The place this was built for

[AW; The Dampwoods]

POSTED: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:25 pm

Table © Raze :: Set around the 28th of May

Word Count → 315

Willam still wasn't entirely sure with what she was going to do. She had plans to make in case she went through with the penance but she wasn't certain if she could go through with it even though she knew that she should. She had done wrong and needed to be punished for it. Still it would be difficult to do it entirely on her own and she had no one about in order to aid her with it. There would be no way that she could complete her penance on her own and yet there was no one that she knew who would understand why she had to do this. But even though she knew of this dilemma she still continued on with her preparations. It wouldn't hurt her to be ready for the end should she figure out some way in order to complete her penance.

The large woman still had plenty of work to do, especially since she had to rebuild her cross as her previous one had been destroyed. She was in the middle of reworking that but had taken a break from that particular project in order to work on another one instead. She needed somewhere to take her cross to once it was done so that she wouldn't have to remake this one as well. To find the perfect place Willam left the safety of Inferni.

Even though she was outside of the borders she still remained near enough too them, keeping to the woods that Inferni had laid partial claim to. She didn't want to leave her home too far behind but she also didn't want to set up too close to the borders either. Instead she was looking for some place that was perfect outside of the southeastern borders of Inferni. She was looking for a place where it would be easy enough to erect a cross.

DEAD
Luperci
Nihil Sine Deo

POSTED: Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:28 am

(634) — Hope this fits with what you had in mind! <33

Brandy was doing the usual. Casually strolling through the terrain, no purpose or goal in mind, absorbing the scenery and just trying to get to know her surroundings. Though she had been around for some time now, she was yet to discover all the little secrets that Nova Scotia kept in its closet. She still didn’t know half the packs that existed here, having only heard of them through those she met in passing. Therefore, to remedy the situation, she explored, looking around and making a mental note of what was where. She didn’t want to find herself in the scenario that played out in her mind. The whole idea of not being able to find her nearest and dearest if she needed to scared her half to death.

As she made her way through the various flora that littered the landscape, her nostrils flared. An unfamiliar scent wafted into her nose, causing her to slow her pace for a moment or two. Truth be told, she had little idea where she actually was, and even though discussing the locations with those she stumbled across had its uses, she still didn’t possess a mental map of the world she now lived in.

She pondered briefly for a moment turning back, wary and cautious of what might be ahead, but her curiosity told her to continue. Being as naive as she was, the concept of danger meant little to the auburn-haired woman. She believed that as long as she was kind and generous to another, they would return the favor. She had little interest or belief in the idea that someone could just be evil. In her mind, there had to always be a reason why they could be that way, and more often than not, that reason would manifest itself as something Brandy might have done wrong.

Fiddling quickly with the thick rope that held her guitar to her back, she pushed on forward. Her tracking skills were quickly improving, thus she found it fairly easy to locate the thick scent on the breeze. It was a strange smell, a mixture of salt, honeysuckle and marshland. It made her hackles flicker with unease, as though some remote wrinkle in her brain was trying to warn her away, but the dark furred woman ignored the warnings. She remembered how the smell had clung to the little pup’s fur. The one named Kara, who she rescued from a mothering hawk. A smile briefly passed over her lips, and the woman finally came to the clearing where the scent seemed planted.

There was another woman up ahead, seemingly busy with her own mission. She had pale fur, and eyes of fiery red. Brandy sighed quietly to herself. This stranger didn’t seem like too much of a threat. Slowing her pace, she gradually made her way toward the woman, careful not to approach too close, too quickly.

‘Hello,’ she spoke gently, her southern drawl wrapped around her words. ‘Are you OK?’ Brandy gave a warm smile, moving her cowboy hat as to reveal her eyes better to the woman. She didn’t want to make the woman feel uneasy. Brandy had a heart of gold, and she just wanted to see if this stranger needed her help. Plus, she could also figure out where in the hell she actually was.

‘You look like you’re trying to find something, or someone.’ She tilted her head slightly, watching for some kind of reaction from the woman, completely unaffected by the fact that this stranger was coyote, not wolf. Brandy didn’t discriminate. All creatures deserved help. She had even helped a bear from an angry horde of bees at one point, thus lending a hand to this pale woman didn’t cause her any concern.

‘Perhaps I can help you? I’m Brandy Mae…’

Brandy Mae

Replies are SLOW for the next few weeks. Very unwell, so just getting online when I can, sorry.
Brandy is in Optime form unless otherwise stated.
She is a bouncing bright and shiny ball of joy.

Laura
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:25 am

Table © Raze :: I honestly didn't have anything too special in mind.

Word Count → 310

Willam became distracted from her search to find the perfect spot to complete her penance by the sound of another's voice. While her wounds had healed there was permanent scarring on the sides of her face from where she had dug in her claws so deep. These claw marks went up both sides of her face and back to the back of her head. These marks had been part of her punishment though they had been tended to by the medic. Still the large woman felt as if it wasn't enough. She felt she needed to punish herself even further.

”I am only looking for a place. I need somewhere outside of the clan to complete my penance so that I do not disturb them.” So she was looking for a place rather than a person or a thing. Willam glanced around at the area that she was in once more before looking back to Brandy. ”I need to find a place to erect a cross.” She didn't know if any of that would even make sense to the female that had offered her help. Still it explained exactly what Willam was doing.

”I am Willam la Chemin of Inferni.” The large woman responded and even held out her hand to shake, her manners automatically taking over despite the devastation of her mind. She was riddled with guilt but continued to function. Of course she was only working to end up ending her existence. It was the only way that she could figure to make amends for everything. Of course she hadn't revealed the entire details of her plan to anyone but was working in her spare time to prepare for her final act of penance. She still couldn't say for certain that she would go through with it but she felt the need to be prepared just in case.

DEAD
Luperci
Nihil Sine Deo

POSTED: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:22 pm

(560) — Sorry for the wait! <3

Penance. Brandy had heard the word many times back in her homelands. Her father had been quite religious, and though it hadn’t rubbed off on Brandy as extensively, she still held the details in her mind. Penance. The word echoed through her mind for a minute or two, as she stared quietly at the scarred female in front of her. A punishment. But for what? Brandy smiled softly at her new found companion, shifting the weight of the guitar on her back slightly.

‘Penance…’ Brandy said the word aloud, instantly being brought back into memories of the others she had known when she lived with her father. So many of them displayed marks and scars of such a thing, and Brandy couldn’t understand it. If something was so holy and divine, why would they make so many hurt themselves? What could possibly make them feel so evil? In Brandy’s mind, evil was a figment of the imagination. She firmly believed that as long as she was nice to whoever crossed her path, they would be nice back. She had no reason to believe otherwise, and for this reason, her companion sparked vivid curiosity inside the corridors of her mind.

‘Penance for what?’ She gave a gentle smile, hoping that asking such a question hadn’t offended the coyote female. ‘I haven’t seen or met anyone with faith in a long time… Not since I was back home in Harlan.’ She paused, her stomach turning over with the feeling of homesickness. ‘How big is this cross?’ Brandy continued her questions, unable to halt her curiosity within. ‘I might be able to help you find somewhere to put it… I’ve been wandering these lands for some time now, though I didn’t realize I had come so close to any borders.’

With the mention of Inferni, Brandy’s eyes lit up. She had heard bits and pieces about the place, and met one or two who smelled similar to this woman. She believed Priam was from Inferni, along with her charming friend, Brumaire. It would be nice to see them again, especially Priam. She valued him higher than everyone else, well, mostly. Wayne was the one who held a special place in her heart, but he was a Casa canine. As such, with the knowledge that she was near Inferni borders, it became apparent that Brandy had been turned around somewhere. She had been looking for Casa all along, promising Wayne she would visit… She hoped she would find the right way eventually, but for now, this woman seemed to need her help more than her heart.

Shaking the woman’s hand, Brandy gave a warm smile. She watched her carefully with emerald eyes, unsure of what to say or do in her presence exactly. It wasn’t that Brandy was nervous. She just couldn’t understand this penance thing. It made her brain hurt, trying to analyze it all and work it all out, but hopefully her companion could remedy some of the burning desire to understand.

‘It’s nice to meet you William,’ Brandy finally said, taking her hand back from the shake. ‘How close are we to the Inferni borders then? I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere, but perhaps that was supposed to happen.’ She smiled again one more time. ‘Maybe I am supposed to be here to help you with your cross problem…’

Brandy Mae

Replies are SLOW for the next few weeks. Very unwell, so just getting online when I can, sorry.
Brandy is in Optime form unless otherwise stated.
She is a bouncing bright and shiny ball of joy.

Laura
Luperci

Dead Topics