Joining CdC

POSTED: Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:11 am

Character Name: Dawn Hushhowl
Character Birthdate: 10 Jun 2015
Species: Wolf (52.5% Mackenzie Valley Wolf, 25% Russian Wolf, 22.5% Arctic Wolf)
Is your character a Luperci?: Yes
Other 'Souls Characters: Moon Moon Damaichu, Maelyx Nocturne, Mercy Nightshade, Howland Reeves
How you found 'Souls?: n/a
Are you joining a pack?: CdC
If joining a pack, are you joining IC or OOC?: OOC (already an NPC)
Profile or three writing examples: 
Moon Moon Damaichu wrote:
Word Count → 600+ :: You asked for it!! ;) This is Kebira.

The only reason the horse was following her was because her pockets were stuffed with apples. Moon Moon giggled softly as the dark snout nosed at her shoulder, eyes crinkling with delight as she reached a pale hand back to deposit another slice into the jaws of the happy mare. Kebira, the chestnut mare, had been one of Moon’s favorite claims from the fall out of Sapient; if something so bad had been inevitable, at least something good came of it! But Moon was pregnant when she inherited the creature, and rode in a cart rather than astride during the ensuing days of Sapient’s disbandment. Which meant that Moon had never learned to ride on the creature’s back… or how to handle her at all, really. But Kebira was a good tempered creature, loyal and well trained, which really worked in the Court’s favor the way Moon Moon liked to let her out and lead her around like this – by the apple, with no lead and no halter. A lesser animal would have run away. Not Kebira. At least, not as long as Moon had snacks stuffed in her clothing…

…but, what do ya know? That was her last one…

Kebira nosed her back again, and the wolfess just shrugged her shoulders. Nothin’ left, she said. I could maybe have gotten ya somethin’ if ya’d carried this bag a’ stuff fer me, but ya didn’t… she muttered unhappily at her equine companion. Truth be told, the only reason Kebira wasn’t in some way baring the burden of Moon’s sack of art supplies was because the Damaichu woman had no idea how to get a horse to carry stuff!

Displeased by this development, Kebira stamped, and champed her teeth, and then trotted off. Moon’s eyes trailed after her longingly, but her only worry was that her friend was wandering away... the fact that she’d just let her horse out to run free and without constraint was lost on her. Eventually, Kebira was just a blot in the distance as she stopped to crop the grass.

Hey, what tha… Moon grumbled to herself, espying a fuzzy rock atop a knoll. It was mid-day, and though the seasons waned the sun still blazed brilliantly, warming the Court and, apparently, lulling its members into deep catnaps. Moon decided to trek up the little hill and inspect what the fuzzy rock was all about… and that was when she realized it was not a rock, but a pale Luperci dozing in the sun. You’re… yer really pretty, she whispered to the stranger as she knelt down beside him, poking her spotted nose at his, but not touching for fear of rousing him. She was so close that her breath disrupted a few wispy, golden locks of his mane. He had some scars but they were no big deal since they didn’t take away from his loveliness, and in a way they added an air of perfect imperfection to his looks.

Immeasurable time passed while Moon sat there, peering at him with admiration like a mother might do a sleeping child. But Moon Moon could not handle very long spans of time before growing restless, and soon she began to try to think up ways to “accidentally” wake him up. After trying, unsuccessfully, to rouse him by shuffling, and humming a song, and then to lie down beside him and nap herself (however that was supposed to work…) she finally got her bright idea.

Reaching into her sack, she proffered an old paint brush. The brushes had just been cleaned so the bristles were soft and supple. She poked his nose with it. It seemed to have little more effect than a fly landing on him would.

He was being dreadfully boring, just lying there supine and napping like that. Moon decided that there was only one reasonable thing to do at this juncture…

She pulled her pigments out of the sack and began painting pink and yellow and green and blue and purple butterflies on his chest.

The only people for me are the mad ones.

Template by Kitty, artwork by Nectar.

Mercy Nightshade wrote:<table class="infotable">
Word Count → 600+ :: Back dated to a few days after losing her First Blood.

You failed me! the admonishment rang through the halls of the Courthouse and spilled out every window and door to the dusty streets of Fort Kingsbury. For days after her failed First Blood, she hid away from the jeers and glares of her back, off in the forest. She kept moving so Veri and Damon couldn't find her, and she only willingly revealed herself to her beloved brother Rumpa – and even he only got a husk of the Mercy he was used to. She was an adult now, fully and truly, but she had never felt so childish... so foolish!

Eventually the heartache and humiliation of the loss became just another persistent, low din to which she was almost numb. Almost. That emotional anesthetic allowed her to show her face again, even if she was resolute in her stubbornness and refused to meet anyone's eyes. Though she would not make eye contact she also did not cower, training her gaze dead ahead and ignoring anyone who passed by.

Mercy actually thought she could return to the fort and ignore the ache inside of her, but as soon as she crossed the threshold of the courthouse, the dam broke and it all flooded back in. Her shattered confidence, her broken self worth. And though it was all one big joke played on her by the entire, insufferable pack, one man was responsible for these feelings.

You manipulated me! You actually made me care! her voice raised in pitch with each word, becoming a banshee scream. When she stepped into the courthouse she found the dark visage of her foster brother and mentor – the one who made her actually think she had a chance. I never had a chance and you knew it all along! Up against Teagan?! One of the best fighters in the pack! Why didn't - tears began to well in her eyes, which only served to enrage her further. She hated crying in front of people. They would see her tears and think it was weakness, but really she was just the type who cried when she was angry. She hated herself for it... and a million other things. -why didn't anyone stop me from bringing my sling? They said it was okay. I know now that they don't let people bring in those kinds of weapons, so why me? She failed to acknowledge that it would have made no difference to the outcome if she had brought a different weapon, for the only thing she trained in was her sling... it just turned out the method of training – constant target practice with stationary targets – had been all wrong.

Violet eyes squeeze tightly and then fluttered, blinking away the wetness that gathered there, the tears which were her denied sadness, her admitted anger. You made me care about it, and I made an ass of myself in front of the whole pack! Everyone counted on me to fail. You were the only one who I thought was different! But now I... now I see you were just setting me up, like the rest of them. Her rage finally began to abate as she burned up her energy to fight. She could keep going but she would just be repeating herself over and over... she was about to, anyway, even if she was going in circles and getting nowhere, when there was a noise behind her. She glanced over her shoulder to see the guard dog, Howland, peering in at them. Once he saw that the commotion wasn't any real danger, just an angry 'kid', the guard excused himself and left the courthouse.

Well this time I'm not going to watch myself die.

Template by Kitty, image by PoofPoof (FA).

Howland Reeves wrote:
Howland Reeves
Word Count → 500+ :: Set the morning after her vigil. Hope any assumptions made were ok - can change anything if needed.

Howland had taken the midnight shift, dozing in his semi-renovated guard house before stirring. Though he had no clock, he himself was like clockwork. A light sleeper, the guard rose at the half point of night to take his place at the Fort's gates. Within the next few hours, the more dutiful members of Casa would begin to rise and go about their daily chores, and he would be there at the gate to... not exactly 'greet' them, but to be one of the many fixtures of the pack which was so loyal and constant that it reminded everyone that it was just another safe day in Casa.

He had already stood vigil at the Fort gates for several hours when morning relief came, along with an offering of fried eggs and bread. He accepted both the break and the food, and slipped away toward the barn to first let Gitte and Oda, his nanny goats, out of their pen. The animals were happy for their routine, eager to stretch their legs each morning, and meandered in Howland's presence as he padded out of the fort and down the path. Sometimes the goats got ahead of him, sometimes they trailed behind, but they were always within sight.

Howland put the now cold eggs and bread together in a sandwich and ate a bite as he walked. Gitte trotted ahead and cropped some flowers, only to bleat around a white flower when she noted the approach of the wet luperci. The goat didn't want the coming woman to stop her from enjoying the wildflowers, so she moved off the path and bleated again at Howland, as though he would come to her rescue and allow her to continue eating the junk food.

Howland did respond to the black-and-white goat's noises, though not in whatever way she expected. His ears perked and he raised his gaze curiously, padding down the path in search of his rascal Gitte, when he, too, saw the dripping wet form of Aldora appear through the woods. There was obvious surprise in his yellow coin eyes – that and something else, for though her fur was quickly drying, the cool night had left much water in her pelt, so her fur hugged the curves of her body – curves which were as fluid and seamless as the water which she had bathed in.

Some time ago he vowed to stop gawking at her like it was the first time he'd ever laid eyes on her each time he saw her, because she had to notice this and had to think he was weird, but there was little he could do to hide his admiration. And now that his feelings were out in the open he did not have to hide.

My lady Aldora, he said as he stepped up to her, and bowed in greeting. His eyes met hers, and he tried to gauge whether she seemed tired, or quite the opposite. He reached for her arm and, if she permitted it, intended to plant a gentle kiss upon the back of her hand. You are a vision of loveliness this morning, as ever, the words were something he would normally say to her, but there was a glint of mischief in his eyes. His tone was as serious as a heart attack, but those honey eyes flicked to her sopping wet pelt and his boxy muzzle tightened with a smirk.

And pray for my soul Now that I go
Into this house of wolves

Template by Kitty, artwork by Nat.

Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet
Nuki
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:10 am

Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations!

You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! We encourage you to keep checking out our information; you can find a wealth of it on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once -- the guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference.

If You've Joined the Game As a...

• ... Loner, do begin considering which of the packs you'd like to join. Survival as a Loner is less realistic -- wolves and other canines are generally social creatures, preferring to live in a pack structure!
  • ... IC pack joiner, you can now begin posting -- you may start your IC pack joining thread whenever you're ready. Make sure you check the pack information to see if the leadership requires anything extra from you!
  • ... OOC pack joiner, the leader still has to respond here before you can start roleplaying -- don't worry, though; if you're rejected from the pack you'll be titled as a Loner, and you're free to pursue other packs or the same one later.

Post-Joining Process

Mandatory:
  • Make an In Character post within five days. Post a thread request to get started, or consider starting or replying to an open thread.
  • Keep reading! While there's only a minimum of three topics you have to read to join the game, we provide a wealth of information for a reason -- we expect players to read and reference this material often while they roleplay at 'Souls.
Preferred:
  • If you're leaving us, please try to let us know in the Player Updates forum. There is no penalty for leaving; you're free to re-join at any time later.

Still Need a Bit of Help?

Post any questions you may have in the Questions and Help forum. Check the FAQ first, though! Failing all else, contact a staff member.

If you need help getting adjusted to your pack, you should talk to your pack leader! They can help you to understand the pack's rank system and how to get a better rank, as well as direct you to plots, potential thread partners, and active members of the pack who may be interested in engaging you.

'Souls Assemblage
The Few, The Proud
'Souls Assemblage
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:10 pm

Welcome to Casa di Cavalieri!

Website · Ranks · Maintenence · Wiki · Twitter

Congratulations!

Here are some things that we suggest you take a look at, now that you've been accepted:

• Check out the Game to see how you can start collecting points for fun prizes!
  • Look at the Map and Territory Descriptions to see the various places your character can explore within the pack.
  • Look over the list of Co-Ranks that are available for you character to pursue once they reach the Cadet ranks.
  • Please read our Policies so that you and your character can abide by Casa di Cavalieri's standards.

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact Melissa or Nat and they will do whatever they can to help you! If you're ready to get to roleplaying right away, post in the Thread Requests forum or snag an Open Thread! We hope you enjoy your new home!

Casa di Cavalieri
Lune
Melissa
Luperci Sailor The Brotherhood: Master Equestrian

Dead Joiners