Glittering Wax Butterflies

Post & Graphic Log

POSTED: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:52 pm

Threads.

POSTED: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:53 pm

Free Spirit

Word Count → 310 :: Out of Character text

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since. Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.

He didn’t say any more, but we’ve always been unusually communicative in a reserved way, and I understood that he meant a great deal more than that. In consequence, I’m inclined to reserve all judgments, a habit that has opened up many curious natures to me and also made me the victim of not a few veteran bores.

The abnormal mind is quick to detect and attach itself to this quality when it appears in a normal person, and so it came about that in college I was unjustly accused of being a politician, because I was privy to the secret griefs of wild, unknown men. Most of the confidences were unsought — frequently I have feigned sleep, preoccupation, or a hostile levity when I realized by some unmistakable sign that an intimate revelation was quivering on the horizon; for the intimate revelations of young men, or at least the terms in which they express them, are usually plagiaristic and marred by obvious suppressions.

In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since.

Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me,
As is ever so on the road.

Template by Kitty, artwork by Shade.

Code: Select all
[html]<div class="Dawn_Freespirit"> <div class="Dawn_Freespirit-name"><div></div></div> <div class="Dawn_Freespirit-in">   

<div class="ooc"><span class="wc">Word Count &rarr; 310</span> :: Out of Character text</div>

<p>In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since. <B>Whenever you feel like criticizing any one,” he told me, “just remember that all the people in this world haven’t had the advantages that you’ve had.</B></p><p>
He didn’t say any more, but we’ve always been unusually communicative in a reserved way, and I understood that he meant a great deal more than that. In consequence, I’m inclined to reserve all judgments, a habit that has opened up many curious natures to me and also made me the victim of not a few veteran bores.</p><p> The abnormal mind is quick to detect and attach itself to this quality when it appears in a normal person, and so it came about that in college I was unjustly accused of being a politician, because I was privy to the secret griefs of wild, unknown men. <B>Most of the confidences were unsought — frequently I have feigned sleep,</B> preoccupation, or a hostile levity when I realized by some unmistakable sign that an intimate revelation was quivering on the horizon; for the intimate revelations of young men, or at least the terms in which they express them, are usually plagiaristic and marred by obvious suppressions.
</p>
<p>In my younger and more vulnerable years my father gave me some advice that I’ve been turning over in my mind ever since. </p>

</div>
    <div class="Dawn_Freespirit-lyrics"><strong>Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me, <BR>As is ever so on the road. </strong></div></div>

<p class="Kcredit">Template by <a href="http://www.soulsrpg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=16460">Kitty</a>, artwork by Shade.</p>

<style type="text/css">
    @import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Special+Elite|Cinzel+Decorative|Parisienne');

.Dawn_Freespirit {width:650px; background: url("https://i.imgur.com/5gHCRR3.png") no-repeat top left;  padding:155px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px auto; text-align:justify;  outline:0px solid #000; border:0px solid #f3f1dc;}
    .Dawn_Freespirit b {color:#147954;}
    .Dawn_Freespirit p {text-indent:50px;  }
    .Dawn_Freespirit p b:before {content: open-quote;}
    .Dawn_Freespirit p b:after {content: close-quote;}
    .Dawn_Freespirit-in {padding:10px 10px 10px 10px; margin:0px auto; background-color:rgba(243, 243, 243, 0.8); border:1px dotted #e1e3ec;}
    .Dawn_Freespirit-name {font: 40px/30px 'Parisienne', sans-serif; color:#000; text-align:right; text-shadow: 0px 0px 9px rgba(6, 165, 107, 1)}
    .Dawn_Freespirit-lyrics {font-weight:bold; font: 14px 'special elite', sans-serif; color:#0db678; letter-spacing:4px; text-align:center; padding-top:7px; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 1px 1px 1px rgba(250, 250, 250, 0.9);}
    .Dawn_Freespirit .ooc {opacity:0.7; text-indent:0px; padding:0px; border-bottom:2px dashed #000; margin-bottom:10px;}
    .Dawn_Freespirit .ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
    .Dawn_Freespirit .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; color:#0db678; font-family: 'special elite';}
    p.Kcredit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;} </style>
    [/html]

Archer Silhouette

➧➧ Out of Character text
Word Count: [000]
Date: 21st Sep
Time: 1pm
Form: Optime

When the oration was completed, the magician glanced at the painted wooden triangle he had positioned outside the magic circle. Toward the center of the equilateral triangle, smoke rose from a brass censer in a steady stream, filling the entire room with the scent of peppermint. Scattered about this glowing bowl were pieces of iron, garnet, and red jasper; to the right of the censer stood a metal figurine of a scorpion that cast moving shadows on the floor as the glow of the coals illuminated it.

Slowly, the magician's gaze fixed upon the small object at the base of the triangle. The red light in the room, combined with the faint glow of the censer, clearly showed the symbol drawn on the round piece of paper. It was this sigil that the magician began to focus on as he closed his eyes. In a few moments, the magician held up his wand and slowly started opening his eyes. The name "Phalegh," which he had been repeating mentally, escaped his lips as a whisper, and he continued calling the Mars spirit out loud. With each repetition of the name, the magician opened his eyes a little more, and his voice grew in volume and resonance.

Template by Kitty, edits by Nuki, stock image from DepositPhotos.

Code: Select all
[html]<div class="DawnArcher-Silh"> <div class="DawnArcher-Silh-lyrics"></div> <div class="DawnArcher-Silh-in">   

<div class="ooc">➧➧  Out of Character text</div>

<div class="DawnArcher-Silh-notes" style="float:right;">
Word Count: <strong>[000]</strong> <BR>
Date: <Strong>21st Sep</strong> <BR>
Time: <strong>1pm</strong> <BR>
Form: <strong>Optime</strong></div>

<p>When the oration was completed, the magician glanced at the painted
wooden triangle he had positioned outside the magic circle. Toward the center
of the equilateral triangle, smoke rose from a brass censer in a steady
stream, filling the entire room with the scent of peppermint. Scattered about
this glowing bowl were pieces of iron, garnet, and red jasper; to the right of
the censer stood a metal figurine of a scorpion that cast moving shadows on
the floor as the glow of the coals illuminated it.</P><P>
Slowly, the magician's gaze fixed upon the small object at the base of the
triangle. <B>The red light in the room, combined with the faint glow of the
censer,</B> clearly showed the symbol drawn on the round piece of paper. It was
this sigil that the magician began to focus on as he closed his eyes.
In a few moments, the magician held up his wand and slowly started
opening his eyes. The name "Phalegh," which he had been repeating mentally,
escaped his lips as a whisper, and he continued calling the Mars spirit out
loud. With each repetition of the name, the magician opened his eyes a little
more, and his voice grew in volume and resonance.</p>

</div></div>

<p class="Kcredit">Template by <a href="http://www.soulsrpg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=16460">Kitty</a>, edits by Nuki, stock image from <a href="https://depositphotos.com/">DepositPhotos</a>.</p>

<style type="text/css">
@import url('https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Cinzel|Cinzel+Decorative|Roboto+Slab|Libre+Baskerville|Lovers+Quarrel');

.DawnArcher-Silh {width:650px; background: #edeae5 url("https://i.imgur.com/9snDNTc.png") no-repeat bottom center;  padding:10px 20px 300px 20px; margin:0px auto; text-align:justify; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #1d1d1d; color:#000; outline:1px solid #000; border:1px solid #21171e;}
.DawnArcher-Silh b {color:#8c3c56; text-shadow:#fdebdd 1px 1px 1px;}
.DawnArcher-Silh b:before { content:open-quote; }
.DawnArcher-Silh b:after { content:close-quote; }
.DawnArcher-Silh p {text-indent:50px; font:13px 'Roboto Slab', serif;}
.DawnArcher-Silh-in {padding:10px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px auto; background-color:rgba(237, 234, 229, 0.6); border:1px solid #21171e;}
.DawnArcher-Silh-name {font: 60px/50px 'Lovers Quarrel', cursive; color:#fdebdd; text-align:center; text-shadow: 2px 2px 2px rgba(16, 9, 10, 1); padding-top:15px; }
.DawnArcher-Silh-lyrics {font: 12px/15px 'Libre Baskerville', serif; color:#fffefa; letter-spacing:1px; word-spacing:.5px; text-align:right;  text-shadow:#21171e 1px 1px 2px; border:0px; padding-top:25px; padding-right:5px; padding-bottom:5px;}
.DawnArcher-Silh-notes {text-align:left; width:100px; padding:10px; float:right; margin:12px; background-color:rgba(153, 102, 115, 0.3); font-size:10px; border:1px solid#21171e; -webkit-border-radius: 25px;-moz-border-radius: 25px;border-radius: 25px; color:#573f55;}
.DawnArcher-Silh .ooc {opacity:0.7; text-indent:0px; padding:0px; border-bottom:1px dotted #000; margin-bottom:10px;}
.DawnArcher-Silh.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
p.Kcredit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.notice {display:none;}</style>[/html]

Dead Profiles