Re: [M] Open Letters

POSTED: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 pm

Abigail Sadira wrote:i don't even know what to say
one of my cats went missing 5+ years ago
the local vets just called.. they had her in today.
she has a lovely new family (who apparently never checked her for a microchip hmm) and she's really well looked after
i asked the vet nurse if she would give the family my number because i'd love to see her
the family said they didn't want to contact me
i'm just.. so happy for her, but so sad for me.
when she went missing i was in the worst place mentally. i never looked, and that's on me. this whole time i believed she was dead, i believed i'd lost 3 cats on the roads. i was too scared to find out if she was dead.
and now she's not dead and i can't even see her because i'm the worst fucking owner and i failed her.

Oh my god, I’m happy your kitty was okay! But personally I think it was really shitty of that family to refuse to let you see her, not to mention the fact that she had a microchip hmmmm. I mean, I can see why they would be afraid that you would take her back, but the fact that she really was never theirs in the first place makes me think that you would be entirely in the right to claim her...especially since she has the microchip. But you are NOT a bad cat owner, that is NOT why you can’t see her. You can’t see her due to a series of misfortunate events entirely out of your control! Wishing you the best of luck -hugs-
Sapient
Virtu Summus
El
'Souls Soldier of Love Luperci Tattooist Prince of Bad Ideas

POSTED: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:31 am

^^^ Agreed with El. I don't know what the circumstances are that would lead the family to not look for a microchip (could be they got her from a shelter that didn't check), but it's total garbage that they won't let you see her. I hope they'll turn around and let you have some closure. It's ok to feel sad cause this situation is so bittersweet, but you aren't a bad owner. I hate to see you so hard on yourself for things that are out of your control. I hope you can find some kindness for yourself Rat, because you deserve it.

DEAR TODAY

I had such a great first day of my new job! It's amazing! I got my new apartment! I need to buy furniture because I have nothing!

I really wanna talk about how almost exactly 3 years ago my life was a hot mess and I wanted to die, but I feel weird talking about super personal stuff. So just know that I am so appreciative, I feel extremely lucky, I love and adore all my friends and family, and I am really just grateful that things are different now.
Code by Raze     Sig Pic by Nina     Avatar by San
Salsola
The Family
San
Luperci Milite

POSTED: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:28 pm

thank you both <3

I'm glad things are going better for you now, San!
Cour des Miracles
Grand-duchessa
Rat
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:29 am

so so so much relief and joy and happiness
I promised him that I wouldn't get married until he could, too, and now it's finally happening (fucking so overdue)
just so much relief I'm dizzy! from such a morning of dread and cold anticipation
not out of the woods yet, still a lot of work to do, but for the first time in so long I feel proud to be an Australian <3

slithered here from Eden
Salsola
The Lord Commander
Alaine
Luperci / Cazador Mate to Osrath
wrath of the north
a voice in the deep

POSTED: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:08 am

Lokr Revlis wrote:so so so much relief and joy and happiness
I promised him that I wouldn't get married until he could, too, and now it's finally happening (fucking so overdue)
just so much relief I'm dizzy! from such a morning of dread and cold anticipation
not out of the woods yet, still a lot of work to do, but for the first time in so long I feel proud to be an Australian <3

WELCOME TO THE PARTY, AUSTRALIA
Salsola
The Tradesman
Lorraine
Luperci Milite The Stag is Reborn
brontide
bad blood
archimedes' lever

POSTED: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:59 pm

Huzzah!

Not used to posting here, so here goes I guess; Had a lovely day out with relatives/more responsible adults, dinner, getting a residential-home-thing signed for, and shopping, or just gazing blankly and not finding stuff I want.

And then upon arriving home, informed by one older sibling, that our elder cat, Rosie; a scrawny, talkative and lovely black and white cat with multiple cancers and what we feel was the cat-flu, had passed away during our absence, and had been wrapped up in a towel inside a little box, which I later also wrapped in her floor-towel she had taken to sleeping on and laid a stone with a message etched into it from a store some time ago.

Tomorrow, the cat that greeted us nearly 16 years or so ago, who decided to make herself home by trying to have kittens at the top of the stairs with one current, slightly chubby tiger-tabby still with us among all the other cats she lured towards our home, will be cremated.

Admittedly that also ties in a little bit with things like moving grandparents into their apartment/home-thing, elder-siblings selling a house and as such, needed gardening and stuff done for both-above, need stuff moving, along with a lack of motivation, interest along with the usual low-moods and such that might explain why Dragon has been so lax and using humour more to try and be cheerful, thus I do apologise sincerely for the lack of literary contribution, hopefully I'll start just forcing myself to write and something good comes from it.

-Dragonfloofer.
Inferni
Sanitas
Dragontear
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:50 am

Gee, stressful work dreams are a surefire way to put me in a shitty mood the rest of the day.
Inferni
Aquila
Raze
'Souls Assemblage Luperci Multiple Co-ranks Level III Rex Chaos Star oderint dum metuant
cinder and smoke
ash in your mouth

POSTED: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Surgery went well, 10/10 would do again.
Salsola
The Tradesman
Lorraine
Luperci Milite The Stag is Reborn
brontide
bad blood
archimedes' lever

POSTED: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:37 am

Just finished my second week at my new job, closed five nights in a row with a total of 34 hours this week. Thankfully, next week isn’t so bad but whew today was ROUGH. Hopefully the cash flows well after a while. :>
COMMISSIONS ALWAYS OPEN! PM FOR QUESTIONS!
Salsola
The Associate
Titmouse
Luperci
teeth of the combine

POSTED: Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:08 pm

sometimes i wonder if people post things in group chats just to rub it in my face that nobody messages me outside of group chats lmao
when there's only 3 of you in a group chat and the other 2 are talking about something you're clearly not privy to it's.. annoying ._.
Cour des Miracles
Grand-duchessa
Rat
Luperci

Games and Fun!