Re: Why does your character have their titles + icons?

POSTED: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:00 pm

"Tale as old as time" is from Beauty and the Beast. :B It is one of his favorite books ICly, though. Belle's love for books (in the movie at least) is something that he shares, though he feels more like an awkward beast most of the time.

(I really want to get him an icon of the rose in the glass. <//3)
the saddest song all caught in the briars

Raze
Luperci Chandler, Librarian
tale as old as time
misfit prince

POSTED: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Loki gets a Chaos Star because he is a Lykoi. :D though he really wants the raven banner too bad you're not a real Helsi woman :c

His first title, "silver-tongued," is because he is a silver-tongued liar and manipulator. Its hover, however, is "heart of gold." It's clear that Loki doesn't quite fit in with the harsh Salsola, though he hides his mercy and thinks it is a weakness.

His second title, "follow my feet" with lyrics as the hover, is from this song that Despi showed me. She thought it suited Loki, and I agree -- it does capture the fork in the road between good and evil that Loki is at.
With your feathers and thorns sticking to my hide
Salsola
The Crone
Raze
Luperci Vedetto, Collettore raven & dove
trickster god
two-spirit

POSTED: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:05 pm

Octavius has a little influence from Sabin of FFVI. His title comes from one of the Blitz techniques Sabin learns -- the first one, called Pummel, but Raging Fist in Japan.

Also, this. The hover really should read *suplexes train* xD
i’ve got a fever and a childish wish for snow

Raze
Luperci Did you just suplex a train?!
puffed up aerobics instructor

POSTED: Sun Apr 06, 2014 2:28 pm

I uh. Er. You all have such wonderfully symbolic titles and then Delilah is just.. Y'know. Huge lesbian. >->
Delilah is in Optime form unless otherwise specified.
avatar by Suga, signature by Kiri

Norniff
Luperci
GIGANTIC LESBIAN

POSTED: Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:30 am

sam is forever mommy's little girl.
mama, let's put this body underneath the trees
and put daddy in the truck and head to tennessee

Luperci Chaos Star
poison
DAMNIT LUVDICK. YOU FAILED ME.
mommy's little girl

POSTED: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:39 am

I like this thread, so I'm bringing it back! Except now I'm realizing that most of my stuff is from biking anime. >_________>

WELL Brandy has the Blackrust icon which is relatively self-explanatory!

She also has "fighting dog of troy" title as a homage to a character in biking anime whose nickname was "The Fighting Dog of Kure" - Troy is the city I currently live in now. Her hoverover is "but never on the inside" because she (and me too!) is too soft and squishy to be a mean fighting dog for real <3

Her other title, "reality doesn't change" is from another (and my favorite) character in biking anime (this title actually used to be on Skye, too!) The character in the show is stuck in the past / 'reality' until he learns that he can 'change' it, hence the hoverover 'that's why i'll change it with my own strength!' This relates more to me than my characters, since I've been through a lot to get to the happy place I am in now. :)

also those two characters' motif animals are a dog and a wolf and i love biking anime so much aaaahhhhhhhhhhh

'souls is best wolf rpg ;)

Sunny
I HAVE A BIG HEAD AND LITTLE ARMS
fighting dog of troy

POSTED: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:47 am

BIKE ANIME IS GOOD FOR TITLES. 8D

The bike icon Sie bestowed on me for reasons I forget?? But it is nice. Hover is a bike quote. It probably doesn't actually apply to Kyrios lol.

The "off!" and butcher knife icons were both prizes for contests that did not have a winner, so I took them for myself so they wouldn't go to waste. >:P

Kyrios needs a Chaos star, but maybe when I actually... play him... some day....................
ALAINEY DREW THIS
avatar by felidre ; sig by alaine

con schedule
(aka absence schedule)
'Souls Assemblage
Eldritch Beast
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:47 pm

"HARDEST OF HEARTS" was originally on Axelle, but I moved it to Lithia because it represents her a little better I think. It's from Florence + The Machine's song "Hardest of Hearts", and my take on the meaning of it is being able to be emotionally/mentally strong. The hover "the tenderest touch leaves the darkest of marks" represents Lithia's awkwardness with love and affection and how she thinks its weakening.

The pink snake eyeball icon is like a family crest, almost. It goes on any family member that retains the pink eyes gene. It has a snake pupil because with that gene often comes some unfavorable traits from Tyko Amini, in which Axelle considers poisonous. The hover "your poison taints my blood" reflects this.
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:56 pm

Avinalora has a Midnight Shores icon. The hover "What if I can't forget you? I'll burn your name into my throat, I'll be the fire that'll catch you" is because Avinalora can't forget Midnight Shores and t causes her a lot of pain.

I will get this title:
Somebody make me feel alive
On Avinalora once I get enough points. The song really describes Avinalora. She is also basically shattered and needs to feel alive.
Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:50 pm

I think Magpie is the only one who has a title right now? (I also think I won one for Lucilla at one point I never used.) Anyways, Magpie's is a bit foolish, but she lives up to her name. So all that glitters, does indeed belong to Magpie. Ask Redtooth. She stole his ring.
Inferni Membership: 6 MonthsInferni Membership: 1 Year
Avatar © Lin. Signature Doodle © Songbird.

Kiki
Luperci
all that glitters

Games and Fun!