Telephone Pictionary!

Round One, 4/7 players.

POSTED: Tue May 28, 2013 11:37 pm

Players

Norniff (Alfhildr)
Link (Mordecal)
Li (Aeon Grave)
Sky (Sky Rhiannon) - Still awaiting sentence.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully this will be interesting for you guys... If not, we can let this thread slowly wither and die XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To join this game, please send me a sentence, and then notify here that you have signed up and sent a sentence.

I will accept the first 7 people that send me a sentence and post a notification here that they have signed up.

I may add more as the rounds progress/if the game goes well, but this is a tester for me as well, as I'm still figuring out how it will work too ^^

Game Rules:
  • Everyone signed up should start by PMing me with a sentence. It shouldn't be incredibly long, but it can basically be as silly as you want it to be and about anything you want it to be (though bear in mind that there are younger members on here, so nothing too mature please!). It should particularly be describing a situation, etc. It does not have to be about 'Souls. It can be about anything you wish. (Ex: The bear stared angrily at the man standing in the road, who had just slapped him with a fish).
  • When the game starts, each of these sentences will be sent out to a different player. This player will have 48 hours to portray that sentence in picture form and send me the link to their drawn picture.
  • At the end of those 48 hours, the picture will be sent to a third person, who hasn't seen anything from that chain before. This person will have 24 hours to send in a sentence summarizing the picture.
  • Each chain will continue until each chain circles around the players. All the chains will be posted on the thread (with links to the images) when the game is complete.
  • The thread title and status will note the round number.
  • If you cannot meet a deadline, please notify me as soon as you've received the sentence (or picture)--or, better yet, tell me before you receive one. I will find somebody else and send it there. I will also do this automatically if you have not drawn it in 48 hours. In this way, it is possible for one player to have more than one sentence to draw (or more than one picture to summarize, or one of each) at once.
  • Somebody who consistently fails to meet deadlines will be kicked out of the game at my discretion. Especially somebody who doesn't announce that they cannot meet a deadline beforehand!
Picture/sentence standards:
  • Any drawing program--Photoshop, Flash, MS Paint--will do. Drawing pictures by hand and scanning them will also do. Basically, anything will do as long as I can see it.
  • Having said that, please draw everything from scratch. You can use other images as a reference, but don't paste other pictures into your own.
  • In images, words are completely banned! English letters used to denote words, and codes (Camel Octopus Dinosaur Eagle Snake), will also be sent back with a stern warning, although if it's relevant you can use them to portray the alphabet. Numbers and symbols and math are all fine.
  • Please don't intentionally mislead anybody! Do the most accurate non-legalistic picture that you can. The chain will find a way to mutate anyway.
  • Pictures shouldn't be too large or too small, which basically means as long as I can see them and they are not huge, that's fine.
  • Photographs are best saved as PNGs; otherwise, if in doubt, you should probably save as a JPG. Do not save as a BMP under any circumstances or I'll have to ask you to reformat it before sending it onward, and nobody wants that. If you're using MS paint, remember to save your pictures as .jpg, and NOT keep the .bmp saving!
  • Please be mindful of where you upload your pictures to. Tinypic deletes its pictures without warning. Photobucket is a good bet (that's what I use), if you have that, but imgur is prob your best bet (imgur.com).
  • When you upload, don't save it under a name that will hint at its origins. This is something else that you'll need to reformat over.
  • Keep it to one sentence and don't be too legalistic about what you are summarizing.
Miscellaneous:
  • Please don't talk to other players about the sentences/pictures you got. If somebody tells you anything about a chain you haven't seen yet, please let me know.
  • I will note in-thread if somebody is behind.
  • If you haven't sent a link in within 24 hours (but not the full 48), I'll might send you a prod (if i remember). You may be stricken from the game if you are inactive for the whole round.
  • Have fun! If you aren't having fun, you should talk to me about it, and I'll do my best to find you a replacement. You can also talk to me when you are having fun, of course!
  • Please use 1 PM conversation for this game, so I can keep track of who has what and try my best to keep things running smoothly.
  • If you have any questions, feel free to ask them here or by PM!
  • If I make a mistake at any point, tell me! I'm new at this too :D
Let the games begin!
Last edited by Brandy Mae on Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Brandy Mae

Replies are SLOW for the next few weeks. Very unwell, so just getting online when I can, sorry.
Brandy is in Optime form unless otherwise stated.
She is a bouncing bright and shiny ball of joy.

Laura
Luperci

POSTED: Tue May 28, 2013 11:42 pm

I've sent a sentence and am totes ready for the next step. This sounds fun. c:

Norniff
Luperci

POSTED: Thu May 30, 2013 8:27 am

Shameless bump. >.<

Anyone else gonna play? ^^ <33
Brandy Mae

Replies are SLOW for the next few weeks. Very unwell, so just getting online when I can, sorry.

Laura
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:22 am

You can count me in ^.^

signature by me / avatar drawn by raze / blinky blob by laura <3

Dog
Link
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:11 pm

Yay! Only gotta find 5 more people! :D <33
Brandy Mae

Laura
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:23 pm

Yeah, okay, I'm in too.
Sky Rhiannon

Sky
Luperci SoSuWriMo Winner! Free Candy and Hugs! Bug Hunt Winnter Matchmaker: Still a Better Love Story than Twilight with Aeron!
The Best Medicine
Zu'u Unslaad
rek ofan laas
Для Валгаллу

POSTED: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:01 pm

I'm in :)

Postlog · Souls Wiki · Profile
Avatar by Jazzy · Table By Aoves

POSTED: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:20 pm

Yay :D More people! <33
Not long now, then we can start!!
Brandy Mae

Laura
Luperci

Thread Games