Re: Stuff I've Done

POSTED: Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:51 pm

Finally a new type of candle, a wax melt. Strawberry cheesecake is the scent. And more WIPs, after the sand candle stuff

Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
Luperci Mate to Loki I FOUND THE BUNNIES Gold Soldier of Love
Faerie-Blooded

POSTED: Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:18 pm

These photos make me.... Hungry?????? GOOD STUFF

slithered here from Eden
Loners
Coywolf
Alaine
Luperci /
wrath of the north
a voice in the deep

POSTED: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:30 pm

I love that you're always posting your (delicious) WIPs!! I think I wanna start doing that more? You've inspired me! Keep em coming Sylvey!!! <3 <3 <3
Krokar
Riparian (NPC)
San
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:01 pm

I never realized people were interested in WIPs. A lot of my things (plastic canvas mostly) doesn't look like much before assembled (as you can see with the bear and owls). Now the buildings I'm working on you can sorta tell how they will turn out, they aren't as abstract. With the candles you can see the color change between hot wax and cooled wax.

There will definitely be more to show as far as melts after Wednesday. My store manager put in an order for some melts and since Wednesday is my only day off for the week I'm going to do them then. I might even make some pre-mades to put up for sale too. Or if anyone is interested in getting any then I'll add them to the stuff I'm making. Might also have another order from another manager to make as well, if she decides what she wants before Wednesday since I only just gave her the list today and we don't always work the same shift.

I'm going to be doing new colors for the SM's order so if there is interest then I'll take a picture of the wax when just poured and then when set and cooled just to show the color difference since the process will be the same as the last time (only single colors this time) so no real need for WIPs.
Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
Faerie-Blooded

POSTED: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:51 am

Been meaning to post these for awhile but just been feeling too tired to do anything at all. These are the melts that my SM bought from me. The first two are the "wet" picture of what the melted wax looks like before it is set and the second two arethe "dry" picture of the true color after it has set and hardened.

This one is the color of Autumn Orange and the scent is Amish Harvest:

This one is the color of Maple and the scent is Buttercream:

Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
Faerie-Blooded

POSTED: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:12 pm

Just got done with this birthday card I made for my grandma. Since WIPs seem to be a thing I took a couple.

And because Jace had asked how I start out when working on cross stitch. I literally just lay out everything I need for the project and stick it in a plastic bag together. Eventually this will become a bookmark for my Grandma and after more work on it another WIP will be posted:

Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
Faerie-Blooded

POSTED: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:33 pm

So it was a very productive day today. I made 9 jars (2 of those layered), 5 melts, and 1 pillar. The pillar is some kit I got and it still has to finish setting so I only have WIPs of that and no finished product yet since it takes days. And since there are so many it is going to be broken up over various posts.

So first a shot of what my Uncle called my candle factory. As you can see everything is in various degrees of setting and shows everything I worked on today.

Now some shots of the pillar:

I will update about the pillar again once it has been removed from the mold.
Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
Faerie-Blooded

POSTED: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:42 pm

This post is dedicated to Dread's order. The color is Navy Blue but I only used a partial chip so the color is lighter. The fragrance is Black Raspberry Vanilla.

Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
Faerie-Blooded

POSTED: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:02 pm

This post is dedicated to Jace's order. The color is just the plain white of soy wax when it hardens. The fragrance is Vanilla Buttercream. Jace challenged me to make as many as I could with a full ounce of fragrance.

Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
Faerie-Blooded

POSTED: Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:36 pm

This post is dedicated to Gen's order. Like last time she got different colors and different fragrances. I also used partial chips on all of these so the colors are all lighter.

First is the fragrance Black Coconut and the color is Maize

Second is the fragrance Lavender Eucalyptus and the color is Green

Third is the fragrance Rain and the color is Navy Blue

[smimg=350][https://img00.deviantart.net/3a87/i/2017/283/a/5/rain__candle_by_sylvey-dbq6p4q.jpg][/smimg]

Last is the fragrance Carribean Dream and the color is Teal

And now for various stages of finishing

Hanging out with Dread's candle

Rain before fully hardened and looking kinda stormy, bit of Lavender Eucalyptus is there too

All four candles at various stages

Finally, finished products all together

Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
Faerie-Blooded

Talents