Wiki & Stylish (chrome addon) help

POSTED: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:35 pm

So I have a very 1st world problem.

My eyesight sucks, and I have an ultrawide monitor I use for gaming + my primary monitor. I am trying to get more into using the Soulswiki, but trying to use it on the ultrawide is kind of tough. I downloaded Stylish, which is a chrome addon that lets you customize website layouts. I am trying to get the souls wiki to be relatively like the forum - center aligned, and not stretching across the whole monitor. So far, nothing I have tried has helped. Is anyone familiar with this addon and could point me in the right direction of what to edit? I just want to stop the wiki from running across the whole screen on my end, so being able to set the whole thing to a 60-70% width and center aligned would be awesome.

Hilli
Luperci
Raise my hands
Paint my spirit gold

POSTED: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:27 am

Hi there! I looked around the addon a little and it looks like they allow you to edit css, so below are the css changes that make the wiki look how you want it, at least for me. I'm not sure exactly what steps to take using the addon, unfortunately, so I'm sorry if this isn't too helpful!

The body tag should look like this. This is changing the margin to 'auto' and adding a set width. You can change the width % as needed.
Code: Select all
body {
    font: x-small sans-serif;
    background: #f9f9f9 url(headbg.jpg) 0px 0px no-repeat;
    color: black;
    margin: auto;
    padding: 0;
    width: 60%;
}

To have the left side menu go with it, find #pageleft in the css and change the left value to 'auto'. I'm not sure if this is 'correct' code, but it makes it go right next to the rest for me.
Code: Select all
#pageleft {
    position: absolute;
    left: auto;
    top: 0;
    width: 11.6em;
Krokar
Captain
Myst
Moderator Luperci Mate to August Cartographer IT'S SO FLUFFY

POSTED: Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:38 am

Thank you! This worked :D