Re: Dale's Free Character Designs

POSTED: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:43 am

oooo these designs are awesome! Too bad I'm not in the market for any characters in the future, else I'd def claim the wolfdog one xD
Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:47 am

Lithia Napier wrote:oooo these designs are awesome! Too bad I'm not in the market for any characters in the future, else I'd def claim the wolfdog one xD

Encouragement is still appreciated! Feedback helps give me ideas and inspiration to do new designs.
Creature
Fish Crow
Dale
Creature

POSTED: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:37 am

Dogmeat wrote:This next design is for a piebald tricolored collie-like canine, with ticking present in the white parts. I thought this was a bit plain for the colors I picked, so to spice it up, I gave the character a nose ring. This should be pretty easy to edit out if you don't like the piercing, or want to change it.

Preview image:

Link to Full Size: https://i.imgur.com/QseYlTe.png

I would love to go ahead and claim this bubba from ya!

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by Jasmae@FA, signature image by Nina@SoulsRPG

Salsola
The Warden
J
Luperci Witch Mate to Helena and Calla
WINTER IS COMING

POSTED: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:52 am

Till Van Ulrich-Lykoi wrote:
Dogmeat wrote:This next design is for a piebald tricolored collie-like canine, with ticking present in the white parts. I thought this was a bit plain for the colors I picked, so to spice it up, I gave the character a nose ring. This should be pretty easy to edit out if you don't like the piercing, or want to change it.

Preview image:

Link to Full Size: https://i.imgur.com/QseYlTe.png

I would love to go ahead and claim this bubba from ya!

Sure you can! I'll go ahead and edit into the other post that this design is no longer available. I'll send you the Imgur links for your reference, and would you like the original transparent PNG as well? I have to fix some antialiasing issues I found in the original, but I should be able to get rid of them!
Creature
Fish Crow
Dale
Creature

POSTED: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Dogmeat wrote:
Salvia Eternity wrote:Oh man yeah these are cool. If no one else snatches up that coyote I'm all about it for a future NPC. :0

I'll give it a week or two, and if no one immediately comes and asks for it, it's all yours!

Now, this design has to be one of my favorites so far. I can't get over how well this brown brindle goes with the black face marking and the setter-type coat and build. Unfortunately, there were issues with the lineart coming out jagged in the full size image, and I couldn't figure out why it was doing that.

Preview Image:

Link to Full Size Image: https://i.imgur.com/M9OnBMz.png

I've just fallen in love! Can I claim this design please? <3
ImageImageImage
Mistfell Vale
Crowstooth
Rina
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:40 pm

Jura wrote:
Dogmeat wrote:
Salvia Eternity wrote:Oh man yeah these are cool. If no one else snatches up that coyote I'm all about it for a future NPC. :0

I'll give it a week or two, and if no one immediately comes and asks for it, it's all yours!

Now, this design has to be one of my favorites so far. I can't get over how well this brown brindle goes with the black face marking and the setter-type coat and build. Unfortunately, there were issues with the lineart coming out jagged in the full size image, and I couldn't figure out why it was doing that.

Preview Image:

Link to Full Size Image: https://i.imgur.com/M9OnBMz.png

I've just fallen in love! Can I claim this design please? <3

Sure you can! I'm sending you a PM now!
Creature
Fish Crow
Dale
Creature

POSTED: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:47 pm

Here's another design inspired by wild canine coloring. The animal referenced for this character's design was a coyote, but the build clearly resembles some sort of dog. The light parts could either be the undercoat lightening, or a dog's Irish white with some ticking. What do you guys think this character's story is?

EDIT: Claimed by Silverfrost on the 16th of April, 2018!
Last edited by Dogmeat on Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creature
Fish Crow
Dale
Creature

POSTED: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:28 pm

Dogmeat wrote:Here's another design inspired by wild canine coloring. The animal referenced for this character's design was a coyote, but the build clearly resembles some sort of dog. The light parts could either be the undercoat lightening, or a dog's Irish white with some ticking. What do you guys think this character's story is?

Preview Image:

Link to Full Sized Image: https://i.imgur.com/rM3yJ9D.png

May I please claim this amazing design? <3
Casa di Cavalieri
Lionheart
Silverfrost
Luperci Healer; Groundskeeper The Brotherhood: Master of Tooth and Claw
You've spent a life time stuck in silence

POSTED: Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:37 pm

Iorek wrote:
Dogmeat wrote:Here's another design inspired by wild canine coloring. The animal referenced for this character's design was a coyote, but the build clearly resembles some sort of dog. The light parts could either be the undercoat lightening, or a dog's Irish white with some ticking. What do you guys think this character's story is?

Preview Image:

Link to Full Sized Image: https://i.imgur.com/rM3yJ9D.png

May I please claim this amazing design? <3

You may! I'm sending you a PM now.
Creature
Fish Crow
Dale
Creature

POSTED: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:48 pm

This design is something I'm very proud of. I forgot to add the effect that makes each patch of color look like blending fur, but that doesn't matter. It still came out great, in my mind, and I found a lineart that compliments coyote-inspired colors in the process!

EDIT: Claimed by Raze on 17th of April, 2018!
Last edited by Dogmeat on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Creature
Fish Crow
Dale
Creature

Templates