Re: Dale's Free Character Designs

POSTED: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:43 pm

There are a lot of things this design, using two templates made by Nat, could be. It could be a coywolf, coyjackal, a jackal-dog, a red wolf...there are lots of possibilities here. Inspirations include red-tailed hawks, maned wolves, cross foxes, and pumpkins.

Edit: Claimed by Raze on the 16th of July, 2019!
Last edited by Dogmeat on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dale
Creature

POSTED: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:46 pm

May I please claim this one? :3
I can feel the thunder that's breaking in your heart
I can see through the scars inside you
Del Cenere Gang
El Probado
Raze
oderint dum metuant You have to love yourself a fire
cave canem
unconditional loyalty

POSTED: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:49 pm

You certainly can, Raze! I'll send you a PM shortly.

Dale
Creature

POSTED: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:06 am

It's summertime, and what better way to celebrate the season than summer-themed designs? Using colors with citrus-themed names according to the palette sites I used (or drink names, since drinks and fruit go well together), here is a possible isabella merle or light cream merle with tan points and odd white spotting. It could be Irish white with some very concentrated ticking, piebald that fades into the white of the merle, or perhaps something more. The build suggests a lot of dog in the character's heritage, but the details are up to you.

Though it might be hard to see, this character is also odd-eyed. The left is a lime green, the right is a Florida orange.

The lineart for this design was provided by Kitty/Dakikr, who's one of 'Souls's own. Her watermark must remain on any artwork of this design that uses her lineart.

Preview image:

Link to Full Size Image: https://i.imgur.com/v7OmDfT.png

Dale
Creature

POSTED: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:15 pm

I'm sorely out of practice on mugshot + pixel ref sheets and designs. I think that shows very much in this latest work, but I'm putting it up here still because I think the pixels look good. (That top puppy one might be a bit off, as I forgot to color a puppy pixel and had to make do with resizing a Lupus pixel.) The design could work for a coyote, coyote hybrid, Mexican Wolf or Red Wolf, though it's up to you on what this design is.

The base art for this design is by Kate "Sie" Walsh, a 'Souls roleplayer and the creator of Forum Roleplay, who has asked that credit be given on any works made with her art. Her watermark must remain on any art for this character that uses this particular lineart.

Edit: Claimed by Vida on 20th July, 2019!
Last edited by Dogmeat on Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dale
Creature

POSTED: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:43 pm

Dogmeat wrote:I'm sorely out of practice on mugshot + pixel ref sheets and designs. I think that shows very much in this latest work, but I'm putting it up here still because I think the pixels look good. (That top puppy one might be a bit off, as I forgot to color a puppy pixel and had to make do with resizing a Lupus pixel.) The design could work for a coyote, coyote hybrid, Mexican Wolf or Red Wolf, though it's up to you on what this design is.

The base art for this design is by Kate "Sie" Walsh, a 'Souls roleplayer and the creator of Forum Roleplay, who has asked that credit be given on any works made with her art. Her watermark must remain on any art for this character that uses this particular lineart.

Preview image:

Link to Full Size Image: https://i.imgur.com/1L46WNR.png

aaa this is exactly what I need! Can has? <3
Salsola
The Warden
Vida
Luperci Mate to Andrew

POSTED: Fri Jul 19, 2019 6:55 pm

You certainly can, Vida! I will send you a PM.

Dale
Creature

POSTED: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:48 pm

Another pixel + mugshot sheet. It didn't come out quite as I had hoped, but I think it still works, and I've wanted to use this Kiritar for a while. The design was inspired by white tigers, and is supposed to be some sort of dog, dog-coyote, dog-jackal mix, or dog hybrid with blue brindling and a silver or isabella base. (It could also work as some sort of merle or harlequin design.) There are white markings on the back feet, back legs, tail tip, eyes, nose and ears, but they're hard to see because of the coat.

Preview image:

Link to Full Size Image: https://i.imgur.com/GCBveq6.png
Last edited by Dogmeat on Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dale
Creature

POSTED: Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:50 pm

I'm not entirely sure what this is. Is it a jackal-dog hybrid? A coyote-dog hybrid? A wolf-coyote-dog hybrid of some kind? All four combined, or perhaps a strange-looking, all-dog mutt? The possibilities are endless and I encourage the claimer of this design to be as creative as they can.

The base lineart is a combination of linearts by Tuketi on Deviantart. Tuketi's watermark will be put on the mugshot, resized body shot, and full size body shot for this character since those crop out or make the watermark unseen.

Edit: Claimed by Despi on the 6th of August, 2019!
Last edited by Dogmeat on Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dale
Creature

POSTED: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:19 pm

This next design is inspired by a rescue dog Ray showed me and uses a template provided by the talented Despi. The animal this is based on was a mixed-breed dog, but the character this design could be used for a jackal-dog, coydog, mixed-breed dog, or wolfdog. It might even be a combination of all four, like the design above!

The base art for this design is by Despi, a 'Souls roleplayer who has asked that credit be given on any works made with their art. Their watermark must remain on any art for this character that uses this particular lineart.

Preview image:

Link to the Full Size Image: https://i.imgur.com/OBUZO01.jpg

Dale
Creature

Templates