With Every Scar

Avinalora

POSTED: Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:37 pm

[369] Lets have them meet cuz Nyx doesn't really know where Avi lives yet lol

It had been apparent to Nyx even before her training for the day had concluded that she had overdone it. The burlap exterior of the training dummy she'd been striking was smudged with spots of red and stunk with the smell of drying blood as she stood by, panting and looking down at her own shaking hands, the knuckles of which were split and dripped blood slowly down the lengths of her petite fingers. With a quiet hiss of pain, the now Anatheman sub-leader flexed her hands, balling them into a fist and then stretching her fingers to their limit before picking up her weapons once more and leaving the grounds.

The sun was high as the day progressed, light glinting brilliantly off of the snow and off of Nyx's own fur, giving it a more icy appearance in stark contrast to the red dripping from her hands. Trudging her way through the snow, the Malphas made her way over to the storage where the pack kept fresh bandages. The ice furred warrior would have liked to trot along on all fours, but the pain in her hands was pulsing and made her arms go weak, she didn't think she'd be able to walk in Lupus or Secui form, especially with her disfigured front leg acting up in the cold, the old injury making it hard for that appendage to accept the bearing of much of her weight even without the added damage she'd managed to do to her knuckles today.

Standing in front of the storage, looking at the rack of bandages and dried hanging herbs, the small snowy female folded her ears back and pondered what she should do. The snowy little female was more of a "lick your wounds and move on" type, but she knew that her hands needed treatment if she was going to be able to train again any time soon with them, and training was much of what the Malphas lived for. If she was weak, she wouldn't be able to protect her family and her home, and so being weak and taking any more time off from training was just something that didn't seem like an option to the petite wolf-dog.

Image (c) davebloggs007 | Texture: InterRose | Table by Sammiie

Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie
Luperci Mate to Lukos Bound by blood, never alone.

POSTED: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:53 pm

A small figure walked through the village. She was much smaller than most of the hybrids, her jackal blood greatly influencing her stature. From the little fur one could see, she was silver-furred with a darker saddle. The small creature was bundled up in a lot of clothing, her fur much too short to provide adequate protection against the cold. A grey and white scarf was wrapped around her neck and she wore a green anorak over a grey plaid and jeans. The only appendage left to the elements was a fox-like tail. Her hood was down and her large ears were left to the cold. Her black hair was pulled back in a ponytail and her broken, mismatched, forest eyes looked out from the winter background.

Avinalora had been pulled away from the new house they had picked out. Her duties as a healer spurred her to check out the herbs in storage they had. She also brought several bags of dried herbs and vials of poultice to contribute to Anathema's storage. The vixen wanted to establish herself as a healer, something that she hadn't done much of while in her old pack. So contributing to Anathema's herb storage would be helpful and maybe she could see if there were any other healers that she could learn from.

The jackal medic was still broken. Midnight Shores had been her rock, her home. She didn't think rocks could shatter, but those pieces had cut into her heart. And nothing could heal those wounds. Her mind churned with what she could have done. She could have searched harder, she could have spent more time with her pack mates, she could have been more active inside the pack. The former Midnighter was starting to unravel, nothing bad but she wasn't all there. The vigilance she used to have was almost gone. She was less caring and struggled to show any emotion. Her soul had been locked away, leaving a frail shell of what she was.

It took longer than normal for the Zepar to notice the scent of blood as she neared the storage. She also smelled a familiar individual. She peeked around the corner to see a familiar battle-scarred woman with white fur. The Malphas stunk of blood and even with the mutt's horrible eyesight, the crimson staining her hands was discernable. What had this woman been up to? A fight?

"You look like you need medical assistance, Nyx." The monochrome fox said as she turned the corner. Her voice had some life to it but it wasn't very far from emotionless. But it was her duty to heal all and the moon-washed maiden saw someone who was bleeding and would be damned if she didn't help.

Word Count ➤ 456

Sorry for the wait!

Jean-Sébastien Guénette | JadedReality & 8Moments | Table by Sammiie

Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:10 pm

[369] Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy I've been so bored jk it's all good XD

The snow colored Anatheman was silently rummaging through the herbs, desperately trying to remember what had been used those times she'd been patched up by Bridget or Skana, but the two healers that had since gone their separate ways from the pack had never told her what sorts of things they were using, the small warrior having nothing but scent to go off of. Nyx had put her nose to work trying to pick out the herb, but, if she was being honest, the whole place sort of just stunk like plants, she couldn't pick out one from another, especially with the vague memory of the scent that she had picked up such a long while ago.

Too distracted to notice the approach of the heavily cloth clad vixen girl, Nyx's head snapped up as she heard a voice and hit the top of her head on the underside of a shelf, letting out a startled yip and hiding her hands behind her back as she turned to look at the petite jackal with widened amethyst eyes. "W-what do y-you mean? I'm f-fine, I mean.. U-um..." the Malphas started but trailed off in her protestation as she recalled the thought of having to wait longer to use her hands for training again if she didn't get them treated. With a light sigh, the fighter relaxed her arms and let her red stained hands fall down at her sides from where they'd been hiding behind her back.

"Ah, I-I was training... Y'know, t-trying to hit harder... I-I-I might have hit a bit t-too hard though." The warrior admitted, looking now at the silver girls face, her brows furrowing as she observed the deadened look in her eyes. "I-In the past I-I was friends with a-a couple of the healers, B-Bridget a-and Skana, but they left th-the pack a long time ago, s-so I've taken to... Trying to p-patch myself up, b-but I'm not a healer s-so..." Nyx tilted her head as she looked at Avinalora, wondering if it was too forward to ask if something was bugging her. Perhaps if the silver vixen was willing to spend some time with Nyx, she'd find a better opportunity to get her talking.

Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:00 pm

Sorry for the wait!
Word Count: 436

Avinalora winced slightly as Nyx hit her head on the shelf. She added ice to the perscription since that bump seemed like it might swell. And then the bloodied hands were hidden behind her back and the woman tried to hide the fact that she was injured. With the wounds being on such an important part of the body, her hands infection could happen. And the vixen wouldn't let that happen. The winter warrior did need treatment before the wound became infected and she would make sure that the treatment was carried out, she would be sure of it.

"Remember, I have a strong sense of smell," the silver vixen replied as the hybrid trailed off. SHe then proceeded to scoop a chunk of ice off the ground and hold it out to the woman. "Put this against the bump on your head to stop swelling." She added. The jackal mutt remembered when they had met, when she was teaching her wards about awareness. That seemed like years ago; the disbandment had seemingly aged her. The memories of pre-disbandment stung her heart, the memories of her pack mates and home were like salt water in the scars on her heart.

Finally, the Malphas admitted that she did need treatment, having been injured while training. Judging by the wound, she could have injured herself while punching something. The jackal medic stepped forward to inspect the injury before reaching into her satchel and pulling out several vials. She held them near her face and scented them, never needing to label the flasks. She picked out a few vials. In one vial was a mixture of dock and penta, an antiseptic solution that she made. The healer could use alochol but she prefered to use herbs since she wasn't the biggest fan of such and herbs were easier to obtain. She had to decide between using aloe, goldenrod, horsetail, tormentil, and marigold. The scent of milk and pups on the female pointed towards children which meant that she would have to be careful with what she gave her pack mate. The medic soon decided that tormentil would be aplied after and antiseptic and then aloe.

And then the Anatheman mentioned a familiar name, a name that made the broken bird's shattered heart throb. Skana, her former pack-mate and colleague. The herbal mixtures almost slipped from her grasp as she was shocked. She didn't know that the Creo was from Anathema. And then questions buzzed through her head. Why did Skana leave to Midnight Shores? Where had she gone?

"Skana? Skana Creo?" The monochrome fox said in a shocked voice.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:27 pm

[384] Also sorry for the wait! XD

The white furred wolf-dog perked her ears and observed the petite healer as she went about inspecting Nyx's split knuckles and selecting vials of herbs from a satchel. She hadn't known that Avinalora was a medic, but the warrior noted it gladly, as she was no stranger to the odd scratch or scrape and felt like she might be seeing the small woman rather often. The jackal scooped some ice off of the ground and wasted no time in beginning to treat the fighter. Nyx obeyed her instruction, holding the clump of ice to her head with one bloodied hand while Avinalora prepared herself to begin treatment of the other, but she stopped.

Nyx was a bit confused at the shocked look in the small jackal mix's gaze as she asked for clarification on whether or not Nyx was talking about Skana Creo. Nyx nodded hesitantly as she gazed upon the healers shocked, hurt expression. Where had this girl met Skana? Her ears lowering a bit, the snow furred warrior spoke. "Yes, d-do you know her? Skana... Sh-she was born here, I-I think." Nyx spoke softly, gauging the girls reaction to her words as she spoke, her careful amethyst eyes watching the others expression. "U-Under the leadership of K-Kentaro Lykoi... A-Anathema did something th-that no one here i-is proud of... Skana couldn't stand t-to stay after... I-I don't blame her." The snow furred girl spoke softly, her heart aching and her skin crawling at the memory. She'd simply been following orders... She'd never meant to kill anyone...

Her ears pinned back against the base of her skull, Nyx lowered her gaze as shame swept through her like a knife. "W-We were a-all just following orders... B-But it turned out... Very badly... It's th-the reason most hate Anathemans, e-even if it was so long ago th-that most of us h-had nothing to do with it a-anymore..." Her purple gaze raising to meet Avinalora's mismatched forest hues, she spoke more softly. "I-I wish I could say... Th-that I had nothing to do w-with it either, b-but I did, a-as did Skana... A-and her guilt was too great for her to stay here. With a soft sigh, the female removed the ice from her head and rubbed at her scalp with the pads of her other hand.

Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:05 pm

Nyx's hesitant nod made Avinalora feel as though someone dumped cold water on her. How did the fighter know Skana? It seemed personal seeing that Skana had healed her. The woman's ear lowered as she spoke and the vixen's large ears unwillingly copied the action. The Creo woman was born in Anathema? Then why didn't the former Antares come back? Where had the rest of the Midnighters gone? Athena? Temo? What pack had they gone to?

The jackal medic listened as the white woman spoke about Anathema's actions. What they had done and why the she-wolf had left. Kentaro, a name that was like venom to her despite not having met the man. What had the pack done? What action could be so bad that it caused the woman to leave? The silver maiden had come to Nova Scotia only seven moons ago, anything could have happened before she came, or when she was a loner. There were many places she had not been, packs she had not met. There was no telling what had been done.

And then the small warrior told the fox maiden that they did it because they were following orders. She was trying to justify herself, which the jackal girl saw no need for. It was in the past, and no one was the same person that they were a month ago, a week ago, an hour ago. The winter coywolf wasn't the same person she had been when the Anathemans commited whatever deed they had done.

"You weren't the same person you were back then, don't blame yourself," The hybrid doctor said. But then that begged her to question why she still blamed herself for Midnight Shores' disbandment.

And then something came into the light. Was this the reason the former Midnighter had not seen herself fit for leadership? The deed she had commited had somehow caused her to think that she was not fit for leadership? The former Cygnus wished that she had tried to step up to the mantle of leadership despite the fact that she couldn't.

"Skana was a fellow colleague, a Midnighter. She chose to disband Midnight Shores, saying that she was not fit to be leader." The moon-washed medic explained, needles being stabbed into her heart as she remembered the event. Would she ever recover?

And then the healer went back to her medical duty which involved healing the Malphas. She uncorked the antiseptic herbal solution. "This is going to sting." The monochrome hybrid said before quickly applying the mixture to the wounds and then hopping away. That reflex had come from patients striking out at her during treatment.

Word Count ➤ 440

OOC here.

Jean-Sébastien Guénette | JadedReality & 8Moments | Table by Sammiie

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:39 pm

[420] ooc text here

The snowy warrior feigned a small smile as Avinalora told her not to blame herself. It was a nice thought, it was, but people would always dwell on what they could have done differently. But she was right, it was in the past, and no matter how much time passed, part of Nyx felt like it had frozen in time, lingering on the event which made her blood run cold. She imagined it did the same for the ex Anatheman turned Midnighter. "I-I was a blind follower." The small female spoke in response to the white and grey jackal telling her that she was not the same person as she was back then, and she sighed softly. "If anything, I-I think m-more about th-the consequences o-of my actions before I-I commit to them, i-if one good thing c-could come from it.."

As the small jackal girl continued to speak, Nyx was informed of where Skana had gone after her departure from Anathema, and the circumstances that lead to Avinalora seeking out Anathema as her new home. "S-so that's why you came h-here then..." The winter furred warrior murmured in her stammering voice, looking at Avinalora's sad features in a moment of realization.

Observing the slightly smaller female, Nyx watched her lift the vial of herbal mixture once more and the fighter held her hands out to allow herself treatment. The warning came to Nyx that the application would sting, and she nearly giggled as she perked her ears and said, "Th-that's fine, i-it already stings.", but as the mixture was applied to her knuckles, the ice furred warrior flinched and let out a hissing breath through her teeth, holding her hands stiffly, fingers curled inwards somewhat as she waited for the stinging sensation to die down, but watching the other girl jump back in expectation of being struck was amusing enough to distract her from it. "Well, y-you were right, I-I don't know w-what I expected to happen." The fighter spoke with resignation as she waited for whatever else the moonlit jackal would do to complete her treatment.

If she were being honest, Nyx was surprised that Avinalora hadn't had a more adverse reaction to when Nyx spoke of her and Skana's involvement with the attack on New Dawn, but then it dawned on her. "Do you... know w-what Anathema did t-t-to become so hated?" She asked, apprehension written all over her face as she spoke, her ears falling back once more, though she continued to hold her hands out.

Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:28 pm

Avinalora
  • Word Count: [311]
  • Date: December?
  • Time: Day
  • Form: Optime
Sorry for the lte reply! >.<

Avinalora listened as Nyx babbled about her guilt. It was normal, at least to now. She was plagued with guilt and grief after the disbandment and she had a feeling that the Malphas felt similarly, though she wasn't sure what Anathema had done. The disbandment was like a restless ghost and she felt like holding onto her talisman but she resisted the urge, to an extent where she began rubbing the moon pendant as her pack mate talked.

So the island pack's disbandment wasn't very well-known. All the fox maiden could do was nod in response. The realization wasn't new to her anymore, it had happened a few times to her and she didn't care much. Did she care at all anymore? Every day was a battle in her heart and she was becoming even more skinnier now. It was like she was sinking into a pit of despair, and she tried to drag herself out to no avail.

The jackal wraith made no notice of the winter warrior's comments as she began rummaging through her satchel for the reast of the treatment. She could tell that the woman had pups so she had to be careful in what she perscribed. Aloe Vera was the safest option alongside Tormentil. The doctor took no time to mix the two poultices together and spread them onto the wound. And then she walked over to the shed that her pack mate was looking for and took out some bandages. She walked back and began dressing the violet-eyed canid's wound quickly. And then she was done.

And then the woman asked her if the monochrome fox wanted to know why her pack was so hated. "Sure, it would be good to know." The moon-washed medic said. She had to learn her pack's history one way or another. Especially when dealing with those from other packs.

Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me!

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Unsplash.com

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:43 am

[1094] Sorry for the... book >_>

It seemed as though much of the process was happening silently, the silver healer was calculating things beyond the winter furred hunter's comprehension silently, deciding what herbs were best suited to the situation at hand, and all the petite warrior could do was watch and wait. Nyx waited largely in silence now as the small silver vixen treated her hands with almost cryptic precision, and amethyst eyes followed the moonlit healer into the storage shed before watching the petite girl exit the structure with a roll of bandages. Avinalora quickly wrapped and dressed Nyx's hands, the wounded patient taking a moment to look over Avinalora's handy work and to give her fingers an experimental bending before the snow white female dropped her hands to her sides and relaxed them.

When the silver vixen gave her answer, stating that it would be good to know, Nyx hesitated for a moment. A somewhat pained expression crossed the warrior's face at the prospect of admitting her guilt to someone who didn't know. Would she be judges harshly? Would Avinalora decide to leave and seek refuge some place else? While it wasn't a prospect that Nyx was exactly looking forward to, Nyx realized the severity of the situation. This was Avinalora's home now just as much as it was Nyx's, and if people would hate her for it, the vixen maiden should at least have the right to know why. With a worried expression, Nyx wondered idly how long it would be before the snowy huntress would be expected to have the same conversation with her own children. The very children who would be hated and scorned just as she was, simply for being born into the wrong family.

"I-I'll tell you the e-entire story as I know it..." The petite framed fighter started out, looking up from the ground into the vixens eyes for the briefest of moments before lowering her gaze once more. "It w-was a l-long time ago... An o-old pack member... By the name of P-Pride Tormenta, sh-she was on s-some sort of dip-plomacy trip to a-a feral pack known a-a-as New Dawn." Simply saying the name of the pack brought bile rising in her throat as her stomach turned over at the memories. "W-well she didn't c-come back for a-a-a while, a-and her bird c-came back to us with a-a-a note, w-written in blood, telling u-us that Pride was being h-held captive there."

The snow hued warrior seemed to be having trouble drumming up the words to say. It was as though she were fighting through some sort of intense pain as she spoke with heavy breath. "Th-the former Angelo, K-kentaro, brought a few o-of the h-higher ranking members t-together to o-organize a raid t-t-to rescue her, one of these people was a-a warrior by the n-name o-o-of Kohaku Amarok, a-and o-one of them was me..." With a downward twitch of her ears, Nyx looked as though she were growing increasingly uncomfortable, there was a sort of panic setting in that was obvious in the way her amethyst eyes gleamed and shone wide and round as the full moon, but her behavior remained still and controlled despite the fact that she was fighting down the negative emotions associated with the memory.

Nyx glanced up at Avinalora for a fraction of a second, wondering what she was thinking of the tale so far, what conclusions she was drawing in her own head, as Nyx assumed that she must be thinking about something as she listened. "W-we organized the r-raid and we went d-down there. S-Skana was o-one of those members that had volunteered t-t-to help w-with the rescue. W-when we got down there... I-I came to find th-that Pride was fine. She'd m-manipulated us into a-attacking, a-and Kohaku used the opportunity t-to take out h-his mother... Sh-she was the leader o-of New Dawn." Thinking back, Nyx knew that she had never seen Kohaku take on his mother. She didn't know for sure what had happened as Nyx was busy with her own battles, but she knew what she'd heard.

"S-so without their leader, N-New Dawn disbanded... M-most of them fled, and a few of them... w-w-were killed. I... k-killed someone... I-it was a-an accident..." Nyx tried to tell the last part to herself, recalling the slip of her dagger in the confusion as one New Dawners attacked her from the side... Recalling watching as the light drained from her eyes... She hadn't meant to kill anyone, and it was a burden she'd borne ever since, along with the knowledge that she had helped cause the disbandment of a pack. She was sure that Skana had carried the very same guilt with her to wherever she'd gone... Glancing up at the sky, Nyx saw that the sun was hanging lower than before. It was growing late and the light was fading, casing a golden glow against the snow, bordered by the great shadow of the Halcyon mountains.

"P-Pride Tormenta fled A-Anathema long ago... A-And Kohaku... H-he offered his own life a-as retribution, s-so that we could h-have relative p-peace between us a-and Casa di Cavalieri." Nyx recalled the sacrifice as she cast her eyes down at the snow once more. She had never liked Kohaku. He was mean to her, nasty even, and he'd attacked and scarred her adoptive mother once, but Amorette had loved him and Nyx knew that there must have been something good within. The man behind the monster, she supposed. Dropping her ears and tail, Nyx looked at Avinalora now, ready to hear whatever judgement she had to pass onto the light girl and her dark home.

"A-Anathema was responsible f-for the disbandment o-of New Dawn. B-beside's the fact th-that we offer r-refuge to kinds of p-people that a-aren't welcomed in other places... Th-that's why Anatheman's are h-hated... A-and each new g-generation h-has to carry the burden o-of a mistake made s-so many moons ago..." She looked almost defeated as she stood there, fingers of one hand tracing idly over the bandages of the other. The panicked look had left her eyes, but it had been replaced with a profound sadness. If Avinalora didn't storm off in rage or react in any other number of negative ways, Nyx would go on to ask her how her own pack had gone about disbanding, though she was well aware that it could be a sensitive and touchy subject. Nyx herself had come from somewhere else, only finding Anathema after her original home had been lost to her. Nyx knew how much it hurt.

Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:51 am

Nyx's recollection of the attack on New Dawn didn't change Avinalora's view on Anathema. It sounded Anathema simply had had a bad case of horrible leadership. Kentaro, Pride, and Kohaku didn't seem like good people to the vixen. Who would put a vendetta before the safety of their pack? She just hoped that Anathema would withstand time better than Midnight Shores had.

But the white warrior seemed pretty broken up about the whole event despite the long time span. The fox maiden didn't see any reason for the guilt. But the ex-Midnighter was still broken up about the disbandment of her pack despite having no reason to. So what could she say? She wasn't a certified counselor, nor did she have any training. But the silver lady did have her instincts.

"It was Kentaro's, Kohaku's, and Pride's fault that New Dawn disbanded, not yours." The moon-washed maiden stated calmly. It was true. Anathema didn't have to attack the pack, but their leadership chose to. And the subordinate Anathemans had no choice but to follow orders. "Did Pride have to fake being captured? Did Kohaku have to use his own pack to settle a personal vendetta? No." The moonlit jackal added. "It was because of their foolish decisions. You were being a loyal pack-mate and no one should condemn a pack for just following orders and being tricked." The monochrome fox finished.

We could end it in one more round if you want? And sorry for the wait! >.<
Word Count: 231

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

Dead Topics