And end to and era

Conquest

POSTED: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Sickness ragged through Anathema. Evangeline and the boys had managed to escaped it. Bristol and Ash were helping to cull herds and deal with the live stock. Eva was helping to care for the sick and she had just stopped off at the clinic.

Eva huffed as she made her way to the villa. Both Charm and Aeron had come down with what ever this was. Though so far no one in Anathema had died it all seemed minor.

She made her way into the manor, her ears flicked as she listened. Nothing she heard nothing, had they gone out? She sniffed the air hard but the smell in the building wasn't pretty. Sickness, dampness, and... she shook her head. It was her imagination. Eva made her way down the hallway as she called out. "Grandmothers" she called as she pushed on the door.

The smell hit her hard a scent she didn't enjoy at all. Dark ears tried to pick up sound, but there was none. She took a deep breath as she walked into the room. The old villa was falling apart and had Eva known the cause of the disease she would have known this building infected them.

She took several steps backwards as she shook her head. Her grandmothers were snuggled on their bed of furs. There they had passed neither alone. While Eva took this as a good sign from the goddess she felt her heart sink. Charm was the only other blood she had left. Now Marc and her were all alone. Standing there in the hallway Eva couldn't move.
Will you walk into my parlor? Tis the prettiest little parlor that you ever did spy.
Anathema
Angela
Marie
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:13 pm

The will to conquer
Is the first condition of victory

OOC: +300 words.

The rain and the disease were proving to be quite the annoyance. Conquest could feel the effects it was having on her body, much to her displeasement. There had already been others to witness her persistence through the pain and discomfort she held. As much as she wanted to press on, she could not anymore. Her body would need some time to heal, and there was just no way around it. Conquest had prided herself on following the name that had been given to her, and she was not to show any kind of weakness to others, she unfortunately had to give in.. but only for this one time.

However, this sickness was not going to keep her down for long. The dark woman pushed herself up onto her feet, letting out a burst of coughs before she pressed out of her cave. There had to be something other than being locked away from others that she could do. Her sickness was not as bad as some of the others in the pack, and certainly not as bad as some of the animals, so there should be no reason for her to quarantined.

Conquest paused when she saw her sister and former leader leaving the clinic, wondering where it was that she was going. Having nothing better to do, she followed along with her to Aeron's home, and of course Charm's.. though she had not been as close to the woman as her golden grandmother. She paused as well as Evangeline, wondering if there was a reason she had stopped. In silence, the black and white sibling made her way inside, the other following behind her. Once her sister actually froze in place in the hallway, she knew there was something wrong. Stepping past the other woman, the dark one knelt down next to her grandmother, hear ears catching nothing from either one of them. Her body began to shake at the realization of what she was seeing, "Grandmother.."

Anathema
Dasa (NPC)
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:17 am

Evangeline stood there like a stone her mind numb. She hadn't realized Conquest was tailing her. Nor did she notice her move past for a moment. Her mind was in shock though she had known deep down from the moment she stepped inside the villa. Her brain didn't want to process, no she didn't want to. She didn't want to see this... this couldn't be real.

Conquests voice caught her attention as Eva looked at her. "Quest... she.. she.. she's gone" Eva spoke as she willed herself to move forward. The golden matriarch had been a symbol of power strength and protection. Now they had none of that.

She knelt beside Conquest and looked at her. She wanted to speak to say something but she couldn't. She just knelt there staring. Her mind lost for another moment. "Helios... we have to take them to Helios." She spoke as she reached out touching Aerons cold body. Why? Why now?
Will you walk into my parlor? Tis the prettiest little parlor that you ever did spy.
Anathema
Angela
Marie
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:42 pm

The will to conquer
Is the first condition of victory

OOC: +300 words.

Conquest knew that by the very definition of her name, she was not someone who could show any signs of weakness. It would only show to her enemies that she would not have the strength she normally would have to fight back, show them that she was weak. No one would see that in her, and she would face anything head out with dominance in her stance... but this was different. While the two did not spend as much time together as she had wanted, Aeron was an inspiration to her, someone that she looked up to from her youth. She wanted to be as powerful as her grandmother, to show the rest of this pack that she could be worthy of great things, even if she took them with force. But now...

The dark woman's thoughts were broken by her sister's words. Evangeline had appeared at her side, confirming what both of them feared.. that the golden woman was completely gone. She didn't want to believe it, and was sure her black and white sister felt the same way. She didn't know how much of a connection she had to their grandmother, but this was the child that Aeron hand picked to lead once she had stepped down, so it must have been out of a great deal of respect.

As her sister reached out to touch the golden woman's body, Conquest let her own join her before she spoke, her voice rather hushed compared to it's normal tone, "Will you please let me carry here there Evangeline? She meant so much to me.." Sure she probably did to her sister too, but part of her was not ready to let her grandmother go. She didn't want to give up on Aeron, even though it was clear that it was already too late. This was the last chance she was ever going to get to do anything with the woman she idolized so much.

Anathema
Dasa (NPC)
Salena
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:03 pm

Evangeline nodded as she stood. A fist clenched for a moment as she huffed to herself. She wasn't strong enough to carry her grandmother out of here she had no choice but to let conquest do it. Though she was still left with a problem of how to move her other grandmother. She looked about before she heard him in the stalls behind the villa. "I'm going to go get Elzar. I can't carry Charm." She spoke. The wolf much larger than even aeron.

The dark girl vanished for a bit, Evangeline looked at the large horse as she spoke to him. "Easy boy I need your help." She spoke as she grabbed his halter. "I'm not very good with horses so please work with me." She added as she struggled to get the gear on him. The stallion fidgeted as the small woman started to lead him. She patted him as she lead him to the door, "stay here" she spoke.

She made her way back inside as she looked to conquest. "Can you help me lay Charm over Elzar. I'm to short." She spoke.
Anathema
Angela
Marie
Luperci

Dead Topics