M - Come in, come in, it's warm, safe, and almost hearkenin'

Charzual litter | Nukiira and Silverfrost

POSTED: Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:57 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

OOC:

Welcome all to the psychopathic preggo lady show lol

[300+]

IC:

A steady barrage of water drummed the roof above her head. The liquid didn't stop there either; it dropped again still, down through the cracks in the derelict shingles, slipping and moving until it fell through the moist drywall in drops. Rusty pots and pans from the kitchen were positioned beneath such cracks, and when the water finally did arrive, it had been noisy—although this annoyance had been long since rectified—pieces of folded cloth now sat in the basin of each piece of repurposed cookware, mitigating any clatter that had previously driven the woman insane.

Thunder shook the airwaves, and she found herself awake, sitting up in a flurry. Her breathing was fast, ready for an attack, knife clutched in hand. Her head went on an alert swivel, then beside her spotting a torn piece of fabric hanging off the arm of the couch. She had cut clean through a great big pink flower. Charlie slid the weapon back beneath her pillow, shortly after grimacing and holding a hand to her side. “Just stop,” she breathed, “for fuck’s sake, stop.”

But it didn't stop. The soreness had begun earlier that day, but it had intensified. She felt hot despite the rain that plummeted from the sky and trees. The precipitation rattling out a steady chorus of white noise, almost as if it was there for her to lose herself in the growing pains along her abdomen. Another contraction. She bit hard against her own teeth, and during the calm she chuckled vengefully. “Izual, ohhhhh Izual, you're so fucking dead.” Of course she would never kill the man she obsessed over, but imagining herself murdering such an accomplished killer brought her overwhelming calm—calm she needed in such a tangle of emotion and pain. However this, she knew, was nothing. The real pain began when she'd be responsible for children—her children.
SAVE ME FROM THE DARK
Anathema
Tuyul Clepta
Daniel
Luperci
THE ONE YOU FEED

POSTED: Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:19 pm

The witch had taken to checking up on her new friend Charlie. Whether or not they would have been friends otherwise, they had one big thing in common; the children growing in each of their bellies. No, they did not share fathers or anything like that. But Maelyx found herself bonding with the slightly off (to understate it) woman, feeling for her plight of loneliness and pregnancy. It also seemed that, these days, she was rather attracted to those who were a bit odd. After all, nobody ever accused Lux, the father of her own pups, of being spot-on normal.

Charletter was farther along than Maelyx, about a month ahead of her or so, and so it was no surprise when Maelyx called on the dark woman today she found her cringing against the pain and damning the man whose children she was about to give birth to.

The African’s knuckles rapped on the door of the woman’s house, as they always did, even though she rarely got an answer from Charlie before simply letting herself in. She usually was immune to the woman’s biting way of speaking, of going in and out from friendship to theatening Mae’s life and back. It was endearing, actually. And so far, Maelyx’s method of, ‘pretend not to notice the crazy and it won’t hurt you’ had been working with both Charl and Lux. She imagined it might feel like a balm to the insane to be treated just like everybody else. Plus, she was never afraid of them, her belief in the Goddess so strong it might be a fault.

Charlie? she muttered as she shoved the door open when she sounds of the woman’s damning voice breached the wooden barrier. As usual, Maelyx had a rucksack slung over her shoulder full of herbs and other magical and medical supplies. She brought these every time she visited the woman, to tend to her various need.s… and also, in wait for this very moment.

The sack dropped to the ground and she glided across the floor, smooth as though she slid across ice. The very air of the house was different, and it wasn’t just physical - it wasn’t just the rain, or the scent. There was new magic here. You’re feeling your labor pains, she said, confidently. It was not a question, it was well known her time was soon. I will call Avi, she told the woman, and then did so, letting her own high-pitched jackal howl sing outside of the building before stepping back inside and shutting the door again. If she is near, she will come soon, if she can. Tell me what you feel, so we can help you.

WC: 400+

Anathema
Ninurta
Nukiira
Luperci Anathema's Top Poster for June! I command you, I control you
filia lunae lumen

POSTED: Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:50 pm

I'm a slow dying flower, the frost-killing hour

Avinalora was late in preparing the clinic, having overslept. The fucking thunder had awoken her. She was wearing her black leather jacket over her black dress and wore her black knee-high socks and had her typical necklaces on. There was also a leather cloak that she had used to keep dry. She looked up as she heard her mate's call, announcing the birth of puppies. She almost thought it was Maelx's puppies but then remembered that Charlie was also pregnant and much further along. She began grabbing supplies for the birthing process: herbs and a bone for the woman to bite down on. She tilted her head for a second and then grabbed a second bone. And then the vixen left the clinic, walking as quickly as she could to her patient's house. Her cloak billowing behind her in the rain. The leather kept her dry.

The ghostly jackal just strolled in, not even knocking. She dumped her cloak on the ground and closed the door. She surveyed the situation and then grabbed the bone out of her bag. It was to keep the mother from injuring herself and gave her something to help her push. She'd assisted in births before and had a pretty good idea how it worked. As per usual, she didn't use the woman's actual name. "Bite down on this when the contractions hit, Moriarty." The winter wraith instructed handing the bone to the dark-hued female.

"I can take care of this, Mae. You should be resting." The monochrome fox said to the exotic enchantress.

Free to pp Avi being shoved out of the way by MaeOptime | Day | July | Thackary200+
Avinalora
Avinalora

Anathema
Bathin Herbarius
Silverfrost
Luperci Venator, Praeceptor, Comunis The pages of my story are torn and frayed
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design

POSTED: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:33 pm

OOC:

Finally lol

[300+]

IC:

“No shit,” Charlie snapped, a small snarl rising from her throat. She disliked it when people stated the obvious, then again, she disliked most who even spoke to her.

The witch informed Charlie that she would call the Bathin. Most would rejoice that a healer would be at their side during labour, but not she. “Wait Mae—” the wolf began, but it was too late. Charletter was seething. “I don't need your damn girlfriend here Maelyx, you know how I am with new people.” She told her with a scolding look in her eye. “I tolerate you,” she added with a laugh that was intended to sound fake.

The jackal came in minutes later, the rainwater streaking her cloak before it was dropped on the floor. “Please lea—” she began again, but her eyes shut tight and she grunted instead. “I really don't need anyone here right now.” She chuckled out through her misfortune, just after recovering. Charlie wished to suffer through her labour alone, just as she had suffered through everything else in her life. She had lost her sanity along the way, but she imagined that was just part of the process.

The soon-to-be-mother's eyes were of a cool colour, likes stones or mist, but they could burn—and were burning—just as frost could bite away whole fingers. They prowled like wildfire from her stomach, to several flowers on the couch, to Avi, and remained. “‘Bite this’,” she spat back in mockery, “I'll bite your—” thunder boomed, and a sharp pain forked through her “—Ahh fuck! Give me the damn bone, already!” The mad woman screamed, practically ripping it from the white jackal’s grasp. After this, she laid down on the couch once more. Her body was calm, and the rhythmic tap tap tap of water meeting metal filled the quiet. Charlie rolled over so she was facing the back of the couch. Her ears rose and fell, and for a moment her vision went all gray and fuzzy adjusting to the dark corner she had subjected her eyes to. She rolled back toward the pair of jackals. Another contraction. Time was picketed with pain, and getting scarcer by the minute. “You know what...I hate this already.” Charlie told them flatly as she placed the bone along her back teeth.
SAVE ME FROM THE DARK
Anathema
Tuyul Clepta
Daniel
Luperci
THE ONE YOU FEED

POSTED: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:39 am

It wasn’t very surprising to the witch that the Tuyul tried to put up a fuss about her calling Avi, which is why she did it anyway. Maelyx simply ignored Charlie’s protests, the woman didn’t know what was good for her. When she said she only tolerated Mae, the witch laughed, a true laughter alongside Charlie’s fake tittering. Shut up, she told her, her tone playfully-serious. You should have thought about that before you joined a pack. And then again before you went and got all pregnant and fat. The pups will be ‘people’ one day, too. She told her, and continued to speak her words in the special tone of voice she had crafted solely for Charlie… a type of friendly playfulness laced with bitter-sounding terms and jokes, the type of friendship that was fed by small underhanded jabs that were only half joking. It would be a strange relationship to see from the outside, but within, for some inexplicable reason, she liked Charletter – crass, nasty, cranky woman that she was.

Maelyx was starting to get a knack for the insane friend thing, between the Leishman woman and Lux.

Avi was surprisingly swift getting there. Maelyx didn’t hear her approach as the rain and rumbling sky covered most sounds from outside, as did her back-and-forth with Charletter. But Maelyx’s eyes swept toward the door when Avi coasted across the threshold.

Her love was all business, gliding in to the room and getting her supplies set out immediately. Maelyx moved so Avinalora could take front-seat to the birth, but she was going to assist no matter what Avi said. When she had the moment as she moved past Avi, she quickly gave her a peck on the cheek, but was certain not to interrupt her wokings.

When the attention turned to her, she gave her mate a sardonic grin and shook her head. For gods’ sakes, Avi. I am pregnant not disabled. She chuckled, though she didn’t mind her mate fawning over her.

A moment later, Charletter roughly snatched the bone out of Avi’s hand and Maelyx frowned, eyes narrowing. Plus, I’m not about to leave you alone with this, she thought. There was no telling how the insane woman would react to the pain of childbirth, and if she began to lash out Avi would need more there than just her own small form, even if all Maelyx could do was pull Avi out the door and leave Charlie on her own… if it came down to it, that’s what she was there to do.

You are supposed to hate it, she told Charlie. You ń klap van die windmeul weg hê, you get what you deserve. Afrikaans was so convenient sometimes. She loved to tease Charlie, but mostly now was doing it to distract her. Keep her mind on hating Maelyx and they might just all survive this birth just fine.

I am not leaving so do not try to argue, she said, eyes flicking coolly to Avi. Unlike with Charlie, she was not trying to pick a fight, but was simply being firm in her wishes. But I can step aside and assist. Just tell me what you need. She said as she moved toward the supplies, looking over what Avi had brought in addition to Maelyx’s provisions.

OOC Hover over Afrikaans text for translation/meaning. //\\ WC: 500+

Anathema
Ninurta
Nukiira
Luperci Anathema's Top Poster for June! I command you, I control you
filia lunae lumen

POSTED: Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:19 am

Avinalora
"The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell"
Optime | Night | Summer | Charlie's house

OOC here
Word Count:
300+

Charletter didn't know, but she just slammed down one of the jackal's berserk buttons. Refusing treatment which was stupid. Her ears flicked irritatedly and her tail lashed. But, her voice kept the icy cold tone that suggested that she wasn't playing. Her green eyes blazed with fire as she gave one of her patented bitch face. She glared at the woman as she tried to tell her to leave. The vixen shook her head and spoke, "If Mae and I decided to walk out, you'd be fucking dead in an hour." She said briskly as she walked into the house.

As the winter wraith stepped in, her mate moved past her and pecked her on the cheek. The starts of a smile came upon her face, but once she looked at the black hybrid, her expression went back to her typical bitch face. When the fox healer asked the witch to leave, she got a sardonic no and a chuckle from her mate. Honestly, did the healer expect to be able to get her mate out of this. She nodded, respecting her mate. The jackal mutt shook her head with a chuckle and returned to business, handing the crazy lady a bone to bite down on.

The ghostly jackal looked back at the ebony woman as the woman responded. Her tail lashed again as the woman mocked her. She considered shoving the bone into the woman's mouth when she opened it. But, one contraction later, the woman snatched the bone out of her hand. "Well then, always listen to the doctor or shit hits the fan." She said sardonically as she walked past the woman. She needed to get the lady in the right position or birth wasn't going to happen. The fox-tailed female had a light bulb go off in her head when her mate offered to help.

"Mae, could you get Moriarty into birthing position?" The moon-washed medic asked. She hoped that the exotic enchantress knew what she meant. She began getting supplies out of her satchel; herbs that she would need for birthing. The monochrome fox brought the herbs to the woman. "Eat them" She ordered, "Or this birth will be your death."

Image | Background | Table by Andi

Avinalora

Anathema
Bathin Herbarius
Silverfrost
Luperci Venator, Praeceptor, Comunis The pages of my story are torn and frayed
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design

POSTED: Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:21 pm

OOC:

After this round I'll skip to the nitty gritty?

[500+]

IC:

The taste of the bone’s previous owner walked along her tongue, though Charlie kept it firmly along her back teeth, and bit down as contractions hit. She huffed, eyes distant as they hurried to glance at another drop of water that smacked the bottom of a half-rusted skillet. “If karma existed, and was as equal as they say, I would be dead ten times over.” She wiped at the corners of her mouth, and let her breathing creep in and out. “I deserve whatever I choose to take from my life, not the other way around.” She claimed with the most vicious of tones, which, without a doubt, reeked of her megalomania.

Her head suddenly cocked, and her eyes screwed in on the healer. “Who the actual fuck, is Moriarty.” Charlie growled out through gritted, pearly teeth. “You may call me Charletter, nothing more, nothing less, do you understand, or is that too much to ask in one sentence?” She asked pertly, before placing a hand on her stomach. The black wolf squirmed a bit. The couch had seemed to rocket up in temperature, as if a fourth unseen individual had lit the furniture aflame from beneath. Maelyx helped her soon after into the aforementioned birthing position. The Leishman took the herbs and chewed them warily, but still managed to snort out a short laugh. “I've seen a lot of death girl, and dying while giving birth is the least of my fears.” She shot a glance at Maelyx, who probably fully understood what she was by now. A bringer of death. The witch knew Charlie was just as familiar with death as she was with life—more so even. She could invite death like an old friend, but life teased at her temples; it could never burrow its way beneath her skin.

Several times she met her contractions with silence, save for the look of agony written in the seams upon her face, using the bone as a means of absorbing all the screams she would have likely emitted. Charlie had weathered pain after torturous pain, the looming horror of repeated starvation, and the violent actions pitted against her like rain: she had been choked, punched, kicked, maimed, beaten and cut. But something was amiss. Her pain was a part of her instead of separate altogether—like some distant memory from her childhood had been brought back. Like she could almost feel once more. A black finger tapped her stomach now. A small, veritable portion of her mind was worried about the lives that hung in her abdomen, and the pain echoed her fears, her tolerance failing her when she needed it most. Charlie was biting her lip.

She yowled and snarled. Bit against the marrow that was now exposed in her mouth, pushed against everything that wanted its way in. Her right hand clawed out, tore at the couch—severing two daisies and a lily that were forever trapped as pictures printed on fabric from a forgotten time. “Soon,” she said between ragged breaths. It seemed as though she were done, until she carried on from where she left off: “I'll have a victory smoke.” She grinned. Then she simply let herself stare at the mantle, where her beloved trophies were kept, as time and contractions began to melt into one desensitizing clump.
SAVE ME FROM THE DARK
Anathema
Tuyul Clepta
Daniel
Luperci
THE ONE YOU FEED

Anathema