Alone With The Breeze

Joining!

POSTED: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:23 pm

Your Character's Desired Tier (if known): Unknown, will explore IC
Your Character's cNPCs or yNPCs (if applicable): N/A
Your Character's Animal NPCs: N/A

As she picked her way along the rocky shore, Collie found herself shivering uncontrollably. The wet wind that whipped off of the ocean was nothing short of icy, and the ocean spray had drops of water running down her face, dropping off of her long white whiskers. As her fur dampened and matted in the frigid humidity it was becoming more and more apparent that autumn was segueing quickly into winter. The journey had been long and the pain of walking for countless days on injured legs had taken its toll on Collie's petite body. Large punctures and lacerations marred her right shoulder and extended down her flank, and her right hind paw was limping, hot with infection. The Luperci attack from several weeks ago had healed, but in the exhausting journey southward the wounds had reopened, and been dirtied.

Snuffling along the wet ground, Collie followed her nose to a small tidal pool. The water was bitterly cold, and only a small clam lay nestled amongst the rocks. Whining at the cold, she used her paw to drag the clam out of the puddle and onto the rock. She scratched at it and leaned down, biting at its shell with her teeth. The shell cracked open with little effort, and Collie clawed the sharp pieces away. She licked at the small, cold meat inside. Her stomach twisted, hungry for a better meal. She continued on, heading north. Her journey had taken her from the forests of northern Canada down through the center of the peninsula, and now she moved back north along the coast. So far, she had avoided getting too near to any established territories, fearful of what she would find. However, as she limped along the shore, she caught the musty scent of the Anathema pack. Her ears dropped down against her head and she tucked her tail between her legs. She shivered, with cold and with nervousness.

"I have to do it..." She whimpered to herself. "I need to find help." As she crept closer to the edge of the border she stopped, knowing better than to trespass uninvited. With little energy left, having lost track of the days and nights she had spent walking, Collie sank down onto her belly and curled her tail around herself. Lifting her head, she gave a quiet howl, hoping it would be answered quickly. She curled up tighter against the cold and pricked her ears up, listening and watching intently, waiting for a sight of her own kind.
Anathema
Zepar
Elizabeth

POSTED: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:39 pm

Evangeline, Innya and Briston were combing the coastline for washed up plants and fish for something Innya wanted to make. Though the Angela normally stayed far from the water hating the salt that dried on her fur. She poked at a fish that was stuck in an ever shrinking pool of water. “How’d I get roped into this gross stuff.” She comment

The wind had started to pick up as the day progressed. As the trio started to pack up their random goo. A rather weak howl sounded, Eva looked at them. “I’m gonna go.” She spoke as she took off.

Innya and Briston huffed as the pair followed. Eva wasn’t sure why someone was on their shore border most never went near this portion. Eva looked at the collie as she approached. The smell of wounds hit her as she looked at the small creature. “Welcome to Anathema, my name is Evangeline I’m the Angela.” She spoke as Innya and Briston came behind her. “Do you need help?” She asked as Innya dropped her bag. The borzoi woman went to the collies side. “Does it hurt anywhere?” She asked. “I’m a medic.”
Will you walk into my parlor? Tis the prettiest little parlor that you ever did spy.
Anathema
Angela
Marie
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:02 pm

Not long after she cried out for aid, Collie saw the trio approach her from further along the shore. She was surprised that there was anybody out here willingly, and at how quickly they responded. She felt nervous, keeping her gaze down, careful to appear completely submissive. As she was confronted, Collie was stunned by how nice they were, as she had been anticipating hostility and questioning, and yet she detected only warmth and kindness in Evangeline's voice.

"It's nice to meet you, I am called Collie. What is an Angela...?" She asked softly, nervously. She did not want to be disrespectful, but the words meant nothing to her. She had little knowledge of the Luperci, and knew basically nothing of the Anathema pack. As the borzoi woman approached her, Collie shakily lifted herself up onto her feet. Her bones ached, and her ears and toes stung from the cold. As she stood, she carefully lifted her back paw off of the ground, trying to keep it elevated away from the harsh rocky terrain. "I'm very sore...I've been walking for a long time, and I was attacked. I don't know what to do or where to go. I don't even know where I am." She whimpered, careful to keep her head low in submission. She was afraid of being turned away, for she knew that without shelter and medicine should would not be able to make it much farther walking on like this. "I do need help. I'm a Luperci, that is what attacked me. My family turned me away, I've been walking for over a week looking for others like me." She shivered against the wind and bent her head lower to the ground. "Please...I know you don't know me...I need shelter. I need to find a pack." Collie lifted her wistful brown eyes to Evangeline, and then at Innya and Briston, waiting for a response.
Anathema
Zepar
Elizabeth

POSTED: Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:23 am

Evangeline was more concerned with the well-being of the dog before her than anything. Innya swooped in rather quickly doing what she could to look over the girl. “We shouldn’t do this here.” Innya said looking at eva. She nodded as she looked at the small thing. “Briston” She spoke the male nodded.

He approached bending down. “Look we are gonna move inside the pack lands. Evangeline’s home is close to here. I’m gonna carry you the hills are dangerous we don’t want you to get hurt.” He spoke as he moved to pick her up.

Innya looked at her. “We will get you all patched up and full of food.” Eva smiled “we will discuss everything inside, your safe with us.” She added as she lead the way.

The trip to Helios was a bit of a pain but they all seemed to make it. Briston helped to get Collie settled as he turned to help Innya gather supplies. Helios was warm with a fire, Maelyxs scent always lingered here now and Eva enjoyed it. It seemed as though it was no longer a hidden relic. Furs lined this portion of floor as Eva spent much time here meditating.

“I know you had a lot of questions, but we felt it better to talk where we could help you.” Eva spoke. “First of all the Angela is the alpha or leader there are two others under me a Malphas and an Atheed.” She states as she took a plate from Briston. “Here” She spoke placing it down.

“You are in Anathema; we are a pack of misfits we don’t belong anywhere else so we built our own odd family. I have many brothers and sisters here. In Anathema you would be safe, everyone is marked.”She spoke raising her paw. “Combing our blood, you become my family.” Both Innya and Briston showed her their hands.“We could be your home.”
Will you walk into my parlor? Tis the prettiest little parlor that you ever did spy.
Anathema
Angela
Marie
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:48 pm

Prior to meeting the Anathema pack members, Collie had encountered only one Luperci in her life, and he had been violent and malicious. She shrank away from Briston at first and started to refuse being picked up by him, but before she could get the words out he had lifted her into his arms. "We will get you all patched up and full of food." Innya's words of reassurance allowed Collie to relax, and she let herself be carried. She knew her body was weak, and she needed all the help she could get.

"Thank you." She whispered. As Briston carried her through the hills Collie felt her eyes drifting close, and she slept in Briston's arms for most of the short walk. It had been a long time since she felt the warmth of another animal against her, and the thought of being cared for by others made her feel hopeful.

When they arrived at Evangeline's home, Collie opened her eyes and got settled. The room was warm and the unfamiliar scents were somehow welcoming. Collie lifted her head, but remained lying down, she had accepted the fact that she was not well enough to stand, despite the fact that she wanted badly to appear strong and capable of taking care of herself. She didn't want these wonderful strangers to think she was weak. But she was, in fact, weak. She watched as Innya and Briston gathered their supplies, curious about what they were doing. As she watched and listened, she ate gratefully from the plate Eva offered her, careful not to be too messy or hurried despite the fact that she hadn't eaten in days.

"The alpha?" She spoke, eyes widening in surprise at hearing this explanation. "You're the alpha and you let me into your home?" She couldn't hide her surprise at how welcoming Eva was being to a complete stranger. She continued to eat as she listened to Eva's explanations. Gazing at the marks across their paws. "You would be my family, and this would be my home..." She spoke thoughtfully, gazing around the room. Anathema seemed like everything she had been looking for. "I think I would like that." She said softly, still amazed at how quickly she had been accepted and taken in. "My own family does not want me anymore. They're afraid of the Luperci, they know nothing about them. About...us?" She corrected herself. "That's why I left. My home was not my home after I changed. I miss having family. I miss having home. I would like very much to be a part of your pack..."
Anathema
Zepar
Elizabeth

POSTED: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:01 pm

Welcome to Anathema!

You have just joined a safe haven for delinquents, criminals, addicts and overall outcasts! While we treat all our members like family after the initiation ritual, it doesn’t change our natures or corrupt habits. Anathema can offer many trades, jobs, and skills to learn and help you find your way, if it isn’t already found.

Welcome to our family!

Here are a few things to get you started:

• Check out the Ranks and Specializations your character can pursue!
    • After making 20 in character posts, you can decide which Rank Tier is right for your character.
  • You can also start collecting game points! Follow the link to see how you can start earning points for prizes, such as avatars, graphical tables, icons and titles!
  • Want to claim a room or house? Look at our available residence Wiki pages, and then post to the Maintenance thread!
  • And don't forget to take a look at Anathema's Policies, as well as our Culture, Beliefs, and Crime pages so you know exactly what we're about!
  • And most importantly: start posting and have fun!

Have any questions? Ask us!

Anathema
OOC Account
Marie, Corie, Mike

POSTED: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:49 am

The warmth of the temple had started to work to warm those within. Evangeline could finally feel the tip of her tail again. Though her tail lay draped to her side flicking ever so slightly from time to time. The silver laced woman eased the plate to the floor as she watched the woman. The other she assumed must have been almost at the point of starvation. The way she was, she probably couldn’t hunt well for herself.

Swirled eyes looked to her as she smiled her toothy grin. “Of course I let you into my home. My home is your home, that’s how family works.”She explained as she reached for the knife on her hip. The blade had been given to her by Aeron, the only thing she had left of her. Eva had no idea how many lives this blade had changed, but in her time as leader it had been a few.

Evangeline had always been a Luperci, and in honesty, she had only met one wolf who wasn’t. She had no idea that others had disdain for Luperci. Her smile changed as she looked at Collie. “Then we shall be your home, your family.” She spoke, her hand gently reaching out. “This is the Rite of Agares, I will cut both our paws bonding you to us.” She explained. Taking her knife she cut herself than Collie. “We will protect you.” She spoke combining their cuts. Red and purple eyes stared at the other for a brief moment. “Welcome home.” A smile returning to Evangeline’s features.
Anathema
Angela
Marie
Luperci

Anathema