[M] in with the freaks

[M] Lux & Avinalora

POSTED: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:40 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

in person

Mature for language and physical injury/goriness.
reserved for: Lux & Avinalora
setting: southeastern area of Halcyon Mountain, a few miles from Anathema's borders
time of day: early morning
weather: icy rain incoming

Yay, here we go! Just so you know, I do a little bit of first person writing mixed in with third person, but they are denoted by different fonts. Also, if you don't feel like reading the whole thing just pay attention to the last two paragraphs and you should be good. I meant for this to be a short post, but alas...

in character

The stark yellow of sunrise glistened on the snow covering the quiet stone fortress donned Halcyon Mountain like fresh piss. In all seriousness it was a magnificent range, one which had drawn the curious exploration of a rather peculiar she-wolf. She went by the name of Helki, no surname to define her from the rest like some primitive savage in a land of posh Luperci. Across the equally savage mountains she trekked, the bitter wind pulling her coat in a thousand different directions. The wind pulled in clouds with the promise of something much worse than a disheveled fur coat. As the clouds rolled in the land quickly turned from glorious gold light to somber gray.

I can't explain what possessed me to come all the way up here. Maybe I don't give a woodchuck's ass anymore and that's all there is to it. I'm like one of those Luperci freaks, doing crazy things just because I can. Hey, let's start playing with the single most dangerous element in all the land! Fire! Yeeeaaaah!!! Two seconds later, they've burned down the entire North side of this mountain range and killed off all their prey. Enough griping already, it looks like it's about to snow and I should probably be heading down if that's the case.

With the grace of a blind, three-legged moose she began the descent. Not but a short while into her hurried movements did the ice begin to reign down from the grey heavens. Shit, this is looking worse than I hoped. What a lovely morning. The frozen pellets reigned down, lightly at first and then much more ruthlessly, and conditions corroded quickly until everything was coated in what basically amounted to frozen marbles. As she plucked her way down she gritted through her teeth continuously, "Shit shit shit..." Several times her paws almost gave way, saved only by pure grace, which elicited wide-mouthed yelps of even more "SHIT!" each time. She had morphed into a full-blown walking shit-shouter.

A bit longer in, miserable and frozen even by wolf standards, she was beginning to weaken. She'd already spent the entire night exploring the Halcyon, and was only halfway down the mountain by now. Hungry, tired, all the things that called for rest screamed at her to find shelter, but first she had to find it... She was about to jump down to tackle a particularly jagged section of the mountains face of rock and trees when she finally thought Screw this, I'll just... Before that thought could finish her front paw lost its traction and sent her forward, right over a ledge to the angry rocks below. She plummeted for a good fifteen feet in pure silence, the scream that wanted to extract itself from her vocal chords was stuck as the world around her went by in a blur.

With a grotesque thud she landed on what she assumed would be her deathbed, but she couldn't dwell on it because she was too unconscious to give it any thought. Stupid silence surrounded the even more stupid teenager, save for the plink, plink, plink of the damnable ice all around her. Quite a peaceful sound despite the violent circumstance. The tiny balls pinged off of her still form, and a pool of hot blood formed beneath her right rear leg at an alarming rate, melting the snow with its freshness and quantity. Her injured leg, splayed open for all the world to 'ooh' and 'aww' at, rested against its attacker- a particularly small, but mean and nasty sliver of rock.

She was double screwed, being knocked and bleeding out... given a short time, she would meet her fate in the Halcyons.

Last edited by Helki on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nico
Non-Luperci

POSTED: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:22 pm

(561) Hope you don't mind all the power play xD I figured it was necessary

Dawn had bloomed into a brilliant morning as the male set out to return home, a freshly killed deer topping his shoulder as he walked parallel to the base of the mountain ridge, wiping the blood from his muzzle as he carried his catch back towards the pack that he had come to think of as home. It was bright at first, but before the dark male could reach the border, clouds rolled in. The bright morning gave way to a dull heavy atmosphere as the storm approached and before long he could feel his dense hide being pelted by tiny chunks of ice that fell from the sky.

Lux squinted as he turned his gaze up to the mountain, straining to see whether the sun would break through any time soon, but as he looked, the dark figure saw what looked like a wolf falling headlong from a cliff face and landing sickeningly at the bottom. Eyes widening, the male dropped his kill where he was and he ran for the mountain, his large feet and claws and dense mass earning him stable footholds in the blanket of ice that coated the rocks as he struggled to make his way up to where he saw the fall take place. "Hey! Hello? Are you okay up there?" The dark giant yelled out before he got close, hoping he wouldn't find a dead and broken wolf up here.

When Lux reached the spot where the wolf landed, he saw her there laying in a pool of blood. Eyes widening, the male rushed down to her side, holding a paw in front of her nose to feel for a breath, and when he felt a shallow puff of air hit his paw pad he breathed a sigh of relief. "Hey... Are you awake?" The man asked, but he received no response. Running a hand carefully over the female's ribs, he checked for anything that felt broken or out of place that would make it dangerous to move her. He wasn't a medic, but he knew at least that a broken rib could make the situation a whole lot worse.

Finally deciding that he needed to move her if the small wolf was going to survive, he stooped low on one knee and scooped her up carefully to his chest, making a mental note to come back for his discarded kill once he got the injured girl some help. Trying his best to hold her steady as he descended the mountain, he folded his ears back with worry as he felt the paw closer to her rear become wet with hot blood that seeped from somewhere on her leg. Picking his way carefully out of the rocky terrain, the male found himself on a more clear and level expanse of snow and he began to run, panting as he carried this limp canine with him back to Anathema.

Running past his kill, past the border, past people looking on in concern as he went, the dark builder planted himself before the door of the house that he knew belonged to the small jackal healer. He arranged the girl so that he could cradle her in one arm before he raised the other and knocked loudly on the door. "Avinalora! I need help, please!" He called out, urgency in his tone as he did so.

Template: Aso | Stock: Dawnthieves | Textures: Sirius-sdz
Lux Einar

Loners
DEAD
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:46 pm

Avinalora sat at the kitchen table of the home she shared with her sister and her companions. She was going through her herbs, seeing what she needed to find. And then the coppery smell of blood hit her nose before the pounding on the door reached her ears. The jackal medic put her herbs back into the box she carried them in and then walked as quickly as she could at the door.

"Adrian! Tell the kits to stay in the bedroom and come down to the kitchen!" The Zepar called. She couldn't let her wards see this but she knew that blood could mean a wound that needed to be closed. And she had been teaching her sister how to sew wounds by practicing on animals. And then she yanked open the door and walked quickly past the massive wolf at the door.

"Follow me to the clinic!" The fox maiden said to Lux. She scented the woman, figuring out that she was non-Luperci. She lead the man and her patient to a lean-to that had been constructed for her patients. Was there some sort of hospital in Anathema? They should have one but they didn't. Her nicknamed "clinic" had been some boards the jackal sisters had scavenged from some old houses. It was closed off and had a pelt on the ground for the patient to rest on and it was tall enough for her to stand in. "Put her down, gently." The healer said and then added, "You better not have licked her wounds." She added, glaring at him with one eye as he placed the woman down. And then she saw the gash in her leg. It would require stitches. She called for her sister as she began treating the wound. The woman was out cold and it would make this a lot easier.

With well-practiced movements, the jackal mutt whipped out her herbal antiseptic mixture. She uncorked it and then dumped it on the wound. She let it seem in as she felt along the woman's body for other injuries. Thankfully, there was none. And then she used another herbal mixture of snakeroot and tormentil to cleanse the wound before adding a poultice of marigold, horsetail, goldenrod, and several other herbs to keep infection away and heal the wound.

The Raven-Shadowryn came out of the house. She saw her sister bending over a patient and ran over.

"What do I need to do? The former assassin asked.

"Stitches" The older sister responded and the Raven girl nodded and got out her needle and thread and began stitching.

"Make yourself useful and get bandages!" The monochrome fox said to the bear dog.

Word Count ➤ 446

Sorry for the late reply! >.<

Jean-Sébastien Guénette | JadedReality & 8Moments | Table by Sammiie

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:09 pm

(560) Ooc text here.

Lux arrived at the door of the small jackal girl and knocked, and it wasn't a minute later that the silver vixen herself opened the door and burst out past the dark male, barking out an order for him to follow her to the clinic with the injured wolf whom he carried so delicately from the mountain, still completely limp, not an ounce of movement or hint of resistance coming from her slender form save for the light rise and fall of her narrow chest as she breathed each shallow breath. Dark ears folded back, he nodded, seeming to have had a lump formed in his throat which prevented the dark male from saying a single word to the vixen medic, his tail hanging limply by his calves as he followed Avinalora to the makeshift wooden lean-too that served as the jackal sisters' medical clinic.

As Lux slowly lowered himself onto his knees, groaning at the pain in his joints as he performed the action, laying the seemingly lifeless female down beneath the canopy of wood above their heads, but as he was backing out, his ears twitched at Avinalora's words saying that the male better not have licked the strangers wounds. As he exited the lean-too, Lux gave the tiny vixen a disgusted expression, his nose crinkled and his brow furrowed as if to question why she would even suggest that he would do something like that. "What do you take me for." The male said with a mildly amused note to his voice, though it was otherwise dripping with worry.

As the dark furred Anatheman wolf-dog stepped away and watched Avinalora enter the makeshift structure and go to work. He was sort of oddly fascinated as the small woman began pouring and placing different substances in the wound on the unconscious female's leg. He wasn't sure what exactly those substances were or what they did, but he was pretty transfixed on the whole process, not taking his eyes off the unconscious wolfs leg, though, at the point when Avinalora's sister entered the shoddy structure, toting a needle that she would then proceed to thread in and out of the wolf's skin, he was suddenly very glad that she was not awake, and perhaps even more so relieved that he himself had not yet eaten that day.

It was a welcome break from his transfixed staring at the morbid goings on in front of him as the small healer gave him another order. Get bandages. These were the only words swimming through the male's head as he nodded and ran off, ignoring the pain in his knees and ankles as he barreled off towards storage, knowing there must have been bandages in there, he through the door open and rummaged through the shelves until he found a clean bundle of cloth to be used to bandage up wounds, grabbing the roll and racing back off to Avinalora's makeshift clinic, standing at the entrance once he'd returned and handing the bandages in through the open space. "So... Is she gonna be okay? I was out hunting and saw this chick take a dip off the side of the Halcyon. It looked bad, I just..." The male shut himself up then. Avinalora had work to do with her patient, she didn't need to be hearing him run his mouth right now.

Lux Einar

Loners
DEAD
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:25 pm

Avinalora didn't take the man to be an idiot, but she had heard about people accidentally changing non-Luperci. She was against transforming someone against their will; it was wrong for someone to do that without consent. She was being extra careful with the black and white female, making sure she didn't exchange fluids with her. The wound on the healer's hand was scabbed over so she was fine, she hoped.

"No many people can tell a non-Luperci from a Luperci." The jackal medic said with a flick of her tail. She noticed the groan of pain from the wolfdog as he bent down. She noted to give him some herbs for the pain since she knew that larger Luperci were known to have joint problems. A treatment of comfrey and several other painkillers would hopefully help.

Adrian had managed to finish up the stitches while "Tree-Wolf" was gone. The silver vixen gave her sister a grateful smile. She was lucky that her sister learned how to do stitches because the jackal mutt couldn't do it because of her eyes. She hoped that the Shadowryn hadn't accidentally poked her finger when doing the stitches but her sister had never done that before.

And then the man brought the bandages. The moon-washed maiden grabbed them and began wrapping the cloth around the woman's injured leg. She did it gently and she listened to the bear-wolf as he jabbered. And then he said that the white-headed woman had fallen off of the Halcyon.

"She fell of the Halcyon?" The monochrome fox asked. "How far did she fall?" She asked. This woman could be more injured than she thought. She would b lucky if the vixen only found a few injuries. To fall from such a height would be very surprising.

"I can't do much now. We have to wait until she wakes up." The fox maiden said. She would have to test if the stranger's spine was left unbroken and see if her head was okay.

Word Count ➤ 333

Could this thread count for a Volac rank?

Jean-Sébastien Guénette | JadedReality & 8Moments | Table by Sammiie

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:28 pm

...in person...

Silverfrost, I don't know if you're asking me but I don't mind at all! ^.^ Now prepare for Helki drama... x)

...in character...

While Helki floated in dead silent darkness her fate took a fortunate turn, though to her it wouldn’t be so fortunate. Unbeknownst to the Luperci-hater, her life was in their very hands. The young wolf would rather die than admit she was saved by these folk, but luckily her unconscious state kept her from voicing any opinions… until the infinite blackness began to subside, and sights and sounds slowly returned. Whatever was going on around her was dim as her eyes barely split open, unable to open fully because of a headache that fissured her brain. She heard voices too, they sounded urgent. Where the hell was she? Maybe she had fallen into an alternate dimension that smelled strongly of stinking herbs and god only knew what else… she wanted to stick her tongue out in disgust but that part of her body didn’t seem to be working yet. She groaned instead.

It wasn’t until the pain in her leg seeped into her consciousness that she really became aware. It was like someone taking a knife and pushing it in deeper until it came out the other side, and then repeating the process over and over again in the same spot. Except it wasn’t one spot, it spread over her entire haunch. Involuntarily she tried to kick her leg and then suddenly it was like it had caught fire. That’s when her eyes flew open and a terrified scream wrenched free from her jaws, and she frantically searched her surroundings for signs of smoke or flame, but what she saw instead was much worse… two-leggers. One was huge and black like some kind of monster shadow from Hell. Another looked sleek and sharp, like some sort of colorless snake that could strike quicker than Helki could recoil. All she knew she was trapped in the belly of the beast with them, and this heightened her panic.

She scrambled backwards into the nearest corner, hackles raised, eyes wide and pupils dilated to full black circles. Her lame leg hung uselessly from her body as she squatted in an arching pose against the floor. She wore a gaping, animalistic grin of fangs and fear as her eyes darted from Luperci to Luperci. She tried to get words out but let out an alien assortment of snarls and whines instead. It was an understatement to say she was delirious and confused and in extreme pain, as it seemed her reptilian brain had taken over. Finally she managed to spit out a few gasping words under her breath, ”What… what have you done to me?” For all she knew they had taken her in to perform abominable experiments upon her helpless, unconscious body. Helki had no idea what Luperci did behind closed doors, but her suspicions were on the side of complete paranoia.

Nico
Non-Luperci

POSTED: Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:49 am

(000) Ooc text here.

Lux watched intently as the silver vixen bandaged the stray wolf's wounds, and thought back as he was asked from how high the wolf had fallen. "Probably from ah... About twice my height." The dark giant spoke with a backwards flick of his ears. How could he have been so careless as to not tell the medic just what it was that had actually caused the damage to the loner woman. "I don't really think she hit her head on any rocks, the only blood was from her leg too..."

He was thinking over the experience that the male had had over the past couple hours, but his attention was snapped violently back to the situation at hand as a piercing scream disturbed his ears and they folded themselves back against his broad skull. "Hey, hey, calm down!" The male said hastily, trying to seem meek and intimidating, but the stranger among them had backed themselves into a corner and was staring about wildly as she took in what must have undoubtedly been a shocking change from her previous surroundings, but the next words to leave the pale faced wolf's mouth were cause for some concern.

She asked what they did to her. She was terrified, snarling and acting extremely defensive. "What-" the male started before shaking his head. "You need to relax of you'll re open those stitches. You fell off the mountain and hit some rocks so I brought you to see my pack's healer." the dark shadow wolf-dog uttered hastily with both his hands visible and in a non-threatening pose. "You're hurt, don't make it any worse on yourself, please."

Lux Einar

Loners
DEAD
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:46 am

Avinalora
  • Word Count: [483]
  • Time: Day
  • Form: Optime
Moral of the story: Do not piss off Avinalora. A lot of language

And then the woman woke up. Avinalora would have preferred a patient that asked questions and didn't move, but she didn't get one. The bi-hued female scuttled away in fear and acted as if they had done the most horrible things to her. All that the vixen had done was a simple herbal treatment, stitches, and bandages. She had dealt with people who were afraid of doctors and sometimes, people who didn't like to be treated by someone like her because she was a jackal or a Luperci in some instances. She didn't like being thought of as bad or evil; she worked for good and someone was acting like she did something wrong. That just really pissed her off no matter how many times that happened.

The fox maiden had dealt with patients that rejected treatment. Normally, a stern voice and some explanation would do. But today, her patience was quite low. She wasn't having the best of days. And this was a bad day for her. The moonlit lass didn't have the patience to explain everything that was happening. So the wolf would get a verbal bitch slap since it seemed like the best way to go. So, the Anatheman healer put on her best bitch face and began speaking.

"For your information, we just saved your life. If Lux hadn't dragged your mangy ass from the bottom of the mountain and brought you to see me, you would be bleeding out in the snow. I didn't have to treat your wound with the herbs I did; I mean it's the middle of the fucking winter and all, but as a medic, I did because it was my goddamned job. My sister didn't have to stitch up your leg, but she did or you wouldn't be alive right now. So can you not act like you have a stick up your ass and be fucking grateful? I don't give a shit that you are afraid of doctors or have some sort of personal vendetta against people like us but for the love of the gods, please do not touch the bandages. And can you not try running away? Because I highly doubt that a canine with your injury would be able to survive in the winter. So can you not act like you just got fucking fucked up? Because you didn't. Your fucking life was saved."

The silver lady put forth her speech in an icy tone as she glared at the woman with her herterochromia-afflicted forest orbs. She spoke quickly and finished with another bitch face for effect. She was not going to take the non-Luperci's shit today. But she would make sure that the woman was treated and healed. It was her job.

And then as calmly as ever, the monochrome fox began to put away the vials of herbs while still keeping her eye on the feral female.

"Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me!

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Unsplash.com

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

Dead Topics