Without a Sound They Fly

Avi

POSTED: Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:34 am

May
And I don't care if I sing off key
I find myself in my melodies
I sing for love, I sing for me
I shout it out like a bird set free

The light blonde female had tossed in her bed of furs all night long, her brother of the same litter had slept soundly beside her but there was something wrong with the light hued adolescent that night and even into the morning. She had a stomach ache, and the night had found her restless as Aiwyn looked on from above her, his perch just next to that of her brother's raven, Beryl. The birds had sat with their feathers ruffled and their heads tucked against their bodies for warmth and comfort. It was a long night for the female Optime, but as soon as the sun began to streak in through the window of the siblings shared home, May got up, albeit a bit slowly and miserably, and walked up to the perch, where she gently lifted a sleeping Aiwyn from beneath his wings and hugged the bird lightly.

The lightly feathered barn owl was a bit snobbish at times, at least to her, but he was, what could be considered, one of her only friends. Besides her brother, he was the only one that she felt at ease with, and she brought him everywhere she could with her. Right now however, May was on a quest for an herbal remedy, something to ease her upset stomach. There had been a clinic built in the village recently, that May knew of, and she thought to try there first. The structure was not beautiful like the houses that adorned the village with their presence, but it was rustic and sturdy looking in the least, and it even had a stone chimney. With a sleepy bird perched atop her shoulder, May entered the structure that lacked a solid door, but instead sported heavy animal furs to cover the doorway and keep out the cold. "H...Hello...?" The soft voice called out, wondering if there could be a healer within to help with her predicament.

Word Count: [000] Form: Optime Date: 11 Mar Area: --

Table by Kitty. Image Credits: 9-liters-of-art

May

Corie
Luperci
Hide Your Face

POSTED: Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:24 pm

Avinalora

• Word Count: [573]
  • Date: Feb?
  • Time: Morning
  • Form: Optime
OOC

A small figure stood in the middle of the new clinic. She was tiny, almost childlike with her stature. She looked very delicate with her skinny build. She could have been a fox Luperci with her long, bushy tail, but she had long legs that seemed very coyote-like. She also had long ears dominating her narrow head. Her muzzle didn't taper which was unlike a coyote's. She was a jackal.

Her base coat was almost white; as silver as snow or a moonbeam. Her coat color came from the drop of wolf blood running through her veins. Running from her ears to her tail, and ending in a white tail tip was a darker silver grizzled saddle that had black hairs dotting through it. A mop of black hair was pulled back into a ponytail. Her eyes were two shades of green, the left lighter than the right.

She was dressed in many layers of clothes due to her short, desert-adapted fur. A silver long-sleeved shirt was worn under a monochrome trench coat that went down a bit past her knees. The collar was pulled up to protect her neck. She also wore a pair of jeans to further protect herself from the Nova Scotia cold. The clothing was altered for her use but she had left the length unaltered and the shirt went a bit past her hips. A grey and white scarf was wrapped around her neck as further protection. She also wore a crescent moon pendant carved from wood.

Perched on her forearm was a large owl. The owl had a large, disc-shaped face that was white. Fawn, grey, and black ran down the owl's back and wings while white dominated the chest and under wings. The owl had deep, black eyes that were like the night. They were expressive and beautiful.

Avinalora had risen early to check on the new clinic. She had been helping to stock the clinic with herbs for use. And that meant getting up at the crack of dawn to make sure she had the day ahead of her since she walked very slowly because of her leg defect. The vixen had been accompanied by Tyler, her barn owl who was also an early riser.

The fox maiden felt a special kinship with the owl. She knew that the owl relied a lot on hearing and had very good hearing. Avi was like that since she was nearly blind and relied on her hearing and smell to get around. They were very alike with their senses. But at least the barn owl had good sight. the silver lady had always been almost blind.

Both the silver vixen and the tyto turned as they detected footsteps coming towards the building. But, she had a better image of the person since she could smell them. She smelled a young girl, one that carried the scent of Nyx and a barn owl. Without thinking, she placed her hand on the owl's back, just in case he got territorial.

A young girl entered through the furs that covered the entrance. She was around the winter wraith's height. The girl's fur was a mix of tan and fawn hues. Her eyes were purple, like the winter warrior's. The child also had a barn owl on her shoulder. She was sleepy, and looked miserable. The girl called out into the clinic and the vixen answered.

"Yes dear?" The monochrome fox replied.

"Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me!

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Unsplash.com

Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Sat May 13, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:38 pm

May

Being so early in the morning, the young looking coyote-wolf dog hybrid had not expected that anyone would be inside the clinic, but she was pleasantly surprised when a voice answered her timid call. Pale lavender eyes quickly adjusted to the dimly lit building and revealed within a small silver figure, the healer toting her own owl, one that was larger than Aiwyn and darker in color. The bird on her shoulder let out a strange crooning noise and tilted his head, but May paid it no mind. "Are you a healer...? I um... I have a stomach ache..." The child spoke in a shy tone.

Looking up at Aiwyn who appeared to be fully awake now and eyeing the other bird in the room, May tried to pat his ruffled feathers down and spoke softly to him. "Please be good, or I wont give you any extra mice tonight." her statement elicited an indignant response from the bird, who proceeded to fly up from her shoulder and perch lightly on one of the rafters of the clinic, wings folding soundlessly as the bird then turned his head back to look down at her. "Insolent child giving me orders." and then proceeded to close his eyes, returning to speak in his native tongue of avian low speech to the other bird, expressing his lack of ill will to the other owl, even going as far as to praise the other bird on his appearance, and May gave a strange look up to her owl companion before shaking her head slightly. "M-my name is May... I apologize if my friend caused any trouble..." she spoke, her ears angling back to show submission to the older more experienced Anatheman.

Word Count: [000] Form: Optime Date: -- Area: --

May

Corie
Luperci
Hide Your Face

POSTED: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:36 am

OOC Here
Word Count → 321

The girl asked if Avinalora was a healer and told her that she had a stomachache in a shy tone. The vixen nodded in response to the girl's question. She didn't remember the child's name, having had missed the Rast. Her sister had gone and told her elder sister that the child had brought an owl gris-gris, whatever that was. And now she was holding an owl. The irony of it.

"What did you eat?" The fox maiden asked, getting right to business. She didn't want to prolong the hybrid's suffering by introductions. The girl had a stomachache, but she still had to ask questions just in case. But, the waif knew that she should at least get the herbs ready. She heard the girl speaking to her owl, threatening to take away the bird's extra mice. She understood the owl's use of low-speech and let Tyler hop onto the counter and then flew up to the rafters with the other barn owl.

With well-practiced movements, the winter wrath proceeded to gather the herbs used to treat bellyache. Juniper berries, watermint, mallow, and pepermint would be useful in treating a bellyache. The healer decided to brew tea since it was better than drinking a cold beverage on a cold morning. She grabbed a small tin teapot that she had traded for a few months ago.

"Take a seat." The pale physician said as she began grounding up the juniper berries to add to the tea with her mortar and pestle. She squeezed the juices into the teapot. And then she ground up the watermint and mallow and squeezed the juices from the leaves into the teapot. Then, she added some water before repeating the process of grounding up the herbs. Then, went over to the heater and set a small fire and placing the teapot on the hanger.

"The tea should be ready in a few minutes." The monochrome fox said.

Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Mon May 01, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:29 pm

May

May was grateful that the silver furred healer decided to waste no time with pleasantries and simply got right down to the important questions to begin the girls treatment. The small vixen asked May what she had eaten and the younger female pondered her answer for a moment as she watched the other owl fly up into the rafters after her own. "E-eaten...? I haven't really eaten anything..." The young female spoke, thought it was true, May was an intelligent girl, but she often forgot to do even the simplest tasks of self care, including eating, and this was the reason that the female was so very thin.

Aiwyn cocked his avian head at the other bird as he joined him up in the darkened space of the rafters, crooning curiously and shimmying slightly along the wooden beam towards the other male. He was interested in the other owl, having been raised in captivity by Nyx from the time he was a chick, it was so far a nice experience for him to become acquainted with another bird.

The silver Jackal had asked May to sit, and the female obliged gratefully, moving over to one of the seats and easing herself down onto it, curling her legs up as she perched there. The moonlit healer was mixing some herbs into a tea kettle, and May was suddenly curious as to what combination of herbs could be used to relieve her problem, as well as any others. She was a student, and so she thought it wouldn't bring any harm for her to simply ask. "What kind of herbs are you using...? I want to train to be a healer too..." The girl added in, her ear flicking as she tried to suppress a wave of discomfort and mild nausea.

May

Corie
Luperci
Hide Your Face

POSTED: Mon May 01, 2017 10:43 pm

Avinalora
"The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell"
Optime | Morning | Feb? | Clinic

OOC here
Word Count:

The girl said that she hadn't eaten anything. That was the problem. Well, at least the herbs Avinalora had given her would probable boost her. Though, she should be telling Nyx about this. The child did look skinny. The vixen knew the Malphas was a good mother, and probably wouldn't be starving her child. So, perhaps she forgot to eat? The healer made a mental note to have the winter warrior over for tea. The girl was still growing and needed all the food she could get.

"You should be eating." The fox maiden stated as she turned away from the tea she was making. It was obvious, but sometimes, the young ones didn't know that. "You're still growing, and your body needs food to keep you healthy and strong." She really hoped the kid would remember. And then the desert doctor turned away, mixing the herbs together. As she did, she communicated to the girl's owl in low-speech. She told him that she should remind her to eat.

The hybrid sat down obediently as the winter wraith continued the process of tea making. The kid had been raised well, it seemed. Them, she asked what was in the tea. By then, the waif had finished the mixture. She set a small fire in the heater and then hooked the teapot n the hanger. And then she turned to answer the questions asked.

"Juniper berries are useful for soothing the stomach. They can also be used to calm people and give them energy. Mallow also soothes the stomachache. And, watermint eases the suffering that originates from it. Mint also soothes the stomach, and makes the tea taste better." The grey-scaled girl explained. And then the tea was ready.

The moon-washed medic hooked the kettle from the hook with one of the curved sticks she kept around. She didn't want to get burned. She carefully moved it to the table she had cleared of the jars. She set the kettle down and then got out one of the cups. She carefully touched the handle to make sure it was cool enough to handle. It was warm, but not burning. She then poured it into the cup she managed to grab. And then walked over to the girl and said "Here. Be careful, it might still be hot." She gave it to her patient and then sat down.

"Didn't catch your name." The monochrome fox said. She didn't have a keen memory when it came to people's names.

Image | Background | Table by Andi

Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Mon May 08, 2017 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Tue May 02, 2017 11:00 pm

May

May watched as the silver furred healer went about her work, listening with folded ears as the jackal mix told the coyote hybrid pup that she should be eating, and that she needed more food if she were to grow strong, and deep down May knew that was a fact, but she could never seem to remember when she was in the middle of a good book, even one that she had read once or twice already. May couldn't help but get lost inside those literary works until sleep took her sometimes, but since her Rast, and since May had moved out of the home of her mother and siblings that was far too crowded for her tastes, she had not been taking the best care of herself, and it was only Aiwyn who reminded her to eat whenever he himself got hungry, and they would go out to hunt together.

Avinalora even went so far as to tell her owl to remind the girl to eat however, and May silently groaned. The fawn colored hybrid got enough trouble from that bird as it were, and now there would be more fuel for the rude avian to pick on her from. The owl chirped down at the silver healer from the rafters, indicating that he did, but that the creature, indicating May, was too unintelligent to listen sometimes. May glared up at the bird and huffed audibly, her arms crossing over her chest, but she noticed that the two owls had gotten much closer, perched right up by each other and interacting in what seemed like a peaceful manner.

The fox healer had finished mixing the tea and heating it and brought the kettle over to the table at which May had sat herself down, she'd listened thoughtfully to the descriptions of each herb that had gone into the making of the tea, and the effects that each would have on the body, and she was fascinated. After the tea was served to her the young female gazed thoughtfully into her cup for a short moment, sniffing the steamy liquid before taking an experimental sip, and deciding that the taste wasn't so bad. "Thank you for this... My name is May... and yours..?"

May

Corie
Luperci
Hide Your Face

POSTED: Sun May 07, 2017 7:57 pm

Avinalora
"The fear of falling apart"

OOC here
Word Count:

Avinalora's ears flicked as she heard the owl say that he did remind the child but she didn't. The vixen responded that he should try harder in a joking tone. She hoped that he would, since that wasn't healthy for the kid. Tyler was perched close to the other owl. The larger owl began preening the other one. And a small smile pulled at the healer's lips as she saw in interaction.

The girl listened as the fox maiden told her about the uses of the herbs. The hybrid would make a good student. She listened well and seemed like she might make a good healer. She didn't know what rank the girl was, though anyone could become a healer if they had the knowledge for it.

The fawn-colored female said that her name was "May". The winter wraith nodded and then the child asked of her name. "My name is Avinalora. I'm a friend of your mother's." She added that so the girl would know who she was. She didn't know if Nyx told her daughter about her, though she wouldn't mind if she didn't.

"So, what's your rank tier, if you don't mind me asking." The monochrome fox asked.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun May 14, 2017 2:34 pm

OOC: Sent from phone forgive the quality please lol

The meeting of the silver healer was going pretty straight forwards, the girl recieved her tea and she gave it a testing sniff before lapping up a bit of the scalding liquid. It had a strange taste, things that she had never experienced, but it didn't have a horrible taste. The female wasn't sure how to feel about the fact that the healer was instructing her bird to be even more of a pain in the butt than he already was.

As the female introduced herself and the silver healer returned her name, saying that she was a friend of May's mother, the girl blinked her pale lavender eyes and perked her ears a bit. "H-how did you know who my mom is..?" the naive girl asked before giving herself a subtle sniff and catching the scent of the white furred maternal figure there. "Oh, um, never mind." the girl muttered shyly, embarrassed about her own slip up.

The moonbeam fox maiden asked May about her rank then, and the thoughtful girl pondered for a moment before giving her answer. "I-I want to learn all I can, reading books, religion, medicine, anything I can learn, so I decided it might be good to become a Tuyul." she answered, lapping up more of her tea and marveling at the calming effect it was having on her upset stomach. "Thank you, Avinalora."
May

Corie
Luperci
Hide Your Face

POSTED: Sun May 14, 2017 4:51 pm

Avinalora
"The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell"

Your post is fine! Thanks for the thread <3
Word Count:

Avinalora chuckled softly as May seemed to forget that she smelled of Nyx. The vixen remembered how Luna used to forget that, too. The girl was still young, though and she had more to learn. The grey-scaled healer nodded and said, "Sometimes my wards forget that they smell like me and I smell like them." She noticed the kid's shyness and tried to joke.

The Malphas' daughter was a Tuyul. The ghostly jackal wasn't sure what that was, but judging by the kid wanting to learn, it would have to be some sort of scholarly tier. The fox maiden was in the medical tier, and her sister was in the warrior tier. She did know that there was some sort of domestic tier as well. "That's good." The fox-tailed female said.

The Tuyul thanked her and the winter wraith replied, "It was no trouble at all, May." She smiled and then said, "If you'll excuse me, I need to do my rounds. Just leave the cup on the counter when you're done." The monochrome fox got up and left the clinic.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

Dead Topics