I wasn't born for this

Nyx!

POSTED: Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:35 pm

A silver shape stood in the middle of a large room. She was small and skinny despite being in her Secui form. She was skinny with long legs, but she held her left hind leg off the ground. There didn't seem to be much meat on her bones, unlike most halflings. Her fur wasn't very long either; she only sported a short mane. She had a narrow face with a muzzle that didn't taper. Her ears were long and dominated her small face. She had a long, bushy tail that seemed like a fox's but her long legs were almost deer-like. Her paws were different from most halflings, sporting a more opposable thumb.

Her fur was silver, almost like a moonbeam. Her mane was black, but she had a darker silver saddle that was flecked with black. Her eyes were mismatched shades of forest green. She did have clothing on her person; a peculiar outfit that was fastened where her chest met her neck and went to her waist. It was fur-lined and went on to cover part of her rump. A small hood also was present but was never used. She also had cloth covering her legs in the form of leg-warmers. A pendant carved in the shape of a moon hung from her neck and she carried a satchel.

Avinalora wanted to explore more of the village and she had somehow found her way to this place. It was big and she could make out the weapons lining the walls. She didn't know if this was an armory or something. But, she knew that it was for warriors. She wasn't a warrior, she could never be one with her body. The vixen had a lame hind leg, horrible eyesight, and she wasn't very strong. She knew that she was capable of combat, she had held her own against someone, but she had gotten pinned and needed help.

The fox maiden often wondered if she could fight. She was fast and clever which would be good for combat, but she was weak, she already knew it. She knew that she could never fight, it was obvious to her. Maybe if she had more strength, or maybe better sight, she could fight, but that couldn't happen.

The silver lady knew that Secui form was her best form for a fight. Her Lupus form was too small, almost pup-sized. She couldn't reach an opponent's face, or even body for that matter. And in Optime form, she was slow because of her bipedal stance and couldn't really see the ground. But her Secui form didn't have much power like all of her forms. She had fought in the halfling form, but it didn't go so well for her.

She would always be a healer, never a fighter.

Word Count ➤ 465

Dated to around March 20th
The Secui RO isn't up yet.

Jean-Sébastien Guénette | JadedReality & 8Moments | Table by Sammiie

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:18 pm

(000) Ooc text here.

The snowy female would find herself down at the training grounds on a daily basis. More often than not however, the ice coated huntress would adopt her two legged form for the purpose of her training, usually forgoing the natural form that she had been so accustomed to as a young girl, and the larger, sturdier halfling form that granted her some of the advantages that a larger wolf might have over one as small as she was in her own lupus form. Today, the Malphas wanted to do something a bit different.

Secui was a form that the pale ivory hunter would usually never take. Her Lupus form granted the female great speed, stealth, and endurance, and the optime granted her a versatile set of hands to do with whatever she could think of. Compared to these, to the hunter, the Secui seemed something that didn't have many uses. For taking down deer and other large game, the warrior's halfling shape was often necessary, but otherwise Nyx often chose another shape in favor of it.

Today, Nyx wished to excercise her Secui form. The hunter was long and lean; she had a slender frame and long legs that were all interlaced with a frame of firm and lean muscle. Her fur was white and soft and of a medium length everywhere but her legs and tail, which were feathered with whisps if longer strands that gave her a somewhat elegant apearance. Her tail was long and her fur was sort of thin and silky, nothing like the coarse pelt of a pure blooded wolf, but she was only one quarter wolf, and her appearances held mostly true to her dog heritage.

Trotting along in her halfling paws, part of the time spent watching as her partially elongated "fingers" gripped the ground with each step she took. She had spent the entire morning running her rounds of the border and it was time for the dedicated fighter to train in the art of combat. For one as small as she was to be playing with the big dogs in a daily basis, she could not afford to slip in her combat training.

Stepping into the large and usually empty room, Nyx took a short breather from her running, her head lowered, only to find when she raised her amethyst gaze again that the room was in fact not empty. There were no other warriors training here during that time it seemed, but amidst the backdrop of woden weapons and straw filled training dummies, stood the spindly and long legged jackal, her halfling proportions like that of a baby deer, all legs and no muscle to speak of. "H-Hello Avinalora, c..come to train?"

This: Sammiie | Stock: Dawnthieves | Textures: Sirius-sdz
Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie
Luperci Mate to Lukos Bound by blood, never alone.

POSTED: Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:47 pm

Avinalora

• Word Count: [379]
  • Date: March 20th
  • Time: Day
  • Form: Secui
OOC

Avinalora heard someone enter the armory. She scented the air, smelling a wolfdog. A female and Luperci. She smelled Nyx, the Malphas. She sounded like she was in some sort of four-legged form. The vixen had her left side to the door which made her have to turn around to see the white woman. She was in Secui form, too but lean muscle coated her frame. Surprisingly, the medic was taller than the warrior woman by several inches.

The winter warrior asked the fox maiden if she was here to train. Her eyebrow quirked in response. Did the purple-eyed girl need her eyesight checked. Did the healer look like she could fight? Did her friend even know that she was blind? The silver belle looked like a newborn fawn. Fawns didn't look like they could fight. Well, she had fought before. But, she needed to be saved by another and she was pinned within seconds. Albeit, she had managed to leave him with a few wounds but that was all.

"Excellent deduction, Sherlock." The winter wraith replied. "But I took a left instead of a right and ended up in here instead of the gardens." She liked reading about Sherlock and Moriarty and didn't mind referencing books. It was fun to see how confused people got when they didn't understand the reference. She had told a bit of a lie, though. The deer-fox had been exploring Anathema, but she didn't want to make it seem like she was actually here to train.

"So, this is some sort of training facility?" The moon-washed maiden asked, tilting her head slightly. She couldn't see very well, but it looked like some sort of armory to her. She didn't think that she's ever been in a training ground before. She didn't think she'd been in an armory either. "I thought it was an armory." The jackal mutt remarked.

"Do I actually look like I can fight?" The silver lady asked, gesturing towards herself with her hand-paw. She knew that the wolfdog was a warrior. Did she see a fighter in the Volac? What part of her said fighter? She was all skin and bone and she was small. "A one-eyed medic with a lame leg." The monochrome fox added, pointing out her flaws.

"Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me!

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Unsplash.com

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:11 am

(000) Ooc text here.

Nyx greeted the deer-like Secui, and she was greeted in return with a bit of biting sarcasm, to which Nyx simply rolled her eyes and let out a soft laugh. "W-well I don't know w-who Sherlock is b-but yeah, y-you must have gotten preeeeetty l-lost to end up in-n here." Having figured that perhaps the Secui healer really wasn't there for training, Nyx began to walk past her, moving on towards the row of training dummies that were lined up in the back, having taken more than their fair share of abuse in the past years, but a question from the moonlit vixen halted te ice warrior's advance.

Tan tipped ears perked and her head swiveled back around as Avinalora asked if this was a training facility, and then proceeded to mention that she thought that it was an armory. "Y-yeah, th-this is the t-t-training grounds, p-people come h-here to s-spar or practice w-with weapons o-or hand to hand... I-it's where fighters l-learn to fight." And as Nyx heard the girl go on to ask if Nyx really thought the girl could fight, she sat back on her haunches and faced the medic. "I d-don't know i-if you can f-fight, b-but I know you c-can learn." She said calmly and with every confidence.

"A b-bat may be blind but i-it still learns to fly, a-and I had a lame leg t-too. I-I've trained e-every day for t-two cycles and it's s-strong now." The snow coated warrior spoke, holding up the right front leg of hers in front of Avinalora's face, and there was a set of very large and deep claw marks marring the limb. "I-it doesn't matter w-what's holding you back, i-if you can s-stand and move, y-you can learn to f-fight." She said this with finality to her tone. "I c-could teach you."

Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:08 am

OOC Here
Word Count → 456

Avinalora smirked and chuckled as Nyx responded. Sherlock was an excellent detective, but she guessed that not many people had access to the novels that she read. And she wasn't look for the gardens. She was simply exploring. But, she did get lost in a way. She had been in Thackary Village for a while and had only gone to the Howling Caverns a few times for meetings and such. She should get out more. The Malphas moved past her to the row of unidentifiable objects (she couldn't make them out) and then the vixen asked her question.

So this was a training facility. Had Adrian been here? The fox maiden didn't know where her sister went, but she felt the Dasa would come here. This was the place for warriors. The Raven girl was proficient in armed and unarmed combat and this place seemed like the place to practice. Maybe later she could ask her sister if she had come here. And then she asked another question.

The winter warrior turned and told the silver lady that she could learn. The allies of the jackal mutt, her half-sister and adopted brother had attempted to teach her. But she had rejected the training, hoping that she would be able to avoid trouble and run. But after the attacks that had happened, she had been showing interest. But the medic's duty first went to her pack-mates; she served them with her best ability. The waif hadn't had the opportunity to train with her sister. Maybe she could do it now.

"I have fought before." The winter wraith said. She had been attacked several times and she had fought a few times. She remembered the altercation between Jarix, the bastard, and she. There were also some other small scraps she had gotten into before she had come to Nova Scotia. And then there was the time when she had been attacked while in Secui. She had put in quite a fight but Skana had to rescue her. "Most of them ended with me getting my tail kicked."

The moon-washed medic's eyes widened as she learned that the violet-eyed vixen had a lame leg like her. She didn't know how her friend could do what she could. She didn't know if she could use her leg like the fighter could, but she was fast even on three legs. She could dodge moves and she could bite and scratch. Maybe the pale physician could somehow fight.

"Well I guess it doesn't hurt to try." The monochrome fox said. She got to her paws and moved so that she faced the snowy female but had the right side of her face facing her opponent. She had to see the attack coming.

Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:11 am

[000] ooc text here

So the silver healer had in fact been in a few fights before. Nyx had not failed to notice the few scars that peaked out from behind the moonlit fur of the vixen maiden, particularly the one which had marred her lame leg, and it brought the female a bit of joy once the fox maiden had begun to express an interest in fighting. Nyx was a warrior, since setting foot in anathema as a scraggly little thing covered in wounds and hobbling on three legs, the originally feral female had trained day in and day out to become strong.

The tragedy that had fallen the birth pack of the Anatheman sub-leader would not happen to the one she occupied now, not if Nyx was strong enough, and if she could help it, and so every day she trained, and if she could teach another even the slightest skills of self defense, it would lower the chance that the snow warrior would ever have to see them fall to an enemy. If Nyx could teach people to fight, they would not go down without giving one.

Giving a grin and a swift wag of her flowing tail, Nyx watched as Avinalora turned to face Nyx with her one good(ish) eye and Nyx thought that perhaps teaching through demonstration would work for the moment. Avinalora looked frail and all, but Nyx didn't believe that she could hurt the girl if she wasn't trying to; she wasn't made of glass after all.

Lowering herself a bit, Nyx let her limbs loose and tensed them at the same time. "Wh-when you fight, s-someone so small sh-should avoid being hit. Staying l-low and tensed as though y-you were about to run will help you m-m-move out of the way quickly. T-try it?" The Malphas offered as she crouched and then sprung forward at the silver healer, though she would do nothing more than run into her if the blind healer failed to move, Nyx was not aiming to harm the woman, especially during her very first lesson.

Image (c) davebloggs007 | Texture: InterRose | Table by Sammiie

Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:20 am

Avinalora

• Word Count: [330]
  • Date: March 20th
  • Time: Day?
  • Form: Secui
OOC

Avinalora sized up her opponent carefully. She was taller than Nyx by a bit but she had almost no meat on her bones in Secui. A form that was often known for more strength. But, the vixen was built for speed. The Malphas had lean muscle coating her frame and seemed to outweigh her by several pounds. She didn't have the amount of battle expertise that her friend had, but logic would do her well as much as instinct.

The fox maiden saw the winter warrior lower herself and then spoke. She gave the jackal pointers on how to fight. Lowering herself to the ground and tensing up to run. The medic never done that before in a fight. She normally threw herself at her opponent and then hung on until she was thrown off. Albeit, the method was more of a distraction than an actual attack, but it could qualify as a method. But, she lowered herself and tensed her muscles to run.

The snowy fighter crouched and then attacked, springing forward. The moon-washed medic darted to the left. She wanted to throw her off. She was blind in her left eye, making it less likely for someone to expect her to go to that side. She had already figure out that she had enough space to do such a feat. The healer moved quickly and she stood so that her left side partially faced the woman. She didn't need sight to detect someone coming up on her blind side. She could hear the footsteps and breath of her friend.

"I don't think I've ever went for that method. I normally throw myself at my attacker and hold on until they throw me off." The monochrome fox said, sharing a bit of her experience. She lowered herself slightly, ready for the next attack. She didn't know what kind of teacher the snow-hued sub-leader was. The pale physician's foster mother had taught by example and book. But everyone was different.

"Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me!

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Unsplash.com

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:33 pm

(000) Ooc text here.

Both females being there in Secui form, they were similar in size, but by comparing the two it was obvious that Nyx was the more athletically inclined, her limbs and core coated in a layer of lean muscle, her stance telling of hidden power beneath her almost frail looking exterior. Avinalora on the other hand looked like a lamb, she was bony, much like Nyx had been before the start of her training, almost skeletal, and without an ounce of muscle on her.

Nyx didn't know for sure, but she had a theory that Avinalora may have been blind in her left eye, just based on the angles that the healer sometimes held her head and the way that she moved, so when Nyx had sprung at her, it came as a bit or a surprise when the female jumped to the left and held that side of her body towards her enemy. Nyx guessed that it was as good a time as ever to test out her theory, springing up at the vixen healer once more.

As she did so, Avi mentioned that her usual approach to a fight was simply to hold on until she was thrown off, and Nyx's amethyst eyes widened momentarily even as she landed and the silver healer jumped away from her once more. "Th-that's dangerous, A-Avinalora, i-if you got a hard hit f-fighting against s-someone much bigger than you, y-you could get really hurt. B-broken bones even. Th-the best thing t-to do is use your s-size to your advantage, s-slip in through their g-guard, deal a-a-as much damage as you can, a-and then get out. G-go for the soft s-spots too." The healer instructed, now standing still and turning her halfling back on the healer, Nyx gave a new set of instruction.

"C-come at me, h-hit me, and g-get out before I can retaliate."

Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie

POSTED: Wed May 03, 2017 12:01 am

Avinalora
"The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell"
Secui | Day | March 20th | Training Grounds

OOC here
Word Count:

Avinalora actually managed to dodge an attack. She had an extremely low amount of fighting experience, but she followed her instincts. She also used logic, figuring out the best response. She had seen fights before, and she applied what she remembered to this fight. She wasn't a fighter, not even close to one. But, the vixen could defend herself if needed.

And then the fox maiden mentioned her form of attack. Skana didn't see anything wrong with it the last time she fought. And the Creo did seem like a warrior, she would have said something. But Nyx seemed surprised as she attacked and with a quick leap to the right side of the Malphas, she dodged the attack easily. The ghostly jackal realized that she hadn't explained exactly how she attacked.

"I normally go for the midsection." The winter wraith replied. She didn't know if the winter warrior was thinking that she tackled her opponents head-on or something. "And I've used that move in...three fights or so. If a moose counts as a fight." The desert doctor added. She probably used it a lot more times, but she was counting her most recent fights. That one with the bastard in the south, the one that she had met again a moon ago. And the loner.

And then the snowy fighter offered some advice. The moon-washed maiden should use her size and speed to her advantage. And to go for the weak spots. The healer had a fair knowledge of anatomy. She knew about the tendons and parts of the body that were vulnerable. The knowledge would be useful in a fight.

The scarred female directed the grey-scaled girl to attack her. And then the deer-fox crouched. She'd seen Jarix and Adrian use misdirection before. Acting like they were going to attack one place and then attack a different area. She didn't know if the woman would fall for this trick. Maybe, she would underestimate the medic's skills?

The monochrome fox sprang forward instead of going high. She leaped, aiming towards the Achillies tendon of the snow-hued sub-leader. Even a glancing blow would be enough. If she did land the hit, she would be able to bring the woman down.

Image | Background | Table by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun May 14, 2017 7:52 pm

As they went back and forth, the silver healer mentioned that in a fight she would normally go for the mid section and hold on, Nyx supposed that this angle of approach could do some damage to a four legged opponent if they could not retaliate, but someone in optima would be far more capable of causing harm in this instance, even going so far as to grab, punch, or do worse to their assailant, and Nyx was sure to remind Avinalora of this fact. "J-just be careful I-if they are in Optime, th-they could grab you like that." the winter fighter stated before she gave her instruction and turned her back so that Avinalora could try to sneak in and rush out.

The female could hear Avinalora's approach but it wasn't too noticeable, and she expected that the female would try to leap onto her midsection as she had said before, but instead, a blow to the back of her leg sent a shock up through her limb and she stumbled, but the real test was to see whether or not Avinalora could escape before retaliation found its way to her silver form. Nyx twisted her lithe muscular body, pushing off the ground with her untouched rear leg and lashing out at the healer with an open hand-paw, her claws retracted, simply aiming to bat at the female to see if she'd land the hit, not to scratch her, and Nyx would chase the vixen for a couple steps to judge her speed as well, even as she adopted a slight limp from her newly sore leg.
Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie

Dead Topics