• Word Count: [625]
  • Date: Late March
  • Time: Late morning
  • Form: Optime
Could be used for Empusa?
Bes can come in and ask her
about this stuff while she's
doing stuff

A small female stood in the middle of a clinic, pulling out jars and putting them on another table. On the table was a pencil and paper. She was a small, tiny thing and she looked like a pixie. She was skinny and delicate-looking. She had long legs that came from her jackal breeding. She had a foxlike tail that made her seem like a fox Luperci except those didn't exist and her legs were long. She had a long muzzle that didn't taper. She had long ears that were quite disproportionate to her narrow face.

Her fur was silver, like a moonbeam on snow. She was quite a weird color for a jackal. A grey saddle ran down her back from her ears and ended with a white tail tip. The saddle had black hairs that ran through it. A mop of black hair was pulled into a ponytail. Her eyes were two different shades of forest green. The left was darker than the right.

She wore a lot of clothing due to her desert-adapted fur. She wore a grey long-sleeved shirt under a green anorak. The anorak was buttoned over the shirt. Both seemed to be adapted for her small body, but the bottom of the garments still seemed a bit long for her. She also wore a pair of jeans that was modified for her small body. A grey and white scarf was tied around her neck as well as a crescent-shaped pendant that was carved of wood.

Avinalora decided to try to make a few herbal remedies by mixing poultices together to make them better and more effective. She knew that if she mixed certain things together, she could hit two birds with one stone with this kind of stuff. She had brought the pencil and paper to write the herbs that were in the jar and what they were for. The vixen could help her fellow pack-mates better when she did this. And she needed something to do.

The fox maiden picked up the first jar and opened it before she sniffed it. The sharp scent of catnip filled her nostrils. The herb was good for coughs, inflammation, and as a mild sedative. She picked up another paper that she had brought with her and wrote down the herb and it's uses. She could take inventory while she was at it.

It wasn't hard for the winter wraith to find a bottle of poppy seeds. They were little black seeds, not a green mash. The poppy seeds were used as a sleep aid and a few could calm someone down. If she added a bit of it to a mix, it could have a calming affect. She leaned down to write down the herb and it's uses.

And then after a bit of rummaging, the moon-washed maiden found thyme and Valerian root. The herbs were also useful because of the calming affect. If she mixed all of these together, she could make a relaxing mixture in case someone was in distress. And then she remembered that she should carry all of these calming herbs with her. Just in case. So, she grabbed a few of the empty bottles and filled them before placing them in her bag.

Finally, the monochrome fox picked up another jar and began mixing the different herbs. She measured each before she put them in. And then she mixed them together. Once she was done with it. She put the jars back and pulled out a few more different jars. Aloe for cuts, Arnica for it's anti-septic uses, marigold and goldenrod for wound healing, birch for wound healing, and maybe something for pain. She would be able to mix them together and create something for wounds.

"Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me!

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Unsplash.com

Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Sun Jun 18, 2017 4:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Besekel was getting to be a bit larger now, less of a plump, little hairball and developing into more of a lanky, tall hairball. His dual-colored eyes were brighter, a vibrant yellow on his right and blue on his left eye. His paws and head were still big in comparison to the rest of his body, but not quite as ridiculously as when he was younger. The Adze trotted around the village, taking in the sights. Apparently one of these things called buildings was owned by his dad, but he hasn't been staying there too often to the pups knowledge. Maybe only when he needed somewhere quiet to be.

The pup was clearly seen on the road, a mix of white and light grey pelt with tan tips on his ears, eyebrows, and tail. Most of the white on him was around the lower half of his legs, around his neck and face and the general underside of his body. Everywhere else was a light grey, almost steel coloring. Pausing on his trek through new parts of the territory, Bes caught a glimpse of a building that didn't quite look like the rest. Taking interest, the pup strolled on over, still getting used to long legs as he moved a staggered gait. It certainly wasn't made the same way, he could tell.

The walls looked like dirt almost, and it had weirdly colored stones on top of it. There was also something that look like a fireplace outside, but the puppy couldn't tell what it was for. Waddling up a few steps, he nosed the door open with all his mini might and peered into the room. In the center of the room was a woman working at a table, which was too high up for the young Anatheman to see what she was doing. Interested by this seemingly new person, Besekel tentatively crept closer, allowing the door to swing shut behind him. "H-Hello?" he squeaked, having developed one of his mother's quirks.

For some reason, this stranger smelled familiar to the little wolfdog. It was more than just the scent of Anathema, but on a personal level as well. While he could sense that this person was around before, the little guy couldn't remember much from when he was more of a toddler. Maybe his mom and dad were friends with her?
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet (NPC)
Mike

POSTED: Sun Mar 26, 2017 4:17 pm

OOC Here
Word Count → 337

Avinalora hated how concentrated she got while she was working. She tried to maintain constant vigilance, she was almost blind and couldn't run. Even in Anathema, she still wanted to be alert. As a medic, she had to be as functional as possible. And she was nearly blind which made it hard to be fully functional. But she could try.

The fox maiden perked when she heard a voice. She scented the air to see who it was. She smelled a hybrid, a young pup. It was a he. She smelled Nyx on the kid. She has four kids, right? So she's met half of them. Was this Lukos's kid? She could tell that the girl, May had a different father. The girl smelled more coyote-y and this one smelled wolf-y.

The winter wrath turned to see a young pup enter the clinic. He smelled healthy which didn't explain why he was here. Other than if he was curious. Or maybe she just couldn't smell that he needed treatment. The pup was still below shifting age, she could tell. He had blue-grey fur and a bent ear.

"Hello," The moon-washed medic replied and then added. "You're here for treatment or just curious?" She then went back to mixing the herbs, making a treatment for wounds. It would be useful for people with wounds, especially for follow-ups. She wouldn't use it for a first treatment since she felt that it should be treated with a full-on antiseptic mixture before healing herbs.

A small thought crossed the monochrome fox's mind as she asked the kid another question. "You one of Nyx's kids? The Mad Hatter's one?" She had sensed something off about the Atheed the last time she had saw him. How his demeanor changed sometimes and how he had a different air about him. She didn't know why she wanted to call him the Mad Hatter, but she did. The silver lady turned to the shelf and found the willow. She could put willow in for pain management.

Photo Credit

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:55 pm

The building was relatively large, in comparison to the small pup. It had a high ceiling, and was very wide. Craning and rotating his neck around to see every inch of the earthy walls, Besekel almost forgot that he had called out to whoever was in there. It didn't take long for him to get an answer however, seeing that the older Luperci had now turned to him as he approached. Suddenly the Adze froze in mid-step at her words, but relaxed when the lady returned to her work. "U-um... Curious." he said finally, with confidence. This place was certainly interesting to the young mix, with the smell of dirt and plants. Every scent was different to the small boy, as he struggled to differentiate between them.

Standing on his hind legs, Bes propped his fore paws up on a leg of the table and strained to see what was on top, inquisitively sniffing the air with a little brown nose. "Whatcha workin on?" he asked, with the tilt of the head and a slow wag of the tail. Now that he was allowed to move about the territory freely as long as he came back before sundown, the small pup's questioning nature began to manifest itself in other ways besides how he would try to eat anything and everything as a tiny pup, although he was wont to nibble an item or two from time to time. At the moment though, his latest escapades included interrogating anyone that was doing anything of particular note.

"What's that plant? Can I eat it? Does it taste good? Do you live here? why is that part of the floor uneven? What's the roof made out of? What's your name? he said in a flurry of curiosity, realizing that the one he really wanted to know the answer to was his final question. Bes decided that he liked this stranger and that he would make this lady be his friend. And there was nothing she could do about it.

When the woman posed her own question though, the pup was stumped. He knew that others had called Mom "Nyx", but this stuff about an angry hat didn't make any sense. "Who?" he said, clearly confused on what the woman meant. He sat there puzzling her words, expectantly staring the woman down as he waited for some sort of clarity.
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet (NPC)
Mike

POSTED: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:49 pm

I'm all ears and I'm all scars

Avinalora missed the days when she had Luna as her student. But now the fox was an adult now and wasn't the young kit she had been. She had matured and grown since then. But this pup was full of curiosity and the vixen didn't know why young minds made her feel younger. She hadn't spent much time around other pups when she was young, devoting her time to helping her mother. She felt older because of that. And now she was feeling younger.

The kid came closer and when the fox maiden had turned around with the willow, he was already standing up on his hind legs, propping his paws on the table. He asked her what she was mixing and she didn't know how to explain what she was mixing in pup terms. The waif paused for a few seconds, trying to figure out how to explain it to him before she spoke.

"It's for wounds." The winter wraith said, using the most simple terms. She didn't think she could explain exactly what the treatment did. The Arnica to clean the wound; the Aloe for the wound; the birch, goldenrod, and marigold for healing, and possibly the willow for pain management. The pixie began unscrewing the cap of the jar.

And then the hybrid launched a volley of questions at the silver lady. He asked her a lot of questions and pointed out something that she didn't notice. She didn't know that the floor was uneven. The jackal didn't know what the floor was made up of other than earth. She didn't mind having someone to talk to and the boy pointed out something that she didn't notice which meant that he had keep eyes.

"This is willow." The pale physician said, answering the first question. As she replied, she began pouring a bit of the poultice in her mixture. She didn't add too much, just enough to numb the wound. Correct dosage was very important and she didn't want the mix to do anything more than numb the wound.

The beginnings of a smile crossed her face as the snowy Volac replied to the next question. "Number one rule of the clinic, never eat anything unless the healer tells you to." Thankfully, most of the herbs were in jars, and she didn't think that there was any poison around the clinic that the pup could get to.

"I don't know the answer to the other two questions." The silver belle said, mixing the poultice with a stick of Adler. She knew that the tree had properties that helped wounds, so she stirred with it to test a theory. Would the Alder help the mixture? She would test this on an animal first. The fae made a mental note to ask Tyler or Eclipse for a live rodent.

"And, my name is Avinalora." The monochrome fox replied.  

Word count: 479

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sat May 06, 2017 2:11 am

Much to the pup's surprise, almost all of his questions was answered. The woman seemed to take his barrage in stride, and never failed to miss a beat when working until she admitted that a couple she didn't have the answer to. Still, the more the white woman told him, the more questions he had. The child looked up curiously at the strange Anatheman, as they seemingly knew a great deal.
Hearing that he needed permission to eat things in the 'clinik', he gave a very calm "Ah..". Besekel waited until they were finished talking before starting the second shorter salvo of questions.

"... What's willow for? What can I eat in here? Is the reason why you're making this 'cause someone got hurt? An.." he faltered, tilting his head as mismatched blue and gold eyes gazed inquiringly at the small woman. "C-c... can I be your, f-friend?" he asked sweetly, trying to keep the habit out of his voice. He was obviously nervous asking her, having yet to make a friend outside his family so far. He had already made up his mind about it, but his dad said it was polite to ask people first. He really wanted this person to like him, they seemed very nice. "M-My name is Besekel." he told her with shaky pride, somewhat puffing out his tiny chest while still standing against the table's leg.

"An.. Un...." he felt like this was a bit of a silly question, since he already knew what the word meant, but curiosity still held him. "What's a healer do?" It seemed like a lot of mushing stuff together, and it seemed pretty cool. There was a bunch of different smelling stuff in here, some sweet and some bitter scents interlaced. It was almost like a perfume to him.
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet (NPC)
Mike

POSTED: Wed May 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Optime | Day | Feb? | Clinic

Sorry for the wait!
Word Count:

Avinalora finished answering the pup's questions without him interrupting her. That was good. Either he was well-trained, or he was pausing to take a breath. Either way it was good. But then he launched even more questions. Curious was good, and pups were often curious. The vixen was lucky that she was good at multi-tasking or this would take long.

"Willow is for pain." The fox maiden stated as she finished the mix. Getting out a pencil and a scrap of paper, she scribbled "Wound poultice. Contains Aloe, Arnica, Birch, Goldenrod, Marigold, and Willow". And then she attatched it to the jar of poultice and put it on the shelf that she designated for mixtures. There wasn't harm in doing more.

"Are you in pain?" The winter wraith asked. And then she stated "If you eat an herb without the healer telling you to, you'll die." The was a gross exaggeration, but it might keep the kid from eating herbs. All she needed was for someone else to die. And, it would keep the kid safe. She didn't want to scare him, though fear kept people alive.

"Sure." The ghostly jackal said in response to the question. She didn't really understand why the hybrid was asking that, though she wouldn't say no. She just hoped that he wouldn't expect playdates and stuff. The waif began pulling out another jar containing burnet, another containing chamomile, one with lamb's ear, a jar of ragwort, and some ragweed. She would make something to give people strength and energy.

The child also introduced himself as Besekel. The fox-tailed female just nodded as she began taking out the leaves of the different herbs and beginning to crush them with her mortar and pestle. She began working to make the burnet leaves into pulp before scraping it out into a jar. Then she started on the chamomile. Then Bes asked her an important question.

What is a healer?" The monochrome fox didn't know how to explain it to a pup. She didn't actually think of what her duty was other than to heal. The jackal paused and turned to the child. "A healer makes people feel better." That's all she could think of.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:33 am

For as matter-o-factly as this woman talked, the healer lady was actually quite nice. It might've been something in her tone of voice, but the lady seemed very understanding towards Besekel. Though she was also very direct, which took the pup by surprise, usually having to form his own answers and opinions when talking to his parents. It seemed as if not a second was wasted upon this woman. The mix watched strangely mute as Avinalora finished up with that poultice and scribbled some things down. He watched the healer slap paper to the jar and put it up out of reach, before she began talking to him again.

"No.." he said in reply to her question, wondering if he was beginning to annoy the thin woman. And then when Avinalora talked about he could die by eating stuff was where Bes got a little darker in his expression. "O-Oh.." he said quite plainly at first, before staring at the edge of the table in front of his face. "D-Did.. My sisser eat in here? Dad said that she died, an she can't come bak cause of that." He looked rather glum at the thought of it, sadly tracing the grooves of the wood with his eyes. But when Avi said that she would be his friend, the little pup's emotions did a full 180 as he looked up with glee.

"R-Really? Yay!" he chimed, hopping off the table's leg and prancing around in a circle. He had made his first friend, and they seemed like a really nice person too. He was happy that he choose this tall person to be his new buddy. With a whizzing tail, Bes took in a deep breath as Avinalora crunched up a few more plants in that stone bowl of hers, emitting various smells into the room. He was sure to wipe the dumb look of joy from his face as the healer explained what she did. "Makes peeple feel better, huh.." he said aloud, the little cogs in his head churning.

Suddenly the boy became very still, and sat on his haunches as he looked up at the older Anatheman. "Miss Lora." he said with sudden clarity, even though he mistook the latter part of her name for a last name. "Can you teach me to be a healer?" An intensity that wasn't fit for a puppy burned in his mismatched eyes as Besekel asked his question, staring up at the person he decided to admire. "I-I... I wanna help make people feel better." he said, with a spunky amount of determination for someone so young. He might've had just enough flame to go through with it.
Casa di Cavalieri
Second Cadet (NPC)
Mike

POSTED: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:13 am

Avinalora
  • Word Count: [277]
  • Date: Feb
  • Time: Day
  • Form: Optime
OOC

Avinalora hadn't meant for the conservation to take this turn as Besekel mentioned his sister, Song. The child of Nyx that died too early, too soon. She couldn't imagine how it would feel if she lost Adrian. And he was so young, too young to truly understand the concept of death. The vixen tried to not let it down her as she replied, "No, she didn't come in here." The healer felt like she should say more, but she didn't know what to say. So, she agreed to a friendship.

The thing about pups were that sometimes, they changed so suddenly. The fox maiden didn't know if the wolf-dog had any other pups to play with now. He danced around and a smile pulled at her lips. She was raised by only Adree and she didn't often play with other pups. And when there were pups, they avoided her. The winter wraith knew how it felt to not have that many friends.

The ghostly jackal never had anyone call her "Miss Lora". Did the pup understand the concept of names and that some people didn't have them? She remembered when Luna didn't understand the concept of last names for a bit. The pup asked to be a healer. The jackal thought quickly. Not everyone could be a healer, but the child was curious. She noticed the intensity that he spoke in, something that a pup didn't normally have. And he seemed determined. The fox-tailed female could take on an apprentice, too.

Th monochrome fox smiled and said, "I'll make sure that you will as my apprentice." She said before saying, "I'll teach you to become a healer."

"Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me!

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Unsplash.com

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

Dead Topics