(J) Learning Curve

POSTED: Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Your Character's Desired Tier (if known): Ambassador
Your Character's cNPCs or yNPCs (if applicable): N/A
Your Character's Animal NPCs: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&un=Discordant

A whoosh of air, a thudding of paws on hard dirt, a squeal of terror, tore through the quiet air of the early morning. Discordant crouched over his kill, the limp, snow-white rabbit hanging from his jaws as he rose his head, ears pricked for any sound they could pick up. His ice-blue eyes pierced the landscape as he scoured the nearby stone hills for any sign of the fox that had been tailing him since the tundra.

It was an annoying little thing; always yapping happily about something or another, simply joyful to find someone to air his boundless energy to. Despite Discordant's irritable snaps toward the vulpine a few times, the fox simply danced away and kept his distance for a while before the cycle began anew.

The whelp even had the gall to snatch scraps of meat from Discordant's kills, like a particularly annoying vulture. Discordant was sure that if he had the mind to, he could beat the whelp in a chase, and teach the damnable vulpine a lesson in respecting his betters, but Discordant was simply too lazy to bother with the hunt of the fox. It was beneath him to even bother paying attention to the whelp; why should he bother hunting it down and killing it for being annoying?

When Discordant was satisfied the surroundings were clear, he crouched once more to tear at the rabbit's meat, gulping it down in fluffy white chunks splattered in red. The meat was stringy and tough, likely from the rabbit's daily exercise making most of the meat muscle; but it was better than nothing. Discordant found that hunting elk was much, much harder to do alone than with an entire pack of wolves behind him.

Which was why he was even in this canis-forsaken land of stark gray rock, to begin with. He had heard of a pack willing to take in outcasts and troublemakers -surely if he would fit in anywhere, it would be there. So he had headed to this mountainous valley, where the scent line of their territory began. He had made sure to kill the rabbit outside of their scent line, though -he knew stealing prey would not be taken to kindly by the wolves of this pack.

He finished the rabbit and stood, stretching out his paws in front of him, letting a shiver flutter through his entire body as he stretched. Then he straightened up and padded over to the scent line, keeping at least a tails-length between him and the line. Rust and salt were the primary scents that stung his nose, as well as earth and must. The wolves of this pack must live in the caves, for the scent to be so strongly of salt and earth. Great, more rocky terrain. Well, it wasn't like he could afford to be picky...

Discordant snorted to himself. The old pack was beneath him, anyway. This pack would certainly hold no weaklings, he was sure. If they invited outcasts and troublemakers welcomingly, then they knew the power of strength and were not afraid of it. Surely this could be a new start for him? Or at least, be fun for a little while. If they were as bad as his old pack, he could always leave.

He flicked his ears and sat on his haunches, prepared to wait a while.

SilverPhantom
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:16 pm

A silver figure rode on a grey mare. The figure was tiny, delicate-looking, and very petite. She didn't look like many of the creatures around 'Souls with her features. She had large ears that dominated her head that would have made her seem coyote-like if her muzzle had tappered, which it didn't. She had a long foxlike tail that lashed angrily in the air. She had a narrow face and seemed very skinny, even for a jackal.

She had silver fur that was a misty hue. It was abnormal for a jackal as she seemed to be a very high-content hybrid judging by her almost pure looks. Her fur was a moonbeam hue that came from the small drops of wolf blood in her genes. She had the jackal saddle that came from her mixed heritage. It ran from the back of her ears, running along her back, and then stopped at her tail. It ended in a white tail tip. The saddle had black specked through it. She had one green eye.

She wore clothes even in this time because of her extremely short coat that was meant for the desert, not Nova Scotia. She wore a light grey long-sleeved shirt under a black leather jacket. The jacket was very intricate as it had a cloth inside that provided her with a lot of warm. She also wore a pair of jeans that were modified for Luperci use. A leather satchel hung from her shoulder and she wore a necklace that had a wooden moon-shaped pendant hanging from the cord. Attached to the back of the saddle was a small cane.

A bandage wrapped around the left side of her face, obscuring a grisly wound. Under the cloth were four claw marks slashed over an empty eye socket. Her left leg was also held stiffly and muffled swears were issued whenever the horse jolted.

Well, Avinalora was in a lot of pain. She didn't know why her left leg was hurting her so much, but she had patients to attend to as people were starting to get sick. She was worried as several had gotten sick so far and none of them were starting to get better with her treatments. And she still had the injury she had received and it was still hurting her. The vixen didn't know what she had done to anger Fate. She hoped that Moirai might be able to appease her brother, though Fate had shown in the past that he wouldn't listen to his sister. Screw him.

But, the fox maiden needed to go out for herbs. But, she couldn't shift and her leg hurt a lot. So, she got Ellwyn from the stables to ride. But as she rode towards the border, the wind blew a scent towards her. A masculine wolfish scent that carried the smell of blood, prey blood on it. The waif directed the mare towards the stranger. She was of high rank and if this was a joiner, she had been in his footstep twice and thought that she was more than capable of handling a joiner. And she had a horse, cane, and her pack mates if this turned ugly. The healer felt a jolt of pain and took the willow again, not stopping the horse. She was probably an expert at taking medicine in certain situations such as this.

The stranger was in Lupus and was a wolf. He was large and had dark fur with lighter markings. He smelled of fresh blood, rabbit blood. She wondered if he ever thought of bringing it as an offering for the pack. But she hadn't so he shouldn't be expected to. She looked at him with every ounce of authority she had in her diminutive body. The jackal had the upper hand being on a horse but she shoved her ears forward and her long tail stilled and was held up.

"You have reached the borders of Anathema." The moon-washed medic stated firmly, but added a. She scented him carefully, seeing if he had any sickness. If he did, she could turn him away. She was a doctor and therefore had a bit more edge over most people when screening people.

"State your purpose." The monochrome fox added after a slight pause.

Sorry for the wait and long replyWORD COUNT

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:59 am

Hoofbeats in the distance caused Discordant's ears to perk up. Saliva filled his mouth as he imagined a giant, juicy elk, ready to tear into. The hoofbeats drew closer, and Discordant tore himself from his fantasy and focused. He had to be ready for any wolf to come by and challenge him.

Over the rise came a silver figure on a gray mare. The figure was tiny and was dwarfed by the larger mare she sat upon. As the two came closer, Discordant realized the figure was wearing a gray shirt with a black jacket over the top of it, as well as jeans. A whuff of air escaped him as he contemplated the tiny figure.

Her facial features presented her as a mix between wolf, coyote, and jackal, with large ears and a long snout. Discordant noted the bandage over one of the Luperci's eyes, signifying a life harder than her petite features suggested. A leather satchel hung along the side of her, thrown over her shoulder, and a cane was strapped alongside the horse.

Discordant sniffed the air, bringing forth the now-familiar scent of rust and earth, along with some herbal scent that he couldn't place. Perhaps a tree or bush of some sort? He suspected the jackal before him was a healer of some sort. Certainly, it must be so, for if the other warriors of this pack were as... underwhelming... as this, then perhaps he would be better of somewhere else.

But it mattered not now, for the she-jackal was speaking, informing him that he had reached the borders of her pack -Anathema, she called it. Then she demanded he state his business. Discordant paused for a moment to collect his thoughts. How best to present himself?

"I come to present myself to the leader of this infamous pack, that I may join your ranks." Discordant decided to start out simple, and wait for her to present information before he did.

SilverPhantom
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:46 am

OOC Here
Word Count → 243

This guy obviously didn't know proper joining etiquette. She knew that the proper etiquette was to show some submission, and there was none coming from this man. Her eye narrowed even further as she looked down on him. She didn't know if she should correct the behavior or ask the questions. The vixen thought that she should correct his behavior since it was the right thing to do. And then he demanded a leader.

"First of all, a joiner should be showing submission to any member; first impressions are key, you know." The fox maiden stated briskly with a slight sarcastic drawl. She emphasized on any since she wasn't the most high-ranking member, and probably the smallest. She didn't know if the wolf was being rude or was just young, but she would correct this behavior first. The waif would wait for the proper behavior to be shown, and then she would call a leader and ask the questions while she was waiting.

"And I should at least know your name before I call for a leader." The moon-washed medic said, looking down at the man. She would note this act of disrespect to any of the leaders since it could be a sign of something. She scented him again, making sure that he wasn't sick. If he was, she could turn away this disrespectful youth.

The monochrome fox waited for an answer, her eye narrowed and her tail and ears held high.

Photo Credit

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:24 pm

Discordant realized his mistake immediately, and dropped down into a submissive crouch, his tail dropping, and ears pulling back. Inside, he was boiling, hating every moment of this submissive act. He was not a natural submissive at all, but the female was right -he was the one asking to join, not the other way around.

"Forgive my disrespect, I forgot myself for a moment. I hope you don't think less of me for my distraction," he said smoothly. He paused as the she-jackal asked after his name.

"I am Discordant, son of Adagio and Cavatina," he spoke respectfully, keeping his head lowered and not directly meeting the woman's eyes. To stare her in the eyes would be an act of disrespect or challenge.

He noted her sniffing the air again, and wondered what she was looking for. Perhaps there was danger about, or, if she was a healer, looking for... sickness? If so, she wouldn't find it on Discordant. He was a strong wolf and hadn't had any contact with a diseased animal or stream -yet.

SilverPhantom
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:47 pm

The man immediately dropped down into a submissive crouch which made Avinalora almost smile as she saw him drop from his high horse. She knew that posturing was key to first impressions, but when one was joining a pack, they had to show they could respect their pack mates. The male apologized, which was a good sign to the vixen. He could realize his mistakes and apologize, which was something that some people couldn't do. She nodded in satisfaction.

And then the fox maiden let out a shrieking howl, calling for a leader. She sounded shrill, but she hoped that high pitch would at least hurt the wolf's ears. She was proud of her howl, it was unique to the normal howls. Adrian's howl was more coyote-like and apish, but hers was like a banshee cry.

The man introduced himself as Discordant and said the name of his parents. The winter wraith's ears flicked in slight annoyance. Her parents had abandoned her at birth for whatever stupid reason they had. And Adree had taken her in. If her parents had a last name, she would never take it. The waif didn't consider her to be her parents' child to be honest, they hadn't claimed her, so she wouldn't claim them as her parents.

"While we're waiting, I have some mandatory questions to ask you." The moon-washed maiden said. The questions weren't exactly mandatory, or at least she didn't know if they were. But, she hoped the mandatory would prompt answers from him. He said that he wanted to present himself to a leader, but she would make sure he would answer to the Volac.

"What can you offer to Anathema?" The monochrome fox asked.

Wooo
Word Count: 284

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Discordant noted the amusement flash through the woman's eyes, and inwardly cursed her for it. This better not be the norm, or he would find himself a new pack, desperate or not. He was the one to have fun, not the other way around. Discordant kept his thoughts to himself, though, not wishing to ruin his chances of joining the pack.

When the she-jackal raised her head and howled, it took all of Discordant's strength not to burst out laughing right then and there. It was so... puppy-ish! High pitched and youthful, the howl rang through the air, likely signaling a leader to come forth. Satisfaction jolted through Discordant. If she was calling a leader, it meant good things for him.

He noted the flicker of annoyance through the woman when he mentioned his parents, and wondered if he should have left them out of his introduction, but no matter. What had been said, had already been said. He couldn't take it back now, even if he wanted to. He was proud of his father, though, despite his untimely passing. His mother... well, the less that was said of her, the better. But, she had made him so she was good for something, at least.

Discordant flicked his ears as the she-jackal told him he had mandatory questions to answer. Well then. He'd preferred to speak directly to a leader, but this would do for now. Soon he'd rise to a respectable position within the pack, and everyone would have to show him the proper respect due to a wolf of his grandeur.

"I am a strong wolf, able to fight and hunt," he began. "Though I prefer to spend my time in my Lupus form, I'm an able fighter in all three of my forms. But my true talents lie in knowing my way around people. I know how to get the information I want from others, and I'm not afraid of using that information for gain."

SilverPhantom
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:22 pm

[000] ooc text here

The ice hued warrior was another one that was small in stature, she had a youthful appearance and petite features despite the many scars that riddled her slender body, and she was coated in a fine layer of toned muscle from her near three years of constant training in the art of combat, she was well versed in the feral fighting style, as she could do it effectively in both of her four legged forms, but in Optime she was deadly, having mastered more than one type of martial arts, as well as single and dual wielding, and she carried with her her dual fangs, a pair of foot long twin daggers strapped to a leather belt, this being the only clothing adorning the winter warrior's pelt.

Nyx was going about her rounds of the border, prepared to drive out any loners that felt it necessary to intrude upon the territory this day, as well as making sure there were no dangerous or sick animals around. There was a sickness spreading across Anathema and Nyx would not have it growing worse if she could do anything to help it. While she was out, the five foot tall warrior heard a high pitched call from the borders, signalling a need for one of Anathemas leadership to heed the call and go to it's origin, and Nyx obliged.

It wasn't until the snow hued warrior was nearly there that she actually stopped to think about who the only person that that howl could have belonged to was, it must have been the tiny silver healer, the one who'd gotten her eye ripped out by Nyx in a moment of blind rage and panic, and Nyx's heart skipped a beat as the healer came into view, but now wasn't the time for fumbling apologies or grovelling, Nyx needed to be a leader, as there appeared to be a male looking to join their pack. "A-Avinalora..." The warrior spoke softly, avoiding looking up at the damage she had inflicted upon the fox maiden's face.

Her face appeared gentle, but the stance of the Optime female was dominant, almost challenging, her eyes directed down at the submissively postured male before them. "And w-who is this...?" She spoke, the guilt of the situation making it difficult for the warrior to remain composed, but she did nonetheless.

Image (c) davebloggs007 | Texture: InterRose | Table by Sammiie

Nyx

Nyx
The Order
The Pyre
Corie
Luperci Mate to Lukos Bound by blood, never alone.

POSTED: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:46 pm

ß

Discordant looked up as a newcomer trotted onto the scene. It was another small Luperci, this one five feet, colored white and cream. Her pelt, for it was a female, was riddled with scars, evident of a tumultuous life of war. Two foot-long daggers hung from a leather belt at either side of her waist. This was the only clothing the she-wolf was wearing, the rest of her covered with fur.

The she-wolf seemed nervous around the jackal. She stammered out a greeting to the she-jackal, speaking her name into the air: Avinalora. Discordant noted the piece of information, and stowed the name for later use. Then the she-wolf addressed him, asking who he was. Still in a submissive form, he spoke calmly, but wondering if the pack was filled with small Luperci like the two diminutive females before him. If so, a large, strong wolf like himself may be welcomed into the pack easily.

"I am Discordant, a wolf previously of the Da Capo pack. I left because of a disagreement with the new leader, and have been looking for a new pack, since," Discordant spoke.

As Discordant waited for the she-wolf to speak, a noise behind him caused the large, coal-black wolf to turn around in alarm, a growl rising in his throat. But it was just the same fox that had been following him before. It bounded out from behind a rock, its tail waving happily behind it.

It was a small arctic fox, with poofy, snow-colored fur, and had dark brown eyes. "Hi, hi, hi! That rabbit was yummy! Thanks for the meal, my big friend-o! It was... scrumptious!" The fox had paused for a moment to come up with the right wording. "Oh, isn't it a great day out? I was thinking-" he broke off, tail bristling as he noticed the two Luperci behind Discordant.

"Dude!" he breathed. "Back away slowly, there's some scarred she-wolves behind ya! They might attack!"

Discordant rolled his eyes at the annoying little fluffball, and let out a small snarl. "How many times have i told you to get lost, irritant?!

"Dawww, you don't really mean that, do ya, friend-o?" the fox said, letting an innocent smile grace his face.

Discordant bared his teeth at the hyper fox. No! How many times do I have to tell you 'no' before it sinks into your thick skull?! he snarled, then glanced at the two women behind him, embarrassed in front of the new pack he was trying to join.

Discordant's nerves were strung-out, and he was tensed, ready to tear into the fox for daring to interupt his meeting with the Anatheman wolves. "Get lost!" he hissed angrily at the fox.

ß
Addressed: Nyx, unnamed fox
Mentioned: Avinalora
Mood: Irritated
Word Count: 478
Notes: isn't my fox so cuuuute?!
ß
"Speech" - 'Thoughts' - "Other's Speech"
ß
Table Example by Phynix
Created by SilverPhantom

SilverPhantom
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Sorry for the wait!
Word Count → 429

Avinalora scented Nyx before she saw her. The woman had been the one to rip out her left eye, but the vixen didn't hold her responsible for the injury. It had been her fault for following her instincts, not the warrior's. So, she dipped her head in respect to the sub-leader. She would show Discordant how to respect superiors. Her tail lowered a fraction along with her ears. To her satisfaction, the man remained submissive. The woman seemed awkward around the healer, but the she paid no mind. They had more important matters to attend to.

The fox maiden was about to introduce the wolf when he cut her off. She just glared at him as he shared more information with the Malphas. He had disagreed with the alpha of his original pack, which raised a flag for her. The medic just nodded before she provided the rest of the information. She quoted the wolf in verbatim on his skill set. The part about him using the gained information was something she particularly quoted, as it seemed a bit of a flag-raised for her.

"Discordant says that he is a fighter and hunter, Malphas Nyx." The pale physician said, referring to the snowy fighter with her title, and then emphasized on the next sentence. "He says that 'his true talents lie in knowing his way around people and knowing how to get the information he want from others, and he isn't afraid to use the information for gain'" She said, putting air quotes around his quotation.

And then a scent crossed the air that smelled like a fox, but was as different as Spencer's scent compared to Garrett's. A pretty white fox came into view and the winter wraith couldn't stop a smile from appearing on her face. She like foxes and had three fox wards. The white fox seemed all joyful before he noticed the two Anathemans. The waif was about to say that she meant no harm when the newcomer addressed the fox rudely, telling him to leave. That made her blood boil as she saw the fox threatened. She slid down from the horse, gritting her teeth as both her leg and her face pained her, but she was more mad at the guy than worried about pain.

"He will leave on his own terms." The monochrome fox stated firmly towards the black wolf. And then she turned to the fox. "You are welcome to stay in Anathema if you wish; we have several foxes here." She said warmly before glaring again at the rude male.

Stand in the rain, you won't drown

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

Dead Topics