[m] you look so precious

POSTED: Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:15 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

The sickness had become an obvious truth as he watched many of his packmates fall ill. He prayed for them constantly, much more often than he prayed for himself. He did not have any symptoms and thus he was not worried about contracting disease. When he was not with his infant daughter, Kassius immersed himself in keeping the cavern clinic in order. Doing so served a couple of functions; it took his mind off the constant, nagging worry he held for his tiny child and her mother, and it made him feel useful, as if he had the smallest amount of control over the dire situation that had befallen them all.

Thinking of fresh air and a drink, Kassius departed the clinic, stopping by his room to grab his flask. He carried the flask with him towards the mouth of the caverns, bringing it to his lips and taking a swig every few steps until he reached the entrance. There, he discovered a sight so alarming that he lost his grip on the flask, which landed on the ground and dispersed its amber contents into the earth.

Oh, fuck, he spurted, both because of the loss of liquor, and because of the silver-white form which lay unconscious just outside of the caverns, right at his feet. Forgetting the flask, Kassius leaned over and cupped Avinalora's face with one paw, gently but awkwardly scratching the fur upon her cheek. Hey, Avinalora? he spoke, his voice a few levels louder than his usual soft timbre. His eyes darted across her crumpled form, landing upon the bandage placed over the left eye area. Kassius marveled at this, enjoying the potentially gory sight, whilst simultaneously wondering what the hell had happened to the tiny jackal.

Kassius kept one hand resting on her cheek, giving her a few soft shakes to see if he could get a response. If not... well, he would just have to carry her.

Last edited by Kassius Grim on Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Killi

POSTED: Mon Apr 24, 2017 12:55 am

You can PP carrying Avi to her house!
Word Count → 615

A small figure walked out of the caverns. She was tiny, fragile-looking, and skinny. She was very small, a very short specimen of jackal. Despite being so small, she had long legs and a lean body. She had graceful features, a long muzzle that didn't taper like a coyote's and a pair of long ears. She had a long, bushy, foxlike tail that almost touched the ground when she walked. The tail whipped and lashed as she walked.

She had light silver fur, almost white in color. The color was abnormal for a jackal, especially for one that seemed as pure-blooded as she seemed to be, but there was wolf-a very small bit of wolf blood-running through her veins. A grizzled saddle ran down her back, an attribute given to her from the mix of black-backed and side-striped jackal breeding. The grey saddle had black hairs running through the grey. She had a green eye.

She wore a lot of clothing, even in a supposedly warm time. A light grey long-sleeved shirt was worn under a black leather jacket. The jacket was intricate: it was black leather on the outside and had black cloth on the inside. She also wore a pair of jeans that was obviously modified for Luperci use. She also wore a necklace that was a wooden crescent moon.

A bandage covered the left side of her face. It hid disfiguring scars across an empty eye socket. She also seemed more skinny than normal, if one could see beneath her clothing, they would have seen that she looked as though she hadn't eaten in weeks. She also carried a cane that she put most of the weight that would have been on her left leg. She limped and seemed bit shaky as she walked.

Avinalora didn't remember the last time she had slept or eaten. She had been busy taking care of the ill. She had been bringing them strengthening herbs, herbs to alleviate their suffering, and to try and heal whatever they had. When she wasn't attending to the ill, she was out collecting herbs or making teas for the ill. The vixen had been working herself ragged caring for the ill.

The fox maiden didn't even care if she over-worked herself or got even sicker. She hadn't been eating and her leg hurt a lot. She felt like she deserved this, after all she had brought Elva into Anathema. The woman had been throwing up and wasn't eating because of an abortion gone wrong, but what if the loner had been sick and the waif had brought the sickness to her pack? She may have been responsible for several deaths!

The winter wraith was weak from the sickness, she hadn't been eating much, she had barely been sleeping at all, and she didn't actually remember the last time she had any water (that was probably yesterday). So, it came to no surprise that she had passed out. The jackal crumpled not far from the caverns entrance, her cane falling beside her and her body hitting the dirt.

The moon-washed maiden lay limp, not responding at all as Kassius tried to wake her up. She was unconscious, her body's way of telling her that she couldn't keep herself going with pain medication and sips of strengthening tea that barely did anything. She wasn't as strong as she wished that she was.

The monochrome fox had been through much in her short life. And she had been pushing herself past her limits. She couldn't keep on going with barely any rest, food, or water. She needed to take care of herself, even if she didn't want, or didn't think she had to.

Stand in the rain, you won't drown

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:17 pm

I left where he set her down vague so that you can decide where he puts her. Also, I apologize for the wet noodle reference. :0

The slow rise and fall of her torso assured Kassius that the emaciated woman was still alive, but when she did not respond to his prodding, he wasted no more time. She needed help, and she needed shelter. As her pack mate it was his duty to get her to safety and to do whatever he could to aide her.

Kassius slipped one hand under the nape of her neck, the other snaking beneath her knees. It was effortless to lift her; she lay in his arms like a little wet noodle. Still, he brought her close to his chest, aware that he would have to run in order to get her to safety as soon as possible, and hoping the support of his sturdy chest would keep her from jostling around too much. He sped off.

Having been a member of Anathema for several months now, the Dasa knew where most of the Anathemans lived, including Avinalora. By the time they reached Thackary Village his breath came in gasps due to the near sprinted pace he had used to get her there. He had been trying to determine whether to take her to the clinic or to her house, and at last decided upon the latter. When she awoke, she would probably be more comfortable in her own home. He could always go to the clinic to fetch someone if the girl needed more aid than he was capable of giving her.

Kassius slipped through the entryway of Avinalora's home, at last. There, he set her down, panting heavily, and no doubt absolutely fumigating her with alcohol tainted breath.

Killi

POSTED: Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:45 pm

Avinalora
"The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell"
Optime | Day | April | Avi's house

Kass can try stopping her
Word Count:

Avinalora awoke on the ratty thing they called a couch. It was really a long chair they had scavenged and piled furs on it to be a resting area. The house was empty; all of the inhabitants were either sick or helping. She seemed as though she was still sleeping, blinking slowly and not really processing anything. She took a second to figure out where she was, smelling the familiar scent of her home was new; she had been basically living in the clinics since the sickness started. The vixen then processed the stench of alcohol, something that normally wasn't in the house since none of the inhabitants drank beer very often. And then she recognized the owner of the scent. But the real question was what was she doing in her house? She remembered leaving the clinic, but didn't remember coming here.

"What the hell am I doing here?" The fox maiden said, pushing herself up and looking around with her good eye. She saw the black and white form of Kassius. She fixed the Dasa with a cold stare. Did he bring her here? Why was she here? She had patients to attend to and things to do! The waif couldn't be sleeping on a couch, the clock was ticking.

The winter wraith didn't know why she was moving slower. She didn't think she needed rest, or maybe she thought that she didn't deserve it. Both were true in the jackal's mind. She thought that maybe if she pushed herself, she may be able to work hard enough to redeem herself for the damages she thought she caused.

The moon-washed maiden wanted to get back to the clinics. There were only four trained medics in Anathema, and she was one of the most qualified. She was a master herbalist and had an almost encyclopedic knowledge of herbs. Her pack needed her, especially in this time. The desert fox didn't care for her own well-being anymore, she only care about her pack's.

The monochrome fox began pushing herself up, trying to get back on her feet. She moved shakily and was slow at trying to get herself up. She managed to get to seated position.

Image | Background | Table by Andi

Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Mon May 08, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:00 am

The husky mutt set her down gently and removed his arms from beneath her. It did not seem like enough to just put her down and wait, and so Kassius began to pick up some of the pelts strewn across the couch and slowly cover her with them. He was no medic, but he knew that disease likely meant that she was abnormally cold and feverish. Regardless, covering her seemed like the nice thing to do.

Just as he was laying down the last of the furs needed to cover her completely -- save for her head, of course -- the petite young woman began to stir. Kassius dropped the pelt over her and took a few steps back, allotting her with space. Because he barely knew her, Kassius felt awkward enough being in her home while she slept, and guessed that she would not be pleased to wake up with a strange male hovering above her, innocent as his intentions were.

As it turned out, she woke up displeased, anyway.

She seemed extremely dazed as she fumbled around before weakly lifting herself into a seated position. the venom in her retort came as a shock to the wolfdog, who had not been expecting such vinegar and attitude from such a tiny little canine. Hoping to show her some empathy, Kassius spoke in a soft, gentle tone of voice, aware that she was quite disoriented. She had a right to be.

"You passed out right outside the caverns," he explained, approaching her and placing a large hand-paw upon her shoulder. He applied light pressure, hoping to convey the fact that she absolutely needed to stay put and rest. "You, uh, you should lie down, Avinalora. You're really sick." His concern was apparent in his words and tone.

It was fortunate that the little woman was such a practised medic, because Kassius had no idea how to treat the ill. A small smile appeared on his velveteen lips, the intention being to convince her that it was okay for her to be still and let him help. "What can I get for you? I don't know jack-shit about herbs, or healing. Or anything." He reached to his neck with the black-and-white hand previously placed upon the silver girl's spindly shoulder, and gave his own nape a nervous scratch. He could not forsee where this encounter was headed. It was a good thing that he had taken a few shots before landing into this bizarre situation.

Killi

POSTED: Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:32 am

Avinalora
"The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell"

OOC here
Word Count:

Avinalora's head tilted slightly as Kassius told her what had happened. She passed out? The vixen shrugged it off quickly. She had some rest now, all ten minutes of it and she was fine now. She didn't have an appetite (the illness was good for something), but her leg and face was beginging to pain her (she really had to get the muscel pains along with her already injured face?), and she didn't feel like she use to. But, the waif thought that if she persevered through this and maybe got her pack better, she could atone for her sins. She would heal her pack, or die trying.

The Dasa put his hand on the fox maiden's shoulder, urging her to get some rest. She didn't have the time to sleep. Her pack was sick and people were dying. She didn't need to sleep, she needed to help her pack mates. The jackal pushed weakly against the male's grip. She was fine now, she had her rest. But she needed to get back to the clinic.

"I've had my rest, now I need to get back to the clinic." The winter wraith protested against the wolfdog's hold. She knew that if she was too weak to break free of his hold, she was probably too weak to get back to work. But the thought of her pack falling like Midnight Shores scared her, and she didn't think she'd survive another downfall.

The man asked if the moon-washed maiden needed herbs, but then added that he didn't know anything about herbs. By then, the herbalist had given up on fighting his grip and chose to stare up at the hybrid with mixed looks. She looked at him with a "don't fucking try me" look mixed with a really pissed off look and a patented bitch face.

The monochrome fox picked a bottle out of her pocket and said "The herbalist always carries herbs with her." She said before taking a dose. "See, I'm fine now."

Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Mon May 08, 2017 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:06 am

He could feel her fight and squirm against his touch. He did not know her, and therefore did not understand why she was rebelling so fervently against his help. By her extremely thin body, and by her general weakness, Kassius did not doubt that she had been toiling restlessly in the clinic, caring for the sick, whilst wasting away herself. Although the Grim boy was impressed by her humility and service to others in need, he worried about her lack of concern for herself.

Still, her reactions were not anticipated.

Kassius ceased scratching the nape of his neck and moved his paw to his chin, clasping it between his fingers and rubbing nervously, mint green eyes downcast. He was at a loss. He could not physically force her to stay if she was truly hell-bent upon getting up and going back to her work. The most he could do was try to convince her that her circumstance was dire.

"Uh..." he stammered, continuing to rub the soft fur along his chin and jaw. You -- you really should stay here. I think, um, I think that you need to eat something. Drink some water," He motioned to the bottle from which she had taken a dose of some kind of medication. "I'm sure what you have there will help you, but... but I don't think medicine is enough." He paused, still averting his gaze from the angered green eye that stared back at him.

"I can stay here with you and get you whatever you need. Or... I can go get somebody else?" It would hurt his feelings if she chose the latter option, but Kassius knew that his feelings were not the important subject here. Avinalora's health was, and she deserved to be comfortable, even if that meant shooing him and his help away. "I mean... You could die. Then you wouldn't be able to help anybody. Y'know?"

Killi

POSTED: Sun May 07, 2017 8:54 pm

Avinalora
"The fear of falling apart"

OOC here
Word Count:

Kassius expressed concern, telling Avinalora that she should eat. A slight huff escaped her. Didn't he know that people with the sicknees lost their apetite? He wasn't sick, but he stunk of alcohol. Her ears flattened against her head and she still glared at him. If the wolfdog didn't watch out, he might get the same treatment the asshat, Lyserg got. A punch to the face.

"People with the illness lose their appetite." The fox maiden stated in a dead-panning tone. She honestly didn't are if she didn't eat. It was actually a blessing in disguise. She could focus on her patients and not the hunger. And she knew that prey died from the sickness and could be infected. So, the vixen didn't eat.

And then the Dasa said that he didn't think that medicine wasn't enough. The winter wraith knew that, so she rolled her eyes. She knew that medicine didn't solve all problems. But, it kept her going. And helped to keep the sick people going. The jackal made sure to collect her own medicines on her own. "Do you think a healer wouldn't know that?"

And then the man asked if he should get someone. Everyone was busy with others. And even if any of the other healers were available, she wouldn't let him get someone. They were too busy. And she was a healer and could fix herself. Or that's what she told herself. She would be fine. "Everyone is too busy with actual patients."

And then the mint-eyed man said that if the monochrome fox didn't take care of herself, she might die. And then her patience ended. "Don't you think I already know that!? I brought the sickness to Anathema when I brought that wretch here! So if I die, that would just be karma paying me a visit that is months overdue!"

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:14 pm

many apologies for taking so long <3

He was not sick, so he wasn't aware of the symptoms caused by the plague. So, when Avi said that those infected had no appetite, he widened his eyes and froze for a brief second. Oh, he staggered, I didn't know that. It would be hard, but, you know, you might want to try to eat-- But he was cut off by another irritated and rough statement thrown his way by the pale wraith. To this he said nothing, his ears flickering backward in sadness and loss of hope.

Her statements came progressively more angrily, each one more heated than the last. But he was quite surprised that she did not ask him to leave, instead insisting that all others were probably dealing with the sickness, just as they were.

And her final words completely threw Kassius off, startling him such that his tail lowered and he flinched a little. His white brow spots grew closer together in mangled confusion. He knew faintly of the speckled dog, or wolfdog, who had joined them recently, but he knew not of the female's origin or her story of joining Anathema. Assuming that this was the individual Avinalora indicated, he tried to put the pieces together. It was possible that Mystery had brought the plague to their pack, and if so it would be a heavy burden for anyone to bear. He pitied Avinalora for this reason, but he also knew that anything and anyone leaving and returning from the pack could have been the spark of the plague within Anathema.

His eyes softened. Hey, anything could've started this. Rats, prey, or any of us coming and going. He paused. Doesn't mean you should, uh, starve yourself and let yourself die. It was poorly explained but Kassius was not a man of elegant speech. There was judgement in the latter part of his words, as if he thought her stupid for intentionally denying herself food, water, and treatment, which he honestly did.

What had been on his mind the entire time, however, was the little bottle of medicine which the little woman had taken. His eyes roved to and from the bottle throughout their conversation and his addict mind longed to know what it was. Finding within himself no aversion to asking her about it -- if it meant getting high -- he proceeded with, Hey what's that stuff you're taking? Does it... give you a buzz? A wry smile formed on his lips.

Killi

POSTED: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:43 am

"I can't eat." Avinalora deadpanned. She crossed her arms in front of her body. She wasn't hungry and looking at food made her nauseaus. Her ears flicked back in irritation. Her eye was just starting to burn with a green flame. "And looking at it makes e nauseas. Save it for people who actually need it." The vixen said bitterly as she glared at him She knew she was being mean, but she didn't care anymore.

And then Kassius said that it could have been anything and the ghostly jackal shouldn't starve herself. "And you, the warrior knows more about the sickness than me, the healer? She said, her voice sharp as an icicle and cold as ice. Her tail lashed as she was close to just walking out. "And I'm not starving myself, I'm simply deciding that there are people that actually want and need the food." The winter wraith said.

And then the wolfdog asked if the moon-washed medic was getting high or something on the willow. Her eyebrow raised slightly before replying. "My eye got ripped out and my leg is in pain. This is for pain management and no it doesn't give me a buzz." The monochrome fox said in a deadpan.

Sorry for the wait!WORD COUNT

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

Dead Topics