★ Joining ★ Into a psychedelic silhouette ★

Avinalora & Leadership

POSTED: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:09 am

Stay in the shadows
Cheer at the gallows
OOC The witch-healer comes to join!
Word Count → 300+

“So… this is it...” the witch woman spoke apprehensively. It was not that she was unimpressed with the lands she gazed upon, but as the couple traveled from the area so lovingly called Sticks and Stones and crossed into the Mosquitobolt Valley, she had become increasingly anxious. Her nervousness wasn't telegraphed for all to see, but her companion could probably tell by now having ridden next to her during the long trek to the lands of Anathema. Thankfully, she had chosen to share her tragic story with the ice-pelted healer, so she was likely to understand the reasons behind her edginess. The jackal pulled back gently on the reins and the ebony legs of the dapple gray stallion she sat astride stopped. The witch closed her sky-blue eyes and took in a deep breath, let it out, and breathed again. She dropped the reins and held her hands out, palms up as though receiving a gift. The witch grounded herself, sending away all negative thoughts and emotion that did not serve her. She needed to be at her best for what she was about to do. And in place of negativity, she drew in strength and light from the land around her. The process did not take long, and a moment later, her gaze turned to Avinalora and she was considerably more relaxed.

“The scent of your tribe is strong, proud. Even in this sickness time,” her voice had taken on a melodic cadence, it was almost like her pace was being set by the atmosphere around them now.

The woman's icy gaze turned to the lands of Anathema, taking in the stretch of Mosquitobolt Valley before them and the monolithic mountains beyond. Though she had yet to walk the span of their borders, it was evident to her that those mountains were a part of the pack's territory. She smiled. She liked the thought of cave dwellings.

“I like this place,” she said, turning back to Avina. “I know not your customs. What do we do now?”

Maelyx Nocturne
Last edited by Maelyx Nocturne on Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
Luperci I command you, I control you Eclipse the Blood Moon
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:12 pm

Avinalora
"The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell"
Optime | Day | April | AT border

OOC here
Word Count:

A silver shape rode alongside the jackal woman. The female was similar to the woman riding beside her, but she was much smaller, the smallest a jackal could be. The silver female was very skinny, all skin and bones under the clothes she wore. She had long legs for her size, and would have been quick, if only. She had a long, bushy tail that was like a fox tail. A large pair of long ears sat a top her head, standing from her hair. She had a narrow face with a non-tapering muzzle.

The girl would have seemed to be a pure jackal with her features, but her bright silver fur threw that off. The fur was like a moonbeam and came from the few drops of wolf blood that ran in her veins. A saddle ran from the back of her ears to the tip of her tail. The saddle was a darker shade of silver with black hairs scattered through it. Her tail had a white tip. She had black hair that was tied into a pony tail. She had one green eye.

The vixen wore a grey and white raglan under an intricate leather jacket. The jacket had two layers, a cloth inside and a leather outside. There was also cloth going past the leather and forming cuffs, going past the leather at the bottom of the jacket, and a cloth hood. She also wore a pair of jeans that were modified for Luperci uses. A moon-shaped pendant hung from her neck, carved from wood and crescent-shaped. A satchel was slung across her shoulders and a cane was held on the saddle.

The female had a bandage covering the left side of her face, hiding gruesome scars scratching across an empty socket. She also seemed thinner than normal, almost all skin and bones.

Avinalora rode with Maelyx to Anathema, telling her about Anathema's people. She told the woman about the leaders: Levi- no, Lelouch-, Mad Hatter-no, Lukos-, Evangeline, and Nyx. She described each one, except for Mad Hatter's craziness. She also told her about the clinics.

The Nocturne seemed apprehensive, but after what she had gone through in her tribe, the fox maiden couldn't blame her. But, Anathema was a haven for outcasts, misfits, and crazies. She would fit in here. This wasn't the first time the vixen brought someone to Anathema, but she was sure she was making the right choice this time.

And then the jackal woman did some sort of movement that calmed her down. The winter wraith just watched, the woman had a different view of the world and its ways. The hybrid had a patchwork religion it seemed, she took aspects from different religions and compiled it into her own beliefs.

The foreigner commented that Anathema's scent was strong despite the sickness. The desert doctor nodded. She knew that there were Anathemans that still did their duties even during the sickness. And there were people who were sick that were still doing their duties, well, until she dragged them back to the clinics.

"We have people still maintaining their duties, even the sick ones before someone drags them back to the clinics." The grey-scaled girl said, emphasizing on someone. She was being a hypocrite though. She was sick, though she kept working. Maybe it was because she was atoning for bringing the sickness to her pack?

The jackal witch said that she liked this place and then asked about the customs. The moon-washed medic answered without thinking, already knowing joining customs back and forth. "You howl at the border and once someone comes, you show submission. But, since I'm with you, I can call a leader already. The leader will ask you questions and then preform a ritual." The desert fox said, showing the scar on her palm. "The leader will cut their palm and then yours and then press their hand against yours. That makes you family."

And then with a nod, the monochrome fox raised her head and a high-pitched howl emitted from her throat. It was a banshee shriek more of, a shrieking cry that called for a leader. And then she ended the howl before turning to the foreign witch and nodding and giving a reassuring smile.

Image | Background | Table by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:22 am

• Word Count: (479)
  • Date: --
  • Place: --
  • Form: Optime
ooc text here.

He wasn't sleeping. He was barely eating. Lelouch knew it was foolish. He knew he should keep up his strength. But after Elora's passing... Lelouch shook himself awake. He his head had been nodding for the past hour or so. The other pup and Lust were asleep in the other room. Lelouch's ear flicked as he listened for their breaking. One... Two... Lelouch sighed. The palms of his hands dug into his tired eyes, trying to rub the sleep away. It was imperative he stayed awake. He couldn't lose another.

Elora wasn't even his. Elora was Greed's. Yet the loss struck Lelouch like a hurricane. It pulled at his heart and tugged at every self doubting string that possessed him. What if they lost another? It was too soon to tell who had sired the teardrop pup. What if she was his? What if she didn't make it? Or worse, what if the disease claimed Lust? Lelouch buried his head in his arms and collapsed in on himself. How many would this plague take? Already several had succumbed; not just Elora but Aeron as well. There was nothing he could do. The disease was claiming lives and he was helpless to prevent it.

A familiar howl broke Lelouch away from his downward spiral. He lifted his head, ears twitching as he listened. Avinalora. Her voice sounded far away. The boarder? Yes. She was calling for a leader. Nothing in her voice sounded panicked or pained, so she probably wasn't in any distress. A joiner? Probably. Lelouch ran his hands through his hair. He turned his purple gaze towards the door. Lust and the pup were just beyond it. Could he really leave them? What if something happened?

As if on cue, a warm hand rested on his shoulder. Lelouch didn't even have to look. The sunshine hand gave him a gentle squeeze and he reached up to hold it with his own. "Go. I'll watch over them." Lelouch looked up to find Bertolt's wasabi gaze watching him. The worry in his eyes was easy to spot. Lelouch gave Bertolt's hand a reassuring squeeze before getting to his feet. "I'll be back soon." He gave Bertolt a quick kiss and headed out.

Lelouch decided to head for the barn, but not before making a quick pit stop at his house to grab his father's dagger. If this was really a joiner, he'd probably need it. Lelouch didn't even bother to grab Serenity's saddle. He just threw a blanket over the mare's back and rode her as quick as he dared towards the boarder. Sure enough, Avinalora was waiting for him with an unknown female. A jackal female to be precise. Lelouch gave her a quick once over before speaking. "You called?" Leloiuch was too tired to attempt anything more formal or wittier. He just wanted to get this over with.

Template: Aso | Image: Dawnthieves | Textures: Mercurycode

Avi by Raze

POSTED: Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:06 am

Stay in the shadows
Cheer at the gallows
Word Count → 340

Avinalora graciously stepped up and helped Maelyx with the unfamiliar customs, explaining what to do and then taking the liberty to call a leader herself. This was best, she didn't want to see a leader come barreling up to this spot ready for a fight after hearing an unknown voice call. There was a special ritual to make someone pack, to make someone family. It brought a small smile to her maw. She liked it. It was blood magic. Blood magic was strong and true, and she highly approved. “This ritual, it is wise. A ritual like that forges a tight bond, and shows true acceptance to the newcomer.” She looked at her open palm. “I am not afraid to be cut for this purpose.”

Not long after Avi's call came the distant sound of a horse's hooves beating the soft earth. She peered in the distance and saw the midnight male astride a mare coming at them with urgency. The horse didn't even don full tack and saddle. Did he always ride this way? Or was this another symptom of the sickness – the fact that leadership was more concerned about doing business quickly than about pomp and circumstance.

He eased the mare to a halt before them with little ceremony. He barely paid her any attention, merely gave her a glance before addressing Avi. Maelyx took no offense; she merely remembered what Avi had told her… once someone comes, you show submission... so she nodded respectfully to the dominant man, and then slid out of her saddle. Landing on the ground gracefully and in a rustle of black skirts, the ornaments in her tangled sable hair ticking together softly, she stood straight – with pride but not hubris – placed her hands behind her back, and lowered her chin in a respectful bow of the head. She felt it was unwise to speak during this delicate moment. The man had addressed Avinalora and Avinalora only, so she waited for her new-found friend to speak, and for herself to be questioned directly.

Maelyx Nocturne
Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:02 am

Avinalora
"The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell"
Optime | Day | April | AT border

OOC here
Word Count:

Avinalora just nodded in response to Maelyx's assessment of the rite. She didn't actually think much of the rite itself. Part of her said it might in unsanitary, especially in sickness. Part of her head said that she really didn't want someone going around, or walking around with a wound, especially in the sickness. But part of the vixen really did believe that it was good for something. She brought her family here to join a bigger family. One that she now shared blood with. And that helped her patch the many holes in her heart.

The fox maiden's ears twitched as she heard a horse coming. She sniffed that air until she recognized the scent of the Rakeeb. Lelouch or Levi. She was tempted to call him Levi, but this would be improper conduct, especially in front of a joiner. But the Nocturne wasn't the dark-furred bastard with no respect. But, impressions were key. Normal names it was.

The dark-furred man leader arrived looking shabby. The winter wraith remembered that there had been a death of a pup, one of Lust's pups that had been fathered by many fathers. Though, a loss of a pup was a big loss. And it had happened so soon after Song's death. She vaguely mused if all of the leadership were losing pups. The waif wished that maybe Mad Hatter, Nyx, or Evangeline could have come instead of the grieving father.

And then the jackal witch slid off of her horse and bowed to the man. The desert doctor had been expecting simply submissive posture, not a whole bow sort of thing. But that did count as submissive behavior. So, she let it pass. The Volac just continued on, her ears slightly lowered and her brush stilled from its normal lash. She also slid off of her horse after grabbing her cane, clenching her teeth and hissing a few curses as her leg pained her as she landed. But, the herbalist stood and addressed the leader.

"Rakeeb Lelouch," The moon-washed maiden said with a slight dip of her head. She could be polite when needed, and she didn't think the man knew that. "This is Maelyx Nocturne, she is looking to join Anathema and has very valuable skills." The jackal said. She wasn't exaggerating. Healers were needed, and she seemed very skilled.

"She is looking to help us, and can lend her skills as a healer." The monochrome fox added and then glanced at the Nocturne lady. She didn't know everything about her, but the woman did.

Image | Background | Table by Andi

Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Mon May 08, 2017 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:33 pm

• Word Count: (398)
ooc text here.

She kind of reminded him of the witches. The way she dressed and the way she hung herself was similar to the Ninurtas. No... Ninurta.

Lelouch felt another crushing blow from the weight that he carried. It curled around his heart and squeezed. The tightness in his chest had become an all too familiar sensation in the last month. A part of it didn't help that Lelouch had somehow managed to avoid the disease. He should have been struck with it too. He should be going through this with his pack. Instead, he has to sit on the sidelines and watch as they struggle.

Movement brought Lelouch back to earth. He balked a little as the unfamiliar female silently dismounted. What's more, she actually bowed. Well, that's one way to show submission. The gesture would have been more common in places like Sapient or Casa where they readily encouraged the more humanized lifestyle. While most of the Anathemas also drifted away from their feral roots, it wasn't cultivated or expected. Still, it wasn't like the bow was insulting. Just unexpected. Lelouch nodded approvingly to the female as Avinalora followed suit. With a little shrug, Lelouch also dismounted from Serenity. He might as well since everyone else was doing it. Besides, it would be awkward to talk to them on his horse if they were on the ground.

Thought so. Lelouch mused as Avinalora explained the loner's presence. A joiner. Better yet, a medic! Lelouch straightened and his tail gave a quick wag before he could compose himself. He gave a little cough and tried to look like the impartial leader he was supposed to be. He held out his hand towards Maelyx in greeting. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Lelouch Amarok, one of the leaders of Anathema." Lelouch offered her a tied smile.

"We could absolutely use your skills if you don't mind getting to work right away. Since Avinalora vouched for you, I don't see a reason to turn you away. Has she told you about the Rite of Agares and how it's carried out?" A new medic was exciting. However, Lelouch was not looking forward to what came next. He had already performed the Rite once. Lelouch had no desire to do it again. It freaking hurt! However, customs as they were, this was expected of him; no matter how much he detested it.

Avi by Raze

POSTED: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:04 pm

Stay in the shadows
Cheer at the gallows
Word Count → 471

When Lelouch gave the slight nod of approval, she raised her gaze and stood at ease, letting her hands fall naturally at her sides now. Her companions dismounted moments after she did, and now they stood in a triangle. She didn't miss the brief notes of excitement on the Rakeeb's mien before he caught and composed himself. She smiled to herself. This was going well, she had something valuable to offer these people so this leader, and hopefully the rest of the pack, would be happy to have her. Starting a new life could have been worse.

She took Lelouch's offered hand with a firm grip and gentle shake. “It is my pleasure being here,” she said in her thick South African accent. “After learning of my skills, Avinalora explained to me what plagues your people, and I wanted to come to help. It just so happened, I also needed a new home, too.” She smiled, looking Lelouch in the eye, though without any pretense of challenge in the act. “I am strong with medicine and herbs. Your medic and I were just harvesting from an old walnut grove – is how we meet. And on the way here, we discussed the clinics and a few improvements that may be able to be made – it would be very important to apply them immediately, Avinalora agrees. So yes, I am happy being at work right away.” After a slight pause, “I am have other talents, too. I can explain now, or later. Whatever is your wish.”

When he asked if she knew about the Rite of Agares, she paused and looked at Avinalora. She had not said the name of the rite, but she was certain that must have been what she was referring to when she told Maelyx of the ceremony. Her eyes moved back to the dark man and she nodded. “I believe she has. Is strong, smart ritual,” she said approvingly. “But, with all respect due, I can make a request?” Before giving the leader time to process this as an offense, she explained. “Since you are wanting me to start duties right away, and I am wanting to start duties right away,” she held out her arm and pushed the dagged sleeve back. “Instead of palm, might my blood come from forearm? I would be happy to submit to the traditional means later. But it would be difficult for me not to succumb to the illness with an open wound on the palm. And… it might be setting back some ideas Avinalora and I have been had on the travel here.” Especially since she and Avinalora suspected it was transmitted by fluids, and was obviously highly volatile. She watched and waited, her eyes flicking between the Rakeeb and the Medic, to see if she had offended either of them.

Maelyx Nocturne
Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:25 pm

Welcome to Anathema!

You have just joined a safe haven for delinquents, criminals, addicts and overall outcasts! While we treat all our members like family after the initiation ritual, it doesn’t change our natures or corrupt habits. Anathema can offer many trades, jobs, and skills to learn and help you find your way, if it isn’t already found.

Welcome to our family!

Here are a few things to get you started:

• Check out the Ranks and Specializations your character can pursue!
    • After making 20 in character posts, you can decide which Rank Tier is right for your character.
  • You can also start collecting game points! Follow the link to see how you can start earning points for prizes, such as avatars, graphical tables, icons and titles!
  • Want to claim a room or house? Look at our available residence Wiki pages, and then post to the Maintenance thread!
  • And don't forget to take a look at Anathema's Policies, as well as our Culture, Beliefs, and Crime pages so you know exactly what we're about!
  • And most importantly: start posting and have fun!

Have any questions? Ask us!

POSTED: Wed May 03, 2017 2:15 pm

• Word Count: (339)
ooc text here.

Another accent. It wasn't the first time he had met someone with a thick accent. Although Maelyx specific accent was unfamiliar to him. He couldn't even begin to guess where she might be from. Although, it was quickly becoming clear that english was no her first language. That familiar itch began to act up and Lelouch had to actively stop himself from drowning her in questions. He wanted to know. Where was she from? What was it like? What languages could she speak? How were things different? How were they same? He needed to know.

Maelyx met his gaze and Lelouch found himself instinctively looking away. It took no small amount of effort to look back. This was one human custom Lelouch could not get used too. Looking each other directly in they eyes without challenge or authority was odd. It was fine with Bertolt since Lelouch was a higher rank and both of them were comfortable with each other. But with a stranger? It sent shivers down his spine. Don't look away.

"Later for sure." Lelouch quickly replied after Maelyx offered to speak about her various skills. No matter how curious he was, he had to get back to Lust and the pup.

Lelouch pondered Maelyx's request. It was reasonable and the logic behind it was sound. The question was, how far could he bend the rules. The main purpose of the Rite was to connect them through blood. As far as he knew, there wasn't much symbolism attached to the touching of palms. "Alright. You don't have to make the cut deep. Just enough to draw some blood." Lelouch took out the knife and opened his palm. He could see the feint line from where he had performed the Rite before. His ears folded back and he gulped. Lelouch put the blade to his palm and closed his eyes.

Yup. It still hurt. Lelouch had to bite his lip to keep himself from whimpering. He shakily passed the dagger to Maelyx and waited for her to be ready.

Avi by Raze

POSTED: Thu May 04, 2017 1:22 am

He understood her request, though he seemed to consider it for a moment. Maelyx couldn't deny the little stab of guilt for asking the leader to alter the initiation rite after who knows how many years of it being performed the same way, but there was true logic behind it. She nodded her appreciation, and watched as Lelouch retrieved the knife and sliced his own palm, a small line of crimson pooling up in his palm in the wake of the blade. She never took her eyes off that palm, the blood that welled there, the coppery scent that filled the air when the fluid appeared. Then the blade was passed to her.

She took the blade in her left hand, thinking she detected some shakiness in the dark leader but purposefully ignoring it. With a brief glance to Avinalora, she focused on her right forearm. She placed the blade just above the heel of her palm – this spot on her wrist would be easy to keep covered and clean, and it was as close to the palm she could get – and dragged the sharp metal up her wrist. Yes, the slash she made much resembled the mark of suicide, but Maelyx was a witch and a healer and knew not to dig deep into those precious arteries. As Lelouch advised, the cut was superficial, just enough to bring her own lifeblood to the surface and stain the creamy fur a dark scarlet. Of course the slice pained her, but there was also a rush of adrenaline coursing through her and numbing the sensation of the emerging wound.

Her eyes returned to Lelouch, a quick glance, looking for his next direction. If he reached for the knife she would return it to him. She held out her right arm, wrist-up, a small but sufficient blot of blood had soaked her fur, and then welled above her pelt. She waited for Lelouch's next ritualistic move, feeling honored to be a part of this.

Blood magic. Rare. Beautiful. These people form a true bond. She thought silently to herself. As she waited for the Rakeeb's direction, her eyes flicked again to her pale new friend, Avi. She would look upon this woman who was in some way her savior while her blood was fused with the rest of the pack.

WC: 388

Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

Dead Topics