M - Love Like Winter

Avinalora

POSTED: Sun May 14, 2017 8:18 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Read the lines in the mirror
through The lipstick trace

The days since the disease’s end did not feel any shorter or less harrowing than those which the pack weathered during the peak of the epidemic… at least, that’s what it felt like to Maelyx. While most were feeling relief and reprieve as the sickness seemed to die out, Maelyx felt more trapped by it than ever, because her dearest friend and fellow healer, Avinalora, had contracted the awful disease. It almost seemed that she would escape it, as Maelyx had, despite constant exposure, but just as the rest were getting better, her already small, seemingly frail friend had fallen ill.

But finally the weeks stretched out, and Avi’s health improved slowly. Maelyx had visited her every chance she could get, but many times Avi was asleep and probably didn’t know she was there at all. At one point, Maelyx found herself over Avi’s unconscious body – the prognosis looked ugly – and she bent over her friend with tears in her eyes, praying to the Lord and the Lady not to take her friend from this realm yet. Then finally, small signs that Avi was improving. Her heart beat stronger, her breathing more steady, and slowly, her fair friend recovered. She was well enough to leave her den now.

So in celebration, though not too celebratory as to not excite her recovering friend too much, Maelyx invited Avi out. Wild, untamed mother nature would be good for her soul after being bedridden for so long. Maelyx also wanted to pay tribute to Lady Luna and the Green God for saving her friend’s life. This was a trial for them both, but thankfully, Avi’s day to die had not yet come.

She sat at the edge of a small pond, little tadpoles and small fish splashed about in the shallow waters. Her eyes cast over the soft ripples as they danced in the waters, making the reflection of the brilliant stars and waning moon sway and dance with the rhythm of the universe. Maelyx’s icy gaze watched the stars through the mirror-waters, admiring and appreciating them.

There was a nice, soft, loamy patch of mossy earth next to a small, flat rock and a jasmine vine that she had set out candles on. She had a bottle of wine, the Spirit of the Lady with her, and she allowed herself an indulgent swig of the spirit as she waited for her friend to arrive.

WC: 400+

Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
Luperci I command you, I control you Eclipse the Blood Moon
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Sun May 14, 2017 10:12 pm

Avinalora
"A casual affair that could go anywhere, but only for tonight"
Optime | Night | Mid March | AT

OOC here
Word Count:

A tiny figure entered the area around a pool. She could have been takes for a fox Luperci, if those actually existed. She had a bushy tail that was quite long. But, she also had long legs for her body, despite being the size of a small jackal. She was quite skinny, even for a jackal. She had large ears sitting a top a narrow face with a non-tapering muzzle.

Her fur was abnormally colored for a jackal despite her pure features. She had some wolf blood running through her veins which made her the color of moonlight on snow. She did bear a saddle, a darker silver one that ran from the back of her ears to her tail and ended in a white tail tip. Black hairs were scattered through the pelt. She also had black hair growing from her head and was pulled back into a ponytail. She had one green eye.

She wore a lot of clothing, even in spring. She a grey and white raglan under a black leather jacket that had two layers. Leather on the outside and a cloth layer on the inside. Cloth also formed her good, trimmed the bottom of her jacket, and lengthened her sleeves. Se also wore a pair of jeans. Two necklaces were worn on her person. One was a wooden pendant carved into the shape of a crescent moon. Another was a copper amulet that was also moon-shaped but had an arrow on it.

Bandages were worn on her no longer. Instead, four scars slashed over an empty eye socket. They were fresh and looked a bet jagged. She leaned on a cane as she walked, limping and walking slowly. She looked quite skinny if she wasn't wearing clothes. But, her eyes still held a defiant glare.

Avinalora's bandages were finally off and she was free to walk around now. Maelyx invited her to do something, and she was open for it. Adrian told her that the woman had visited her when she was sick. The least the vixen could do was come to this celebration or something. So, she walked through the forests to come to this nice place.

The fox maiden noticed the witch immediately and she nodded with a smile. She walked towards the woman. She noticed the wine near the woman and that didn't bother her for once. She normally didn't like the aspect of drinking, though it was different right now. She was in a bit more pain than usual, her nurses capping the amount of pain medication. the Empusa needed something else for pain management.

"Nice scenery." The winter wraith said, looking around. This was quite the scenic place the jackal lady picked for this party. She couldn't see all of the details, but it did seem pretty. This would be a good place for whatever party the woman was thinking of. The woman had an eye for pretty.

The ghostly jackal walked over to where the Tuyul was sitting and sat down across from her. "So, we're celebrating my near-death or the defeat of the plague?" She asked, someone had to. A smile crossed her face as she enjoyed this. Booze and her friend, the best thing that had happened to her in a long time.

"Can I have some?" The monochrome fox asked.

Image | Background | Table by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sun May 14, 2017 11:39 pm

Not long after her watery, moonlit reverie did Avinalora appear. A ghostly image, thin and waiflike against the pitch of night. Her gemlike azure eyes took in the sight of her thin, frail friend, and for a moment she felt a pang of true pain for her. Her poor body had been through so much, she looked as if a simple breeze would carry her away any moment and Maelyx had to resist the urge to reach out and grab hold of her before the air elementals could steal her away. Instead, she stood up slowly, her velvety red and black skirts shifting around her as she made smooth, fluid movements. A bright smile pulled on her muzzle as she stepped towards her friend, her arms outstretched to embrace Avi in a warm hug should she accept the gesture. She kept close, a physical action to let her know that she was there to assist her if she needed help, but not voicing Avi’s apparent frailty out loud. She had a way of trying not to point out to the sick that they were sick, since everyone else compulsively does so.

I am so happy to see you. Thanking you for coming. I am glad you like it, her broken English had rapidly improved in her days immersed in Anathema. She still carried a thick accent, one she would always have, but she picked much more apropos words and conjugations.

She moved her head close to Avi’s, touching her muzzle to muzzle in a loving gesture but not quite a kiss. It tasted of friendship, but there was also something deeper there. After her couple moments of affection, she put a few steps between herself and the wraith and looked out to the pond, to the candles as they dripped wax trails onto the rocks, and to the bottle of wine. She grinned and chortled softly. Yes. We say we celebrate both, eh? No more plague. Almost no more Avinalora the Healer.

Of course, the spirit is what we are here for! She exclaimed as she knelt down by the dark wine bottle, and proffered two glasses from her nearby bag. One glass was crystal, the other was carved wood. She popped the cork out of the wine bottle, and poured the deep, blood-red spirit into both glasses, handing Avinalora the glass of crystal. She held her wine glass close to her muzzle, swirled it, and took in a deep breath to experience the essence of the wine. As she exhaled, she sighed happily, Ahh, this is a very good drink. I have not had such good drink in some time. Fine vintner, I wonder who made it. I got from storage in Howling Caverns. There were others, I will pay it back later. I also have another special surprise, but, that will depend on how you feel, she grinned wickedly, but at the same time her eyes washed over Avinalora again, this time looking for something more. She watched the way she moved, the way she stood. If she was in terrible pain, she had another drink stowed away that was famous for its anesthetic affects.

So, here it is, we toast to the final chapter of this rotten plague, she held her glass – or carved wood, anyway – out to cheers with Avi.

WC: 500+

Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Mon May 15, 2017 3:24 am

Avinalora
"Kid's teeth stained red from a sour bottle"
Optime | Night | Mid May | AT

OOC here
Word Count:

Avinalora smiled and readied herself for the hug that Maelyx was giving. She wasn't touched often, especially hugged and she sometimes flinched. But, she returned the hug, embracing the woman and stepping away. At least the woman didn't point out how frail she looked. If she could hunt mice, she was fine.

The witch thanked the fox maiden for the compliment and thanked her for coming. Did the woman not think she was going to come? The vixen knew that they had some awkward moments, but she would show up any time. The woman also touched her muzzle against the jackal mutt's, in a somewhat romantic gesture. The fox just returned it, not knowing what else to do.

The winter wraith chuckled as the foreign female said that they were celebrating both. She had been sick, and was on the low for a day, but she was better now. And the sickness was gone from Anathema, which was something to celebrate. She smiled and said, "Near-death experience? Something to celebrate surviving, I guess."

Well, it was obvious that the ghostly jackal was going to get some wine. She gladly accepted the glass of blood-soaked wine from the ice-eyed jackal. The woman said that she'd managed to get it from Anathema. So, that's where Kassius was getting his from? She threw off that thought quickly and smiled. And then the woman also hinted at another gift and the fox-tailed female just smiled. She didn't know what this gift was, but she was sure that she'd like it.

The exotic mage held her cup out to toast with the monochrome fox, and she toasted. "To the final chapter of the gods-forsaken plague." She said and drank.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Thu May 18, 2017 2:47 pm

With a smile pulling at her muzzle, she hoisted her glass with the toast and then took a long, deep pull of wine. It was velvety and warm, and at first had the right bouquet of berries and then the notes of dark oak as it went down the gullet. She lowered her glass and smiled at Avinalora, then placed her cup down and moved over to her pouch. Is not much but, she started, as she pulled a second clay bottle from her bag. I have some whiskey. She grinned like an adolescent getting away with sneaking off with the parents’ liquor. Is good stuff. It should help any pain. The wine… it’s a good drink, but no pain relief like the whiskey when it comes to a drink. I added a little honey, for taste. She held it aloft, cocking her head. Avi could take it for the pain, or just because. After all, they were celebrating, right? I can’t lie, I already helped myself to a swallow. But the rest is yours.

If Avi didn’t take the bottle now, she would simply set it on the ground, corked, for later.

So, she said, gesturing for Avi to take a seat by her, right there on the loamy earth. It seems the disease is behind us. It’s hard to believe. I only even knew of it for a few weeks but, they were a few hard weeks. Thank the Goddess most of the pack survived. She made a little gesture skyward, then lay her hands on her knees, palm-up. It would have looked like she was waiting for Avi to take her hand if she had not been doing it with both hands. Instead, Maelyx was actually facing her palms to the moon to gather in the moonlight’s powers.

WC: 300+

Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Sun May 21, 2017 11:47 pm

Pretty avatar!
Kiss next round?
Word Count:

Avinalora felt the liquid fire run down her throat. One part of her head warned her that this would lead to a possible hangover and it just wasn't good for her. That nagging voice soon disappeared. It wouldn't take much to get her fully drunk, she knew that. But with all of the hell she had just gone through, she wanted to feel light for once.

And then Maelyx brought out the whiskey. Now they were talking. The fox maiden smiled as pain relief aspect. She needed that, her leg pained her again, and she knew that she needed to escape the pain. She took the bottle and poured it into her crystal glass. And then with a small toast, she let the honey mixture go down her throat. "I need to drink more often." She commented.

The ghostly jackal moved closer to the jackal witch. She nodded in response to the Nocturne lady's assessment. The Empusa felt like the sickness would never stop. Until it took away the little family she had made here in Anathema. She shook her head, trying to shake away the thoughts, the thoughts that plagued her during the plague. "One of the hardest weeks of my life." The winter wraith said. But it was one of the worst, not the worst. She wasn't sure which one won. Adree dying, the disbandment of Midnight Shores and the aftermath, or the sickness. "Yeah." She said, a few clicks after the woman's statement.

The fox-tailed female watched as the blue-eyed belle did something that she didn't understand. How the woman's palms were positioned made the jackal think that she was asking for her to hold her hand. Or was it some sort of thing the vixen didn't understand. She knew nothing about witchery. Hesitantly, the monochrome fox reached out to hold her hand.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Tue May 23, 2017 12:50 am

Her eyes flicked to the pale hand that took hers, and though she had not been reaching for the medic’s hand she did not let on. There was no point in embarrassing her, and she did not want Avi to think the gesture was unwelcome. Her fingers closed gently around Avi’s, enveloping her hand in warmth. She smiled softly, looking into Avi’s pale visage. She wondered if either alcohol was having any affect yet. The few swigs she had before Avinalora arrived combined with the glass she was quickly downing were beginning to help herself, however, wine and ale was often a part of her rituals and her tolerance was a little higher than rock bottom.

Now we can relax. She gave the silver one a sidelong glance, wondering just how well she could actually relax. It all depended on how much pain she was still in. Her eyes turned to the pool before them, and then she got an idea. She brought the hand that she held up to her muzzle and kissed the back of Avi’s hand before letting it go. Then she reached up and unclasped her necklace, placed it on a spot on the ground, and then began reaching for the ties of her dress. Can you swim? She asked with a mischevious grin. She took the bottle of whiskey and helped herself to a swig, let the sickly sweet alcohol slide down before she returned the bottle. Swimming will take the weight off your body, it should release some of the stress on your joints and relieve more pain. She pulled the last tie at the top of her dress, and the bodice came loose. She wriggled a little, and the dress fell from her slender form, pooling in a mass of velvets and silks at her feet. She stepped out of it and pushed the cloth aside with one footpaw, before turning to the Empusa and reach out to offer her help with her shirt.

300+

Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Tue May 23, 2017 1:12 am

Avinalora
"The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell"

OOC here
Word Count:

Avinalora's hesitant hand was accepted by Maelyx. The woman smiled and the vixen mirrored the gesture. She didn't know what she was doing. She had no idea how to be romantic. Her actions were hesitant because she didn't know what she should be doing. Or what the woman wanted her to do. But, she hoped that she was doing something right.

The winter wraith took another swig of whiskey as the Nocturne lady said to relax. She knew of the drink's affects on people. How it made them. And the fox maiden wanted that. She wanted to not feel serious, afraid, or in pain. So, she drank. She knew that it wouldn't take much, and her brain was already feeling a bit fuzzy. And she felt better already.

The ghostly jackal didn't know how to react when the jackal witch asked if she could swim. She couldn't swim, she didn't know how nor did she think that she could. The silver lady didn't know what to say either. She didn't want to say no. But she wasn't made to swim. Her short fur and bum leg made it nearly impossible.

"I can't swim" The moon-washed maiden admitted as the exotic enchantress began undressing. However, she did began taking off her jacket. She wasn't alone in the water, and the Tuyul could help her if things got ugly. And it was a pond, not a lake or river. The Empusa began pulling off her raglan as well, showing the four claw-shaped marks on her shoulder. The jackal looked bony and thin with almost no chest. She looked shyly at the blue-eyed belle, starting to cover herself.

"But, I cheated death once and I think I can do it again." The monochrome fox said. That as an over-exaggeration. She didn't think that she'd drown.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Tue May 23, 2017 1:40 am

At Avinalora’s reply, Maelyx laughed. She simply couldn’t help herself. I knew you would say as much, she giggled. Her azure eyes looked deeply into Avi’s single emerald. You’re just going to have to trust me, then. She whispered, her tone just a fleck away from seductive.

As her friend’s shirt raised over her head, Maelyx took the cloth from her and dropped it near her own dress. She noticed Avinalora suddenly begin to look bashful, despite seeming to have had liquid courage a moment before. Her brow furrowed, and she reached up and placed her hands gently on Avi’s to stop her, though she would not use any force against the woman, it was merely a gesture. Don’t. You don’t have anything to be shy about. She stared into Avi’s gaze for a moment, overtaken by her innocence. And then, overtaken by something more, whether it be the moon, primal instincts, or just the alcohol, her gaze slid down over Avi’s body for just a moment, her eyes filled with the same reverence they had been a moment before when Avinalora first arrived.

She realized what she was doing, and even the confident, self-assured witch jerked her gaze up. Startled to catch herself doing that, she gauged Avi’s face once again. This time, she was looking to see if she had further embarrassed her friend. She did not mean to ogle her. And her own start and shock of discomfiture was not over having been looking at a woman, or having been seen looking, but over making Avinalora feel humiliated. In an attempt to fix what she might have done wrong, she smiled sheepishly and said, You see, nothing to hide. You are beautiful.

Taking a step back, her attitude seemed to become normal again. Calm, collected, smooth. She stepped toward the water, her toes entering the cool pond. She wriggled her toes in the mud, and looked over her shoulder at her friend as she sauntered forward, hips swaying. Come on, my little Death Defyer, she sang as she splashed water at Avi. If you panic, just take a deep breath and your lungs will hold you on top of the water… if I’m not doing it already. She snickered. It was obvious by Maelyx’s path that the pool had a steady grade for a few feet before dipping deeper. In a matter of steps she went from ankle-deep to waist-deep.

400+

Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Tue May 23, 2017 2:24 am

Avinalora
"The path to heaven runs through miles of clouded hell"

Bit of stuff, fade to black and then aftermath? Free to PP Avi
Word Count:

Avinalora wasn't called beautiful often. Not only was it her face, but her body in general. That was one of the few reasons why she covered up all the time. It wasn't just because of her short fur and humanization, but because of her body. She was skinny and she never did feel pretty. But when Maelyx told her she was beautiful, again. She told the vixen not to be shy. Her nearly-blind eyes didn't notice the woman's gaze, though.

And with a surge of confidence, the winter wraith continued to undress herself. Maybe it was the alcohol running through her veins or the Nocturne lady's compliment. She pulled her jeans down and then looked up to see the woman entering the water. The fox maiden didn't take off her necklaces. She never did. The woman called to her, calling her a little death defyer. And then water was splashed onto the Empusa, which made gasp a little.

As the ghostly jackal stepped into the water, she shivered ever so slightly. It wasn't just the cold but her nerves. She normally didn't mind not seeing the ground, but in water it made her a bit more scared. What if she fell? But, she followed the exotic enchantress' path into the water. It was only at waist height for the woman, but for the pixie, it was at her chest.

The monochrome fox stood next to the blue-eyed belle. And she smiled shyly. "Swimming isn't as bad as I thought." She joked softly.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

Dead Topics