[M] What is this? Witchcraft?

Maeluv!

POSTED: Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:12 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

Avinalora
"The black magic of Mulholland Drive"
Lupus | Day | July | Helios Temple

Hi!
Word Count:

A small figure padded up the hill to the Helios temple. She was a tiny little thing, almost like a fox, but her legs were long, her fur was short, and she simply didn't look like a fox except for her fox-like tail. She also had long ears that stood high on her narrow face. Her muzzle didn't taper and she was quite skinny and scrawny.

Her fur was like a moonbeam, a whitish-silver that made her stand out like a piece of snow in the summer. She didn't look like a normal jackal because of her bright fur, despite looking like one. She did have a darker silver saddle with black hairs scattered through it. Scars wrapped around her frame, the pink hues standing out against her snowy fur.

Without her clothing, many scars became apparent. The most noticeable was the grisly scar gracing the left side of her face. Four claw marks ran down her left side, over the empty socket where her left eye used to be. It looked fresh and was a bit more vibrant that the others. A slightly older scar marred her shoulder; four puncture marks that came from a large paw. And then there was a much older one that came from her childhood. Three small scars marked the area where her Achilles tendon was. The left hind leg where the scars were was held up and she walked on three legs.

There were still marks of humanity on her feral form. Two necklaces graced her neck. The first was a crescent moon pendant that was carved out of wood. Under it was a copper amulet that was also moon-shaped but had an arrow and a small gem. A satchel was also secured to her body.

Ever since Avinalora's ascent to the rank of Bathin, she was making more of an effort to explore around Anathema and learn more about the culture and ranks. She made the journey up here in her smallest shape since her Optime form couldn't make the arduous climb up to this place. The vixen hadn't used her Lupus form for a while and she didn't mind using it more often.

The ghostly jackal didn't know that much about Anathema despite being here for a while. She didn't have much of an idea about ranks or much about the culture. But, ever since she joined the council, she made more of an effort to get out of the clinic and do more. The winter wraith had no idea this place existed, but she had heard from someone and decided to come up here.

The desert doctor arrived and gazed upon the structure with the little eyesight she had. She didn't know what this place was and she wanted to. She sniffed around, detecting incense and the familiar smell of the Angela and Maelyx. The scent of the two witches sparked the fox-tailed female's curiosity and she padded into the structure.

The moon-washed medic knew nothing about witchcraft, she barely knew what her mate did. She was painfully unaware and that needed to change. The monochrome fox skittered around the place, not knowing about the magic this site held.

Image | Background | Table by Andi

Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:00 am

Maelyx Nocturne

Completely unaware that her mate was sniffing around outside of the temple, the witch was inside currently sorting through various chests and storage. She was not in the main prayer hall where most rituals were held, the place that could fit a number of Luperci and other creatures alike, that could probably fit the whole pack. Instead, she was in a relatively cramped storage room just off of the east vomitorium. The mother to be kept on with her work, completely unaware that the vixen was poking about… which would not be a problem, only she would have greeted her mate if she had known.

She was packing a rucksack with candles of various colors, one of which was all black and was the result of Maelyx melting down the last unburnable nubs of other candles and mixing all the colored waxes together, to reform a new, black candle with a hemp wick. It was the only candle that had not been partly burned already. There was already an assortment of carefully chosen herbs wrapped in a cloth inside the sack. In went a fire source next - her flint. What else. What else. She stopped for a moment, standing in the middle of the tight room with her hand to her chin and humming as she thought.

Mostly, nature would have what she needed. All the rest of this would just be extra flair, so it wouldn’t matter if something was forgotten. Still, as her belly grew her temper shortened, and she did not want to arrive at her destination and realize she had forgotten something that was very significant to her. A brief glance at her sack revealed the binding of her Grimoire.

Oh! Onnosel! she cursed herself in her native language. How had she almost forgotten something to write with? Sure, she could log her experience later. But that’s not what she wanted to do. She wanted to be able to write while in the sacred space, in case any spirits chose to visit her there - it could be easy to forget the details of a divine visit, especially if the entity wanted you to.

Her eyes flicked to one of the sets of shelving. She snatched up an ink bottle, but immediately shook it and frowned. Empty. All the ones within reach were. Sighing, she looked up to find a glass bottle of charcoal shaded fluid. Even at her Optime height, she couldn’t reach it. These items had been stored away for some time as there had once been a sufficient supply of ink - but now it was needed, and the storage closet was much too crowded to easily place a step stool.

Hmmph, she grumbled. She was tired of wasting time. There was work to be done, and she really wanted to be on the mountain by sunset. Stacking one crate on another, she stepped up onto it and reached for the ink bottle. But, she misjudged the weight and center of gravity for her quickly changing body, and as her fingers wrapped around the glass vial, her center of gravity shifted and the precarious crates tilted.

The crash was heard throughout the temple. Maelyx had fallen backwards, and the room was too cluttered for her to leap off and land on her feet properly, so instead, she simply fell straight back as she tried desperately and failed to grab hold of something to save her from falling.

Luckily for the Tuyul, she landed on her back mostly in a pile of empty leather sacks and linens for decorating the temple during various festivals. It wasn’t a perfectly cushioned fall, though. Something hard banged into her upper back near her right shoulder, and the bottle of ink shattered on the stone floor beside her, cutting the pad of her left hand. Stunned, she laid there, still for a moment as she mentally assessed the damage… both to herself and to the room… and… her eyes flew wide. The puppies! She screeched, her hands flying to her belly and smudging her green dress with blood and ink - not even thinking anybody was there but yelping the words in a panic anyway.

OOC She won't be seriously hurt, and the thread will move on to magicky stuff. But for right now, she's lying on the floor of the storeroom appearing to bleed from her abdomen because of her hand wound. Poor Avi. ✮ 700+

Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
Luperci I command you, I control you Eclipse the Blood Moon
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:43 pm

Avinalora
"The fear of falling apart"
Form | Time | Date | Place

OOC here
Word Count:

Avinalora almost jumped three feet in the air when she heard the crash. And then she smelled blood, a familiar scent and blood. Maelyx! She thought and then bolted, running down the hall, following the scent of blood and ink. Her heart was racing as she tracked the scent. The vixen’s mate was injured and she was with pups! That changed everything now since there was other lives contained in the woman.

”Oh fuck!” The ghostly jackal yelped as she collided with a pile of books as she rounded the corner. The room was a mess and in that mess was the jackal witch. She clambered over the piles as quickly as she could. Blood stained the woman's clothes, right on her stomach and that made her heart leap to her throat. The Bathin cursed as she rushed towards the woman, sniffing and pulling at the garment. Were the pups okay? The winter wraith was almost like a pup as she tried to examine the wound.

It became apparent to the desert doctor that the stain moved with the dress. And it didn't become bigger. It was just a stain. She leaned back, panting after the run. Then the frazzled jackal turned to the woman ”The pups are okay.” The fox-tailed female announced. And then she noticed the cut on the Tuyul’s hand. ”What the hell happened?”

The moon-washed medic looked at the mess. What had the exotic enchantress been doing in here? She hoped it wasn't some sort of training room. ”What is this place?”

Image | Background | Table by Andi

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:21 pm

Maelyx Nocturne

Just seconds after her little crash she heard a sound in the hall like a thousand Vikings rushing into battle, but when the fair face poked through the doorway, followed by the rest of the sleek silvery body, she saw it was only her mate Avinalora…. Avinalora, totally freaking out and panicking. But, it was ok to Maelyx that she was panicked, because the witch was frightened, too, and there was nobody better to be with if such a thing like this were to occur than Avi.

The petite jackal bounded over the mess of litter from the shelves and crates she had knocked over, and immediately the little black nose started poking around to assess Mae’s condition. No, no, it’s ok. It’s not like that, she tried to explain, but couldn’t really get a cogent thought formed between her own adrenaline rush and Avi’s speedy examination. She stopped trying to explain and just laid there a moment, catching her breath, until Avi pronounced the pups were ok.

The blood is from my hand, she held it out to show her. I cut it on that glass bottle when it shattered. Please, be careful where you step.

Carefully, she sat up, slowly pushing herself up as some items shifted and rolled from their cluttered pile to the floor. I… I just lost my balance. I can’t count on my grace like I used to, I guess, as she said this, the rested a hand on the little protruding tummy. She was still very small, and the bump could easily be mistaken for normal belly fat for any who did not know Maelyx before - and her well toned and muscular abs. I’ll just have to wait for help next time.

I was mostly worried the fall bumped the babes around in my womb, she said, explaining why she cried out like she did. They’re still so small, though, and I mostly landed on these linens.

Then Avi began asking about this place, what it was, and it suddenly dawned on Mae, Wait a minute. What are you doing here? She asked, her voice more amused than anything. Then she reached out and put her arms around Avi’s neck and shoulders in a hug, accidentally smudging her fur with a bit of blood. Not that I’m not happy to see you. For now, she completely overlooked Avinalora’s own question. She didn’t mean to be rude but she was still dazed a bit from the fall. If she could just get out of this terrible closet and into the great hall, it would be easier for her wits to return.

Ahh!! she yelped suddenly, and let out a doggish wine. When she went to release Avi from the embrace, it felt like the bones in her shoulder were grinding together and sent a sharp pain down her arm. She grasped it with the other hand and grimaced.

OOC She derped right past Avi's question, but once they get out of the storage room she'll become more alert. Feel free to do little PP like examining her shoulder or having Maelyx walk with Avi, etc. ✮ 400+

Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:03 pm

The day we met, frozen I held my breath

Avinalora grew calmer when she figured out where the blood was from. Maelyx cut her hand on glass and the Phoenix female was lucky that she had mostly scrambled over books. She carefully moved so she was perched on a pile of books. The vixen was small enough to ait on the tomes comfortably. She looked a bit more calmer, though her raised hackles and the tail kinked over her back were remenants of her freak out.

The ghostly jackal looked at the mess. "You fell and all this happened?" She asked, her head tilted as she looked at her mate. The woman was tall, though it didn't seem like a simple fall could have caused this mess. The Bathin looked at the woman with an almost mothering tone she said, "You need to be more careful." The winter wraith did need practice. Her tail waved from its kinked position and her tone was light.

The pale pixie glanced at the jackal witch's stomach as the woman said she was afraid she had injured the babies. They were still small and protected in the womb. If something was to hit the stomach, then ot would be different. The desert doctor said, "They're fine."

The grey-scaled girl looked at the Tuyul with a slightly kinked eyebrow. Was this a special place? She knew nothing about this place, hell she didn't know it existed. Her head tilted again. "What? The fox-tailed female gave the womana confused look. "I don't even know what this place is."

The moon-washed medic almost freaked out again as the exotic enchantress whined in pain. She jumped up and began sniffing and gently touching the shoulder with her muzzle. It wasn't broken and it wasn't dislocated. "You just hit it, not damaged it." The monochrome fox said and the shrugged off her satchel. "Here is some herbs"

Right from the start, I knew I found a home for my heart
Form:Time:Date:Place:Word Count:
LupusDayJulyHelios Temple200
template by hilli
Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:02 am

sky above me
Word Count → 400+

Avi hinted at the mess in the storeroom and Maelyx scanned the place. Sort of, she replied. Technically, it was organized just packed really full. But when I fell there was a domino effect. It doesn’t look much different than before… but… now it’s disorganized. She sighed at the thought.

Her mate sniffed at her shoulder, pressed gently, and none of the tests sent shooting pain through the witch, so when Avi pronounced her shoulder in good condition Maelyx believed her. She reached up and rubbed it. It was probably just a bruise that would go away. Thank you, she said as she accepted some herbs from her mate. I prefer them as a tea right now. She looked around, realizing she was still sitting on the ground. Avi asked again what this place was, and Maelyx gave an unhelpful answer of, It’s a storeroom.

Come, there is a small cookfire that is always burning so I can heat some water, she braced herself and got to her feet without a shred of grace, but probably with the help of her mate. She led her out into the hall and back to the main prayer hall. She practically sighed with relief at the large, open space. There were tables and columns around the area with low-burning candles, tomes, random little items, and some statues. This ornamentation was rare, and mostly kept to the walls.

She knew what Avinalora had meant by her earlier question, she just wanted to get the tea going. So making quick work of it despite not feeling top notch, Maelyx soon had a cast iron pot perched over a low fire of mostly burning coals. After, she stood at the front dais of the prayer hall. Up on this dais there were a few old books of varying sizes stacked, mostly all handwritten.

This is Helios Temple, she said casually. I can’t believe you didn’t know it was here. It was one of the first places I found here… but, then again, I guess certain things just call to certain people. She reached down and ran her hand along the scruff of Avi’s neck. Having grown up without the Luperci virus, she did not take ‘petting’ gestures to be rude. That was the main type of affection she received growing up. I think Evangeline and myself are the two who spend the most time here. Those books there are hers. When I came the poor girl was practically under water trying to make sense of everything.

Last edited by Maelyx Nocturne on Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:38 am

Avinalora
  • Word Count: [617]
  • Date: July
  • Time: Day
  • Form: Lupus → Optime
Avi be lookin fly in this outfit with higher socks and a green jacket. The dress has a higher neckline, too
#notsorry for the typo

Avinalora knew that she shouldn't stay in probably her smallest and most feral form. She was able to manipulate the bag with her small muzzle so that the bottles of herbal mixtures and random leaves and bundles were out. She pushed the pile of medicine to her mate and with a flick of her tail she said, "I'm going to shift." The Phoenix female said before grabbing her satchel and scuttling out of view into a place that could hide her shifting. The vixen didn't like shifting in front of people, so she tried to excuse herself before she did.

The ghostly jackal placed her bag down and once out of view, she began shifting out of her Lupus form and into her Optime form. Her legs elongated and bones cracked into new forms. She grew in size and her shape became more humanoid until it was capable of a bipedal stance. Her paws cracked and lengthened into hands and her mane grew out to her black hair. The winter wraith was in Optime form quickly, her constant shifting making her a fast shifter. She took no time to pull out her clothing, a new outfit Adrian had made because the woman apparently liked using her sister as a model.

The Bathin pulled on her clothing. She wore a black dress that had a higher neckline, yet showed some of her non-existent cleavage. It went down three quarters down her thigh and was met by a pair of black socks that were pulled up so that only an inch or so remained between the two garments. The jackal mutt also wore a different jacket, a green leather jacket that seemed quite plain and stopped at her hip. She also pulled on a pair of black leather arm-bands and then fixed her hair. She had her typical necklaces on and paused to pull her hair up into a pony tail.

The pale pixie padded out from behind the hiding spot she had picked. She saw that her mate hadn't moved and then she walked as quickly as she could, her tail swishing behind her as she did. She heard her say that she wanted tea and nodded. "That's a good idea." Tea for the pain was a good idea and she knew how to make tea, though she didn't think of it often. The medic was happy that the woman had already treated the wound on her hand. Less work for the desert doctor it seemed.

The fiery ghost fox nodded, though had a confused look on her face. A storeroom up here? She raised an eyebrow but didn't say anything. The jackal witch told her that there was a cook fire to boil the tea upon and she nodded and tried to help her mate up, though the woman did most of the work herself. And then the pair of jackals walked towards the cooking place, the Tuyul at the lead.

The ice queer watched as the jackal hybrid brewed the tea, not knowing how to help. This was a different set up from the clinic, and with her luck, she'd end up burning the place down. She listened as the Nocturne lady explained that this was the Helios temple. She said that it drew certain people and then ran her fingers through the fox-tailed female's bangs.

The exotic enchantress' next sentence confused the moon-washed medic again. What did she mean by Evangeline being unable to make "sense of it all". Didn't she listen as the head doctor explained the outbreak to the best of her ability? "I thought I explained the sickness to her?" The monochrome fox said in a confused tone.

"Somebody make me feel alive and shatter me!

Template by Kitty and Aso, image by Unsplash.com

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:49 am

earth below me
Word Count → 500+

The witch cocked her head and gave her mate a truly puzzled look, trying to figure out what she was talking about. Explained what to who? She wasn’t sure how Avi was this confused, but she did realize that she needed to back up a lot and explain to her what this place was. Perhaps she had never seen a house of the gods before.

No, Snow Angel, that’s not what I meant, she stepped up onto the dais and lit a couple candles with a smaller one, replaced it to its holder, and turned back to Avi, holding her arms out as if to display the temple to her. This is a Temple of the Gods. According to Evangeline, it’s called Helios Temple. She explained, then walked back over to her. The place where I fell… that’s just a place where we keep some supplies for ritual magic. It can take all kinds of things, depending on what your intention is. So this room that we are standing in right now… I’m not sure it’s official name but I just consider it the Great Hall. It would be the place the pack would gather if there was a big indoor service or ceremony to be held. There are other rooms for other purposes. Maelyx shrugged, then winced because it hurt her shoulder. She glanced sidelong to the cookfire but the pot of water wasn’t ready yet.

When I arrived in Anathema, this is the place I first met Evangeline. She was going through these books like mad, she gestured to some of the grimoires that were still in the large room. She was… lost, I would say. A witch was lost to the sickness, so she had to find her way by the journals she left behind. I did my best to help… She looked around, and then her icy eyes fell back to Avi. Just how much did her mat know? Or not know? I don’t prefer the temple. It is not in my nature nor my spiritual practice to be indoors. It is just another place bad spirits can enter if you let your guard down… she suddenly paused, thinking about her strange fall. She sounded a little dreamy when she started speaking again. Since magic is natural, I perform mine in nature. Though this place does come in handy for storing things in the side rooms… and it can be a nice and quiet place to meditate… doesn’t seem to be a very popular place these days.

Sighing for no other reason that feeling slightly tired, she reached out to Avi and leaned on her. It was more of a loving gesture than anything, she didn’t put much weight on her lover. She simply needed the intimate touch right now. She whispered in her ear, there’s so many ways I could start to explain this, so I don’t know where to begin since I don’t know what you know. So, go ahead, ask all the questions you can think up…. The water was finally boiling.

Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

POSTED: Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:25 am

The day we met, frozen I held my breath

Avinalora was still confused. She never understood magic very well. She understood that Maelyx was a witch, but she thought of witches as brewing potions like a healer would. She didn't exactly disbelieve, but she couldn't wrap her mind around people doing magic in this world. She'd read about magic in her books, but it seemed like fantasy. What was magic? The vixen had no idea and still had the confused look on her face as the conversation went on.

The ghostly jackal didn't understand what "ritual magic" was. She didn't know about any sort of ritual since she had never witnessed one. And what did her mate mean by the intent of what the ritual was for? This was a place for rituals? What kind of rituals did people do. She looked around with her horrible eyesight, trying to see if there were marks from the ceremonies or rituals. The winter wraith returned her gaze to the woman as she spoke again.

It didn't make sense to the pale pixie about how Evangeline was looking through the books about the sickness. There was nothing like the sickness in any medical journal she'd read. Why would the woman need to go through book up here when there wasn't any real knowledge of a cure or anything. The desert doctor was still confused and nothing made sense.

The next statement out of the jackal witch confused the shit out of the Phoenix fox. She didn't understand what her mate meant about bad spirits. She didn't believe in spirits fully, nor did she think they were fake. She hovered on the thin line between belief and disbelieving. Magic was natural? She didn't understand that at all. The fox-tailed female didn't understand anything.

And then the blue-eyed jackal began leaning on the tiny Luperci. The woman didn't lean too much on her and the Bathin didn't have to brace herself or anything. She didn't mind the touch and leaned into the Tuyul as well. The woman welcomed questions and the ice queen had a lot of them.

The moon-washed medic rapid-fired questions towards the exotic enchantress. "What is a ritual? What do you mean by 'the intent'? I read every medical journal and not one said anything about the sickness. Spirits? Magic?" And then the monochrome fox paused to catch her breath. "What do witches do?" She asked, deciding it to be the easiest question to ask, though the woman could answer all.

Right from the start, I knew I found a home for my heart
Form:Time:Date:Place:Word Count:
LupusDayJulyHelios Temple410
template by hilli

Silverfrost
Luperci
I walk through the fire

POSTED: Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:56 pm

wc 700+ ★ ooc

Her poor mate was so confused, and she didn’t blame her. There was much to learn about magic. Just like science, its reach was infinite, and not even Maelyx’s life devoted to the study of the metaphysical had unlocked even half the secrets of the Akashic Records. She sighed, but not with disappointment. This was going to be a big task, but Maelyx had already explained her Craft to many others, so she could do it to Avi. Only, Avi was an incredibly intelligent woman, and would not be satisfied with simple answers. She was a woman of science, though, and that may help the witch explain her craft.

She straightened herself up, suddenly Maelyx the graceful, intelligent witch was standing before Avinalora. She touched her lovingly on the chin. Slow down, Avi, or the gods themselves won’t be able to catch up with you to answer your questions. She chuckled.

First of all, forget all these ideas of the sickness. This place, she swept one arm through the air, has nothing to do with the sickness. It might have been a place to sit and study, once, but that is not its purpose. It never was.

She took Avi by the hand and started a slow walk, walking the perimeter of the enormous prayer hall. I could answer your questions in order, but, I want to teach you some background first. You are a woman of science. You believe in the things you can see, touch, smell… that is the tangible world. In a way, a scientist is a witch of the tangible world.

But someone like me… we work with the sciences that cannot be seen, touched… we work with magic. But, you’d be surprised how similar we are. All that magic is, is science that hasn’t been explained yet. She paused for a moment, letting Avi digest that information and wrap her head around it. So, as a woman of medicine, you understand that everything is connected. A bird pecks at a fruit, the seed falls to the ground, a sapling sprouts from that seed, and more fruit grows. The we eat that fruit, and we get energy from it, and we build homes and villages and we can live good lives. That same apple tree may have fed a dove, one that we hunted and ate. That dove becomes part of us. That dove becomes a part of the pups in my belly. And it goes round and round like this… even more complicated scenarios than that. But, what I mean is, what happens, what we do, it affects the world all around us for good or for bad.

Another paused again, stopping their slow saunter to light more candles, but really she was letting Avi drink it in. She began speaking when she began walking again. So, much like the scientist works with the way the physical world is connected, a Witch works with the way the spiritual realm is connected. Now, think on this… where do you think our energy comes from? Not just from what we eat. How, how are the children in my belly forming a consciousness? Where does that energy come from? It comes from a place we cannot see, because we don't have the type of eyes that can see it… but that doesn’t mean it’s not there. We know a spirit lives within us, she stopped and faced Avi, placing her hand over her heart. There is a spirit in here. If there wasn’t, how would you think? How would your heart know to beat if there wasn’t an energy telling it to do so? She cocked her head.

Avinalora Phoenix, everything is connected, even the things we cannot see. All connected in a complex web. A witch is a person who devotes their life to opening their senses to these energies… to knowing this web of energy… and when a witch uses their magic, the magic they have practiced for a lifetime… they gently tug on a tendril of that unseen web to create a ripple through it, manifesting their desire… their intent… Now she stopped, and it didn’t appear she planned to speak again until Avinalora digested what she was teaching her, and Maelyx waited patiently for another deluge of questions.

Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
☥ Nukiira ☥
filia lunae lumen
☽ Know Thyself ☾

Dead Topics