Species: 75% Grey Wolf, 25% Husky
Is your character a Luperci?: Ortus
Other 'Souls Characters: This is my first character
How you found 'Souls?: Alena (Miranda)
Are you joining a pack?: MV
If joining a pack, are you joining IC or OOC?: IC
Profile or three writing examples:

Example 1:
Alec's slumber was disturbed by the golden glow of the morning sunshine hitting his eyelids. He stirred slightly and sat up before opening his eyes. When he finally opened his eyes and saw the rubble around him everything came streaming back into his mind. The image of the water approaching him, the sounds of screams turning into gurgles before falling silent. The feeling of water enveloping him. He looked back at the calm stream behind him, disbelief falling over him. Maybe it was all just a dream, He thought to himself. A very bad dream.
He looked around and saw his mother. Relief washing over him before noticing the large gash across her head. His eyes focused on her left ear which was only barely attached to her skull. He stared at her, unable to look away, unable to think. The sun had risen to it's peak before he was able to look around again. He saw his older brother, a furious snarl on his face but his eyes lifeless. He saw his father, his head bent at an odd angle.
No tears were forming in his eyes, no expression visible at all. With his eyes almost as lifeless as his family's, his form shifted. At first he merely grew bigger but then his bones started shifting. His hips rotated, placing his paws underneath him. His joints elongated and shifted. his paws making place for feet and hands. His thumbs moving and the muscles reattaching in different places, allowing him to grab on to things. The sun was starting it's decent before he finished. He stood up again and rolled his shoulders. His expression still blank as he walked into the woods.
The sun had almost set, scrapes were showing on his hands but he didn't mind them. He didn't tend to the bleeding gash on his thigh but instead looked at the fruits of his work. A giant mound of all the dry wood he could find. The lifeless forms of his friends and family unceremoniously draped over it. He sunk to his hands and knees and started tending to the small pile of timber. Slowly, carefully kindling a fire. When the fire in front of him had grown, he picked up the stick he had prepared next to him and held it in the fire. He waited patiently for the fire to jump over and held the stick to the Pyre. When the fire had caught right underneath his mom's form, her fur matted and stained brown with her blood he stood up again and walked away, not looking back to pay respects for he was afraid that he wouldn't be able to get the image out of his head.
The sun sank behind the horizon, but he kept walking.

example 2:
Alec sat down and lowered his head, trying to hide his expression. "If you really want to know," he replied softly. "She's all that I have left." He gently shook his had as if to clear it. "I saw here there on the riverbank.. I'm sorry, I should start from the beginning."
He sighed and closed his eyes, a pained expression appearing on his face at the memory. He slowly reopened his eyes and started speaking again in a wistful tone: "We were travelling here, me and my friends; my family. We didn't really have a name, we never needed one. We generally travelled around and when we heard of this area we decided to head here. Everything seemingly went well. We set up for the night and went to sleep when we were suddenly awakened by a big yelp. I opened my eyes just in time to see this giant... torrent of water heading towards us."
He shuddered and fell silent for a minute, two minutes. when it seemed like he wouldn't start speaking again he slowly opened his mouth again and continued in a quiet voice:"We got swept up, all of us except Alena. I remember the look of horror on her face as if it was yesterday. And that's the last thing I remember of that night aside from the wall of water hitting me."
A single tear fell from his eye. Then another and another. Through muffled sobs Alec slowly started speaking again. "the next thing I remember is the sun hitting my face on a riverbank. I remember that they were all there, except they weren't. Everyone's bodies were there, but the life had left them. I remember fragments after that. I remember lighting a funeral for them, I remember catching Alena's scent back where we camped. I don't remember how the Pyre came into existence, I don't remember how I got back. I don't remember how I ended up here, but I know Alena is here, and I know she is alive and I know she's all I have left." As he finished speaking the look on his face had made place for a steeled, determined expression and he stood up again.
"please help me find her." He pleaded.

example 3:
Alec nervously paced back and forth along the riverbank. "no don't!" He yelled out fruitlessly as he saw his friends jump into the water to swim. His heart started racing and he unconsciously started panting nervously. "Please come back, the water is dangerous!" He pleaded as he dipped a single paw in the water, the feeling of the water rushing around his paw making him jump back and take a good distance from the edge of the water.
He couldn't bear to look at his friends frivolously playing with death, couldn't shake away the image of another giant wave crashing down on them, burying them and pulling them under the water to where they couldn't breathe. So he laid down on the ground facing away from the river, his form shivering slightly.
He was hoping his friends would notice him and get out of the water, or at least swim back to where they could stand. After what seemed to him like an eternity he glanced back at his friends swimming and he felt a twinge of jealousy. He slowly walked back up to the water and closed his eyes before dipping in another paw, trying to get used to the feeling.
He couldn't stand the water, he jumped back again with an uncontrolled yelp and stayed on the riverbank. "You guys have fun, I'll wait here!" he yelled out before sitting down and deciding to just enjoy basking in the sun for a while and trying to come to terms with his emotions.
Alec

Sig Art by Miranda
Loners
Wolfdog
Wilco
Luperci

POSTED: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:02 pm

Pending Application!

Hello there!

Thank you for your interest in joining 'Souls! The administration is presently reviewing your application. Administrative response time is generally no more than 24 hours, though we may take as long as 72 hours to deliberate over some applications. Please be patient -- keep an eye on this topic and your PM inbox!

While you're waiting, why not:

1. Browse the RP Guide for further game information, if you haven't already.
  2. Check out our Packs and see if any interest you.
  3. Check the FAQ or post in our Questions and Help forum if you need assistance.
  4. Test your character in LASKY.
'Souls Assemblage
The Few, The Proud
'Souls Assemblage
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:55 pm

Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations!

You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! We encourage you to keep checking out our information; you can find a wealth of it on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once -- the guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference.

If You've Joined the Game As a...

• ... Loner, do begin considering which of the packs you'd like to join. Survival as a Loner is less realistic -- wolves and other canines are generally social creatures, preferring to live in a pack structure!
  • ... IC pack joiner, you can now begin posting -- you may start your IC pack joining thread whenever you're ready. Make sure you check the pack information to see if the leadership requires anything extra from you!
  • ... OOC pack joiner, the leader still has to respond here before you can start roleplaying -- don't worry, though; if you're rejected from the pack you'll be titled as a Loner, and you're free to pursue other packs or the same one later.

Post-Joining Process

Mandatory:
  • Make an In Character post within five days. Post a thread request to get started, or consider starting or replying to an open thread.
  • Keep reading! While there's only a minimum of three topics you have to read to join the game, we provide a wealth of information for a reason -- we expect players to read and reference this material often while they roleplay at 'Souls.
Preferred:
  • If you're leaving us, please try to let us know in the Player Updates forum. There is no penalty for leaving; you're free to re-join at any time later.

Still Need a Bit of Help?

Post any questions you may have in the Questions and Help forum. Check the FAQ first, though! Failing all else, contact a staff member.

If you need help getting adjusted to your pack, you should talk to your pack leader! They can help you to understand the pack's rank system and how to get a better rank, as well as direct you to plots, potential thread partners, and active members of the pack who may be interested in engaging you.

'Souls Assemblage
The Few, The Proud
'Souls Assemblage
'Souls Assemblage

Dead Joiners