Anatomically Satisfying

Neith

POSTED: Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:52 am

Lace Valentine

What was it about this place? What was it that imbued the desire to hide away and cower from prying eyes? No matter where she stood in this land, she could feel them. Their watchful gazes, waiting for her to slip up. No doubt she already had countless times without realizing. They waited. Her family name lent her some semblance of power, so she was safe. For now.

Was Lace a traitor as those imagined eyes made her feel? No. Not by a long shot. The Valentine was and always would be faithful to her family and her home. But make no mistake, her priorities lie in that order. Maybe that was it? The fact that she still had yet to see Salsola as her family like she was supposed to? But these weren't her brothers and sisters. These weren't her parents or aunts or uncles or cousins. Well over half of them were strangers that she was supposed to care about.

Lace let out her pent up frustrations on the straw dummy before her. It's limp body endured countless hits to various parts of its 'body', each one a little harder than the last. Her pretty face was twisted into a serious facade that hid her unspeakable rage. Rage was all she seemed to feel anymore. There was nothing else here, it seemed.

With a fierce grunt, the golden brawler pulled her arms in and twisted on one foot, the other flew through the air and hit the dummy square center. Had it not been fastened in place, the training tool would have surely been sent across the arena. The twist had raised her tight, sleeveless top farther up her abdomen but she made no move to fix it. Instead, she just wiped her sweaty palms on the loose linen shorts she wore to preserve what little modesty she still possessed.

With a sigh, she placed each hand at the back of her hips and leaned her shoulders back until a satisfying ripple of cracks sounded and the pressure on her spine released. Her sigh turned into one of pleasure before she shook herself off absently. Lace's fingers curled into fists again, raising up in preparation while her feet danced beneath her. Again.

dated to xx | [wc —374] template by hilli
>
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Kris
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:01 am

He would not admit to avoiding Salsola, and departed with explanation that he needed to explore the flora while the months were green and fruitful. Neith considered his excuse not foolproof but sturdy, for he studied to further his medical experience and understanding, and consequently further himself in efforts to earn respect and staying power in Salsola—but in the end he was escaping the Thistles time and time again, breathing the outside air and wondering with building curiosity how the foreign world truly functioned.

He knew he would face danger if he voiced such curiosity to his Salsolan kin. He knew he would face danger if he packed his things and disappeared from their circles, with all their secrets carried in his chest. He knew, too, that he faced certain danger if he allowed recent events to upset his momentum. Neith could not be discouraged from his studies if he wanted to thrive as a member the Kingdom.

But he was discouraged, and painfully so. His studies halted. The pressed leaves in the books he carried dried, cracked, and splintered to crumbs between the pages. He sat often with open journal and charcoal, but the only charcoal that was laid was on his idle fingertips and never to page.

Neith avoided the Arena for obvious reasons, but strayed past while moving south to hear the crashing of a devoted individual, and paused to glance in when he realized the corresponding grunts were female. With exception of perhaps the Boss, no women of Salsola he could think of would turn to the Arena for practice.

Lace. He did not know her, but knew through hearsay her family, a Valentine. She seemed rare to socialize, and even then it was obvious she did not intend to do so. Neith cringed in time with her latest crash against the straw dummy, and drew closer only when she paused to rest. Perhaps by family ties she could be an ally. He anticipated he could use a few in the coming days.

Neith opened mouth to speak, but paused as he took in her definition and considered the skeletal elements underneath he had been studying of late. He cleared his throat.

"You are one of the Valentines, yes?" A careful introduction in the case he had her name wrong. There were too many Valentines he could scramble. "I am Neith, a cousin... of sorts. You, hum, you aren't perchance hurt from that last kick, are you? I thought I might've felt the wind."

Salsola
The Warden
Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static

POSTED: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:48 am

[388]

Taking in a deep breath, Lace cleared her mind of all her thoughts and worries. Hopes and dreams and morals went out the window and she fell into that peculiar place between peace and complete chaos. This was where Lace thrived. It often consumed others or chose to abandon them in their times of need. This Valentine had learned to make it hers. Her blue eyes opened with a pop and she drew back a fist like pulling a tightly wound spring. She could feel the release build up in her whole body, just waiting to be let go.

Then he broke it.

Her carefully crafted world shattered into a million pieces and scattered across the wind like cherry blossoms that Lace had never seen, only heard stories about. But oh, she could clearly see it in her mind's eye right now. Alongside a certain someone's bruised and battered body lying on the ground beneath her. That would come later. That was the chaos talking.

Slowly, she turned around with an intricately constructed mask of "I swear I don't actually want to kill you, this is just my face." It was a lie. Yes, her face always looked like that, but it was because she really did want to kill most people. It didn't matter if they had never done anything wrong to her in their entire lives. She'd find a reason.

"Yes." Her response was curt, but not quite rude. It was hard to say a single word rudely. She managed it from time to time, but this was not one of them.

Her face twisted into a dour scowl at his implication. With an arched eyebrow, she looked him over before looking down at her self. Yeah. I didn't think so. "Not likely." But, now that she was looking... "Why are you here?" Not to be rude but "You don't exactly look like you belong here." She didn't either but that was beside the point.

They did make an odd pair. The Arena was usually populated by bulky, beefy men stereotypically. Neither of them exactly fit that definition now did they? But there was more to it than that. Neither of them really fit into Salsola itself, though whether they both knew that about each other was uncertain. They knew, and wasn't that all that mattered?
>
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Kris
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:06 pm

Her response was rather curt, not that he could blame her, for Neith himself went through great measures to retain privacy during his time in the Arena. She asked his reason for attendance, and Neith returned to her a proud but stern swelling of the chest.

"Three reasons," he replied, all charm and smiles removed. If she would not maintain the mandatory Thistle masquerade, neither would he. "Firstly, I heard a woman within the Arena while passing, and could think of very few who might spend productive time here. I was curious. Secondly, I thought you a Valentine." He gestured with his arms as if to imply his reasoning for this was obvious.

"And thirdly, I was concerned you might have hurt yourself. I am studying this sort of trauma—sprains, muscle damage, what have you. I thought you might have been hurt, the way that last hit sounded." Neith waved his hand, dismissing the air. "But, all that aside. You know my name now. I hope you'll consider my help should something happen during your training. I'll leave you to it."

He started on his way, but hesitated in his exit. "Although... before I go, might I make a strange request?"

Salsola
The Warden
Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static

POSTED: Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:58 am

[233]

The Valentine felt a small sense of satisfaction when this 'cousin' of hers dropped his silly little pretense of civility. The political games of Salsola had always done nothing but irk her. She saw no reason in constantly hiding your purpose and your feelings. It just made simple things far more complicated than they ever needed to be. If you wanted to hit someone, you hit them. You didn't smile and call them your best friend in the hopes that they would leave you alone.

He explained himself in simple, if pretentious-seeming, terms and Lace respected his forwardness. In response, some of the ferocity in her gaze was exchanged for interest, though it lost none of its intensity. "I am trained in field medicine, Neith." Alone, it meant very little, but given the circumstances, it was an almost gentle explanation from the rough woman. If she were injured, she would know it before he did and be able to treat herself without his help. His aid was unhelpful and unwanted.

"This whole encounter has been strange, cousin." She snorted. "Not likely to get much weirder." She sighed and readjusted her stance. With all her weight on one foot, she placed a hand on her hip and waved the other one lazily through the air. "Go ahead. Ask away." Lace paused with a glare. "Just remember, I haven't agreed to anything just yet."
>
Salsola
The Family (NPC)
Kris
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:39 pm

She was trained in field medicine. Of course she was, and he should have known this when he approached, just as he should have known her name. Neith considered a moment how the more typical of Thistle inhabitants might have their ears out for such information at a constant, if only to be a step ahead of their fellows, but he did not practice such things. It was not the first time Neith realized himself a rather poor example of Salsolan characteristics—culture, yes, but characteristics, less so.

By the pull of his brows and hooded eyes, these sentiments were replicated on his face by the time he had turned back around. She granted him her blessing to make a request, but it fell short in his throat; he had hoped to ask to draw her, to sketch the pull of her muscles and study the movement of her joints at work, but she was right. The encounter was strange, hostile even, and in the seconds between his question and her answer his mind was changed.

"Mm, that's all right. Dismiss it from your mind, cousin. I wouldn't want to hold you from your training any longer." With a stiff nod of the head, he reposition his satchel and tread fast from the Arena in a mood more frustrated than when he had entered.

She did not abide by the airs and Salsolan masquerade, but neither did she abide by some manner of common decency. Though flawed, Neith was a proud man. He did not need allies like these, and neither did he need cousins just the same.

Salsola
The Warden
Lin
Luperci
CENTRIFUGE
lost in the static

Dead Topics