Growing a little older

Stjarna

POSTED: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Optime | The Ruins | Backdated: August 12th; mid-morning | NPCs: Stone and Agate (brief) (+805)

Artesano job thread for soap-making for Stjarna.

Sorry that this is so long…and mostly ramble-y Dx

The sun had only been in the clear blue sky for maybe a couple of hours when the Bambino had set out into the more populated area of the Ruins. While the section of residence typically belonged to the higher-ranking members, it wasn’t foreign territory for the ever-curious urchin. With days like today where the sun had yet to make the air stuffy and unbearable with heat, the child and her animal companions had taken to a lazy game of Catch-me-if-you-can.

Her feline companions didn’t make it easy for her. Agile and quick, the cats were able to scale dilapidated walls and slip through crevices even the pint-sized Kaiser couldn’t fit through. It made the game a bit unfair for the Luperci, but, she didn’t mind too much. If anything, it gave her a challenge to figure out how to overcome. Their heading was nowhere in particular, merely, wherever their noses or interest drew them to.

So far, they’d spied on Corrine cooking, and had gone so far as to nab a quick snack when she caught the young trio watching her. It helped, Kamari supposed, that her parents had once been slaves like the French woman. It meant one less figure that looked down on her or her family because of their status. A few other adults busy at work had been spotted, however, dutifully avoided so as to not incur their interrogation for her slinking about.

Stone had taken the lead with his cousin, Agate, close on his stub tail. Their claws scratched against the broken stonework as they climbed up the remains from a time long ago. The bobcat-like tabby cleared the obstacle with ease, but, as his red-furred companion reached the top and made to leap down, Agate was caught by his tail by a sudden hand.

The cat let out a surprised yowl as he found himself suddenly hanging.

“Caught you!” Kamari giggled, half hung over the wall in her knee-jerk attempt to catch the feline before he got out of reach. She let go of Agate, allowing him to land on his paws on the ground below. Stone had circled back by the time the jackal-hybrid had managed to get her legs over the wall.

“Did you really have to grab me right then?” the long-tailed feline complained as he turned and licked the fur where his tail started.

“I wasn’t going to catch you otherwise,” she snorted in return, deciding to climb up to a taller portion of the stone wall.

Stone’s whiskers twitched as he watched the girl balance precariously on the structure. “Remember to keep your body centered,” he advised gruffly, his stub tail swishing back and forth in the dirt.

“Yeah, yeah,” she sighed dismissively. Her cornflower blue eyes searched the area around them from her new vantage point. There were fewer trees in the Ruins than there were in the rest of the territory, so, sometimes, it was hard to get a good feel of the land when one was always forced to look from the ground and up.

Scant little caught her eye, that was, until she had been about to get down. She’d spotted one of the adults, the Crone’s wife, in fact. That, in and of itself wouldn’t have necessarily peaked the girl’s interest, however, there had been an odd arrangement of goods around the Arbiter that had Kamari curious. “I’m going to check something out,” she informed the two cats as she leapt off the wall, tucked, and rolled. “I’ll see you two later.”

“Hnn,” Stone huffed.

“I see where we rate,” Agate grumbled, pretending—or perhaps not—to be hurt by being so quickly dismissed.

Kamari squatted next to them and let her hand slide down their spines. “You two are so dramatic,” she stated, rolling her eyes. Finished petting them, Kamari rose to her feet and jogged off to where she’d spied the Arbiter at work. She was sure that her decision would be something they brought up at a later time, but, honestly, she’d rather only she get in trouble with one of the adults than all three of them.

A few turns later, and Kamari found where she’d seen the pregnant woman last. Curiosity was clearly evident in her eyes as she rounded the corner of a bush. “Hello, Arbiter Stjarna,” she greeted politely—slightly breathless from her impatient haste—with bow of her head. Her ears fell a bit against her boyish-styled hair to show respect for the woman’s rank before her. “How are you this morning?”

It’d be easier to transition into asking about the strange goods once the formalities were over with.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Confidant
Songbird
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:20 pm

Ved himmelens ende

Stjarna hadn't allowed for her pregnancy to stop her from doing things that she normally would do. She hadn't allowed for it to slow her down at all. Her last stint as a carrier hadn't lasted long and so she had no reason to believe that this one would carry to term as well. Because of that she didn't change her patterns or try to be more careful.

She sat outside of her home in order to work upon her soaps. She had gone on a recent trip out to gather more items to use in her soap. Not only was she making a batch that she always made for Loki but she was working on others to trade or give away as well. And of course there were all of the new scents and fragrances that she tried out for herself. She was always experimenting and playing around to create something new and interesting.

She looked up when her title and name were both spoken. "Just Stjarna is fine." She said, waving off the title. She had never been one for formalities. They were supposed to be family so why such stiff greetings? "I'm okay. Getting fat again." She said with a laugh and patted at her slightly enlarged stomach. "What about you?" She looked over the younger woman appraisingly. "Are you eating enough? I'm sure I can find something inside." She offered and started to push herself up from her seated position on the ground.

She laughed as her legs buckled and she landed back on the ground again. "I forgot that if you sit long times you can't always stand up." She explained, her limbs having fallen asleep from having sat cross legged for so long. "Just give me a little bit and I will try again."

Sorry for the long wait and terrible post on this | [wc — 300]
template by hilli | Image © Moyan Brenn
Salsola
The Arbiter
Luperci Mate to Loki I FOUND THE BUNNIES Gold Soldier of Love
Faerie-Blooded

POSTED: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:52 pm

(+335)

It’s okay, and your post is fine<333 Tried to ease the thread into getting to the soap bit a little more for ya’<33

The Bambino blinked, her brows raising in surprise at how quickly the pixie woman waved off the formal title. For being mates to a high-ranking member, the child had assumed she might be one of usual sort who prided themselves on their rank and standing within the pack. There were no others besides her own brother that Kamari had been allowed to simply use their name when addressing them. She tried to hide her shock as she nodded, accepting the request, “Alright.”

When the Arbiter commented about her stomach, Kamari’s astonishment turned a quizzical look. “My mother said you’re carrying puppies inside you, and that’s why you look so big,” she explained, her words meant to comfort, but, her bluntness made the comment anything but.

The Kaiser looked down at her own stomach, her hands coming up to pinch away the skin as if trying to see how far it would go. Her stomach was flat as a board, and what little extra skin she managed to pull away did not make it seem possible for it to get as big as Stjarna’s stomach was. “I’m good,” she replied somewhat distractedly. Her eyes came back up to look at the adult. “My parents provide well enough—!” She stopped mid-sentence, rushing forward as the pregnant woman attempted to get onto her feet, only to fall back down.

Kamari’s hands hung uselessly in the air, as Stjarna fell back onto her backside. She looked the woman over. The Arbiter appeared to be alright, and, her quick explanation took off the edge of worry from the young Salsolan. “Do you need anything while you wait, Stjarna?” She looked around, cornflower blue eyes roving over the various, strange assortment of goods around them. “I can get it for you?”

She had no idea what the woman had been doing on here with all the strange and smelly things. And, as she looked about, she inquired, “What is all this stuff anyway?”

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Confidant
Songbird
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:16 pm

Ved himmelens ende

Absolutely anybody could hold the rank that she held. Had she been able to make Seer then that would have been something to be proud of. But as it were, there was nothing special about her current rank. She was the exact same as anyone else within Salsola. At least that was how she saw things. There was nothing important about her and so she needn't some sort of fancy address.

Stjarna shrugged when the youth stated outright that she was carrying. "Maybe. Maybe not." She had yet to let herself actually believe that she was pregnant again. Her first attempt hadn't been a success and so she didn't wish to get her hopes up this time. So maybe she was just fat because she gorged herself, or perhaps she was feeding someone other than herself. She didn't allow herself to consider the latter possibility so that she couldn't be disappointed when this litter possibly wouldn't carry to term either.

"Loki is always bringing something back from his traps. Lykill and Jalda have been set on bringing back what they catch too." Stjarna shrugged a shoulder as she explained away having an abundance of food to be offered. The wolfdog woman was the main provider on the food front, and she still contributed what she could. It just became less and less lately since her stomach continued to get in the way and it had become uncomfortable to shift.

She shook her head when she was asked if she needed anything. "No. I already got all I need out here." Or at least she couldn't think of anything that she would need straight away. When she set about on these ventures she tended to bring anything that she could want with her given that she knew most her of her time would be spent sitting and waiting.

Stjarna glanced around when she was asked what all of the stuff was anyways. "I'm making soap." She reached other to pick up a few flowers. "These ones smell really good." The flowers were dropped in favor of some pine needles. "And this one is for those that don't like flower smells." The needles were dropped for another bunch of flowers. "I haven't tried these before but they are really pretty and should make a pretty color soap.

And I am still lame | [wc — 385]
template by hilli | Image © Moyan Brenn
Salsola
The Arbiter
Luperci Mate to Loki I FOUND THE BUNNIES Gold Soldier of Love
Faerie-Blooded

POSTED: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:27 am

(+470)

Kamari’s brows furrowed at Stjarna’s rather cryptic reply in regards to her carrying pups. She wasn’t quite sure what the Arbiter meant by such a statement, but, logic told her to not make a comment about the woman being fat to be fat. Something told her that it wouldn’t go over well with most Luperci. So, she was resigned to simply offering the pregnant woman a confused look and keeping her lips tightly sealed together. She could probably ask her mother when she returned home that day. She’d probably know what Stjarna had meant.

Of the names that the pixie-woman listed, only one caught Kamari’s ears as familiar. The others, the child assumed, were either lesser-known Salsolans, or creatures that were her companions, much like Stone and Agate were Kamari’s. “They sound like really care for you,” she mused with a smile, “Like my Vati does for my Al’um.” Her father always brought a lot of food home from his rounds around the pack, and the twins—and, by extension, her mother—had never known hunger thanks to his efforts.

When Stjarna declined needing any extra help, Kamari nodded acceptingly, though, she kept a watchful eye on the pregnant woman should she need any help despite her dismissal. Since Stjarna was entertaining her, the child didn’t want to put an unnecessary burden on her. If she needed something, the Bambino would be quick to fetch it.

Soap, that’s what the Helsi woman was making. Kamari’s cornflower blue eyes lit up with a new spark of interest as she looked over the various materials again. Her family didn’t use such luxuries a lot, not ever having the need for them. Their goods and time were often spent on other things. As Stjarna explained the items she’d gathered for scents, Kamari’s gaze danced from object to object, her little nose twitching as she imagined their scents as if they were under it right then and there. Pine needles reminded her of her father, whereas, the more flowery scents were softer, much like her mother.

“Can you use soaps for disguising your scent?” She blurted with poorly contained excitement. “Like when you leave the pack?” Would it be strong enough to cover the Thistle Kingdom’s claim on them? Ideas started to churn in her head of other uses for soap. Her mother came to mind in one such thought.

She moved closer to where Stjarna sat, crouching into a squat so that she was nearer to the woman’s level. Her arms wrapped around her knees. “And how do you get the scent inside them—” Kamari looked away from Stjarna to the materials once more, “—Or, how do you make a bar of soap at all?”

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Confidant
Songbird
Luperci

Dead Topics