Hit the wall until you feel it no more

-Kamari

POSTED: Thu May 10, 2018 8:07 pm

Change was a frightening thing, even for those who had learned to embrace it. This time it wasn’t fear what consumed the black and golden woman but a burning rage so great it stole her from her home and had her wandering in the gloom hours before sunrise. It wasn’t as much the change of leadership but the way it had happened which aggravated her. How could Salvia, the golden Queen – such a strong female have surrendered the crown without a fight? And to the child of a traitor, also a witch.

Wrath awoke a familiar hunger within her, one that could only be sated with the metallic taste of fresh blood. Her steps led her to the Pine Barrens, where she began to prowl through the thick underbrush in search of anything with a heartbeat. Such was her haste that she didn’t care to adopt a quadruped form to ease the hunt. Instead she tracked her prey to its lair and fished it out with her bare hands.

The masked scavenger bit at her fingers in a feeble attempt to save its life, but the huntress caught it by the nape and roughly pulled it out of its burrow. The kill was messy but quick. Kaeli closed her jaws around the animal’s throat and tore until it became a bloody disaster. She devoured the meat warm and raw, staining herself from chin to chest in vibrant crimson. Above three ravens cawed in excitement, patiently waiting for their superior to finish ravaging the carcass before claiming their share.

Finally satisfied she moved away from her victim, leaving the remnants of her meal for the ravens who quarrelled amongst themselves for the best bits. In the horizon the sun sluggishly emerged, painting the land in golden tones as the light cast the shadows away. With the coming of Spring there was no more snow in which to rub off the blood, so Kaeli marched toward the Deception river, which cool waters offered a pleasant and effective way to rid herself of the filth clinging to her fur.

OCC: Tell me if you need anything changed. Feel free to have Kamari meet Kaeli during her bath, after or pp something reasonable. Whatever suits you xD
Last edited by Kaeli Blacksun on Sat May 26, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Confidant
Hydra
Luperci

POSTED: Fri May 25, 2018 10:34 pm

Optime | Pine Barrens (Deception River); early morning (+531)

Sorry for the wait, thanks for starting!

Being up and awake before the rise of the sun was nothing new for the Kaiser. It was always the best time to hunt, be it upon still-sleeping prey or those that believed themselves safe to eat and move about in the pre-dawn hours. For someone like the Sapienza though, it had the added bonus of helping her practice her sneaking skills. However, there was little need for her to hunt in the dark hours before sunrise that day. The family had had plenty of leftovers from the night before, so, the journey out into the shadowed world had been more for her own fun than it had been for a purpose.

She slunk off with her usual garb; her bow with its hip quiver and then her hunting knife secured at the small of her back. Kamari was quiet as she moved about, stealthy as she had always aspired to be. Her large ears swiveled as she skittered about the forest undergrowth, cornflower blue eyes ever watchful of a potential opportunity to be taken advantage of.

The rise of the sun slowly bathed more and more of the forested terrain with its warm rays, chasing away the grey and saturated world. Kamari continued along, not feeling too hungry just yet to head back home or bother to try to catch something. As she shifted here and there though, the distinct scent of blood reached her nostrils, and the arguing voices of ravens drew her in. Upon arriving to the scene, Kamari was met with a rather gruesome death of a raccoon, or, what remained of it.

Good riddance, she thought with a sharp exhale. After her last encounter with one of its kind, she felt little sympathy for the vermin animals.

Kamari had meant to continue on her way—death in the forest was not new, after all—however, in her path around the corvids’ feast, she moved across the path of whoever had slain the raccoon. Normally, the Kaiser would not have cared, however, the scent was of someone not entirely familiar to the jackal hybrid. And it was her curiosity had the Sapienza trail after the raccoon-killer.

At the end of the trail though, she hadn’t expected to come across the scene of her target bathing in the river. The Salsolan was on the taller side, but, then again, most were when compared to the Kaiser. Her coat was unique, reminding Kamari of a piece of half-burned wood; golden brown, fading slowly into a dark umber. Kamari watched for a beat, torn between the decision to try to learn about the woman or to leave her in peace for another time.

In the end, she decided to step away from the foliage that hid her, bringing her out into full view of the larger, older female. “I hope you made that raccoon suffer before you killed it,” she remarked, letting both her presence be known as well as her knowledge of the kill she had stumbled across. She offered the vibrant, green-eyed woman a small smirk, hoping that she might take well to her unexpected visitor rather than chase the teenager off.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Emissary
Songbird
Luperci Sapienza, Vedetta Mate to Krios Royalty of a Fallen Kingdom
IF I WEAR A MASK

POSTED: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:44 am

The blood clung to her fur unyielding at first before finally dissolving into the river, tainting the water red. She scrubbed and rinsed and finally submerged herself completely to emerge once again clean. This ritualistic process helped put an ease to the torrent of thoughts that had plagued her mind before. Patience was a virtue she had built from many deceptions in life and now she had to rely on it for the events to come.

Over the sound of countless droplets falling from her mane into the river she couldn’t hear the stranger’s approach. When the other spoke her ears stood to attention, startled by the unexpected intrusion. Slowly she turned around to look at the female, a young woman, especially small of size considering most females looked small next to Kaeli. Her face was familiar but the name that went with it was one she didn’t know.

The words spoken brought a smile to her dark lips. ”I assure you it did not die quickly.” There was little love between scavengers and predators. To have one’s food and resources stolen after working so hard to obtain them was a vile situation very common in territories with healthy racoon populations. The necessity of their extermination was an excellent cover for the old warrior’s sadistic cravings.

”I don’t believe we have been formally introduced. My name is Kaeli Blacksun.” She offered her name amiably as she emerged from the stream, a cascade of crystalline drops following her movements as she went. She made a brief pause for the youngster’s response before adding courteously. ”I am sorry but I will not be able to entertain for long since I was hoping to head back to retrieve my gear for a training session by myself.” She offered this information knowing now that letting other’s learn of your progress in any area within the Kingdom could be beneficial as such words could quickly reach the ears of those above.
Last edited by Kaeli Blacksun on Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Salsola
The Confidant
Hydra
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:07 pm

(+272)

“Good,” she replied, her smirk parting into a lopsided, amused grin. She hated the vermin, particularly, after they had almost cost her one of the pack’s horses from being rabid. Thankfully, the mare had been quick and wise to rear and run off. Kamari had only regretted not having a good reason to fill the creature full of arrows when she had killed it.

Kamari watched as the older woman emerged from the stream, giving her room to shake off the excess water from her fur. She was much taller than she had originally appeared from her position in the stream. By standards, she was probably one of the tallest females Kamari had ever met in the Kingdom. Standing on equal ground as each other, the Sapienza had never been reminded more clearly of her jackal ancestry. “Kamari Kaiser,” she introduced in turn, dipping her head politely up at Kaeli.

At the mention of training, Kamari found her ears twitching with interest. “Training? Would I be able to accompany you?” She asked. After a beat though, her ears flattened and she added almost shyly, “If it’s not too much trouble, that is.” Kaeli was so tall and large compared to the much smaller Kamari. The jackal hybrid was interested in her technique, of how the woman might have fought differently than the monstrous Jagermeister, Scorpius. To Kamari, it was good to be aware of different styles, particularly, those used by opponents much larger than herself. If she were to ever have any chance of standing against such enemies, it would do her well to know how to best combat them.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Emissary
Songbird
IF I WEAR A MASK

POSTED: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:22 pm

She leaned forward and twisted the length of her mane to rid herself of the water that stubbornly clung to it. A smile crept across her lips upon hearing Kamari’s inquiry, the interest shown by the young female both amusing and inspiriting the aged warrior. ”Of course, will you join me in the arena or do you only want to watch?” Her verdant gaze gleamed the way it always did when she came across another interested in the art of war.

”I have been aching for a good spar for the longest time. If there is something you need to fetch we can meet at the arena.” She offered while stepping away from the flowing stream. She thought if the other was to accompany her home they may delay their training session with conversation and pleasantries. While Kamari had caught her curiosity and learning more about the Apprentice seemed a pleasant notion she was too eager to feel the weight of a bladed weapon in her hands.

Without further delay she made for her home where she fetched bracers, bastard sword and daggers, giving herself the option to choose a weapon once knowing which one the Kaiser intended to wield in the field. Decked and ready she made for the well-known path toward the training grounds, her ravens joining her on the way, curious as ever.

”Are you read? Whish weapon will you be using?” She set the tip of the sheathed sword on the ground and rested her right palm on the pommel while she patted one of the daggers attached to the belt at her hip with the other one.
Salsola
The Confidant
Hydra
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:26 pm

(+367)

I’m fine with minor PPing due to Kaeli being more experienced than Kamari!

Kaeli agreed to allow for the Sapienza’s presence, however, when she went further to ask if Kamari would join her, the teenager’s brows shot up with both surprise and interest. Being that they had only officially made each other’s acquaintances, she hadn’t expected to be able to spar with her. With her lowborn birth and how private in her affairs that she was, Kamari had only a seldom few to test her skills with, and, while they were more than capable partners, they were only a few.

So, with the opportunity presented before her, Kamari found it too good to pass up. “If you’d be up to it, I’d very luck like to join you in the arena.” She wouldn’t overstep herself with arrogant assumptions. When the tawny woman went on, it became clear that, it seemed, they were both itching to test their skills on someone new.

“I have what I need with me,” she confirmed. Scorpius and Vesta had been training her, and, even if she hadn’t had her knives or bow, her hands would have worked just as well. “I’ll meet you at the training grounds.” With that, they parted ways, Kaeli, to return home to retrieve her gear for the friendly match. Kamari did well to not tarry, not knowing how quick the Confidant might be. The last thing she wanted was for the woman to be waiting on her.

When they both reconvened at the training ring, Kamari was surprised to see a few curious corvids flocking the woman who—armed and armored—now had the appearance of a fierce-looking opponent. She nodded to the Blacksun’s opening question. “I am.” Her bow and quiver had been put off to the side while she had waited, not having plans to use either in a short-range fight.

Kamari unsheathed her knife, twirling it into a defensive position with expert handling. “A knife. It’s the only close-range type weapon I’ve practiced in.” She took up a stance, indicating that she was ready whenever Kaeli would be. “Which will you be taking?” She eyed the large sword and the dagger both.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Emissary
Songbird
IF I WEAR A MASK

POSTED: Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:54 pm

Kamari’s choice of weapon could be considered unimpressive by some but Kaeli knew better than to deprecate a war-tool just because of looks. It was the skill of the wielder what truly mattered in the end and she was curious to see how the other handled at a reach disadvantage. She chose the sword for this purpose and unsheathed it swiftly after setting her other weapons aside.

”I’ll stick with the sword.” She offered what she hoped was an encouraging smile, however as always her lips rose to high and the gesture appeared more threatening and closer to a snarl than anything else. ”Clearly you are at a reach disadvantage but ofcoursevyou are also faster than me. Let’s see how you use that in your favour.” Some argued that a great weapon was what made the warrior. That couldn’t be farther from the truth. In reality what mattered was the skill from the wielder and the knowledge required to identify and take advantage of an opponent’s weaknesses. Kaeli was old and slower than she had been during the years of her youth but the experience of many battles and a polished technique was what made her a force to reckon with.

She planted herself firmly, with knees slightly bent and a foot set in front of the other. She held her weapon high with both hands, her wrists bent to aim the tip at the younger warrior. After a brief pause she stepped forward bringing the sword down with a powerful slash, one Kamari had the good sense to dodge in time. She pressed forward with a series of cuts and thrusts, leaving little time in-between attacks which forced the jackal to stay on the move.

As long as the smaller female kept her ground and didn’t allow herself to be cornered against the arena’s walls she would remain unharmed, however she couldn’t keep a defensive strategy forever. Kaeli was excited to see how her opponent would try and turn the table around.
Last edited by Kaeli Blacksun on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Confidant
Hydra
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:00 am

(+487)

The Blacksun chose to go with the sword in the end, and Kamari offered a nod in acceptance of the challenge that the older woman had purposely created. She liked that it didn’t look like the coywolf would make things easy for her. One learned more from their mistakes than from their successes, after all. Kaeli was older, larger, and stronger than Kamari. The spar would definitely help improve Kamari’s techniques and way of fighting on the battlefield. Already, her brain was trying to think of the pros and cons for the spar that was to come.

Kaeli would have a formidable range with her sword, and would be able to keep Kamari at bay, particularly with her longer arm reach added to it. It was a larger and heavier weapon as well, meaning that deflecting or parrying the sword would have to be done with mindful consideration, or else she’d lose control of her smaller knife. A hit made by the sword could prove disastrous in a real fight.

On the opposite side though, Kamari would be quicker and lighter on her feet than the Confidant would be, which would allow her the possibility to dodge most of the intended blows. Wielding the larger weapon would also take more energy, and, if Kamari could evade enough and make her opponent expend too much power, she’d have the advantage over her tired out enemy.

Kamari waited patiently for the sword wielder to make the first move, and strike she did. The sword came down and the Sapienza sidestepped to dodge it. Kaeli anticipated as much though, her blade following her opponent’s movement with the precision of one with many years of experience in battle. She was relentless in her continued assault, her sword moving this way and that, twisting her wrist at the last second in an attempt to catch the Kaiser off guard.

It was quite an advanced sparring session, one that, definitely, kept Kamari on her toes and high on alert for where her opponent might strike or feint next. There were a few close calls. One that would have gotten her face clipped the hairs of her ears instead. Another, where she had tried to deflect the sword, had come dangerously close to catching her fingers. In a different attack, she’d felt the kiss of the sword’s point graze her shoulder.

They were in constant movement, Kaeli slowly working the smaller jackal hybrid towards the wall. Kamari realized this, and knew that if her back became pressed against it, her choices for evasion would be severely limited. So, when Kaeli made a thrust to push her back, Kamari tucked and dodged rolled away, moving so that she came to kneel behind the Blacksun. She struck out with her knife, aiming in what—in a real fight—would have been an attempt to lame her much larger opponent.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Emissary
Songbird
IF I WEAR A MASK

Dead Topics