How many good people have I burned?

For O'Riley and Coaxoch

POSTED: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:41 pm

And every broken heart will mend,
So help me, I won't let this be how it ends.

Faith couldn't believe she was finally doing this.

It had seemed so long ago since she had made her promise.. and now Coaxoch would finally be able to cash in on it. It had taken a lot of thinking.. a lot of painful thinking that came to tears, but she wanted to raise her children with the man she cared so much about.. with their father. It didn't matter anymore if she feared Salsola, the choice had been made.

Family was always the most important thing when it came to her mindset. She knew Hope would never set foot near the place, but she was safer here. She didn't hold the fears that her sibling did.. and didn't need to be watched over. Instead, it was the younger one that insisted on coming along with her. That had been part of the decision as well. Dahlia was still young when the war had struck Inferni, so there would not be others that would recognize her aside from the small party that had been to these lands recently. She would be able to fit in much more easily.

In some ways... the older sister envied her for that luxary.

The two sisters had spent the better part of the past few days gathering together the items they would need not only for the journey, but also to present to the leader as a gift. It was something the pale man had made clear to them if they were serious about coming. Because of her sister's condition, it was her job to gather together the herbs they intended to pass on while the younger one did most of the physical gathering. Her hunts were generally successful, and then all that was left was the break down the bodies, as well as anything else that might have been useful to them.

Spirit was a gentle animal, putting up with the two sisters as they loaded him up. The horse had no formal training when it came to being riden, but it seemed simple enough to gather their things, have the horse help carry them, and lead him to the borders. And neither one of them were aware they would be leading the animal back home.

Traveling along the familiar shore, the robed woman had to take a few moments longer on the journey, her belly ever expanding with the youth growing inside of her. Dahlia had been patient with her the entire way. All her sister's life had been nothing but built up stress and fear. There was no reason to push her when the pack they were seeking out was not going anywhere.

Both paused as they came to the scent of the northern borders. Faith could feel the fear creeping inside of her again, holding her father's staff close to her body. The younger sibling's ears turned down slightly, not happy to see her sister in such a state, but there was no helping it. Stepping towards her, she gripped her sister gently, "Calm down Faith. It's going to be fine. You said so yourself that he promised he would protect you and keep you safe. There is no turning back now."

Faith nodded in return. This was it.

Taking in a deep breath, both females tilted their heads back, their howls rising into the air, trying to make it as non-coyote as they could. Once they were seen, it would be obvious on their heritage. Coaxoch had better pull through on his promise, or all of this was going to be for nothing.

Thread is forward dated to October 21. Please let Mel post first. Just to keep things moving easier, I am going to be NPCing Dahlia in all of Faith's posts. | [wc — +600] template by hilli
Faith de le Poer

Salsola
Dead
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:23 pm

Since returning from the peninsula, O'Riley had thrown himself into seeing to winter preparations he had not have time to do before leaving. A lot of it was patching holes and cutting wood, but he wrangled Grievous into helping him. They were in a good flow, and had made a decent pile so far. It would be divided between the two of them and the medical cabin, which Grievous had become impassioned about in his absence. O'Riley didn't understand. Healing was slow and boring, and Grievous was a decent fighter. O'Riley hassled his cousin about his plans but found himself interrupted by summons from the border.

O'Riley abandoned Grievous and their project to investigate, slowing only to shift to his faster Secui form. He bounded off through the woodland, noting the dead leaves underfoot and the shifting color of some of the trees around them. Through the untouched pine he found easier routes and picked up speed, spooking deer in the process but being too focused on the strangers to care.

What O'Riley found surprised him. Two women stood with a graying horse. The younger one was unfamiliar, but he found himself staring at the elder – his eyes fixed on the symbol she wore.

His face lost all mirth. The fur on his spine stood. With a throaty growl the Erilaz approached, taking no care to hide his obvious displeasure upon seeing exactly who was waiting at his borders. He wondered if this was an ambush, and suddenly wished he had brought Grievous. Lingering at a distance, he curled his lip.

I've seen you before, he told the robed coyote.

if the thunder don't get you
then the lightning will
Salsola
The Erilaz
Mel
'Souls Assemblage Luperci Informatore LET ME IN
a tightening atrocity
ECLIPSE

POSTED: Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:24 am

Every filthy bird and makes us drink
Word Count → 675 :: OOC: im a sleepy monster.

Coaxoch was nervous. So nervous that he found that Sebastien had noticed that he was barely eating, only picking lightly at his food when it was in front of him, and he generally was distracted by the thoughts and worries about what he was going to do about the news that he got from Faith only a week prior. Coaxoch knew what pregnant women smelt like, what they looked like, and it was obvious that their union had resulted in such. He cursed his father's potency in that moment, for it seemed as if it has passed onto Coaxoch as well. His domestic partner had asked him what was on his mind, for Coaxoch seemed distant, and Coax eventually had to tell Sebastien. He didn't on this day, but he did mention that he might have made a mistake. Soon, they would find out if this would work or not, but there was a sinking feeling in Coax's stomach.

Coaxoch had taken Korosk out and started to scout the Northeastern border for the last few mornings, knowing that soon the women would come. He knew that Faith would not leave her family behind, which meant that Dahlia, too would accompany Faith. Coaxoch did not know what the other woman thought of the suddenness of the pregnancy and the decision to join the pack that they ha fought against as a pack, but he hoped that she did not hold any animosity, else it would be very awkward to have her involved with the children's lives as would it be awkward in itself to have his own father and step mothers dote on their grandchildren.

His chest felt tight as he heard the sounds of their howls on the wind, and how much farther they were from his current location. He hoped that he got to them first, but knew that it would be likely that there was another that would be closer. He commanded the elder stallion to turn around and charge off in the direction of the females. Korosk complied easily and huffed loudly as he carried his own weight and Coax's combined across the terrain.

His heart dropped as he had come upon the women with the Erilaz staring them down. Coaxoch pulled on the reigns to bring Korosk to a halt before he got too close to either party and once he had gotten there, his eyes went straight to O'Riley to try and read an expression. The curl of his lip was not what he wanted to see, but alas it was there, and this had made it known to Coaxoch that O'Riley must have known Faith.

Coaxoch dismounted quickly and turned to look at O'Riley. He knew better than to look the other in the face, but he did look at his curled lips. Coax's large ears fell back lightly on his blonde crown and he huffed lightly as he crossed his one arm over his chest to grab at his stump nervously. Erilaz, please have mercy. Faith is heavy with child.... My children.. he explained bluntly as he averted his gaze then and turned slightly to let his eyes of spring glance at Faith and her growing belly. I know you know about Inferni. There is no safe place for her to bear these children. As my blood belongs to Salsola, so does theirs, no matter whom their mother might be. Coaxoch dared to say, his eyes turning back towards the male who was painted of silver and coal. But I love their mother too. I want her as mine, I told her to come to seek refuge here. I wanted to start my family here with her, shall Salsola allow it to be so. he told O'Riley, nodding his head lightly as he nervously shuffled on his feet.

Please...Erilaz...I will do anything you please. he added, hoping that O'Riley could find it within himself to be merciful on him and the mother of his children.

The poisoned wine to fornicating with our kings.

Template by Kitty | Art by Riorix@FA

Salsola
The Family
Jmonster
Luperci
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:44 am

The call had gone out... so all that was left to do now was to wait. Someone was sure to hear the voices calling out in the air.

The younger sibling's head moved up first, her body tensing up a bit as she thought she heard something moving ahead of them. Hopefully with any luck, it would be Coaxoch. Better him to find the pair than anyone else. But of course, it wasn't going to be as simple as that. It was indeed another male that came to greet them, but one seemingly more hostile than the one-armed man had been. His eyes focused on the robed woman, letting them linger before he spoke.

He had seen her before.

It was no lie. When the war was still beginning, the male before them had been one she saw at Inferni's borders. She had once considered he might have been lying to her, but now the roles were switched. Now she had come to his borders, and if they were going to have any chance of getting into Salsola, both of them had to be on their best behavior. The younger sibling had only moved in front of her older one out of reflex. Even though this would be their new home, members of this kingdom still could not be fully trusted.

Taking a deep breath, Faith took a small step forward, still staying on the outside of the borders, "I remember you.. We.. we both have come to join Salsola.."

And it was at that moment when the cream male had made his appearance. Both women shifted their heads over to him as he approached the first male that had come to them. He had begun to beg this man, the Erilaz, to allow them... or more so Faith... to be able to join Salsola. He had mentioned that Inferni was not a safe place to raise children, nevermind the fact that she had mentioned the clan was no more.

Being a loner with no father for her children was no way to raise them.

Letting her voice be heard again, she fought to get the Erilaz' attention, "Coaxoch.. informed us that we would need gifts to be able to join.. We've gathered a number of pelts, meats, and medical herbs to offer to Salsola in return.. for refuge.."

In order to help his case, she continued on, "Please.. I do love him.. and I don't want my children to be fatherless.."

The younger sibling stood by, letting her sister and her lover pled their case to the man. One hand rested on Spirit's led rope, arms crossed along her chest. It was nice to see her sibling find some kind of confidence in order to make this work. Maybe it helped that she had seen the man that came to greet them once before.

ooc stuff here | [wc — +400] template by hilli
Faith de le Poer

Salsola
Dead
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:55 pm

A massive black horse came thundering from the east. O'Riley turned his head, half-expecting the ambush he had already imagined and prepared for, but saw instead a familiar figure riding abreast the shaggy beast. He showed his teeth in spite of this. The younger woman stepped in front of the elder, and he considered what their relationship might be.

Coaxoch's arrival seemed fortuitous. Once he began to explain, the look of fury on O'Riley's face became mingled with a new expression – surprise, perhaps, before it became more contained. It became obvious at once to him what must have transpired, and when the coyote stepped forward her swollen belly became apparent.

O'Riley dug his toes into the cold earth. He forced himself to appear calm and little by little this happened.

Gods, he hated them still.

The venom bled into his eyes as he stood there and listened. In a way he was unable to process their thinking. It did not occur to him that an enemy might seek mercy from their conquerors. He could not put himself in such a position, and when he did, his thoughts turned to violence as they so often did. The closer to an enemy one became, the more opportunity arose to destroy them.

But she loved him, she said, just as he loved her. Ill-fated lovers so rarely escaped tragedy.

Coaxoch. The name came out of O'Riley's mouth. His voice had become dangerously quiet. When did you intend to inform me about this?

Without waiting for his answer, the big wolf stepped towards the pair of coyotes until he was within striking distance. His voice leveled as he examined them again, as if he had just seen them for the first time. Their eyes were similar, as was their smell. Relatives, he decided. That explained why they had both come.

What are your names? O'Riley asked the women, looking between them and to their offering. Where did you get all these things? They looked ill equipped to be thieves, though it was his first thought.

then the lightning will
Salsola
The Erilaz
Mel
a tightening atrocity
ECLIPSE

POSTED: Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:34 pm

Every filthy bird and makes us drink
Word Count → 393 :: OOC: and now i am a late monster.

It was safe to say that Coaxoch and O'Riley were far from being close, though Coaxoch would assume that things were better than they had been when they were younger, as there had been a cease in comments about how "a one armed man could do this and that". They both had grown up a bit since then, and now they were both grown men. O'Riley still was young, too young to bear children, and Coax thought himself to have been the same, though this situation seemed to have told him that he was wrong, so very wrong.

When the question came from the male and it had become apparent that he was surprised (and possibly disgusted) Coaxoch looked away from O'Riley for a moment in shame. He wanted to tell O'Riley the truth, that they are nowhere near close enough for him to have trusted him with such information, but he also did not wanted to hurt the chances of Faith coming into the pack, as things seemed that they were going to become more time intensive sooner than later. He looked back up at the silver male and he let a small sigh pass his lips. He would have folded his hands over his chest if he had two arms to do so with.

I was going to meet with The Boss tonight on the matter. I was not expecting the girls to arrive so early. he spoke to the other, his half tail flicking back and forth slightly. He took a deep breath then. Plans are made to be spoiled though, and I do not blame them for being early. The wild is no place for children of the Thistle Kingdom to grow. I'm sure they would be sickly when they arrive in this world if we let them go much longer without food and warmth. he commented on the matter before O'Riley got dangerously close to the two women. Coaxoch, too, stepped closer and his ears fell back on his head once more. He did not get between O'Riley and the girls but he did let his presence be known with his own closeness. He didn't want this to devolve into violence, and if it did, he'd rather let himself be harmed rather than Faith, or Dahlia for that matter.

The poisoned wine to fornicating with our kings.

Template by Kitty | Art by Riorix@FA

Salsola
The Family
Jmonster
Luperci
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:10 pm

There was quite a bit of tension in the air. In her mind, it made sense that Coaxoch would not want to tell his leader, or rather leaders if here was more than one, about the union the two of them had shared together. Their homes had been at war with one another, and there was no way they would accept one of their own courting with a member of Inferni.. even if the clan was no longer around. Still, they had made plans to come to Salsola when Faith had made her final decision.. so that did beg the question of why Coaxoch hadn't informed someone ahead of time...

The male's attention soon turned back to the two females. The time for pleas were over as he asked his questions. There was no point in trying to hide it anymore. This male knew who she was, and lying was no option, "I.. I am Faith de le Poer.."

The younger sibling was much more confident, taking to the stage once again, "And I am Dahlia de le Poer. And to answer your other question, we gathered them. In my sister's condition, she gathered the herbs. I spent what days we had before making the journey here hunting and trapping to gather our offering."

The older sibling stood at her sister's side, moving over to Spirit. She offered the horse a gentle rub before taking some of the items that had been attached to the horse's side. Wrapping her arms around them, they were brought over to O'Riley, her arms stretched out to the tip of the borders so he could inspect the items that had been brought over, "We will cause.. no trouble to Salsola.. You have our word.."

ooc stuff here | [wc — +300] template by hilli
Faith de le Poer

Salsola
Dead
Salena
Luperci Chaos Star

POSTED: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:21 pm

There had been points of contention between the two men as boys, when O'Riley saw weakness in things as obvious as a missing limb. He had not changed much as he grew, though their society and families forced him to reevaluate what a cripple might contribute.

Seeking out their enemies, laying with them, that was undeniable weakness. It would have been better if Coaxoch had picked any other woman to bear his children, even if it was a coyote. Were he not so convinced of his own superiority O'Riley might have found reasons to justify such behavior.

He couldn't, though. His ego wouldn't allow it.

So his expression soured as the one-armed man explained himself. O'Riley didn't look at him, though. His attention was zeroed in on the pregnant woman and what he now learned was her sibling. There was visible disdain on his face the longer this went on, as if he had smelled something souring.

de le Poer? He repeated, as if annoyed to realize they shared his bloodline. He sniffed at the offerings, recognizing only some of the herbs, but thought the collection adequate. With reluctance he looked to the other man, scowling.

I will tell the Boss about this. You are responsible for both of them. Bring the supplies to the Quartermaster, so that she may distribute them as she sees fit. As for you two, he turned his head back towards the coyotes. Your word has yet to carry worth here. Until such time, it remains worthless. If either of you gives us reason, your rights will become forfeit.

He cleared his throat with a huff. Take them to Millstone when you've finished, O'Riley instructed Coaxoch.

With that, the big wolf turned and made his way back into the forest.

then the lightning will
Salsola
The Erilaz
Mel
a tightening atrocity
ECLIPSE

POSTED: Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:30 pm

Welcome to Salsola

Welcome to Salsola! As a new member of the pack, you're ranked as an Associate. We strongly encourage you to read over the Associate area of our website for further information about your rank, promotions, and other relevant things.

As a new member, why not:

• Start plotting with your fellow members -- start or join an Open Thread on Salsola territory.
  • Figure out if your character wants the Cotona ritual to take place, and where on their body they'd like the scar.
  • Figure out which of the Jobs you'd like and let the leadership know which you're considering.
  • Check out our pack game and start earning points! You can claim a residence in the the Ruins after 50 points in the pack game (note: residences outside this area is free).
  • Add yourself to our Directory, and please remember to add your character's animal companions to our Stables! See Salsola Maintenance for further information.
  • Familiarize yourself with the pack's leaders and make sure you contact one of us if you encounter any sort of difficulty or require any assistance. You can send us a Private Messages or post to the Salsola Maintenance thread.
Salsola
OOC Account
Mel & Alaine

Dead Topics