Who is to blame for the way you made me?

[p. Kamari]

POSTED: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:37 pm

Probably sometime in the middle of the night. Again.

Krios had come home before Kamari. In that beautifully quiet who knew how long he had managed to clean himself up of the smell of the bar and other patrons, even if nothing untoward had happened. He knew that Kamari would not appreciate him reeking of strangers, especially strange women.

Unfortunately, he had mistakenly attempted to use a bottle of clear liquor used for medical purposes first before switching to the much smaller bottle of floral water for cleaning fur behind the house. The water bucket swirled with the dust of the road and the excess dry grass that got caught in his fur before he brushed it out. At least he was a very sanitary drunk at that point before he perfumed himself. He even managed to stay upright despite swaying in considerably dramatic angles.

So, bathed and smelling more like a fermented rose than anything else, he had settled himself to sleep on his ever-so-lovely pile of furs. Belle, the pretty kitty that Brocade had so kindly given him, came to glide against him for a moment before pausing in disgust at his smell. Her nose rankled as she mewled her distaste at him and all Krios could do was wave his arm pointlessly at her. Belle slipped back out of the door, which remained slightly ajar.

Likely, she was going to tattle to the other cats in the house that her owner was completely sloshed again. Damn tattle-tale kitty-cat. Krios giggled as he turned on his furs, feeling somewhat uncomfortable.

He wiggled aggressively, trying to get a good spot hollowed out in his pile of furs where he could get comfortable. Why was that spot so lumpy? He elbowed the fur and hit something hard but the lump of discomfort was dislodged and he settled into the groove like a babe to the teat.

Krios hiccuped contentedly as he shut his eyes, unable to smell the wine that was slowly pouring out of the bottle he had dislodged with his elbow. It ran a rivulet down the uneven dirt floor and stained it dark brown. The smell was overwhelming but his poor nose only burned of roses.

Krios Revlis
Come touch me like I’m an ordinary man. Have a look in my eyes. Underneath my skin there is a violence

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Salsola
The Inquisitor
Gen
Vedetto, Milite Mate to Kamari
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:12 am

Optime | The Ruins (KamKrios House) | Night | NPCs: Stone & Agate (Brief) (+784)

When she finally arrived at the house, it was late. She led Cedar over to the paddock and relieved him of his riding gear. The pair had been out training under Velimir’s instructions, attempting to further sharpen their bond and hone their skills for night skirmishes. The times Kamari had in-between her missions beyond the Kingdom’s borders were often filled with such training sessions under the old Voronin, and the lesson that night had been a long and arduous one.

A dip in the small lake behind the house rinsed her of the scent of a long day’s hard work, and left her smelling wild and refreshing instead of like an overworked dog. She shook out her fur, collecting her neatly folded clothes as she made her way back to the house. As she drew closer, she hadn’t expected the strong scent of tainted roses to assault her. Her nose wrinkled, and any weariness from her earlier duties and training quickly evaporated.

Following her nose, she found the source of the smell centralized to a particular area. The ground was wet, and the bucket nearby still had a few droplets in it. Dropping down to a crouch, she took a few more inquisitive sniffs, exhaling sharply as she recognized her husband’s scent mingled amongst it all.

He was coming home late again, something that had started to become a habit recently. It had started before she had left on her mission southeast, and she had caught him coming home at odd hours a few more times since her return to the Kingdom. Kamari had an inkling of what he was doing, however, since their last fight, she had been reluctant to confront him again. She wasn’t ready to deal with another session of trying to figure out if drunk Krios was just mouthing off or if what he’d said was really how he felt when sober.

She stood up and turned to go back to the house. The cats were out on the porch when she came up to the back door. Agate and Belle were perched on the woodpile, and Stone stood to his feet at the sight of her. “Stone, don’t—” Agate tried to plead.

“He’s drunk again,” the large tomcat growled, ignoring his cousin.

Kamari let out an irritated, calming sigh as her feline companion confirmed what she had already suspected. “I thought he might be,” she whispered, opening the door and continuing into the house. Inside, it was dark, but, the Emissary knew every inch of it by heart. She had every intention to continue on to her room, but the strong stench of alcohol burned her nose more than the fermented rose water had.

The Emissary ignored it, shaking her head as she continued towards her own bedroom. With her clothes clutched against her chest, she opened the door softly and slipped inside. As she closed it though, she found her hand lingering on the wood. Something—worry?—ate at her.

As much as he made her mad and pissed her off, he was still her friend.

She put her clothes down onto a nearby dresser, plucking the tunic from the top of the pile and putting it on. Slipping back out of her room, she silently made her way to Krios’. The stench of alcohol grew stronger as she quietly eased the ajar door further open, and she wondered just how much he had had to drink that his flower water could not mask it.

Everything in her told her to leave him to wallow. If he was going to get that drunk, he would only be insufferable if he was able to speak coherently at all.

In the darkness, she found her husband laying on his bed, and, on the floor, a dark, pooling liquid had spread out. Alarmed, Kamari quickly crossed through the threshold and towards Krios without asking for permission, her nostrils flaring to make sure she hadn’t somehow missed the scent of blood. All she could smell was the overpowering stench of wine though. Upon reaching his bedside, instead of feeling relieved that he wasn’t hurt, she found her anger flaring as she realized it was just spilt wine.

Really? Krios?” She snarled loudly, hoping to rouse him from whatever stupor or half-dazed state he might have been in. She saw the lump in his bed furs, and—with a clawed hand—she threw back the edge of the pelt. Moonlight twinkled on the neck of a partially-drained bottle of wine.

She was seething.

“Is being drunk at that bar not enough for you anymore?” She snapped, glaring at him.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Songbird
Moderator Luperci Sapienza, Vedetta Mate to Krios Royalty of a Fallen Kingdom
Seeker of Secrets
Amongst Shadows
Bearer of Masks

POSTED: Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:52 am

--

It was a very shallow dream that clung to his brain. The smell of roses and alcohol in reality had him panicking in that light slumber that he was failing to distill a rose wine and that it was all coming out wrong, with the specter of his aunt leering at him out of the shadows, calling him a disgrace to his Heiwa blood. His limbs twitched a bit as he tried to reach the deeper throws of sleep but the voice that was not his aunts sharply slapped him right back into wakefulness.

Well, groggy wakefulness as he jerked himself half upright, supporting himself on his elbows and blinking unevenly in the dim night. It was still night, certainly, which meant that something had happened or Kamari was mad. Or both. Honestly, probably both knowing her.

Whut? he said, addled by sleepiness as he attempted to rub it from an eye. Kamari lunging forward and forcing back the furs that he happened to be laying on made him scramble to the side somewhat, as he tried to process what exactly was happening to him. A difficult task considering he was still under the effects of the alcohol he had consumed at the bar and having been attempting to sleep.

Krios looked down at the bottle, half-empty of its blood red contents. He could not even smell the wine in the air over the floral water and the liquor that still clung to his pelt. Spilled wine? No good. He frowned deeply at the loss as he reached for the bottle, righting it and examining the quantity left. Kamari's tones echoed in his head like knives, demanding to be answered, but he could not muster a good response.

At least it wasn't a good one, he mumbled, casually tossing the half-full bottle across the room so that it rattled on the floor and bumped on the wall, dots of liquid covering the trajectory on the floor. What's it to you what I do in my own room or my own time? So what? he said sharply, glaring at her with watery eyes that burned with the need to sleep. The whites were tinted red, not from cannabis use, but from exhaustion.

Krios pushed himself up a bit more and ignored the unsettling sensation in his belly as the contents shifted somewhat. What do you care so long as I do my duties and come home safe with our good name intact? What do you care so long as you're not tainted by what I do? So long as I don't disgrace our marriage vows? he asked, his voice rising. Not a single word was slurred but it was clear that the Striker was tired.

Krios Revlis
Come touch me like I’m an ordinary man. Have a look in my eyes. Underneath my skin there is a violence

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Gen
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

POSTED: Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:20 am

(+323)

Her anger-filled words roused him quickly enough, though, he was by no means lucid. He was slow to react, and even slower still to process what she was furious about. She wondered how often he visited that bar, how many surveyance missions he went on that were really just excuses to intoxicate himself and drown out everything that made him unhappy. Had his frequency increased while she had been away from the Kingdom?

Krios regarded the bottle she had found, looking at it and the mess he had made with it. Then…he tossed it aside, letting it clink against the floor and roll away, spilling more of its vile liquid that slowly seeped from its broken seal. His nonchalance, his comment, they all caused her lips to curl.

He didn’t care.

The Revlis seemed to sober by the second, his words taking on that sharp, hateful edge as they had many times before when he had gotten drunk. “I care because you’re my friend, Krios. Is this really what you want to do?” She challenged, gesturing to the dark stains growing on the floor of his shadowed room. “Wallow in your self-pity and drink yourself into oblivion? You have so much potential and talent, and you allow yourself to become no better than those drunks at that bar. Belle won’t even come in here!”

Kamari stood back, her fingers curling into fists. “I’m sure your mother would have been real proud of you right now.”

She spoke with venom on her tongue. She was tired of this, of him coming home late completely drunk. He had become a liability, to the Kingdom and to himself. What if someone took advantage of his inebriated state and followed him home? Robbed him? Attacked him? Dragged him off or burned him alive like they had Loki?

The thought made something in her chest catch.

Did he really not care?

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Songbird
Moderator Luperci Sapienza, Vedetta Mate to Krios Royalty of a Fallen Kingdom
Seeker of Secrets
Amongst Shadows
Bearer of Masks

POSTED: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:10 am

--

Why did it always seem to come to verbal blows with his wife? Why did it always seem like they were speaking the same language but a different dialect so something was always mixed up and misunderstood. Inevitably, she was in the right, though. Kamari was always right or so it seemed. There were plenty of times when she did not quite get it but she was right more often than not. He ought to have listened to her more, but his stubbornness fought logic.

It took name-dropping to get through his miasma of sorrow. He looked to the doorway, where his cat sat trim and pretty with her tail delicately waving behind her. Her nose seemed somewhat rankled and it was clear she was not passing through the threshold.

Krios looked up at Kamari as she stood back, her fists balled up in anger. He swallowed hard as a lump started building in his throat: it refused to dissipate.

I.. I don't know what else to do, he admitted haltingly. Krios looked down at his hands. They were still his hands and not the hands of a drunk, he figured, but yet his head swam and his heart hurt. Was this what happened to his father? Was this how he had been conceived? He had heard the story that his mother had taken advantage of his father in his drunken state and conceived him and his stillborn sister, though it was not public knowledge and contrary to the tale he himself spun to protect their reputation.

I don't want to become like Lokr. But I don't know what to do. Everyday hurts. Tears welled up in his eyes but he blinked them away. He was too strong of a person to cry again. He had shed his tears early and that was all that he felt permitted. Even his grandmother was moving on, though it was clear that she was tired more than anything else.

Krios did not know what on earth he was doing lately. It feels like knives here, he said, pressing his fingertips to his chest. I couldn't even save my mother from her sister. What kind of protector am I? Krios swallowed back his emotions again. That was why he drank, not just to dull the pain of a spouse that did not love him. He was not so shallow as that, contrary to what everyone seemed to think of him. What kind of Shield am I? His throat caught and he clamped his mouth shut and stared at the furs.

Then, he looked up. You should just leave me for some one better. O'Riley. That was someone better.

Krios Revlis

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Gen
Bloode Moste Potente
buy back the secrets

Salsola