Let the fangs of decadence poison my soul

- Lithia and leadership

POSTED: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:51 pm

Word Count → 399 :: OH, heyo! Dated for Septemper 18th. Let me know if the date is not okay.

There was a bittersweet sadness in the air that lingered like the scent of rain from the recent storm. The umber Lykoi could not dwell on what he had left behind, family or not. He was forsaking everything he had worked for to join the serpents in their grand kingdom. Despite the sadness, his fur bristled with excitement for what was to come. He would be challenged here and his victories would be amply rewarded, or so Lithia promised. Finally, he would be awarded the chance to live like the king he once saw himself as and that had him sitting tall on Aithon's bare back.

His body was clothed in much finer garbs than he had worn in some time, thanks to his consort. Maroon cotton, with long sleeves, laced his earthen fur. The robe style garb was tied in place with a black sash that also crossed over his right shoulder. Loose black pants in his usual harem style decorated his lower half. His hair had been trimmed from its long, wild state, closer to how he once wore it when he saw himself fit to be king. Lastly, a charming grin added the finishing touches to his princely look. He was sure to impress his new queen and lover.

Greed reached the Kingdom's barrier, lined with well placed thistle. It wasn't until he arrived that an unpleasant knot settled into his gut. Up until now, he had been confident in his decision. It was much too late to turn back and the thought had not yet crossed his mind, nor would it. This was what he wanted. This was where he was meant to be. Life up until now had proven to be nothing more than a struggle, unfit for a Lykoi prince. He refused to lack the luster he once had and Salsola would be sure to help him regain it.

With the lifting of his head in confidence, he threw a howl into the space beyond the borders. He would expect for the candy eyed seductress to meet him here first, but he was ready no matter who came. After his jaws snapped shut and the call ceased, Greed dismounted the mustang horse. He patted Aithon lightly and looked through his pack to assure the proper assets were present. Amber hues then searched the horizon for whoever would answer his call.

The Order
The Quill
Sami
Luperci Bound by blood, never alone.
We still believe

POSTED: Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:26 pm

(290) I am heeere :D

A familiar howl cut through the sky, and Lithia was out the door of her cabin in seconds. So much preparation had gone into helping Greed, preparing him for this moment. She told him what to bring and what to speak of… and anything beyond this point, she hoped it’d all go right. She climbed into Gezi’s saddle and took off toward the sound, hoping to get there before Elphaba or O’Riley did, so that they could exchange a few words in private.

She couldn’t help but feel relaxed as Gezi’s smooth form raced through the lands, hesitating when they hit the forest, but weaving through the trees as if he had been born in a deep, thick forest. The eloquence of his stride hadn’t lasted for long in the forest, though. He was still hesitant to ride straight into a tree, so he picked his way carefully until they were out of the woods and back on clear land again.

Luckily for her, Greed’s position was not that far off from where she lived, so she was the first one to arrive. She threw him a smirk, eyeing the elegant clothes he’d adorned himself in, how tame his hair looked, and how utterly handsome he was. Had they not had a calling, she might’ve taken him into the woods right then.

”Well, don’t you look stunning.” She brought Gezi to a stop just a few feet away and climbed down from the saddle; the leather squeaked with the shift in weight. Once on the ground, she fixed her clothes, much less fancy than Greed's... but she wasn't the one put on display today.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:18 pm

Word Count → ??? :: hello there! what a pleasant surprise >:3

Summer was in decay. Sweetly it rotted, like the overripe fruit fallen in the orchard; Though it remained warm and heady in the sunlight, day by day the nights grew cooler, and the water that flowed down from Halcyon held in it memories of ice and snow.

Soon it would be autumn truly. But Salsola was, for the most part, a realm of evergreen pine woods, thistle and bramble. It would not falter, not even when the first bitter frost came, still some moons from now.

The woman waiting by their border with the Outsider - Lithia Napier - reminded Elphaba of winter. She was dark as coal in some places, but dusted with flecks of silver and gray as though she'd just been standing out in a light snowfall. There was a pride to her, undiminished by her time among the Family, that the young queen found fascinating.

Elphaba's grey mare was quiet as they drew near, but her small ears swiveled at the stranger's mustang with interest. The Boss did not dismount. Her eyes, cochineal and bright as fresh blood, wandered curiously over the pair. What a pair they were! There was evidently some familiarity between them, standing so close - and it had been the Outsider who had called, after all.

Confident astride the mare's broad back, she unlaced her fingers from the silvery mane and held one hand, palm up, in an old style of greeting. "Lithia, how lovely it is to see you," Her voice was warm as whisky, casual in spite of the way her vivid stare plucked at the fine garb of the unfamiliar man, assessing and direct, "And who is this - A friend of ours? Tell me, Outsider, what is your name and your business with my Familia?"

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
Luperci Witch she hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit the queen is dead, long live the queen
hierophant
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:33 pm

Word Count → 399 :: <3

An infinitesimal amount of time passed before his mottled beauty arrived to greet him. Greed stepped forward with with a graceful stride as Lithia dismounted her steed. His hand twitched at his side, tempted to reach out and pull her close; yet it was not the time nor the place for such affections. Soon, he would be pelted with the intensity that was Salsolan leadership.

The Napier woman complimented his attire and overall appearance and he offered her a smooth grin. There has never been such an important occasion as this one. It was necessary. His deep voice dripped off his tongue like melted butter, warm and full of charming flavor. As a diplomat, it seemed all the visits he made to surrounding packs and bands were merely preparation for this very moment.

There was no further time for exchanged words. The Queen herself strolled up on her stormy equine companion, with all the confidence the world had to offer. Greed's shoulders relaxed from their prideful position and he bowed his head at she neared them. She addressed Lithia first, her words directed at the her while her gaze analyzed him. He was sure she would find his appearance pleasant, not at all unworthy of the protection of the great Thistle Kingdom. While his posture read submissive, his expression was anything but. Confidence painted his features, wrapped in a bow with his charismatic smile.

Then the questions came, and Greed lifted his head to speak. I am called Greed Lykoi and it is a pleasure to be standing before you. Thank you for answering my call. Greed took a breath, not departing his gaze from the dark Queen. I have come in hopes of joining your ranks. I could only be so lucky. Salsola sang me a song my heart could not ignore. There were many reasons why he was here. At the top of that list was the woman standing next to him.

Last edited by Greed Lykoi on Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Order
The Quill
Sami
Luperci Bound by blood, never alone.
We still believe

POSTED: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:58 pm

(295) Alaine your writing is gorgeous as always!

As proud as Lithia may have always been, she did not ignore her superiors. As a child, when she had seen her mother hunger for power, Lithia hungered for her wants and needs, but it had never bloomed into a jealousy for her higher ups. Yes, Elphaba, a female very similar to herself, was the ruling lady of Salsola. That was not what Lithia wanted. In truth, she wanted to be recognized, wealthy, and powerful, but she did not strive to be the Boss, nor the leader of any pack.

When Elphaba graced them with her presence, Lithia studied her… keeping her eyes respectful. Her pink hues could be intense, and she had not set her hard gaze upon Elphaba, one who she silently respected. Instead, she stole glances, watched as the woman rode on a gray mare quietly approaching, watched as she addressed her, and then Greed.

”Queen Elphaba, it’s lovely to see you as well,” she replied back, evenly, and then switched her gaze to Greed when he was addressed. She simply nodded to a friend of ours and remained silent, allowing Greed to explain himself, trusting that she did not have to do that for him.

His words tumbled forth, smooth like the honey that dripped from overripe hives in the summer. She had been nervous at first… nervous that he’d somehow mess this up for himself… but this was Greed we were talking about. No one had smoother words than he. If anyone was to charm a lady, win a queen over, it would be him.

Lithia stood nearby silently, listening to the exchange. Gezi snorted behind her, lowering his head to munch on some grass. Lithia stood attentive, her hands clasping before her, observing the exchange between Queen and Lykoi.

Salsola
The Family
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts
and from it she fled

POSTED: Sun Sep 22, 2019 8:14 am

Word Count → ??? :: sorry for my delay guys, been a hectic week!

She'd seen the likes of vagabonds and loners before. Most of the time they wore their impoverishment like a penitence, skinny with it, hungry with it. Tattered clothes and torn ears. A lack of... Quality.

This Outsider, Greed Lykoi as he named himself, suffered none of those familiar ailments. He had come upon her border with the well-dressed, well-fed and debonair charm of a merchant or more - This alone was of great interest. Keeping her expression mild, Elphaba breathed deeply of the man's scent, her black nose twitching slightly with the motion. He smelled like none of the remaining packs that she knew.

Mysteries upon mysteries. Elphaba loved a good puzzle.

"Salsola's song, was it?" Her eyes wandered knowingly over the man. It took no great Seer to predict the truth beneath the sentiment; There was no siren song sweeter than that of a beautiful woman, and Lithia Napier was surely a beauty for the ages.

It was, as her kingdom understood it, the plain fallacy of men. They loved beautiful things so readily.

Still, to be seduced by a Salsolan was no crime. The grey mare shuffled beneath Elphaba's thighs, and she took a moment to still the creature with a firm hand. "You would vouch for him?" The question was directed at the magenta-eyed woman, and after her response, the queen's vivid gaze returned to the Outsider. "Greed Lykoi," He had an old, powerful bloodline. Salsola never forgot the first ones. "What makes you worthy of all the riches of my domain? What kind of man are you; A hunter, a fighter?" She smiled, a lovely and terrible thing to behold, "Or perhaps, something else?"

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
Luperci Witch she hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit the queen is dead, long live the queen
hierophant
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

Salsola