i was born in a thunderstorm

dat urho

POSTED: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:26 pm

oh hello, this posts sucks wahhh -- its like mid afternoon, cloudy, and we can pretend that a storm is on its way. :)

The patrols were long, but still she maintained her vigil despite the tired ache that had begun to settle into the balls of her feet. The heft of the bow came easier now and despite her practice found that her aim remained off centre. The crisp autumn air brought with it signs of change, for she had sighted bears who had begun the final stages of their foraging before they would disappear for the winter.

Her vantage point was a small platform that had been built into the branches of an ancient tree, and she allowed her legs to hang swinging over the edge. She was unadorned, safe for the thin gold chain about her neck that matched the baubles in her ears. She had found the platform all together by accident, misfiring an arrow high into the trees and stumbling upon the thing as she had climbed up to retrieve her prize.

It was a long forgotten blind, though she had no thoughts as to how the thing had come to be there. It allowed here to see out beneath the heavy verdant canopy, and she flared her nostrils eagerly as the winds changed. Salsola was feeding the sharp side of her, the side that could run for hours on end and collapse happily against the forest floor. Here, she was no longer a lady but an Associate – a child in the grand scope of the Thistle Kingdom.

Already she could feel herself changing, and the lean muscle that had begun to creep beneath her pelt was solid proof.

The sound that came through the trees had her curl her lips, the glimmer of her fiery eyes shifting as she lifted the bow into her seemingly delicate hands. The arrow was notched clumsily (she cursed herself for the error) and she balanced the edge of the bow against her side, her arm drawn back carefully to against the smooth charcoal of her cheek.

Salsola
The Warden (NPC)
Amanda
Luperci
CARPE NOCTEM!

POSTED: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:02 pm

Desert of snoW

The big bear of a man was not the patrolling type, it was obvious by the sight of his portly belly. Without a horse to get him around faster, he was much more content to sit and sight from a tower than trek by foot and having to heave after any trespassers. No, Urho was much more efficient than that, finding other ways to complete the same action but with much less effort.

Today, however, he was out with his bow hunting for dinner. There wasn't much around in the woods this time of year, with most of the small prey starting retreat underground — but there were just enough moose and deer around to claim for the stores.

It seemed that someone else had the same idea, with the familiar smell reaching his nose. A grin spread across his face as he looked around, pulling an arrow from his quiver and silently nocking it. The quiet sound of wood clacking rang from above him, to which he gazed up and found the owner of the scent, grinning even wider as he turned to aim from the opposite side of the tree, letting the arrow fly up and strike on the other side, away from the occupant.

He did his best to stifle a laugh, but he couldn't help letting one or two chuckles leak through, likely giving away his position below. Her form was off, anyway, he thought. She would have been hard pressed to nail a target trying to shoot like that.

BEEP BOOP <3 | [wc — 253] template by hilli
COMMISSIONS ALWAYS OPEN! PM FOR QUESTIONS!
Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
Titmouse
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:19 pm

oh hey der bundersnoot

Hyacinth scanned the forest efficiently, the bright flame of her eyes flickering against the rich markings on her face. She huffed a breath, searching for movement in the trees that would give way to whatever it was that had begun its slow descent towards her. There was no noise, save for the heavy beating of her heart -- and she felt her lips pull into a toothy snarl as she prepared to let her arrow loose.

Thunk.

The heavy wooden sound had her turning in the tree, the bow and arrow all but forgotten in her arms as she came face to face with an arrow that had been sent in her general direction. The woman felt her eyes narrow, and she pulled the thing fiercely from the tree to have it settle in her lap. Everything was a mess now, the bow string looped awkwardly through one arm, the arrows balanced precariously against her thighs -- though it was the laughter through the trees that bade her pause -- her expression darkening with mirth.

"I should have smelt you coming Hevonpaska." her voice was raspy, and she growled softly as she threw an arrow towards Urhos position, "You are lucky I didn't 'it you." She chuckled, her large ears fanning side to side. The bow bounced against her chest as she adjusted herself, padding towards the edge of the platform to search for him through the trees. "Où es tu?"

Salsola
The Warden (NPC)
Amanda
Luperci
CARPE NOCTEM!

POSTED: Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:39 pm

Desert of snoW

At least she recognized him immediately and didn't fix to send an arrow at him instead. Still, the Finn wasn't worried that she would hit him and continued to laugh through her playful insult. He scoffed at her vague threat, catching the arrow she threw down with ease. "I doubt that," he grinned at her. "Your form is the real hevonpaska."

She couldn't find him through the trees below, so he used that to his advantage and hid under some shrubbery. Urho wasn't the sneakiest sort, but at least he knew how to hide his husky body. "You'll have to come down and find me!" he teased. "Maybe I'll show you how a real archer shoots." His guffaws pierced through the shrubs, though, so he tried to move his position somewhere else to throw her off. In the middle of his transition, however, he tripped over a rock and fell nearly flat on his face, grunting as he hit the grass. Thankfully, he was able to keep his bow away from himself and his body, but taking the fall right on his gut blew the wind out of him.

"Oof!" he grunted, laying on the ground for a moment before even attempting to stand himself up. At least he didn't fall down often, or else the Finn might have had to deal with a lot more injuries than the ones from blacksmithing alone.

ooc | [wc — 233] template by hilli
Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
Titmouse
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:19 pm

oh hey der bundersnoot

She grumbled as she made her way down the tree, each of her hands grappling for purchase against the thick rippling bark, "Merde," She cursed as her feet landed with a thump against the earth, "Was it so obvious even from such a distance?" The Silevue glared through the trees, her expression light despite the glimmer to her eyes, "I 'ad thought I atleast had a convincing hold on the bow." It lay strapped awkwardly across her back, the bow string falling across the flat plane between her breasts. She crossed her arms, searching.

"Were you following me?" She clucked her tongue, unable to make out his burly form through the trees.

As an Associate it made sense that the pair would become friends. There was a strict hierarchy here that demanded to be followed -- and with Osrath busy with her newly betrothed, and the other Associates all jostling for position... it made sense to have at least one ally in the Thistle Kingdom. She had never expected it to be a man such as this one.

His laughter made him easier to find, and she padded after him with a coy expression -- her body low to the ground as she made after him through the shrubs. Theres was a delicate game of cat a mouse, though she found herself laughing loudly as she came upon him sprawled against the earth. She clamped her muzzle closed with a hand, though couldn't help the snicker that emerged as she trotted towards him, eyes warm.

"Are you alright?" She attempted to look sage, though her eyes glittering deviously, "These woods are dangerous, so I 'ave been told." She offered her hand to help the large man to his feet, "You never told me you could shoot."

Salsola
The Warden (NPC)
Amanda
Luperci
CARPE NOCTEM!

POSTED: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:25 am

Desert of snoW

"Very obvious," he continued to tease from the shadows. "You wouldn't have been able to hit the broadside of... well, anything." He laughed again, hiding his bulky body among the leaves. She accused him of following her, to which he promptly snorted. "I don't know — you tell me. Wouldn't it be embarrassing to not notice a fat man following you?"

If he was sneaky, well, it didn't last for a very long time.

She finally found him laying on the ground, though he really hadn't made any extra effort to hide after falling. "Dangerous for the fat man, maybe," he joked back, taking her hand only for balance as he shifted his weight so he could stand himself back up. His ability to shoot never really had come up, but had she really assumed he took down that deer by himself by chasing it down?

"You never asked," he shrugged, looping his bow over his own body. "And I never really saw a reason to mention it. I thought the deer I brought might have clued you in at least. Though, given that I seemed to have sneaked up on you, your observation skills aren't to be trusted." The Finn flashed another wide grin, nudging her shoulder with the knuckles of one hand. "I could still teach you though. Maybe get rid of that awful form."

ooc | [wc — 226] template by hilli
Salsola
The Confidant (NPC)
Titmouse
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:06 am

oh hey der bundersnoot

Hyacinth helped the man to his feet, hefting the bow in her hands as she did so. "I have been practicing, though Weaver is a poor teacher." Her brother was not built for physical combat, though he was always available to offer his opinion. Put your hand higher. Brocade never looked like that. Hyacinth took to disappearing deep into the Black Wood to practice away from prying eyes, and she found some solace in the silence of the ancient forest.

Weaver was useless at these sorts of things -- though Adelia was always quick to point out that his talents lay in other things. He eagerly pursued his music and the attentions of his sponsor, and Hyacinth was happy with this. He focused less on her well being and she was able to slink about in the way she appreciated. Salsola was different then the caravan -- and there was much to explore.

She couldn't help the glare that leapt to her features, her tail giving a flick behind her. She prodded his shoulder with the tip of her bow, "Merci for pointing that out to me Monsiour." Urho was obviously skilled in things that she was not -- and for the first time she found herself considering him as an asset. The air about them crackled as the wind changed, the branches high above them rustling aggressively as leaves began to fall about them like rain. The storm was coming, but it had to arrive.

He thumped his large hands against his strong looking torso, and she threw back her head to laugh. He was just as new as she was, and despite this he offered his help, and she was prepared to take it. "Truly? You would teach me?" She stepped towards him with a short bob of her long nose, "I would appreciate it greatly." Her teeth flashed, "Per'aps this time I will hit something."

Salsola
The Warden (NPC)
Amanda
Luperci
CARPE NOCTEM!

Dead Topics