ligament, sinew, dust and bone

POSTED: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:35 pm

Word Count → ??? :: for my pally

She arrived earlier than their planned lesson to stretch and warm up; Idrieus had come to expect this of the witch quickly on in their practice, and was stern about any lateness. It wasn't wise to stir or test the golden-haired woman unless she wanted to end the day stiff and aching with bruises all over. Her lessons with Brocade were a world away - he was inexplicably fun to tease and harry, and the things she learned with him were not always specific to combat; Even now if she thought on him overlong, a strange feeling would grow in her stomach.

Men were funny in this way. Sometimes it took a woman to do something cleanly, simply.

Regardless, between the two of them the Eternity and the Valentine had been able to carve something out of her willowy hybrid build - Something lean and strong, something physically as dangerous as it was mentally. Beneath her soft dark fur and behind her slanted red eyes, a true fighter was slowly being crafted.

They had both been rewarded in return, of course. The Hierophant always found a way to settle her debts accordingly.

She was just finishing her final stretch, reaching out with her arms and curving her spine in a supple arc, when Idrieus arrived silently at the arena she had spearheaded. The golden woman's piercing blue eyes were direct and unwavering. Elphaba rolled her shoulders and offered her teacher a respectful nod.

"Paladin," She greeted, black lips curving up in pleasure around the title, "How are you finding your new station?"

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Hierophant
Alaine
Luperci Witch she hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:39 am

I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?

OOC: +400 words.

Just as it had been when the dog woman finally made it to the rank of Apprentice within the shield tier, it was almost hard to believe she was now the Paladin. There had only been one other before her, Grievous' own father. She recalled when she would go on patrols with the secui man, his son tagging along with him at times. It had been her first look at the pale man whom she would come to fight along side time and time again. Being in his place now, she wondered what he might think of it, to be succeeded by one of his very own students. Perhaps he would have it no other way.

Finding the white faced woman at her door was no surprise. The two women lived just one hall away from one another, but Elphaba had been one of her students since Lokr arranged for her to begin combat training. The two had met up with one another on more than one occasion, giving the dog woman the chance to assess her student's progress.

Her appearance was much more important now than it had ever been before. The dark daughter was now one of Salsola's leaders, even if she had yet to earn such a claim. Before he left her, the former Lord Commander asked of his friend to watch over his daughter for her. She knew the truth of his banishment, something she wanted to remain hidden from everyone else. Was it jealousy that drove her to label him a Pentiti? It didn't matter anymore. Lokr was long gone from this place, and she had moved on. There were other places to focus on.

The Paladin left her wing, rapier secure at her side. Elphaba had requested to meet with the new faction member at her own arena. As she came closer, the dark leader had already been there, stretching out her limbs in preparation. Feet crunching in the snow gave away her mark, letting the girl's red eyes fall in line with the dog woman's blue ones. One hand rested along the grip of her blade, "With everything I pushed myself to do it feel as if it is just a new name, but I continue to do everything in the name of Salsola and my family."

The weapon revealed itself from her side, tip pointing to her student, "A test before I decide what we will work on."

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena
Luperci The Price for Freedom More than a Warning
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt

POSTED: Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:38 am

Word Count → ??? :: ---

By and large, Elphaba was mostly unaware of the depth of the relationship between the Paladin and the Pentiti. This, of very few things, Lokr had been careful to disguise from his family. He'd had enough strife with his daughters already without wanting to risk jealousy over favoritism of a golden-haired woman who was not even his child; To the outside world, their companionable alliance had been based on mutual grief and an admiration of books.

Because of this, the Hierophant did not view Idrieus any differently than how she had prior to her father's banishment. For now, at least, the truth behind Lokr's exile was safe.

She could not even begin to suspect that the Paladin had met with him in secret after his sentencing. That would have been treason, after all.

"Just a new name?" The young woman snorted in disbelief, "I recommended you to grandmother for the promotion, you know. The least you could do is act pleased about it." It was an empty barb. Elphaba smiled smugly around the words, pleased with her own involvement in the Eternity's new title. Idrieus was the right woman for the task; This had become apparent early on in their many lessons. She was a skilled fighter, a fair teacher, and an indomitable foe.

As the tip of the golden haired Paladin's rapier swung up in a silver arc to point at her nose, the witch dropped easily into her fighter's stance and bared her teeth playfully. "A test? Good," She twirled the staff in her fingers before slapping it neatly into one palm. "I love tests."

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Hierophant
Alaine
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:30 pm

I will scream them loud tonight
Can you hear my voice this time?

OOC: +500 words.

From the dog woman's side of their relationship, she likely saw something more in the male than he ever saw in her. To claim herself to be his daughter, one worth of the same status as her student, as a Revlis, was too much of a statement, but there was no denying how the former Lord Commander, treated her in much of the manner a father would to his child. When she lost her mother, he had been the one to seek her out, comfort her, and pass her worthy enough to take on such a royal name. Eternity. It was not her blood name, nor would revlis despite how she viewed the two gone people as her parental figures, but she would show he had not made the wrong choice in giving her such a name.

Her treason was not something shared alone with her. In Idrieus' mind, she had not been the only one to seek Lokr out after the news of his banishment. Too many felt close to him to just accept Elphaba's blank words... but unlike the others, the Lord Commander had called her to him. He, unlike Artemisia, gave her the chance to tell him just how she felt about their relationship, and he gave her the chance to say good-bye.

That in of itself was greater than anything anyone else in this kingdom had done for her, even the Hierophant's words of suggestion to place her at her new rank. Elphaba would not understand, and with her lips sealed on her actions, never would get the chance to.

Bringing herself back to the present, blue gaze narrowed on the leader's red ones. A grin trailed across her face as she spoke her words. She thought she was so clever didn't she? Stepping closer to her student, fingers flexed along at her side, not sharing the same amusement the Revlis girl found in this, "Don't misunderstand me Elphaba. As just an Apprentice, I took it upon myself to make sure our kingdom's citizens would be able to fight and defend themselves, as well as keep track around the borders. I've even led more than once in war. I am pleased, but now I have the true name for what I have been as of late." Prideful? Perhaps, but what were they if there wasn't a small bit of pride for what they had done in their lives?

The dark leader took up her own stance with her staff, waiting for her teacher to make the first move. The Paladin paced carefully around her student, blue eyes narrowed on her opponent, daring not to take her out of her own sight. Her feet carried her forward, weapon retreating to the side, finding no point to using her weapon when there was no opening. Open arm shot forward to the leader's body. Hand to hand would do until her blade could find a target to bite.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena
Luperci The Price for Freedom More than a Warning
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt

POSTED: Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:10 am

Word Count → ??? :: ---

Dutiful as the day was long, Idrieus had no time for her mischievous jibing; The other woman was serious to a fault, and her dry sentiments proved as such. Truthfully, Elphaba didn't mind, though her eyes glittered at the boldness of the Eternity's speech. No one would ever have been so prideful to Salvia's face, after all.

But Elphaba was not her grandmother, nor would she ever be. The people of Salsola knew this well enough, and some resented her for it - the kingdom had flourished under Salvia's even-tempered and merciless rule, after all.

The witch was something, someone, else. But in the end, they would bow to her just the same; And the more 'Idrieuses' that she put into key places of power around her, the firmer she would stake her claim as one of the Mafiosi.

"You don't look it," She remarked, lifting her lips at the golden haired woman, "The day you smile will be the day I drop dead from shock-"

She barely had time to finish the taunt before Idrieus attacked. Her tutor was an especially skilled combatant, her circle broken by a deft lunge that brought her in close, under the range of Elphaba's melee staff. In this close quarters, the staff was almost useless - the Apprentice knew this, no doubt, and must be choosing to force the Hierophant into hand-to-hand combat.

The witch ducked low, narrowly avoiding a stinging blow from the hard sweep of Idri's jab. Using the momentum of her movement to swing her lithe form free of the recoil, Elphaba sidled a hasty step left and lifted her arms just in time to block another merciless blow.

Idrieus had been brutal in their combat lessons, instilling in Elphaba a certain understanding of her body's own weaknesses and skills. She was lighter in build than most, lacking in the dense sort of muscle that could absorb hard blows and enable a forceful, strong return. Instead - and after many sore bruises that proved the point - Idri had taught her how speed and deftness were her skills, enabling her to tire her opponents and wear them down with many smaller blows.

Rallying now to this training, the witch attempted a barrage of her own; She brought her elbows in close by her vulnerable ribcage, and aimed two swift swipes at the golden woman's belly.

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Hierophant
Alaine
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

Dead Topics