more than mere coincidence

POSTED: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:18 pm

[WC: 300]

He had worried about it being too forward, coming to her home like this, but Grievous had been thinking over how best to repay Idrieus for her gifts. This was not to say he felt they had been given with such expectation (as she had made apparent) but Salsola encouraged its Family to share their goods. With her promotion, he had seen a chance for this – but had not found himself with the sort of gifts he thought might be worthy of their newest Paladin.

His father would be pleased, Grievous supposed, that his position was once again filled. No one could possibly argue with the appointment. Idrieus had served faithfully in the wars and the time between, and upheld the pack's standards of conduct with a strictness befitting a woman raised by his terribly serious aunt. She was like family, in this way, but he found himself reassessing her position as duty called ever higher.

It had been a lucky opportunity that fell into his lap. He didn't entirely like O'Riley's new “cousin”, if that was what he was, but Igor was ravenous and always eager to help find easy meals. A hapless collection of ptarmigan soon fell prey to cast nets and swift ends. Seized by inspiration, the gray wolf had gathered up a few other supplies and set off for the Ruins. He had felt confident about his intentions right up until now, when he stood outside of a closed door.

They were friendly with one another, he reasoned, and decided not to worry to terribly over it. If she was busy he would leave the food with her, and if she wasn't he would ask about the things he meant to do now that the choice of taking certain paths had been closed to him.

masks beneath masks until suddenly
the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
The Henchman (NPC)
Mel
Luperci
supernova

POSTED: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:29 pm

My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong

OOC: Finally getting to this. If you want to PP Idri letting him in, feel free. +400 words.

Trespassers seemed to have been becoming a regular problem in the kingdom, with varying reasons of course, but still a problem. It had been something she had taken care of with others showing interest in her own faction, but those who had much potential for the future. Of course, Salvia was kept well informed of these events, finding the Boss a much more trustworthy figure than the dark woman labeling herself as leader.

Salsola was set in a time of rest, at least compared to how much of her life growing up in the kingdom had gone with its many wars; but, there would come a time for Elphaba to have the chance to stand up to her father's actions. The question was would she show she deserved to have what she took from him, or confirm the dog woman's thought about her?

The Paladin moved through the rows of books within her collection, fingers trailing along the spines as she checked their conditions. Winter hit the Thistle Kingdom hard, and this was one of the last pieces of her mother's legacy. If she allowed this to fall into ruin, it only made her feel like she was failing Artemisia in turn. From the brat that had first come here, she had the time to grow.. to mature.. and too late to hear how her new mother had really felt about her before her death. All she was left to do was keep her memory, dreams, and legacy alive through her. Maybe once she too fell to the afterlife, their spirits would join together and she would finally hear if the dark woman was proud of what Idrieus had accomplished in her life.

Flopped ears gave a small flick to the sound at the door. Very few came by her home unless it was for some kind of lesson or update, even more so now that she had become the Paladin. It never seemed like there was much time for her to spend outside of work. That was fine though. Better to make sure the kingdom was prepared for anything before she decided it was time for her to relax.

The dog woman stepped out of the room, moving over to the door. When the door opened, she was a bit surprised to see the pale Grievous standing there, food in hand. She recalled not too long before making her way to his own home, gift in hand for how much he had supported and aided the shield tier, and now here he was at her place. Head lowered to a small bow as she addressed him, finding the male one of the only ones worthy of not only the gesture, but the respect, "Henchman. What brings you here?"

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena
Luperci The Price for Freedom More than a Warning
Karma's Gonna Come Collect Your Debt

POSTED: Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:11 pm

Grievous returned her greeting, and hoisted his catch aloft.

Good hunting and congratulations, he answered her pleasantly. While there was plenty for him to be worrying over, without true conflict to make chaos in his life things had returned to a steady sort of flow. Spring would be upon them soon and with it a chance to begin exploring the new things he would need to master – and those which he could now forget.

Letting go was terribly difficult, but he was doing his best to make peace with this. Some things were beyond his control. Reacting to them instead of opposing them was easier in most cases.

If you're busy, I could leave both with you, the gray wolf went on quickly. Or I could prepare them you, if you'd prefer that – it's one less thing for you to do, I mean. I'm sure you've got plenty of other work, especially now. Whatever is best, he held the dead birds out, as if expecting her to take them and dismiss him.

the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
The Henchman (NPC)
Mel
Luperci
supernova

POSTED: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:39 am

My power's turned on

OOC: I am slow sorry D: +300 words.

Idrieus' eyebrow raised to the man's answer. He had used the Eternity family's native language on more than one occasion, but being in the position she was in, had never a grasp for the language, nor understood it. Artemisia knew it, understood it, but never had passed such teachings on to her ward. She found it much more productive to teach her the manner in which to defend herself, at least enough to get her on her feet. Where the dog woman took these teachings past the basics was on her own. If she were to be a part of this family now, perhaps it would do no harm in taking on another lesson from someone else, especially when it was her giving out most of the lessons in her life now.

The Paladin couldn't help but let a small smile drift over her maw, "If you have some other spare time Grievous, perhaps you might be able to teach me your language. Artemisia never did."

Polite as he always was, probably due to her stature, but even back when she was where he stood now, it wasn't any different. Another reason to lend this male the respect he deserved in her own mind. What other male really did that for her. Certainly not the one the pale man spent a fair amount of his time with. Her smile seemed to soften a bit as she pushed her door open, inviting him in, "Believe me, my work load has not changed. Felt like I already was Paladin when I was still the Apprentice. Some would probably say I work too much. I don't think they will mind if I take a little time away. Please, come in. My room is the last one at the end of the Hall."

Idrieus waited for him to step inside, taking a peek outside the door before carefully shutting it. Spring was coming, and so too would Cirsium from hibernation. It'll be nice to have the black bear back in her company. It would be time to pick up where her gu- mother left off with his training. Now that there were no distractions like she had been to him, he could make a great asset in combat for not only her, but Salsola.

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena

POSTED: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:21 am

The place was different than his own home, and he took in the taller ceiling and sturdy walls with curiosity. He returned her smile very briefly, as if the expression felt strange on his face.

It might take time, he informed her casually. She was terribly smart, he thought, and he did not wish to insult her. His experience told him that language was a difficult thing in most regards, one whose study took more than just memorization. But I can teach you.

Finding a space to settle where his mess might be most contained, Grievous sat and began the tedious work of plucking the fresh birds. He was careful with the longer feathers, as if meaning to save them. Everything had a purpose, and only those wise enough not to waste would make certain to save anything useful.

Maybe it will become easier with more help, Grievous suggested. He could feel the rising tide around him and knew that others looked to lofty places he had only recently begun to covet.

the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
The Henchman (NPC)
Mel
Luperci
supernova

POSTED: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:00 am

My power's turned on

OOC: +300 words.

Language, like any other practice, would take time and study. Part of the perks to having such a wide range of books within her library. But one thing she held over others was patience. In her time, she had been a brat, taking any opportunity she had from Artemisia for granted. The time to mature and learn things on her own shaped her, hardened her, and made her the woman she was now.. a following in her mother's footsteps. She took the time to learn her weapons to pass them on to the other warriors in the kingdom, and to help to teach those enough who only wanted to defend themselves or their loved ones.

Everyone had to be ready. Even the most docile could be turned to fight if given the right circumstances.

The dog woman gave him a nod, "Time is of no issue."

Opening the door at the far end of the hall displayed the room, wooden table and chairs, another small bookshelf against the wall with a few books along it. Current things Idrieus had been reading in her spare time. A bedding os pelts set off to the side with enough space for her bear companion when he would return. There was still some clearing towards the center of the room, "I'll sent something up there. Give me a moment."

While Grievous began with his work, the Paladin stepped over to her bookshelf, fingers wrapping around two glasses that sat on the top next to her wooden figures, a bottle gripped in the other hand. The two had shared a glass of wine over their last visit, and with what purchase she had made for the Supper, there was still plenty left over for them to enjoy. Setting them along the table, she made her way to join the male, sitting across from him as he worked, "There is very good promise for the shield faction. Many have come under my wing, including Elphaba. All of them have made good progress. Your friend O'Riley has skill too, but I am more wary of him than others." She always had been with males...

Idrieus Eternity

Salsola
The Paladin
Salena

POSTED: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:16 am

As she settled to join him, he fell into the repetitive work of his meal preparation. This was the most tedious part – once it was done the rest was easier.

He was content in her company, and having something to keep his hands busy made him feel less uncertain of himself in her home. They were friendly enough, he supposed, and he valued her company enough to see that her decision to welcome him in was not a terribly common one. He liked seeing her relaxed like this, not rigid and proper as she so often was in public.

That is good. The more who can defend themselves the less likely it will be someone is seriously hurt, he flexed his fingers, and extended his claws to scrape off stubborn small feathers. To her concerns about his cousin, the white wolf secretly found them prudent. O'Riley was...O'Riley.

He's fine. He talks a lot, but he's strong. We sometimes train together. He lived with me for a little while.

the bare bloodless skull
Salsola
The Henchman (NPC)
Mel
Luperci
supernova

Dead Topics