I know you'll stay by my side

POSTED: Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:28 am

I know your voice, I know your eyes
Word Count → 559 :: OOC: Bunbun first please <3

Helena had come to his home in the dead of the night. She had spoken with him after having what she had called "a vision" that involved him and the flame haired boy. He had been confused at first and even accused Helena of drinking too much of the poppy milk before she had told the "child" to shut up and listen. Coaxoch had been hesitant to hear her out, with large coyote-like ears falling back on his head before she had explained in cryptic words what she had seen. It took him some time to realize what exactly she had been going on about until she bluntly told him that she was transferring the debt of rose quartz eyed boy to him. His spring eyes widened and he quickly stood up and left Helena in his home. He told her to see herself out as he left quickly to go retrieve the boy. It took him a long time to get to the Tower but once he did, he barged in and walked into the den in which the boy was known to sleep.

Bun, I need you to get up and get dressed in your finest clothing. We have a date to attend to. he told the other as he pushed on the sleeping boy's shoulder. It was the dead of night, but this was the best time to do what he had in mind. He ushered the other to get dressed and also asked Sebastien to fix his bowtie of his own rush job in getting into his well dressed attire. It's important that you look your best. And bring whatever gift, whatever you have to give up. He told the other, urgently as he smiled at the boy. He was excited and it was evident because his nub tail flicked back and forth behind him as he rushed Sebastien and helped as much as he could to make the male look presentable.

Once they were finally ready Coax took the male by his freckled hand, and took off with the other in tow. He had a smile and laughed almost the whole way there, but once they had gotten to the outside of the Ruins, he stopped suddenly and looked at the other with the same goofy smile before he looked him over again and let go of his hand to make the other look suitable to be in the presence of the Queen. We are to see the Boss about your debt being cleared. This is her home, and we must respect it. Just do what I do, and you'll be okay. he told the other before they moved to go down the halls. Coax was oddly silent as he moved along the hallways with an ease that made it seem like he had spent a lot of time here. Truth was, once upon a time, he did. Now, not so much for the male often was busy in the Blackwoods, away from the general pack, alone, an outcast with an oath to the Boss.

They came to the hallway in which her room had been down and he yipped lightly to alert her of his presence.

Elphaba? Are you decent? he asked as he stepped closer towards the room, hoping that she would take him at this ungodly hour.

You haunt me through my dreams at night

Template by Kitty | Art by Riorix@FA

Avvie by Jmonster, signature image by Motth@FA
Salsola
The Warden
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?
This World Keeps Twisting

POSTED: Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:38 am

Sebastien Stone
Sebastien Stone

<3

Sebastien fell into a fitful sleep that night. His mistress’ behaviour had been odder than usual. Helena was brusque with her words and seemed keen to be left alone. The boy kept his thoughts to himself as he huddled in his corner, waiting for sleep to claim him. At the edge of his hearing, he sensed movement and stirred as he felt a hand at his shoulder.

Since becoming a Servitori, he had taken to sleeping lightly and getting by on whatever rest he could snatch. As a result, the lurcher rolled upright and rubbed the heel of his palm into his eyes. “Coaxoch? That you? What’s goin’ on...” Bastien mumbled as the Ulrichson urged him into wakefulness. He nodded, yet didn’t understand why his friend was rushing about so late at night. He dressed in a daze, aided by the other male.

He stepped closer to Coaxoch, his breath as he leaned in disturbing the hybrid’s mane. Bastien fiddled with the ties around the other’s neck, quick tochuckle at his clumsiness. His nose twitched as he inhaled honey from the blonde’s hair, the scent of feline and woodsy that permeated the hybrid’s body. Taffy eyes settled on the other’s neck as he fastened the loops and brushed his friend’s shoulders. The servant could not meet the higher ups’ gaze, at least not while in the Arbiter’s lair.

He threw a rabbit fur-trimmed cloak over himself, frowning. “Do I look ok?” Bastien turned around to let the fair hybrid look him over. Whilst never a vain creature, the boy had given up viewing himself as anything more than a plaything for his superiors. Bastien hummed as he searched the kitchen for a container and herbs to present as a gift, catching glimpses of Coax. He couldn’t resist the smile that crept across his muzzle as the hybrid’s entire body hummed with the motion of his tail wagging.

The night greeted the males, as he walked hand-in-hand with his brother. Bastien relaxed at the touch of someone close to him, and the easy chatter that passed between them. He was sure to let Coaxoch see the glimmer of happiness in his eyes, reflected in pale blues. The mood shifted as they approached the broken structures of the Ruins. To the slave, this was a forbidden land that he was sure he would have been harmed for setting foot in if it weren’t for the protection of his friend. Coax let go of his hand, and just like that the safe bubble they occupied vanished.

A whisper of breath left his jaws as Bastien straightened up. The corners of his lips rose upward as the hybrid explained why they were here. The mention of the Boss, however, was like claws raking his back. The hound shivered, despite the pleasant summer’s night as her visage rose to the forefront of his mind. He followed in his friend’s steps, and noted how silent and sure he was in these halls. Any remnants of fatigue left Sebastien as the hybrid called for Elphaba, his ears perked forward and gift nestled within the layers of his cloak.

Every turn I take, every trail I track

Sebastien Stone

Art Credit: Jacoby!
Salsola
The Confidant
Ketsuki

FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:00 am

Word Count → ??? :: ---

Coals burned low in the hearth, winking like orange stars between the ash and charcoal of long-burned logs. Elphaba had gathered the wood herself, taking fallen boughs from the Blackwoods and allowing a servant to carry them along the winding paths toward the Ruins Proper - she maintained a store of such fodder, insisting that it was superior to the pine or birch found anywhere else across her kingdom.

The truth of it was more complex than that. She liked the way the woodsmoke smelled - Liked combing through it with her fingers, reaching closer and closer to the fire, as close as she dared. The smoke would billow up through her splayed grasp, and she imagined it like a spectral hand, clasping sweetly around her own.

But the night was late now, later even than the Witching Hour. All that was left of the fire had been banked to keep any chill from sinking into the bones of the old tower. Even so, Elphaba did not sleep, not truly.

She sat on a veritable mountain of furs, so plush that the young woman's body sank deeply into them, pulling her in close like a crow come home to roost. The fox was curled in her lap, its bottlebrush tail circled over its nose. She stroked it absently, running the tips of her claws through the silky russet fur. Her red eyes were far away, looking upon absent dreams, searching for answers to questions she had yet to ask.

A sudden voice at the door broke the reverie.

Startled, the fox scrambled out of her arms and darted out an open window. Elphaba hissed as its hind feet dug for purchase against her, drawing a long red scratch over one toned thigh. It was over in less than a second; She was alone in the room.

But not alone in the tower. The voice came again, insistent.

The young queen rose, and stretched out her naked limbs luxuriantly. Let him wait; She combed her fingers through the long dark tumble of her hair, rolled her neck free of a pinching ache. Then, and only then, did she step to the door and open it.

She smiled too-sharply at Coax, though there was a challenge deep in her eyes - look, it said, but at the same time beware. "Decent? Me? Never," Her gaze roved over Till's son, moving to a shadow that huddled behind him and sharpening at the sight of the familiar freckled face. That he had brought Helena's sweetboy was a surprise. Curiosity colored her expression for a moment, "I suppose you can come in, seeing as it must be quite urgent."

Stepping aside to allow the young men entry, Elphaba moved to sit in the old stone throne in the center of the room, drawing a fine red-dyed woolen blanket around herself as she did so. She flicked her fingers at her oathbound and his odd companion, compelling them to attend her. "So tell me, why have you come calling at such a scandalous hour? Do you want people to talk?"

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
Luperci Witch she hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit the queen is dead, long live the queen
hierophant
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:18 am

Word Count → 938 :: OOC: I almost missed this whoa, ninja elphie post

Coaxoch fidgeted. His hand went to his stump and he played with the little hairs that were draped over the smooth skin of his arm. It was a scar that would never heal because of the crude amputation that had been done so long ago. His nerves came from his father though, and while Coaxoch did not seem to have been cursed with the same affliction that his father had been but he still developed a lot of Till's nervous habits because of Coax's childhood with the pale faced male. He had some control over his nerves though, while his father did not. Coaxoch stood there anxiously, picking at his stump and flicking his ears back to fall upon his pale crown. "What if this is not the time to do this? What if she denies my plea?" he thought before his eyes of a bright spring day turned and glanced over to Sebastien. The other male made Coaxoch feel more confident, and when he turned his eyes to see the look of the other male, so hopeful, Coaxoch found his ears tilting back up on his head and he smiled. He took a deep breath and chuckled lightly as he turned back to wait for the chamber door to finally open.

"I have to do this for Sebastien. He does not deserve to be a servant. He never did. She has to accept this. She has no choice. I won't let her." he told himself in his head as he squared his large shoulders that he was finally growing into. Coaxoch was getting tall, much taller than most of his siblings and was only dwarfed by the wolf bloodied Dirge, whom only stood slightly larger.

When the door finally revealed the woman in all of her glory, Coaxoch resisted the urge to take in the sight. He was used to her being adorned with this and that, trinkets, jewels and crowns, and this was why he had the urge to look at her as he had not before. No one could claim that Elphaba was not beautiful, but from a man with no libido, no primal urges, it was hard for him to not see her for what she was. She had done this with purpose, to fluster him, to fluster them. Coaxoch did not flinch with his gaze as it turned only to touch her throat, so thin and fragile, it was almost as if he could see the blood pumping through the thick veins that lay underneath plush fur.

Hm, you usually are when I see to you. he teased as his bright eyes flicked up to her muzzle and a smile tilted on pink spotted lips. When he was invited in, he looked back to Seb and motioned for him to come too by holding out his hand and waiting for the other to grab it. This was a motion that was deliberate, and he only moved forward when the other had put his freckled fingers within the pale hand of the wendigo.

They were greeted again by the naked Boss, and then she led them to the middle of the throne room, where the old stone throne stood in silence. Coaxoch thought then about the late nights that his father would be here, talking with Lokr of dealings of the Outpost, or whatever they chatted about when the Pentiti was of this land.

Before Elphaba, Coax fell to his knees and he bowed his head before she could speak more to him. She asked him then if she wanted the Family to talk of the late hour that the two had come to see her, and Coax lifted his head to smile and laugh lightly.

You and I both know that the Boss, The Serpentine Witch, would never consider laying with a Bastard's Wendigo. A man with no arm could not possibly pleasure a woman of your stature. The people would only find the visit curious, but I do believe that they think more of you than to lay with the likes of a man like me. He did not like saying these words, because they hurt, but they were true. The people would have to think that she was a harlot to think that she would lay with a Bastard's son. Even if he might have been pleasured to do so, he knew that these chances were zero:none. I needed to speak with you. I did not receive my news until late this night, and this too is why I have come to you so late. he told her plainly, because this was what she liked of him. Their banter was entertaining, but they both knew each other in such a plain manner that it was better for them not to speak in flowery words.

The Arbiter Helena has released her servant's debt, Sebastien, to me. I do not believe that he owes us any debt, and I would like for him to be freed. This is my reason of bringing him here. he told Elphaba before turning slightly to look at Sebastien and he gave the male another smile. The look in his eyes showed others how much Coaxoch cared for the man, but the Boss deserved to know this. He deserves freedom. he spoke to Elphaba without turning his head to look at her once more. He lingered for a moment on Sebastien before turning back to Elphaba once more.

If there is a price that I must pay for this, I gladly will. Just name your price, Boss. he told Elphaba, confidently.

Salsola
The Warden
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:28 am

Sebastien Stone
Sebastien Stone

A silken thread of sound rose teasingly from beyond the doorway. The queen, when she appeared, could have been the night itself given form. Her movements were predatory, slow and precise. Sebastien instinctively shrunk into Coaxoch’s shadow as Elphaba looked his way. He recognised his uneasiness was mirrored by his friend as he fidgeted. The dog's throat felt dry, as he licked his muzzle, nodding firmly at Coax.

His friend responded to Elphaba with a smile and a compliment. As she stood to one side to allow the males to enter, Coaxoch turned to look at him. Pale eyes met his friend’s smiling face as Sebastien held onto the other’s hand. He was drawn into the queen’s private quarters with a twinge of fear that he hoped the shaman wouldn’t feel through their touch. What did this contact mean? Nothing ever happened without a reason in the Kingdom.

Whilst Sebastien decided what to do with himself, the Elphaba took to her throne and draped a fine blanket over herself. He tried to make his lanky form smaller, inclining narrow shoulders and trailing the Ulrichson’s shade. His attention was drawn to the movements of her fingers, whereby his eyes slipped respectfully to her throat and then downcast. Coax fell to the floor to address the inky woman, and so too did the hound.

Fiery locks spilled across his face as he leaned forward, hands rested in his lap and legs tucked up beneath him. Elphaba challenged Coax for coming to her at such a late hour, and he responded with self-deprecation. Heat rose to his ears at her implication and at hearing his friend talk down about himself, especially in regards to that. Sebastien wanted to catch Coax’s eye in that moment to reassure him, but knowing the risk, he simply listened as the two spoke.

Finally his brother met his eyes. He couldn’t hide the relief that rippled across his features if he tried. Freedom. For a moment Sebastien wondered if this moment only existed as a feverish dream, until Coax offered himself up as payment. “Coax?” A high whine left the dog’s lips. No, no, no you can’t! His stomach sank as he glanced wide-eyed between the blues and reds of the Salsolans he was caught in the middle of.

Sebastien Stone

Salsola
The Confidant
Ketsuki

FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:32 am

Word Count → ??? :: ---

She did not miss the way they held hands as they entered her domain; Like lost little boys, wandering the woods. It was such an innocent gesture, one that piqued the young woman's interest in a curious sort of way.

Innocent was not something she understood very well, you see.

Coaxoch was familiar with the Game. He fell to his knees before the throne at once, compliance and honor writ in every feature of his face. It, too, was growing older - scruffier and more manly than the last time she'd taken notice. She wondered if he was of the age now that Till had been, when he had attended the hand of the Pentiti, and become the head of his house.

It was evident by her rule that Elphaba favored the younger generations of Salsola - those who had less concrete memories of the golden rule that had come before her.

"Wouldn't I?" She replied haughtily, just because she could, "You presume to know a lot about what I will or will not do." The propriety he spoke of itched at her terribly; Not because she fancied such tawdry thoughts tonight, but mainly because he spoke some manner of truth. It had little to do with his missing arm, but plenty to do with status and bloodlines and the rights of birth. The kingdom was awfully interested in who she courted, and their rabid attentions posed significant restrictions on the rumors she could not allow to spread. O'Riley had said as much, rather forcefully.

It did not please Elphaba to consider herself equally as bound by the Law as those who she wielded it over.

The conversation sobered after that. Coaxoch spoke with an honesty and directness she had always found refreshing, and for this alone she heard him out in full.

At some moment during Till's son's plaintive request, Elphaba's gaze shifted to look at the young man on the floor beside him. She seemed to be searching the servant for something, the answer to some riddle that apparently confused her; Tapping one claw thoughtfully on the throne's stone armrest and resting her cheek against the curve of her palm. He was a pretty sort of thing, she allowed - in a meek way, docile and fearful like a day-old fawn. The little freckles across his cheeks were endearing, the bright auburn shock of his tousled hair eye-catching. But pretty was no large matter, not here - Coaxoch and house Ulrich could buy the debt of a pretty servant without much stress on the family coffers at all.

There was evidently more to the story. Her theory as much was proved by Coax' pledge, and by the protesting squeak offered up by the servant in return.

How fun!

The young queen shifted her weight in the throne, and picked absently at the claws of one hand. Her eyes, half-lidded and heavy with intent, swam between the two kneeling men pensively. "A price," She repeated the words, weighing them as she did the young man's life. "It seems to me that I hold your oath, Ulrich - you are already at my beck and call. If I wanted more of you I would need only ask it. There is no price that you might pay, that I would not already own of you."

He had promised her as such, on one knee, on a night not dissimilar to this one. The memory warmed her, and with unexpected generosity she smiled. "But an oath goes both ways. You are one of my men, and I am inclined to favor your request. The only payment I ask is this: The truth."

She could taste it on the air, like electricity between the two men. Her tongue ran over her lips to wet them.

"Tell me why you are so invested in the life and debt of Sebastien, a man whose only connection to your household is his servitude," She never forgot a name, and spoke it now like a witch speaks a prophecy, "And I will set him free."

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
Luperci Witch she hath or consulteth with a familiar spirit the queen is dead, long live the queen
hierophant
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

POSTED: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:48 pm

Word Count &rarr 746 :: OOC: guess who's back, back again

Coax looked up to see the woman's ruby eyes scan over the rust colored male, and Coaxoch felt a pang of anger plant in his chest, a urge of protectiveness that anchored itself deep within his psyche that had to be ignored for an oath's sake. He had sworn to protect Sebastien and even the roving eyes of the woman made him uncomfortable. His body tensed lightly as he looked at Elphaba, visably enough to where she might be able to pick it up, but he turned his eyes to Sebastien then to help calm his nerves. He inhaled sharply and exhaled easily then as she clicked her claws against her throne, a sound that made his ears flick lightly at the intrusion of the sound on his large blonde ears.

The rough thumping of her claws had stopped as her eyes became half-lidded and almost disinterested for a moment as she absently picked at her claws.She brought attention to the oath he had given to her prior, and he nodded his head diligently. He knew and had not forgotten, for they had made their pact with the promise of blood for blood. He would never forget his oath, for he would never swear his blood, his family to another. By Law, he could not. At her first words of the oath and of her already owning him as such, he felt his ears tilt back on his head. He felt fear sink into him that she would decline him but then she continued to speak and his ears rose back up to listen.

She asked for the truth.

Coaxoch looked back to Sebastien, whom had yipped earlier about a price that was to be paid. Coax gave the boy a look, and then a shrug of his shoulders before he looked back at Elphaba. The truth. he confirmed before he leaned back lightly and spread his long legs out before him, as his knees felt uncomfortable under him because of the hard ground beneath them. It's complicated... he spoke as he tried to decide where in the truth that he would tell her, because she did not specify what truth she really wanted. She wanted to know the relationship between the two and why Coaxoch would be so inclined to help a man that the Mafiosi only knew as a servant and not for what Sebastien truly was.

The blonde male looked back at Sebastien once more and gave the male a reassuring smile. His eyes dragged from Sebastien and moved back to Elphaba once more. My father and Sebastien's father used to trade when we both were younger. When my father brought me along, Sebastien and I used to play while our fathers conducted business. He has always been like a brother to me, in Valtin's absence... he started to speak as he thought further of what else he should tell her. Coaxoch wanted o be truthful, to let her know everything about their relationship, and of why he was here in Salsola in the first place, but he also did not know if she would understand what it was like to actually care for an Outsider like Coaxoch had. I knew him prior to his servitude, and some circumstances had made it to where Arbiter Helena wanted to take him as a servant, for he did owe her a favor. he told her with a nod of his head. He hoped that this was enough of the truth that would satisfy her and her curiosity, and he hoped that she did not ask of what Helena had done for Sebastien, as it could harm Helena in the long run. This in itself would not be favorable for Coax, for he knew the wrath of the Red Witch.

But I believe that he has served us and Salsola enough to where he should be able to become a normal member. For an Outsider, he and his father have benefited Salsola's stocks of goats, milks and cheeses that we still benefit from. I do believe that as a normal member, he would be able to benefit us much more than if he was a mere servant. he spoke to her as he turned again to look at Sebastien. Is there anything else that you might want to tell her, Sebastien? he asked the other, wondering if there was anything else that he might want Elphaba to know.

Salsola
The Warden
Jmonster
Luperci
SPRING IS COMING
ARE YOU WITH ME?

POSTED: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:50 pm

Sebastien Stone
Sebastien Stone

I'm sorry for the wait

Tension hung thickly upon the air as the witch and shaman spoke. Bastien felt small and yet painfully magnified beneath their combined gazes. All he could do was remain quiet and hope that Coax could placate Elphaba’s demands. She asked for the truth. He licked his muzzle, not wanting to repeat his story and re-open healing wounds. Freedom, she intoned, and his mind grasped for it as a drowning man clings to safety.

He didn’t miss the look his fair brother gave him. The Ulrichssons’ eyes, usually bright, darkened as he glanced away. Elphaba was right to assume that the two weren’t strangers brought together by chance. Coax tried to offer the Boss an explanation, which fizzled out. Their relationship spanned a number of years and couldn’t be neatly outlined. A wide smile from the hybrid was enough to quell some of the worries that sprung immediately to mind, as Coax continued speaking.

Sebastien nodded as memories of their shared childhood flooded his mind. He faltered at the mention of Valtin, though. The line of his lips turned downward as he stared at his own freckled hands. He’d only found out about Valtin through naive pestering, and the fact that he’d caused his friend pain still stung to this day. The boy’s head tilted to one side as Coax made a vague reference to the debt owed to Helena. Was there a reason he left out that info?

The concept of becoming useful in Salsola’s eyes; It was something Bastien had given a lot of thought to. He lifted his head up and straightened his posture, ignoring the spasms developing in his calves. If he could work through what had happened, and build himself up… It was a goal to reach for. Better than the alternative - waiting to be culled in the wilds.

A homesickness settled into Bastien’s stomach as Coaxoch enthused about the Stones and their services. His stubby tail wagged as he listened to the praise, cradling it close and letting its warmth spread through him. The hound hadn’t always been like this. If he had to reclaim his old self through yet more hardship then so be it. He’d learn, and he’d endure.

“Is there anything else that you might want to tell her, Sebastien?”

The dog leaned forward, palms pressed into the hard ground and eyes downcast. “As you know, Arbiter Helena t-took me in as her personal servant. I've tried my best to serve her as well as I can. I’m g-grateful for her protection and lessons and… I w-want to repay her and the Kingdom.”

Bastien took in a steadying breath as he waited a heartbeat out of respect, before continuing. “S-Salsola’s my home now. The outside offers nothing to me. Coaxoch is r-right - our fathers worked t-together. I want to do the s-same. If I can I’d like to set up a t-trade between both of our families. If you w-will accept it, Boss.”

Sebastien Stone

Salsola
The Confidant
Ketsuki

FOREVER BY YOUR SIDE

POSTED: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:15 am

Word Count → ??? :: Can finish this up here if you both want, or after your replies? Will promote Sebastien now! :>

She watched for the look of resignation that passed over Coax's expression, deepening the blue of his springtime eyes and settling firmly in the line of his lips. It was the look of a man who knew what was required of him, but even so he dithered, dragging out his answer with needless platitudes.

Everything worth knowing is complicated, she wanted to chastise him, but instead held her silence and the pressure of her demand.

Finally, he began to speak the Truth.

Out it came, a winding story from his childhood, a little convoluted and a little disappointing. Maybe the young Boss had hoped for something juicier than the information she was delivered; Something that would grant her a little more insight into the complications behind the Ulrich name. Till's household had always been something of an enigma, chaotic for those who looked in upon it.

It was quite clear that the narrative Coaxoch wove glossed over many details. Elphaba had never made a direct inquiry to Helena as to what the young man's debt had entailed - it had been a life debt, that much was clear, and a life owed is a steep payment indeed. But in passing her ownership of the debt over to the one-armed man, its clear definitions had become vague.

Sebastien added his own pledge to the sweet story to give it credence. After his gentle, stuttering voice wavered out and silence reclaimed the room, Elphaba laced her fingers together and sat very still. Her pupils danced back and forth between the two men; She seemed to be considering something very serious, for a frown pinched a slight furrow between the slanted angles of her eyes.

Then, all-at-once, she smiled. It was like sunlight bursting out from behind a cloud; Benevolent and warm.

"Very well," The young Boss agreed, sitting back in her throne, "By this payment and the request of Coaxoch of house Ulrich, your debt is cleared. I grant you your freedom, but retain your loyalty. You are a true Salsolan now - Make the most of this boon you have been blessed with."

For a moment her gaze seemed faraway, and when she looked at Till's son, she looked through him. Then she waved her hand dismissively. "Now, be gone from my home, before I change my mind."

we need a forest fire
Salsola
The Boss
Alaine
hierophant
burn the witch
↟ ↟ ↟

Dead Topics