That moment you don't wanna dream about

Dahlia

POSTED: Sun Dec 23, 2018 3:38 am

527 S3 thread for Dahlia.

I don't often think about regret

On this day, he had taken his youth, Spartacus and Freyja out to the stables. He had been looking at Jun, his mare, to see if he might be able to get one last foal from her before he either sold her off or gave her to one of his children that might be able to handle her. The gray mare had never been favored by Till, and the feeling had been mutual between the two. Jun was never happy to come across Till, and she always became nippy and angry every time Till even looked in her direction. The Bastard did not know what he problem was, but this was how she was from day one. He was surprised that he was able to even get one foal from her, much less anyone be able to get near her. Spartacus looked up at his stressed father as he took his pink fingers and scratched his head nervously. The youth cocked his head and smiled up at his father. Daddy, why are you sad? asked the growing boy as he placed his pale paws on the fence's wooden barriers. Till looked down at his son and leaned down to him.

I want to give you and your sisters a pretty horsey one day. But this female horse is....not friendly. I need her to make more horseys he tried to explain to the boy, but did not tell him why or how he was going to "make more horseys". I don't need a horsey, daddy. Sparta spoke up to Till. Till smiled and patted his head lightly. It's not only going to be only for you, though. And trust me, you're going to need one sooner or later. he retorted to the boy before giving him a hug. He looked over to Freyja, who had been off sitting on a bale of hay, because "her feet were cold". He did not blame the tall girl, and instead he stood back up and went to her. He proceeded to grab her and carry her over to the fence where they were watching both Maschine and Jun run in the field.

You want a horsey, right Frey? asked Till as he pointed out towards Maschine and Jun, whom were flirting. I want the PRETTYEST horsey papa!! she exclaimed with a yip. This yip distracted the two horses and they looked at the children. Maschine proceeded to come towards the edge of the fence and towards the children and Till. He was much more curious about the new children than Jun was, and she easily hung back and snorted angrily as she found her bright eyes landing on Till. Till also let out another sigh as he saw Jun cop an attitude and run towards the far end of the run. Once Maschine had come and greet them, Till had smiled and reached out to pet the stallion while his other hand held his daughter. Mashine is nice, go ahead and pet him, Frey, Sparta. he told the two children, and they stuck out their paws and stroked them against the large stallions face and leg.

And what it means to me

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by phlemelleaf@FA, signature image by Motth@FA

Salsola
The Warden
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador Mate to Helena and Calla
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:56 pm

Innocence, once lost, can never be regained
Darkness, once gazed upon, can never be lost

OOC: +400 words.

Dahlia couldn't help but feel the thrill when she was spending time with members of the Cartel, even when it was committing an act of theft. No doubt her own mother and sister were rolling around in their graves knowing the kind of stuff she had been doing. Both of them were devote followers of the Lord, believing that he would save them from Hell so long as they did not sin. There was proof enough in her life to see that he was a false God. The Lord was nothing more than the devil coming to take everyone with him. There was no point in following his path in life, so this act of theft was of no real concern to her.

The horses that had been gathered were the real prize. Tamara had been left with one of them while the gray coyote had to make the journey back home to Salsola with two of them in tow. It was challenging to say the least, having to do with two different personalities from two different horses, and stopping from time to time to not only make sure the animals were following her, but also to stop them from taking unnecessary breaks to eat.

It was already going to take hours to get home, but this was going to make that even longer.

Dahlia couldn't have been more happy to smell the slight hint of thistle poking out from beneath the layer of snow. It was a new day, and she could finally bring these two to the stables. Of course, she had already picked out the stallion to be her own, but for the moment didn't have much of an idea when it came to the mare. The dark horse had a calm demeanor, perfect to be around. It was her own male's slight temper with his capture that seemed to be the thing that needed to be dealt with.

Stepping into the space, her green gaze focused on the monochromatic male that was already there with the two children. A thought had come to her. She didn't know much of Coaxoch or of his extended family, but if memory served, this was the male's father. Perhaps...

Coming closer to the small group, each hand with a lead rope wrapped into it, her voice seemed to echo into the building, perfect to getting the man's attention, "Pardon me, but might you happen to be Till?"

Dahlia de le Poer

The Cartel
La Paloma
Salena
LuperciChaos Star

POSTED: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:44 am

The absence of what you hold dear
Heartache will stem from fear

He had not been paying much attention to anything else but his children and his horses. He kept a close eye on them, and only glanced up at Jun, who had found herself in the far corner of the pasture. This was fine with him, but he knew that she was a bold one and he didn't doubt that she would take any chance that she could to be a miserable sod and get revenge on him for whatever he did that "she didn't like". He had placed Freyja back down on the ground with her brother and letthem go about their business of playing roughly.

His tail wagged gently as he watched his children excitedly yip about the horses and how pretty they were, and Till silently contemplated what he was to do for them when they had gotten older. It had been easy for his eldest children, for Coaxoch had Ixion, and inherited Korosk, while Priya found herself only wanting to take one of Till's goats that he had procured from Garreth's farm. Dirge had also been given a horse from a trade, but none of his newer children had much interest in pets, it seemed, and somehow Till kept receiving more, with the last one being Guts, the now yearling kitten that tended to wander off on his own much more than he used to. Still, every once in awhile Till could be found with the cat on his lap while he dozed off in his armchair near the fireplace in his dwelling.

His ears pricked at the sound of clacking hooves, but he still did not look over, for he had been too deep in his thoughts. It was when Spartacus had turned and ran behind his leg and touched him that he looked up from his thoughts and turned to where Sparta had come from. His ears tilted up and a natural-unnaturally wide smile pressed itself on his maw. He turned lightly to Spartacus and lifted him up to let him rest on one of Till's hips as he stood there, looking at the woman who approached with two horses in tow. "She is a packmember, Sparta, she wouldn't dare harm you, my son." he told the boy with a confident tone in his voice. He still smiled his unnaturally wide smile as he placed his other hand on his son's head and he ruffled the fur there. Sparta whined lightly and wrapped his paws around his father's neck and buried his face in Till's purple scarf.

The woman got closer and asked him if he was who he was. Till nodded his head and tried to place her. He had not formally mt her before, but had heard rumors that there was a woman who had been helping his son raise the two bastards he had been left with. It was unfortunate really, the way the whole thing had happened. He remembered that Coaxoch had mentioned a name, along with that she had been taking the pups to visit Calla for them to feed from her milk. He didn't meet her in all this time yet, for she had never seemed to be around when he was, so he did not know her by looks alone. Her scent was washed, and barely smelt of Salsola. She must have just gotten back from a trade trip or something of the sort. Till tilted his nose to her to try and pick up any scent from her, but the only one he really got was one of coyotes. Maybe she had stolen the horses from some coyotes or something...

His cosmic eyes narrowed slightly on her, but the smile remained the same. "Ah yes, I am Till Van Ulrich-Lykoi. These are my children, Spartacus Ulrich and Freyja D'Lykoi." he introduced himself and his children. Freyja yipped in greeting but stayed close to Till, while Spartacus simply unburied an eye to look at her. "Please, remind me of your name. I do not believe we have met before." he told her, as he let his eyes move to look behind her at the pretty horses that she had acquired.

OOC: herro there. have a quick response. [705]

Image Credits: Theophilos. Table by Gen.

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Warden
J
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:40 pm

Dahlia's eyes peered ahead at the small group, having noticed that the pup was the one to retreat before the man had even turned his own gaze upon her. The young one soon found his way into his father's arms, the male finally addressing not only his son, but the woman before him as well. His small threat hadn't gone unnoticed by her. Eyes narrowed slightly to his tone, giving a huff as her hands moved to her hips, "I'm well aware of what many of you think of me, but contrary to what you may believe I am not stupid enough to go attacking children or ruining my chances here."

It was not only tiring.. but irritating to be of a constant reminder that she was still relatively new here, but more than likely deemed more unworthy of her history. She was a coyote, and an Infernian coyote to boot. It would be easy to make insults and threats at someone like her.

There was no worry as the how she had come to get these two horses. It paid to have close ties not only with ones allies, but ones enemies as well. The hate for those of Inferni was information she could use against those within Salsola to her own advantage. While she would not reveal any close information in regards to the Cartel, showing her loyalty there, it would do no harm in using them for a lie. After all, if she was going to be a part of this place, then what would make her look better than to know she had tricked the former members she had once called family into helping her obtain such a catch to bring back home?

The pale faced man ultimately confirmed to her that he was indeed Till. So this was him. If this was indeed the man's father, then he should have no trouble carrying out a conversation as if that was assumed. Green gaze turned to each child as he named them, giving a nod towards each. So this was a part of the family... just how much bigger was this one that her sister had placed her children into?

Attention turned back to the Tradesman as he inquired about her own name. It only made sense that he would want to know who she was, "Dahlia de le Poer. My sister was the mother of your grandchildren." Was. It pained her to say it as such, but Faith was no longer a part of this world.. the rest of the pups' small family having to work together to pick up the pieces that were left behind.

Dahlia de le Poer

The Cartel
La Paloma
Salena
LuperciChaos Star

POSTED: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:12 pm

Your heart is starting to slow
May the water be safer, as I dive below

Till was unaware that he had been speaking loud enough for the woman to hear him, but he chuckled softly at her words. "I was merely teaching my boy that you are not to be feared, and where he and our family sit upon the hierarchy. Forgive me if it came off as rude. You should know how impressionable they are at this age." he told her, as he looked her over. This girl was just that though, a girl, only to blossom into a woman in some time from now. She was shapely, like a woman might be, but she still had the thinness in her face that suggested that she was still just a girl. However, Till knew that she had been helping Coaxoch with the little bastards that her....sister brought into the world and dumped upon the male who was still just a kid himself. Well...Coaxoch was not a kid, yet he was a young man by now, and Till still didn't feel like he was that old, but Till had been Coaxoch's age when he had Coaxoch and his brother Valtin. It was as if that Coaxoch was following in his own footsteps, yet Till had to do all of it by himself, rather than to have a slew of family that would support him in the birth of the children. Dahlia, too, was lucky that Coaxoch had a support system and that she was not alone in caring for the children, which, by Till's understanding, would have been the case if they had not come to Salsola, seeing as that Inferni was no more.

Till did not show any distaste for her comment, instead he smiled and placed his hand on his son's black back. Spartacus still buried his face in his father's scarf, while his sister was much braver and looked at the other girl with fierce orange eyes that reflected her true parentage. Till chuckled lightly at her as he looked down and saw her with her chest all puffed out and her eyes daring as she looked at Dahlia.

The girl told Till her name then, and who she was. Till nodded once more, for he had heard of her from his wives, from Nephele, as she had often come around to help with Coax's bastards. "Ah, yes, you have been helping Coaxoch with them. For that, I thank you. I hope he has been showing you hospitality, and gratefulness..." he told her as he let his too-wide grin rest on his lips once more. "It is a shame what has happened to your sister, I assure you that we will bring up her children right though, for they are now part of the Family. Forever they will be protected because of this, as my own children are, and all future children will be." he spoke to her, feigning some empathy for what she was feeling. In reality, he felt nothing for the Infernian who had died. She was just one of many to have died on Salsolan soil, and Till could only hope that she did not die within the Blackwoods, for souls to pass on the cursed land were bound to it - doomed to wander the forest for eternity rather than resting.

"Otherwise, have you been settling into your new life well?" he asked her, wondering if she was settling in well, but this was out of politeness mostly, and not out of true curiosity or concern.

OOC: herro, have a slow reply because i suck. [586]

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Warden
J
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:00 pm

OOC: +300 words.

Pups were impressionable... there was no denying that, but it couldn't be helped at the standing that Dahlia and her sister had been in since the day they had come to Salsola. She was only here because of her sister's children, but regardless of her reasoning, they were still loyal to Inferni. Even when the clan had formally disbanded, the two of them stayed behind in its old lands. Part of the younger sibling wasn't even sure why she was still there. Loyalty to her family was the most obvious answer...

But considering her track record with the Cartel, it was clear what choice would have made. She loved her family... but at some point, all of them were going to have to live their own lives. Once the pups were older... or at least old enough to be getting along well enough in Salsola... she was going to have to decide what was best not only for them... but for her as well.

Regardless of her own personal issues, she offered the man a nod in response to his answer, "Yes, of course."

The gray coyote couldn't help but narrow here eyes to Till's comment about hoping his son had been showing her some hospitality. Green orbs drifted slightly to the side, a snort escaping her, "I believe you and him would have very different definitions on what hospitality and gratefulness means.." She straightened herself back up, not wanting to linger on that for too long, "It was my sister's choice to have them born here and raised here. I have been doing my best to help raise them to Salsola's standards and way of life.. but should they want to know about their mother, I do not intend on lying to them. Surely you can understand that."

Offering a small shrug, she gave a nod in turn, "Well enough yes. I must admit, it's taking a bit of getting used to, but it's not impossible. I just came to bring these two into the stables."

Dahlia de le Poer

The Cartel
La Paloma
Salena
LuperciChaos Star

POSTED: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:31 pm

Till noticed her eyes narrowing as she spoke about Coaxoch, and Till did not let his smile falter. She would notice this about him, he was all smiles and politeness, but in all truth, it was facetious, and she would learn this too about him should she spend enough time around him. She commented lightly about the subject, and it was obvious that it was a sore subject, but he couldn't imagine that Coaxoch would be the most terrible about the whole situation, for Coaxoch had been raised well, as a true Salsolan. Till thought about it a little harder and realized that they were probably fighting because of the sheer difference in cultures. Till's tail flicked lightly as his scrunched eyes became wider, and smile became less wide to make room for his bright eyes peering at the woman. "I will have to speak with him then it seems." he commented loosely, but did not press the issue further, seeing as the woman did not want to talk about it and that much was obvious.

She spoke more about their mother, and not lying to the children should they ask, and he understood as much. Till nodded his head lightly. "I don't expect them to be lied to in the slightest bit. I would....maybe not tell them that they were their mother's killer, for maybe that is something that they could learn when they were older. But as far as her heritage goes, I expect them to know that you and your sister were from Inferni." he told her, debating in his head whether or not she should know that his own parents were from Salsola, even though he was born and raised within the Family as well. Would she be willing to trust him more if so? He decided to chance it. "I am a bastard of Inferni blood, myself. Though I never knew my father, only my mother, who is Azucena Lykoi. Basilio Lykoi was her brother, and my uncle. Though, I was born here, and this makes me as Salsolan as the born and bred." he told the woman with his grin growing slightly wider. He didn't know their relation and the fact that the children that she was taking care of were inbred, much less did he know that Dahlia and Faith were only half-sisters. He did watch her closely though, for her reaction about the news of his own lineage.

"It's a great change, as far as I'm aware. It's still a shame what happened to Inferni, and I'm sorry that Salsola and Inferni were not on the best of terms in the end. I could only hope that the coyotes will recover and find homes." he lied, so easily but adding a good dose of sympathy in his tone as to make it seem like he was being truthful about his words, even though he could care less that Inferni had disbanded. If anything, Till had been at the front lines of the battles, and he would have killed more Infernians if he had the chance to.

OOC: Whoops, Till made a booboo. [525]

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Warden
J
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:41 pm

Dahlia figured that even if she went into some of the smaller details about some interactions she had with Coaxoch, but she figured not much would come of it. Even if Till were to say something to him, as he stated he would.. there wasn't much telling what would happen behind closed doors. It was better to move on from the issue. It was his home, and she was just going to have to make her trips much less frequent. Maybe when the snow started to go away the pups could spend some time at her little home in Milestone.

It was at least comforting that their grandfather was more understanding than the pup's father was. It was important for them to know of their mother's culture and past at the very least, if only just to learn about it. Salsola would be the pup's home, and nothing was going to change that. She couldn't help but roll her eyes to one comment, "Of course. I have no intention of telling them about her death until they are old enough to understand. Inferni will always be close to me no matter where my home is, so I only want to tell my sister's children of the clan they will never be able to know."

And perhaps make sure that nothing happens like what happened between Salsola and Inferni.

In an instant, the gray coyote seemed to go silent. His parentage made her think of this man in a much different light. She couldn't help but feel her lips curl up at the memory of Faith telling her sister about the man, "Basilio Lykoi... I know that name... That's the name of my sisters' father. Not long after they shifted, he up and abandoned his mate and children. She never saw him after that." She paused for a moment... considering more information that she knew of about the man and his connection to Helena...

Perhaps there was more of a connection to why she had decided to attack her pregnant sister.

For now... it was brushed aside, nothing but a furrow of her brows on the thought before she spoke again, "That would make you and my sister cousins. Well isn't this now a bit of a complicated mess." How... annoying in some manner of speaking. Ears pulled back slightly to the mention of Inferni and the war. She gave a small shrug, "I hadn't even shifted when Salsola burned down the mansion. It's not a pleasant sight for any pup to have to witness." But she didn't like thinking about those times. They were here now and Inferni was not. Gently giving a tug on the lead ropes, her eyes scanned the stables, "Are there some empty stalls I can guide these two into?"

Dahlia de le Poer

The Cartel
La Paloma
Salena
LuperciChaos Star

POSTED: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:19 am

He nodded when she verified that she would not tell the children of how their mother died until they were older, and Till believed that this was for the best. It had been his mistake to tell Dirge that he was the monster that killed his own mother and that made his relationship with the boy become strained and it still did not recover as much as he would have liked. Even after apologizing, Dirge still had some sort of anger to do with it because he simply did not spend much time with Till anymore. He spent much more time with Helena, and Calla in efforts to stay away from Till. "I have no qualms with that. I'm sure Coaxoch would like them to know about Inferni as well." he spoke easily.

When she brought up that they were all related, it made Till scratch at his ear lightly and chuckle in an embarrassed way. "Well isn't that a coincidence." Till easily let the words from his tongue. "I wonder if Coaxoch and your sister ever talked about the Family. I'm not sure they would have lay together if they had known they were so closely related." he mentioned, knowing full well that he had not only slept with Helena, who was a cousin, but he also laid with Elody, who was a distant cousin. This made his children with Helena be inbred as well, but that also meant that Coaxoch himself was also inbred. Till didn't really think too much of it, rather, he thought that all love was equal. "I never knew Basilio all too well, so I'm sorry that he abandoned you guys. Let it be known that our Family here, in Salsola, would never think of abandoning our family." he assured her, with a smile on his maw once more. It was truth, he had only met the midget once in all of his time and their interaction was very short.

"I'm sure that Coaxoch and your sister did not think of the familial relation, seeing as you and her have the de le Poer last name. " Till did not remember the name of her sister, but he did know that they did not carry the Lykoi name, it would have all been obvious then. Either way, it didn't really matter to Till. He only acted like it was a minor inconvenience because the girl did.

She went on to speak of seeing the flames of the mansion burning. Till outwardly let his smile drop at the mention of this, but inside he was brimming, laughing really. He feigned sympathy once more. "Oh no! I'm so sorry that you had to see that! I promise, I had nothing to do with the war. I was too busy caring for my little ones, Julius and Chester, at the time, seeing as Helena was missing, and Calla was busy helping the Doctor with the wounded." the Archer lied, knowing now that she was too young to have known that he fought in the battles of Salsola and Inferni. Till shifted his weight on his feet as he stood there, and the woman asked him if there was any empty stalls. Till's face reanimated and he let his maw form an 'o' as he looked back at her and the horses. "Oh, sorry about that, yeah there are a few right over here. Let me show you." he told her as he turned his back to her and motioned with his free hand for her to follow him. He also glanced over at Freyja, who also followed along after her father and stayed close to him so she didn't get stepped on by the large horses.

"Those are some beautiful horses. Where did you get them from?" he asked her, wondering if she got them in an honest way or if she had stolen them. If he had to guess, he would have assumed that she stole them, for he did not think that in her short time in Salsola that she would have gotten enough wares to purchase if not one, but two horses. He had been a thief once upon a time, he knew how it was, when he needed to get things that he wanted.

OOC: Whoops, Till made a booboo. [720]

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Warden
J
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON

POSTED: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:29 am

OOC: +600 words.

Dahlia grew a little more hesitant when it came to the subject of teaching the pups about Inferni. In a society that deemed all the coyotes of the once strong clan to be their enemies, there was no doubt in her mind that so long as the children were going to be raised in the Thistle Kingdom, any ounce of that clan's history would be snuffed out in favor of their new home's glory. And then Till's words. Would he really? So far, it seemed he was so unwilling to even tell the pups about their mother properly. What made his father think he would be so open about Inferni with this being the case?

A soft sigh passed her lips, arms carefully crossing so she could still hold the lead ropes, "No offense to you or Coaxoch, but I feel it would be best that any information about Inferni comes from me. Those in Salsola have their own perspective when compared to someone who actually lived there. As for him wanting the children to learn about it, I may have to disagree. He barely talks about Faith. If he wants to keep stuff from them about their mother, then why would he not twist things around about Inferni? Or hide that from them at all? I'm cautious is all." They had a right to know, to have all their questions answered, and she would see to it herself that they learn properly about their own heritage.

Basilio was not always a terrible man, at least from what her sister would often tell her... just how broken their family felt when he left all of them behind without so much as a goodbye. She gave another small sigh, a soft smile forming, "Well.. that's comforting to know at least. I never knew Basilio either. I was born after he left my family. I was... someone my mother never planned on having." But she was glad that she didn't dispose of her when the time came. She was far too caring to do something like that... even if Izual had destroyed her.

Green eyes narrowed slightly to Till's second parting of sympathy. She was more than willing to open up some about her family, and the loss that now affected his family as well. Lips curled up slightly as he tried to make himself and his family look better. She knew slightly better, "It doesn't matter if you had anything to do with it or not, Salsola still burned down or home as part of the war. They tore away innocents who didn't deserve to die in the blaze. Your sympathy does little for me." She couldn't recall much of the war, or even what her sister had done to be part of it... but little mattered now. She would never let Salsola off for what they had done.

The gray coyote followed the man through the stables, eyes moving down to make sure she and the horses were not to close to the man's children. A grin curled across her lips, tail giving a small wag, "It's great what you can accomplish with trust. I happened across a couple of coyotes I recognized from Inferni. I tricked them into helping me get them, though I have had quite a handful on myself for dragging them back here. It'll be nice to leave them here instead of walking with them, especially this one." She gave a small tug on the stallion's lead, to which he snorted and turned his head away.

Dahlia de le Poer

The Cartel
La Paloma
Salena
LuperciChaos Star

Dead Topics