[M] And you can have it all, my empire of dirt

To see if I still feel...

POSTED: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:12 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.
000 ooc
I wear this crown of thorns

Adrenalin rushed, crashing loudly against the drums of her ears. The Incident had taken only a moment's lapse from her own caution... And... And..

Her fingers gripped Nani's reins so tightly, and her horse did not slow, not even as trapped borders passed them by. Winter was giving up the fight slowly. Momentary panic had long been crushed, a different kind of fervency filled Helena. Twisting and twisting and here before her, here lay the opportunities she had been thinking upon since he had driven a loaned dagger into the mongrel's throat.

The rocky road down the cliff was not as easily traversed by horse, but Nani managed the steep decline and eventually they were spilled out onto damp sand.

The tunic was torn, a testament to the closeness that death had reached for her. Beneath parted fabric, a thin line etched into her skin bled slowly, pain enough to bring her life into stark focus. Iron hurt less than claws.

She slid from the horse and stood facing the ocean. It was not so long ago...

She was tugged into a multitude of directions, first and foremost an unwillingness to set aside her own desires. Her hand pressed against her side, to the shallow wound underneath the material, the splay of fingers creeping into the gentle curve of her stomach.

"....." She turned back her head to look at him, parted black lips as though to speak, and said nothing at all.

What have I become, my sweetest friend
Last edited by Helena Troy Lykoi on Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Jace
Luperci Conserje, Cocinero Mate to Calla and Till
♚· Reine de la Saleté ·♚

POSTED: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:17 pm

The me that you know
Is now made up of wires

White knuckled, Andrew held tightly to the reins of Helena's horse with blood smattered fingers. It congealed into a crust in the servant's short fur as it dried, sharp and sticky. He looked straight ahead, speaking naught of the incident or its aftermath. He felt her heart race with her chest pressed against his back, yet his was still -- numb. He was a cold and callous beast, tempered by fire. To cull an outsider was to do the world a favor.

He was a particular brand of scum, Andrew thought. He had known the moment he laid eyes on the wolf. There was a look to him. A crooked glimmer in his eyes; a hunger that theft alone would not sate. He wanted her and made a pass. It was never about trade. It was about power.

Andrew saw red. He moved quick, driving the knife into the stranger's throat before he could cause her harm. No one expected the servant. No one ever expected the servant.

Nani carried them deep into the perceived safety of Salsolan territory. He could smell the salt of the sea, and away, Andrew could see the watchtower loom in distance under a grey and overcast sky. She slipped from the horse first and Andrew soon followed. He stepped into the sand and saw the tear in her tunic.

She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came. She didn't need to say anything. He approached and ran his hand softly against the torn fabric of her clothes where the wolf's knife had cut. "He hurt you," Andrew muttered, palm splayed lightly against the subtle curve of her stomach. Life blossomed beneath.

OOC text here!
We are what we are. Get in the goddamn car.
Salsola
The Serf
Ryan
Luperci I HAVE A BIG HEAD AND LITTLE ARMS SL Top Poster!

POSTED: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:10 pm

000 ooc

She waged wars within herself, the lay of her eyes restlessly moving across his face and body.

"A scratch." It was truth, she had suffered worse injury during the war, during the tumultuous cacophony of her life prior to existence within this pack.

They crashed together in symphony, waves against the shoreline behind her. She did bleed like a normal mortal.

Her fingers came away red from her wound, but already the blood grew tacky in her fur. It would heal quickly, Helena was not concerned over the small cut. The implications were so much greater than that.

Her hand, the non bloodied one, reached out to touch his face.

'Zhis man owes me a debt.'

Another body added to his count at her behest. Again, Justice meted out against those lowly, wretched individuals who dared to try Salsola's might. Beyond Andrew, Nani's saddlebags filled to burst with the dead-man's possessions, stripped from his cooling corpse.

"You saved me." They were barely words, whispered against salted ocean air. It was a thing that a good servant was expected to perform, keeping a master safe. It was different from Phobos' hulking presence.

She was not surprised by his actions but the cold fervency they had been delivered. She surprised herself with the effectiveness of her own machinations.

Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Jace
♚· Reine de la Saleté ·♚

POSTED: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:49 pm

The me that you know
Is now made up of wires

A scratch. Nary such a thing should mar her tender flesh. The cold iron of a foreign dagger, Andrew cursed himself for not sinking his blade into the wolf's neck sooner. It was a matter of luck that the blade had only swiped her.

Touch. Warm and tangible. She was so solid against his gentle fingertips; safe and secure beneath the slight curve of her belly. He could not bear the thought of losing her, not after losing so much. Not to some lawless mongrel no less. For Andrew latched on to her like no other. His attachments ran deep. Emotional. Physical. At the center of his existence, at the crux of it all, there was only her. She was his center.

Just as she wanted from the beginning. Just as she had planned. Her victory was absolute.

"I--" She drew into him with an admittance fresh on her lips. Saved. The word was ever familiar in a Salsolan context. She had saved him, plucked him from horrible men and gave him food, shelter, clothing, and security. She gave him life, and for that his debt truly was immeasurable. Yet now, the cosmic scales sought balance between master and servant.

"I did only as you have for me," Andrew answered, meeting her bicolored gaze in earnest. He repaid her every conscious moment with his utter devotion. It did not falter. Not once. "You saved my life. It's only fitting that I should save yours."

OOC text here!
Salsola
The Serf
Ryan

POSTED: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:40 pm

000 ooc

Ensconced within fine florid lines of ruddy cheeks, the vibrancy of the previous month's Red Moon blossomed. The freeing lift of heaviness from her shoulders it had coaxed. Andrew had slept through its arrival and departure, she had witnessed its glory with rapt attentions. That she should think of it now gave a silence to the great thundering in her mind.

By the Law of Salsola, the value of her own life was many times that of his own. A high-ranked woman of great distinction, and he, just a lowly servant from an enemy camp. Before the scales of a celestial body however, all were made equal. His tribulation was only another in the series of attempted correction of the wronged.

It was not so hard then, to make a choice.

Again that glittering image came to her, as it had done on the night he had ended his own fears.

Visible excitement wrenched its way through her, the shuddering of her fur that spiked into bristling needles. Quivering whiskers and another breaking of pressed lips for momentary silence. She wiped off the blood on her fingers against the guise of her tunic and a second hand cupped his cheek, cradling his head in her hands.

Trust was a very hard thing to form in the Thistle Kingdom, each sought their own selfish ends. None could be relied upon. The man who's very soul she had overwrote and reworked, she could see them there, the pieces of herself she had filled in the gaping gaps with. He was all but unrecognizable. Only she could see the person he used to be.

It was time then, to send a fox amongst the slumbering chickens. They could use a good deal of scattering.

The ocean drove inwards and inwards beyond her intensive stare.

Helena's voice was soft but no less impression-ed,

"Am I 'aving your loyalty, mon cherie? No matter what may be 'appening?" There was a specific weight to her words, questions unspoken that existed in the spaces between her words. What are you willing to sell.

Even this she made into a give and take, only his life was not enough, she wanted more, more, more.

Helena Troy Lykoi

Salsola
The Inquisitor
Jace
♚· Reine de la Saleté ·♚

POSTED: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:08 pm

The me that you know
Is now made up of wires

Salsola, as Andrew knew it, was a den of serpents, a cold reflection of the world at large. Yet even still, Andrew wanted to live among them. To belong amidst the reptilian masses who ate their own to further themselves and garner status and wealth within this toxic kingdom. For the world beyond was no different -- no, worse. Here, he had security. There was law. Order.

And there was her.

Helena was a glimmer of light in the darkness. The only living being Andrew believed himself able to truly trust. She tethered him so skillfully to her hip in a way that Andrew could hardly see the chains that held him down. "Of course," he answered. His loyalties to his master were absolute despite his promise to the Salsolan Queen. Nothing would come of it, Andrew was sure of that.

His loyalty was implicit in his actions. He killed for her. The blood of the wolf who threatened her still stained his hands. "W-why do you ask?" He wondered aloud. Surely, Helena had something on her mind. She had a look about her -- it wasn't distress, but he could clearly see the gears of thought turning.

OOC text here!
Salsola
The Serf
Ryan

Salsola