[M] The gnashing of teeth

POSTED: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:36 pm

WARNING: This thread contains material exceeding the general board rating of PG-13. It may contain very strong language, drug usage, graphic violence, or graphic sexual content. Reader discretion is advised.

The me that you know
Is now made up of wires

Great things were not wrought in a single day. They required careful planning and thorough groundwork, akin to tending a garden. This project, the Sheild's Barracks, it was Andrew's plot to nurture and prune, for sometime soon it would grow into a contribution unlike any other in the kingdom -- a lasting mark that would stand for generations to come. For this, the Serf would be venerated in the annals of Salsolan history, not only for breaking his chains, but for the quality of his work.

Andrew was pleased.

Yet again, with his small army of Servitori, the Serf went about delegating tasks and laying heavy stones to build up the barracks walls. Oh, and how the walls took shape. Stepping away, it was easier to visualize the finished structure now that its thick stone walls stood at waist height. It was a tangible thing in Andrew's imagination. So real. Yet, there was still much work to be done until the War Room was complete.

Those who worked on the project were a well oiled machine. Everything had its place, ad everyone, a task. Hands caked with dried grout, Andrew pulled himself away from the structure to make his rounds.

Noticing the pile of fired shells by the crude, mud kiln was dwindling, Andrew beckoned Silas forth. A loyal servant, Silas proved himself to be a valuable asset, and for that he had Andrew's respect. He pulled the servant close and started to instruct him to empty another sack into the firing kiln.

Permission to PP Silas approved by Salena!
We are what we are. Get in the goddamn car.
Del Cenere Gang
The Unkindled
Ryan
Luperci I HAVE A BIG HEAD AND LITTLE ARMS

POSTED: Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:04 am

OOC: bleepbloop WC: 636

She heard dancing reels turn to 'the rains of castamere'

Justice had no name when it came to defending himself and his name. No one had enacted upon the treasonous words of the Serf, and Till found this to be rather...disappointing in the least. It would seem that it was time to enact his own justice, to punish the creature for his foul words and his wandering hands. No other time would serve better than now, for Helena had no strength to stop the Warden in his plight. He did not tell her of his disappointment, of his suspicions, of his secrets and his justice that he would serve. He had more than one right to punish Andrew for his crimes against Ulrich, and as Patriarch, it was his duty to sever cancer at the tendons.

The man probably thought he was smart, that he was forgiven, that others would start to like him as he had started to work around the pack, bringing a structure for the Shield tier. Till heard the whispers of a structure and how the Serf was building it, how he was being "involved", and Till thought it charming that the male would try to get in good graces of others so that he might be one of them, one of the Family. Till was only one man that the other male had disgraced, and Till did not have much power, but Till knew that he could at least strike while the fire was hot and he would not get into trouble for it. Else, why would O'Riley give him the name of the man? Else why would O'Riley hold the same fiery rage for the man that Till did? The Bastard in the North knew what he needed to do.

Till got his hunting knife and pushed it in his belt, hidden from onlookers as he continued to get himself ready to leave his home. When he did leave, he left alone, with no horse nor family in tow. There was only the shadow of a feline following him as he moved on and about towards the location he knew this structure to be placed. He easily walked, without much rush in his step, even as his nerves in his stomach started to build and coil like a snake in his belly. Till felt his ears flick back and forth as he continued to walk on and on until he could see the rough beginnings of a shelter and the bustling of the other servants around it. He also saw the Serf giving orders to the servants, as if he had a right to do so. Till felt his hairs stand on edge as he walked along and found the Serf talking to Silas, a loyal servant - one who deserved freedom more than the Serf. Till's lips pulled back into a grin as he looked at Silas and then to Andrew.

The pink palm of the male rose in greeting, and then it waved on Silas. When he did not move, Till looked him in the eyes and lifted a lip to show a canine. Hey, Silas, Please leave. he commanded the scarred beast. Till's eyes hardened as he turned his head back to Andrew, but he did not stop smiling. No.

He would never stop smiling.

I need to speak with you, privately. he told the Serf, with the tone of an order, not a suggestion or a question of if he was too busy to talk or not. Till would have a word with him, now and not a second later. He did not let his eyes off of Andrew, nor did he back down his gaze, and should Andrew raise his eyes to Till's, he would find out how quick the hand of the Archer was.

And In her skin and bones growled a creature of doubt

Last edited by Till Van Ulrich-Lykoi on Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by Jasmae@FA, signature image by Motth@FA

Salsola
The Jagermeister
J
Luperci Witch & Cazador because I’m delicious, like Flantasy Flan.
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON
FEAR NOT THE TASK AHEAD

POSTED: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:55 am

The me that you know
Is now made up of wires

He saw from the corner of his eye, that gaudy, garish flash of lavender against the fledgling green of early Spring. Andrew watched pensively from his periphery as he continued the task at hand, explaining to Silas exactly what needed to be done to keep construction running smoothly. If the Warden wanted the Serf to feel the sharp bite of fear, Andrew would not give him the satisfaction.

Andrew held himself with dignity. After all, Salsola had no place for the weak. The spineless were doomed to rot in thankless service to the Kingdom. He could cower no longer to the wills of weak men, nor could he serve the Quartermaster from the bottom social rung.

"Warden," Andrew greeted as he pleasantly dipped his head. "Pleasure of you to join us." Though Andrew feared the Warden not, the coming confrontation was a precarious scenario at best. He would have to proceed carefully and think his words through. Most of all, Andrew knew engaging the Warden in private invited danger. Staying in the open granted Andrew safety.

"Go on Silas," Andrew instructed, waving the servant away. "Feed the kiln."

Andrew's attention returned to the Warden. His sinister smile was unnerving, yet Andrew stood his ground. Steadfast. "I'm afraid I can't do that, Warden," Andrew explained. "See, the Servitori, as hard working as they are -- they aren't builders. They'd be lost without my guidance and I'd prefer to keep them working." After all, it was all in the pretense of serving the kingdom to the best of his abilities.

"Whatever needs to be said, can be said here," Andrew went on. "Unless you'd like to explain to the Director why his barracks has fallen behind schedule." Despite being a Serf, Andrew's time was particularly valuable to the kingdom.

OOC Text Here!
Del Cenere Gang
The Unkindled
Ryan

POSTED: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:29 am

OOC: bleepbloop WC:644

She heard dancing reels turn to 'the rains of castamere'

The male dared to not listen to his instruction, as if it was a mere suggestion, and Till found his large ears falling back aggressively on his head and while his smile did not fade, his body did grow tense with anger as he found not only one, but two men of lower rank disregarding his own orders. He did not even look at Silas, for he knew he would strike the beast where he stood if he looked at the other, and instead, his eyes pinned on Andrew, whom found himself under the protection of the Director, "for the Servitor were not builders", and "the building would be delayed". The Warden did not fucking care about the stupid building, nor did he care about Brocade. Till knew that if he wanted to, if he needed to, Till's arrows were too quick for the male to come at him without losing his eyes this time. I would be glad to explain to the Director that you have been taken from your duty to face a punishment for lying and being disrespectful to not only one, but four higher ranking Salsolans. he told Andrew with a lift of his chin and a cock of his head, only slightly to the side, that showed the other male that he wore the Hand of Eris on his neck, of all places.

And by that, you have also been hiding behind his name to avoid your punishments. Which is a crime worthy of even more punishment. Till told the other, with a rumble coming from his chest as he did, but still his smile did not fade. I only tell you to speak with me in private so that these Servitori do not have to witness a freed man's ego, and integrity ripped from him the very few weeks he has been freed. he told the other, for Till was fine with showing these luperci that he meant business and that they would not get away with talking down to not only himself, but also to his son. Andrew had long crossed a very fine line, and Till was tired of it. He was tired of the man dragging him into things that were none of his business, and more or less lying to the Crown about things that Andrew knew nothing about.

Andrew might of thought Till to be powerless in his rank, but Till had been around Salsola for a long time, much longer than Andrew, and Till had earned trust from the Crown and the one before it, and if anything, if possibly anything he could do, it was within his realm to punish a man whom spoke out against him in confidence and slandered his name as if Till had been a murderer, when he was not. This was the one thing that Andrew did not think about. Andrew also disclosed secrets from not only himself, but Calla, and Helena to the Crown and almost besmirched all names of the noble houses of Ulrich, Valtentine, and Lykoi. This in itself was traitorous.

Not to mention that Andrew also called the children Eden and Evelyn of the defunct coyote clan, in front of a Confidant now Tradesman, whom personally had the children blessed by the crown itself as children of Salsola. Andrew had been doing a lot to anger the house in which gave him in freedom, and here he was, not even man enough to take his punishments in stride.

Unless, you would like to be punished by being silenced by the Queen. I can arrange that as well, Serf. For you have run your tongue long, much too long and it's time for someone to do something about it. he spoke as he brushed off a bug from his ascot and he continued to look at Andrew with violent cosmic eyes.

And In her skin and bones growled a creature of doubt

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Jagermeister
J
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON
FEAR NOT THE TASK AHEAD

POSTED: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:57 pm

The me that you know
Is now made up of wires

The Warden spoke like someone who'd never received a good slap -- not that Andrew could do so, of course. Even as powerless as Andrew believed Till to be, he knew if he laid a hand on the Warden, the Serf would cease to have hands by royal decree. Yet Andrew needed not preoccupy himself with such foul notions, for words were his weapons in place of a swift open palm. Such was Salsola's way. Back ally dealings and veiled hidden meanings were forged into Salsola's very spine and identity.

It was a dance, this game. Andrew could respect it as a give and take. Yet, only a subtle hand would prevail. This was Till's failing, for he too easily played his hand. He let the Warden finish his incendiary speech and stood calm and collect. Andrew's emotions were reined in and would remain under complete control. "We both know this isn't the time or the place, Warden," Andrew assured, his expression unchanged. His polite, public façade remained fixed. If the Warden desired respect, he would receive it

He was a spotlight, set to expose the true nature of men.

"I do not fear what the Servitori hear, Warden. They are here to do a job, nothing more." So was Andrew. Yet Till still chose to waste his valuable time. "So whatever you've heard -- whatever you think I've done -- know that it has all been in service to my Kingdom." After all, he'd done only as the inquisition had instructed; he'd come forward with relevant information. The questions Andrew raised to the inquisitorial squad were plausible. Believable even. If dragged before the Queen herself, Andrew would own them still.

The Queen's approval still rang in the Serf's ears.

OOC Text Here!
Del Cenere Gang
The Unkindled
Ryan

POSTED: Fri May 03, 2019 3:49 am

OOC: bleep bloop WC: 875

Word is a gift, it's a sword, It's a gun always ready for war

The Serf constantly stood on the edge of that line, challenging his superiors, challenging a man who could have gotten rid of him long ago, but didn't in respect for the choice of his wife. Till did not know why the male was so outrageously defiant to him, yet in the eyes of others, seemingly so good. It irritated him to no end, and Till would have his revenge. Oh, Till would have his revenge. Till had been patient for long enough, he had let the stupid song of a bitch run his mouth, he let Andrew linger around his family for far too long. The male had told others secrets in which he had no right to tell another, he had no right to lie about. He had little right to betray the family that took him in, that gave him the pleasure of living even though he was a godforsaken Inferni Scum.

Andrew tried to defer the Warden's orders, and Till's large ears tilted back aggressively on his head, though his maw still showed that sickly sweet smile. Oh, but you don't get to decide when the time is right, now do you? he asked Andrew with a twitch of his head that formed an all too deranged look as his neck made his head cock just a bit too far to the left, and it almost looked as if he had broken his neck with as long as it sat there. It continued to look like this as he stood there with bright eyes looking at Andrew as he gave a sort of faux respect for the man who wore a rank higher than Till ever thought he would be. The Serf was a piece of shit, and Till would expose this sooner or later. If Till did not out-rightly end the life of Andrew, he sure would make it more miserable than he had been when he was chained in Helena's basement, in which, wasn't all that bad because at least then, he had the drugs. Till would make reality hit him straight in the throat, where Till's fangs might end up if Andrew did not tread lightly. The Servatori speak the rumors amongst their kind, you and I know this both. You might think of me as stupid, but I know this land, these people more than you ever will. he told the other, as he straightened his head and he continued to look at the male with violence in his cosmic purple and blue eyes.

The male went on to talk about how it all was in service of "his Kingdom" and all the excuses in the world. 'Whatever you think I've done?'- Oh Andrew, I don't think anything, I know what you have done. he spoke as he took a few steps to the side and he started to circle Andrew as if he was prey. When he came to the other's opposite shoulder he put his hand on it and squeezed it beneath his pink pads, and his white claws protruded from their sheaths to poke into Andrew's shoulder. Till came close to Andrew's ear, and his voice came low. Did you really think that the Boss wouldn't tell me who spoke my name in blasphemy? Till lied with a hiss of his tongue in the male's ear. He didn't need to tell Andrew that it was O'Riley, and Till would spin the truth however he wanted, for Andrew would-could never know the difference. Not unless he was in better graces than Till was, and Till highly doubted that he ever would be.

Do you really think they would trust fucking scum like you over someone who has lived among them since their birth? Over someone who serves their family since the beginning? the venomous words dripped from his fangs as he hovered over the shorter man's shoulder, for Till was still quite a bit taller than the mostly Coyote man.

You're barking up the wrong tree, Andrew. he told the other as he let go of the man's shoulder and he circled back around with almost playful steps as he moved around and around. It was the only thing keeping him from striking the man where he stood really. Maybe, just maybe you should get more information before you go running your tongue about things you don't know about. It makes it less easy to see when you are trying to frame someone for a murder they did not commit, ya fuckin' asshole. his fangs showed then, not in the sickly sweet way they had before, but now in anger as he finally come to stop before Andrew once more.

Look, you can't even be man enough to apologize. How arrogant. How disrespectful. How idiotic. Till spat in the man's face then. He wondered if Andrew could take the shame that Till was about to bring upon him. Maybe O'Riley told him about Andrew to warn Till about him, a subtle hint that Andrew was not only not to be trusted, but also not someone in which O'Riley would ever trust.

Mistakenly taken, gracefully faken, My words of wisedom

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Jagermeister
J
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON
FEAR NOT THE TASK AHEAD

POSTED: Sat May 11, 2019 4:55 pm

The me that you know
Is now made up of wires

He'd given his evidence to two, and only two -- though, it surprised Andrew not that the rumor had spread through the vines as intended and down to Till himself. However, Andrew had hoped that two paragons of Salsolan power he'd spoken with would take his identity with discretion. Yet hope was not enough of a force to wager one's life upon. Instead, he hedged his bets on expectation. Andrew expected to worst; he accounted for it. He'd been sold out, but it was of no importance for it changed matters not.

He'd expected the Queen to take his words in confidence in accordance with their prior meeting. O'Riley, who's prejudices ran deep, was another case entirely. Till's mention of the Salsolan Queen did not stir Andrew. Till was a liar, or so he'd heard from Julius. Another snake in the pit. If the Queen had truly taken issue with Andrew's loyal service to justice, why had she not call him in to an audience? Did she hope to sic Till on a Serf to fight Salsola's battles for her? Andrew suspected a ploy. A counter gambit. It would be something to ask about in private.

It seemed more likely the Erilaz would pit one problem against another. Yet, it was enough to plant a seed of doubt.

The Serf let him finish, culminating in TIll's ultimate display of disrespect. Bearing it in stride, Andrew was unmoved and calmly wiped the spit from his face. "If you've come to strike me," Andrew spoke flatly then, "then strike me." There was no pain Till could inflict that would be beyond what Andrew had already endured. He feared one thing, and one thing only.

"Otherwise," his words carried an air of finality, "we're done here."

OOC text here!
Del Cenere Gang
The Unkindled
Ryan

POSTED: Thu May 30, 2019 12:38 am

OOC: bleep bloop WC: 653

Word is a gift, it's a sword, It's a gun always ready for war

The way that Andrew seemed so unaffected by everything irked Till to no end. Till could feel the anger building in his chest as he stood there in front of the male, and he seemed to think that he could just tell Till what to do. How Andrew acted like he "knew it all" was insulting to the intelligent Ulrich, whom had played this game for longer than Andrew. There was little in the way that should have made Andrew good at playing this game, for Inferni was a pack of barbarians who did not place importance to political stances. They were not intelligent, not like how the Bastard had to be to rise where he was within Salsola, even after his many mistakes that had costed him not only blood, but time and love.

Insults of the verbal kind did not work on him, and he wiped away the spit with little regard. Till was not so much looking for a rise in the other male but he did find the disrespect that he showed Till to be damning and ultimately annoying. Had Andrew gone through the right motions of showing submission instead of blatant disregard for him then maybe things would have been different, but as it was, Andrew had not shown Till any sort of respect or submission and this had made Till not only suspect him of things he might not of done, but he also loathed him with every fiber of his being. Till had male slaves previously, in fact, he bought the life of Phobos for his lovely wife at the time and Phobos served them for years now, and Till held nothing but respect for the freed man, and he also had become something of family to the Ulrichs. Andrew, whom had been here for less than a year, had not done one thing to earn respect or mercy from Till. Andrew was a threat because of this, not truly broken as some might think him to have been. No broken man would fight so hard for his freedom by kissing up to the Queen, and instead they would serve quietly until the Queen saw his hard work.

There was something inherently wrong with what was going on with Andrew, and Till sensed it. Till loathed that no one else saw what he saw, and this was what brought him here today.

Andrew spoke to strike him, if he was going to, and then told Till that they were done here if he was not to strike him. Mistake. Mistake after mistake after mistake.

The knife's hilt found itself within Till's hand before another breath could be taken. He launched forward without a word and pressed the knife at the other's throat. Is this what you wanted? snarled Till, as he pressed the knife on the male's thick coat, for this was the only thing that protected him from the sharp edge of the cold blade.

It took everything that Till was to not slice his throat then and there.

A terrible laugh started to come from his maw as he hovered over the male, as he used his free hand to dig his claws into the other male's cheek. He would have spoken, he wanted to tell the coyote how much he was loathed, how lucky he was that Till was not allowed to kill him, and how Till would have loved to give him the sweet release of death. Instead, his laughter grew from a mere chuckle to a deep, unsettling, crazed laughter as he thought of if it was really worth letting his knife dig into his flesh.

If Andrew was smart, if he truly was intelligent as he liked to think, then he would now understand that there was a danger in the bones of Till Van Ulrich-Lykoi, and that dangerousness had another name.

Insanity. Unpredictability.

Mistakenly taken, gracefully faken, My words of wisedom

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Jagermeister
J
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON
FEAR NOT THE TASK AHEAD

POSTED: Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:14 pm

The me that you know
Is now made up of wires

There was an important choice to be made. Andrew allowed Till to make his on his own, for a vile man could only expose his true nature on his own accord. The allure of instant vindication was sweet. Revenge, spite, jealousy -- all strings that pulled on the hearts of men. These things were so easily tugged. The unguarded needed to be careful, lest their strings turn them to puppets who danced to a greater mind's song.

And oh, how he danced.

A fool's play followed. Right into Andrew's hand, Till took the bait. Checkmate.

Andrew did not fight back as he tumbled beneath Till's weight. The man was consumed with rage and made no effort to hide it. All subtlety was lost. However, Andrew's composure did not falter. He laid no finger on his assailant, not even as the gleaming edge of Till's knife came to rest at the Serf's throat. It was clear that Till wanted fear. Andrew would give him no such satisfaction.

The sounds of construction ceased Eyes were upon them. Good. Let them see.

The silence was pierced by Till's deranged laugh. "Do it then," Andrew challenged, voice hushed in a private whisper. He had him now. "Show them who you really are." Perhaps they'd all wonder if Till turned the same knife on the Crone before he burned his body.

OOC text here!
Del Cenere Gang
The Unkindled
Ryan

POSTED: Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:18 am

Till Van Ulrich-Lykoi
No more chains · I refuse to play the games · Never kneel again · To words others say

Challenge after challenge. This man was not broken, he did not bend knee to anyone. He only did what he did in self preservation. Helena was wrong, Elphaba was wrong. This male played them like they liked to play their own goddamn games. Till, he did not play these games, no. He refused to play these games, and the moment Till had hovered over Andrew, and the very second that Andrew whispered the goading words, Till cackled more. Drool fell from his maw as he sat on the other male and laughed in his face, one hand at his throat with the knife so close, and the moving from the other male's cheek to grasp his mouth. He put his pink padded fingers around the thin muzzle of the coyote man, and he drew in close, his maw's whiskers tickling at Andrew's ear hair. "I don't have to show them, they know who I am. That's why your ploy did not work. For I am still here." he spoke so quietly, as he let one eye stare into Andrew's with a craze swirling in the eyes of clear night skies.

"I will be in Salsola, forever and always. My soul cursed to roam this land for eternity." he spoke these words as if he knew his fate and had known for so long. Salsola was his home, it always would be, and he would be here until the day he died, whether it be by sword or by old age. "But guess what I'm also going to do until the day I die? I will fuck my wife, Helena Troy Lykoi, over and over and over, and over, and over, until she screams my name. Until she cannot walk straight for days, weeks even..." his whispers were violent as he continued to hold a firm grip on Andrew's mouth. He was tired of hearing the other speak, and his hand's grip grew tighter as he hovered over the other. Till's teeth clicked together as he found himself fantasizing about ripping the male's trachea from his throat. He did not linger on the thought, for he was here, in this moment. He needed to think of what he could do, what was within reason that would be humiliating, but leave no scar, no trace that anything ever happened.

The blade suddenly found itself back within it's sheath, and once his hand was free, he took the same hand and grabbed at a pile of dirt that was within reach. He drew back then, and looked down at Andrew with a devilish smile twisted across his maw. Then came a hand full of dirt as he suddenly released the male's maw, and the moment the other tried to open his mouth, whether it be for a gasp of air or words from his maw, Till's hand of dirt stuffed into his mouth. Till did not care of the male bit down, for he could use this as evidence of how vicious Andrew truly was, should the male bite him. Till would withdraw his hand and find the dirt pile again and attempt to stuff more dirt in the beast's mouth. "Eat it, worm." he ordered, aloud, as he looked down at Andrew. No one could fault him for this, for he was not hurting the male, not really. He did not punch Andrew and he did not make any sort of marking, or cut, so there would be no evidence to make this encounter even seem like reality.

Let them watch.

"Speech". Thinking.

Lolwhuttime | Word Count: 604
Ooc: :]

TILL VAN ULRICH

Salsola
The Jagermeister
J
WINTER IS COMING
HUNTER'S SEASON
FEAR NOT THE TASK AHEAD

Dead Topics