I'll be your safety

[ Amorette ]

POSTED: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:03 pm

((351)) Depressed Oce is depressed. Set for March 21st, around midnight. Near the Triple Lakes.

She watched the flames flicker. One would think she would be sick of staring at fires by now. But she never was, there was something different in each and every one. Something unique. The orange and golden licks of fire shimmered and twisted, entwining with one another and throwing off their offspring of small embers. Several landed on the Hineyu’s chocolate fur, dying as quickly as they were invented. Ocèane felt the cold body of Aedus slide down her arm and past her crossed legs to coil in the leaf litter at her feet. The Spirit Guide rose his serpentine neck and fanned it out to halt light of the flames, creating shadow on the woman where light once danced. After breathing in the smoke for several moments the cobra pulled his fan back to his slender figure, turning to look to her with dark eyes. “Why don’t you dance anymore?” His languid voice tipped with an English clipping questioned her darkly. The Aston just shook her head, not meeting his gaze while instead she stared into the heart of the fire. “There’s no reason.” She returned, softly.

Aedus watched her for a while, light reflecting off his scales to create a shimmering mirage. It was then that he sighed, head falling, and then he vanished, a brief curl of white smoke replacing where his body had once been. Oce then mirrored the sigh, and she turned to pull her claws into the tree to help herself to her feet. Now she stood. She could remember the movements and footwork she’d known for so long; she could step forward and rehearse it flawlessly right now. But she didn’t. There really was no need; dancing was a pointless exercise to her anymore. She used to do it for others. Now it was just herself, and she didn’t think she was worth her own performance. The woman sat again, closer to the flames now, the decreased proximity now heating her face and forearms that she rested her head upon. Most would move from the burning; but she didn’t. She just sat.

Image by Dru @ Flickr
Océane Aston

Ann
Luperci the rules of paradise are never nice
I want your fears, your hopes
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:45 am

Amorette was intending to practice her dancing, heading towards the Great Fire when she saw a figure beside it already. It still made her nervous to have an audience while dancing so she was going to turn back when she realized the woman by the fire was her mother. She was talking to an albino snake of some sort, Amorette couldn't tell a species from that distance. She didn't get a chance to figure it out though before the snake vanished into smoke. It must have been her mothers Spirit Guide. Amorette hadn't been around any guides until now and it intrigued her. She wondered when, or even if, she would get a Spirit Guide.

The chocolate fae moved closer to the fire, noticing the older woman seemed upset. Hey mom. She set her bag down by the fire before reaching a hand out towards her mother, intending to help her to her feet. What are you doing out here by yourself?

Oriax (NPC)
Shade
Mate to Kentaro Lykoi

POSTED: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:33 pm

((305))

Just as the heat was becoming uncomfortable, even to the fire-loving Hineyu, a set of curious footsteps caused Ocèane’s ears to twitch, bright eyes moving from the flames to search the dark forest surrounding her and the lonely fire. From the bright light it took time for her pupils to adjust and even then, Amorette’s dark figure was lost in the trees until she entered the flickering firelight. A murmured few words and a hand was extended to her, and the woman stared at it for a moment before accepting the help, only lightly setting weight on her daughter as she was helped to a steady stand. Averting her overheating fur from the flames, she turned to the blue-eyed girl, watching her quietly for a moment, admiring her young figure and the likeness her fur resembled to Ocèane’s own. It was still lost on her, how similar children could be to their parents and how such genes were passed down so accurately and fully.

She couldn’t help but smile at the ironic comment. It seemed for a moment their positions were reversed; Amorette was concerned for her well-being when in reality it should be a mother worried for her child. But in a way, she was right- she hadn’t acted as a motherly figure besides allowing her milk to survive, so why start now? “I should ask you the same, ma chérie. Was her reply, and her eyes were fleetingly set on the fire before returning them to the blue of the youth. “I was thinking, since you ask. What about you?” Ocèane’s hand gestured to the bag she’d lay against the sitting log, her curiosity causing her to question the mysterious objects that may lie inside. She wondered what her daughter would be doing wandering so close to the Great Fire.

Image by Dru @ Flickr
Océane Aston

Ann
the whole kaleidoscope

POSTED: Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:06 pm

Amorette was just naturally a caring person, though she wasn't intentionally trying to take on the mother role. She was simply trying to make conversation with the woman before her. The young girl had gone most of her life without interacting with the woman and wasn't entirely sure what to say or how to say it. Her mother first stated that she should ask what the girl was doing out alone so late as well before she went on to say she had been thinking.

Her mother gestured toward the bag she had brought, asking what she was doing out. No one had ever stopped Amorette from doing what she wanted, especially when it came to her fire dancing. Sure, it was dangerous, but that's what made it even more thrilling. Would her mother try to tell her not to fire dance? Even if she did, the young Aston girl wouldn't stop. It was the one thing she enjoyed most, and was something she was actually good at. She wasn't much of a fighter and even her hunting could use some work. Dancing was the one thing that was hers and that she was actually good at. I've got my staff and other things I use while dancing. I like to do it out here by the Great Fire. The flames from it complement the flames on my staff.

Oriax (NPC)
Shade
Mate to Kentaro Lykoi

POSTED: Sat May 24, 2014 9:02 pm

((302)) Sorry for the massive delay

JAmorette’s response was unexpected, and for a moment the dark woman was just silent, watching the youth with a little bit of awe and a little bit of respect, even pride. “I see that my love of fire continues through you, little love.” Ocèane mused. “I do fire dancing myself, but different from your style, I think. I’ve heard of dancing with a fire staff.” The woman smiled, tipping her head lightly, examining her daughter in a new light. She’d only stayed in Lac Sakami a fleeting few nights, to make sure Olivia and Amorette were able to settle in, and that they were safe, before she took off for home again. She’d known close to nothing about how things functioned there, but there had been a fire, if she could remember correctly. It wasn’t too far-fetched that the youth had a growing interest in flames; Ocèane had always been unable to resist their pull. Absently, she wondered if her daughter’s love for the embers came from Oce, or simply from her daughter’s own curiosity. The Aston was still uncertain about the possibility of personality traits being passed down, but she supposed it was just as possible as the similar chocolate coats they bore. Could she really have given Amorette her love of fire?

“Amorette, are you happy here?” The words had left her mouth unbidden, but she didn’t call them back. Blunt as she had been, it was a question she wanted to know the answer to. If she or Olivia were unhappy, she wouldn’t stop them from leaving, even if it did pain her. She had no right to force them to stay, even if she was their mother; she hadn’t acted like one, so she really had very little authority over her daughters aside from rank.

Image by Dru @ Flickr
Océane Aston

Ann
the whole kaleidoscope

Dead Topics