There is a blur between friend and foe

POSTED: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:58 am

(Anyone is free to join no more then 2 please.)

It had already been five days since she left casa. She missed her daughter and mate more then she thought she would. Halifax had been her home the last few days. She had spent time there bathing and talking with other loners. She could not smell of her home if she planned to be someone else. She pulled out a small jar that had liquid in it and poured some on her paws. She made quick work of rubbing it through her hair and along her arms and neck. The scent heavy of mold or moss. She couldn't quite tell she bought it off a loner. The smell though reminded her of the old buildings around the crumbling city.

Her first stop was to be Aniwaya, she hadn't been there and she was hoping to just get an update on the pack. She cleared her throat and continued on. She hadn't spent much time dealing with Aniwaya so it was about time she began.

She flipped open a small book and made a few notes to herself as she marked down the full amount of time it took her to walk between the packs. She made notes on her scent and where she had stayed and for how many sunrises.

Closing her book she slid it back into her bag as she made her way along the border. She didn't feel the need to call just yet she wanted to make a round of the border and make note of anything that may be helpful if problems ever should arise.
Grynn Garcia-Knight
Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn (NPC)
Marie
Luperci Scout, Blacksmith The Brotherhood: Master of Stealth

POSTED: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:48 pm

Hope you don't mind me! :> Cody is riding Belle and is accompanied by his spirit guide, Iga (fully visible).

The young cowboy often took to patrolling the borders, as much for the greater safety of the Tribe as for his knowledge of its boundaries and the sake of the horses. Mounted, he could see from a greater vantage point even though he sacrificed smell nearer the ground. AniWaya had its scouts, its eyes and ears and noses, but their numbers remained small, and every pairs of legs that walked the borders could only benefit the Tribe.

He rarely felt confident about this, as he was ill-equipped in truth to deal with strangers -- no warrior or diplomat -- but the company with him helped. Belle was steadfast and obedient, her pace steady as they traveled the length of the scent-markers, while Iga kept pace with the larger horse with an elegant trot. The pony spirit was no more talkative than usual, but Cody didn't mind this; sometimes she made him self-conscious, but other times her nonjudging, silent presence soothed him.

This was one of those times. He hesitated when he smelled something "off" about their surroundings, and looked to her. The palomino blinked back at him encouragingly, and Cody steered Belle in that direction before the trio came across the stranger: a lone dog hybrid smelling of must and moss.

Howdy, Cody greeted gruffly, lips downturned in his usual scowl. He was acutely aware of Iga tossing her head in amusement and added more awkwardly, betraying his age and lack of confidence, Can I help ya with somethin'?

Last edited by Cody Dallas on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tie my bones to the saddle and turn our faces to the west

Elan Soquili (NPC)
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:51 pm

[ WC: 774] (+7) Hi guys! *waves* :D

Scratch. Scratch. Scratch.

The noise continued, louder and louder. A sleepy Digalvnvhi, wrapped around the branch of a large Ironwood, opened one of his rounded eyes to pinpoint the noise and its maker.

Scrape. Scrape. Scrape.

He frowned; his tongue flicking in and out of his mouth like a visual heartbeat. Loosening his thin, muscular body from its grip around the tree, he dropped to the ground with a hard thud. He quickly located the source of the noise.

Galilani.

Sat upon a large rock, the Adahy daughter gripped thin slivers of wood in one hand, and one of her daggers in the other. Scraping the bark down, she seemed to be slowly carving arrow bases from them, though without the fletching and stone-heads, they seemed a little bare and pointless.

Giving her a rather unimpressed scowl, the Yellowbelly Racer crawled along the dirt toward her. Silent and unseen, he made his way to her feet, and the base of the rock. Hidden partially by her large, crimson tail, Digalvnvhi pushed his rope-like body upwards, winding through the clumps of fur, until his head popped out like a jack-in-the-box, startling the young scout and making her yelp.

“Do you mind?!” He hissed, looking her right in eye, clearly not wanting to debate on the situation.

“I,” Galilani begun, but drew her mouth closed for a moment. She stared in to his blackened pupils, trying to spot the tiny slivers of yellow that were his almost non-existent irises. Her brow wrinkled and she shook her head. Beads and feathers rattled amongst her mop of ember-painted hair.

“It wasn't that loud.” She clicked her tongue defensively, sliding her dagger back in to the sheath on her thigh. She gathered the pile of already made arrows and crammed them into the quiver beside her. Slipping it around her back, Galilani turned back to her spirit guide.

“And beside, you wouldn't be complaining if one of those arrows saved your a--”

Her words trailed off. A strange and unusual smell rose up in to her nostrils. Part of it was recognizable, though not completely. The other, she couldn't place it.

Being overly obsessed with her rank as a Scout, and striving for greatness in such a role, Galilani reached down to collect her guide off the ground, placing him gently around her shoulders, before rising to a stand. She collected her bow from its resting place against a tree.

Glancing around, she couldn't see anything particularly out of place. However, she was on one of the main routes into Aniwaya, so that in itself put her on edge, and overly aware of her surroundings. Feeling an uneasy grumble erupting from her throat, the usually peaceful Aniwayan tracked the scent as best, and as stealthily, as she could, coming to a clearing not too far from where she had been carving moments ago.

Two canines were already present. Cody, she recognized instantly. The other, she had never seen before. Her eyes lit up at the sight of the cowboy, but her face remained still and serious. She didn't want to appear unprofessional to this stranger. She could, after all, be a threat to the Tribe.

Lifting her bow uneasily, though only up to her waist, Galilani felt her fingers ache from her tightened grip. She watched the newcomer carefully for a moment, trying to get some kind of a read on her, but with such limited experience in social situations, Galilani got nothing besides the stench of moss.

“Hello.” She barked out slowly, trying to avoid her embarrassing stutter. Glancing sideways at Cody as she stepped out from the shrubbery and trees to join the gathering, Galilani gave a quick, acknowledging nod. The desire to wag her tail ate away at her, but she resisted. She turned back to the trespasser.

Her previous experience with another border crosser came in handy. She thought back as she parted her maw to speak.

“You're t-- trespassing.” She held her ground, but her voice began to quiver. She felt her head ache as the weight of Digalvnvhi on her shoulders became a lot more apparent. Her senses flitted around dizzily. She had no idea what she was really doing.

“Who a-- are you? Wh-- where are you from? What-- what do you want?”

She gave Cody a quick shooting glance. She wondered if he would have anything more to add, beside a simple, overly caring inquiry of help. Galilani couldn't help but feel mildly disappointed and unsure about the whole situation. She wondered if she should have just stayed away.

Template by Hilli
Keep on Aiming.

POSTED: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:16 pm

She was slow on her progress around the border making note of where she was. Every so often she stopped made a notation and then kept going. She wasn't in a rush and could be away from the pack for a few days now that her daughter was old enough. Aniwaya was a good place to start her return to work as she knew they were normally peaceful. She looked to the sky noting to herself the position of the sun. She would need to make camp her the night so that she wasn't draining herself.

She continued on her way though and as she was getting ready to stop to make another notation someones voice rang. She smiled as she looked to the boy and the horses. "I was looking about. I got lost from my family a few months back looking for a home." She commented as she looked to the boy. She was about to ask him a question when a females voice was heard. Though the male before her had been gruff in tone he was overall rather friendly.

The other though wasn't as friendly. Though this didn't bother the Kinght as much as the accusation did. "Thats rather rude" she huffed as she looked to the woman. Her friendly smile faded as she gripped ahold of her bag strap, she used it to ground herself more then anything. Something to focus on without lashing out. "I haven't passed your scent marker yet. If I had I'd be trespassin. Maybe ya need ta learn where yer borders are." She snapped back as she looked at the other. Spending so much time with her aunts and uncles had left impressions on the prim girl. When angered she lost proper speech picking up on her aunts accent more then anything.

She glanced back to the other then to the woman. "I don't give my name to rude wolves." She commented crossing her arms. She then waited to see what either planned to do now. She hadn't started this but the stubbornness in the Knight woman would one day be her down fall.
Grynn Garcia-Knight
Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn (NPC)
Marie

POSTED: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:03 am

Sorry for the wait!

The collie-like woman smiled at him and explained that she was lost -- at which point Cody drew himself up and began to speak, before Galilani stumbled onto the scene, armed with her bow and stammering an accusation at the stranger.

Turning in the saddle, the cowboy was ready to correct and soothe his timid friend, when the loner huffed and snapped back at her. Quickly, Cody scowled and darted his eyes to the woman again, though he didn't raise his voice. Y'ain't really in the position to get nasty to pack wolves when yer wanderin' along their border, he informed her. We got the right t' suspect a loner who ain't howled at our border, trespassin' or not. You're bein' awful defensive. He was tall in the saddle, using Belle's height to augment his own, and urged her forward a few steps to place himself between the stranger and Lani -- as a signal to both of them to calm down.

You said you was lost. Cody scowled. This is AniWaya. If you wanna keep lookin' 'round you oughta ask us yer questions then get goin'.

Last edited by Cody Dallas on Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elan Soquili (NPC)
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:17 am

[ WC: 552] (+5)

The tension in the air was thick. It wobbled in like a drunken house-guest, smashing its way through the nicest furniture and most prized possessions, rubbing itself up close to all those involved. Galilani found herself at the mercy of the woman's scorn; berated, and accused of rudeness and wrongfulness. The scout, shocked by the initial blow of words, could find no reaction suitable. Her lips parted, slowly, but only a soft stumble of sounds came out. She could form no words; unsure of whether she had actually been in the wrong, and unsure of how to correct a possibly volatile situation. She felt extremely embarrassed and ashamed.

It was in that moment that Cody seemed to come to her rescue. As she stood there, arm and bow limp at her side, eyes shuffling between the two canines and the floor, Galilani's ears perked as the southern drawl cut through and seemingly saved the day. She glanced across to him softly, thankfully, but her posture lingered in the same submissive slump, and her gaze remained sheepish. Within the words of her pack-mate, it was determined she had made a mistake, and that ate away at Galilani worse than any of the harsh words spoken before. She wanted to disappear.

“I...” Galilani started, though too quiet to be audible to any other. Her mouth simply opened and shut like a fish out of water, trying to clutch at salvation and find some confidence as her soul softly shattered. She sighed deeply, dropping her head low and gaze lower. She stepped past Cody and his horse, and toward the woman.

Standing a mere few feet from her, Galilani glanced up. Her eyes flashed apologetically, and her shoulders rose to mimic false confidence. She didn't wish to disrupt relations between anybody, least of all herself and Cody. She decided her best bet was to suck it up, admit her faults, and move on. She hoped the woman could see it the same way, and she hoped Cody would forget it had ever happened.

“I ap-- apologise.” She felt her skin crawl when the words came out. It wasn't often Galilani made a mistake when work was involved. The woman was a workaholic; tirelessly aiming toward a Scout promotion, and this hiccup had severely dented her confidence. She questioned if she was even ready for such responsibility; and she questioned why Cody even liked her or defended her in such a way. She felt like a fool; and deep down, she felt a large rumble of shame echo throughout her body, and mirror within her gaze.

“I-- I didn't mean to-- to be rude to-- to you. Do-- don't blam-- blame Cody he-- here...”

She lifted her gaze again to meet the strangers. She could feel the warmth of Cody and Belle nearby. She inhaled his scent, using it to boost her own courage and provide the stability she needed in that moment.

“I ma-- made th-- the mistake.” It was hard to admit, as she swallowed her pride. “My n-- name is Galilani A-- Adahy… and I ho-- hope we ca-- can start ov-- over... pl-- please? Ma-- maybe we-- we c-- can help yo-- you f-- find yo-- your way, if-- if you'd li-- like…”

Template by Hilli
Keep on Aiming.

POSTED: Fri Sep 18, 2015 8:32 pm

Grynn knew she was trudging onto dangerous territory. Challenging a pack wolf was foolish but she also felt as though they would not attack her unless she made the move. She didn' move she mearly waited as she watched what the pair before herwould choose to do. They would either chase her off and she wouldn't fight she'd leave or theywould come to terms.

She almost smirked when the other apporached her. Grynn held out her hand in an offer of peace. "Its fine my name is Louann." She spoke her tone even and kind.I didn't mean to cause a disturbance I was really just lost." She stated as she looked to the other. All was easily forgiven and forgotten right?

She looked to the woman. "My family said they were planning to find a pack named Vinatta." She stated as she sighed. "I got sepreatedfrom them down by the big city and I lost their scent trail." She rubbed her head. "I know its north but I don't know where or how to get there if I can or if I should stop looking for them" Her voice held a tone pf sorrow as she could feel frustration. This was why she enjoyed spying weaving her webs and making others give her info they had.
Grynn Garcia-Knight
Casa di Cavalieri
Sworn (NPC)
Marie

POSTED: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:28 am

Cody is a grump-grump.

To Cody, it was a simple matter of respect and one's place in the world. If one's place was skulking around the borders of a pack, then that one ought not to get mouthy. Though he was willing to help the stranger moments before, her snapped declaration and crossed arms was a sign that, though she was older, she was immaturely refusing to budge.

Cody understood pride, but he also understood it was a sin.

But Galilani stepped forward, and Cody growled a warning low in his throat. It was almost too quiet to hear, though Belle swayed beneath him a moment, indecisive. Hard brown eyes watched as the red she-wolf stepped forward to apologize. He disapproved, but Lani's kind and honest nature was what appealed to him, so he couldn't say much. He only watched with an openly suspicious scowl as the loner shook her hand.

You didn't do a great job, the cowboy muttered when she mentioned her lack of desire to cause a disturbance. She had been so quick to switch to the defensive that he doubted her intentions.

Louann told her story, though, but Cody spoke quickly before Galilani could offer her help. Walk north till you get to the mountain, then follow it west. Avoid the coyotes; they ain't as nice as we are. And they would have had your head if you disrespected them, he thought. There's a smaller city on the bay. Vinátta's on the other side of that.

His curt instructions said, he nudged a leg lightly against Belle's side, and she shifted her feet. He looked down at the red collie-wolf. That all? he pressed, in a tone that suggested he'd prefer that be all. He wasn't very happy about the situation.

Elan Soquili (NPC)
Raze
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:29 pm

[ WC: 533] (+5)

As the woman explained her story, Galilani's heart sank. A sadness crawled into her eyes, and she felt herself almost gasp at the idea that this stranger had been separated from her family. Galilani could relate, in a way. Her family were far away, and though she was settling well in Aniwaya, there was still an emptiness left from when she left the Great Tribe. There was a family shaped hole, and it grew with each passing day.

Galilani had heard Cody’s remarks, though aside from a sharp look in his direction, her mouth remained sealed. She listened to his cut throat response, and the way his voice seemed to spit poison at the visitor, and Galilani couldn’t hold it in any further. Without any real thought and relying purely on instinct and training, her tongue began to move, and the words just fell out toward the paler canine, in a stumbling, stuttering shambles.

“Cody!” Her voice was a hiss, unnaturally quiet and defensive. Her hackles shivered along her spine, and for a minute, Galilani turned her head away from their guest, and locked eyes with her friend.

“Y-- you ha-- have f-- forgotten your-- yourself.” There was a fire in Galilani’s eyes, but there was also fear. She did not raise her voice at him lightly, and even to her, it felt abnormal. It felt wrong. But the upbringing of the Tribe was fully ingrained into her head, so even if she had tried to ignore the scenario, it couldn’t have happened. Galilani had to speak. She had to remind him. It was just her way. It was the way of the Tribe.

Glancing back toward their guest, Galilani dipped her head apologetically for a second time. She apologised on behalf of Cody, and spoke to clarify her intentions.

“For-- forgive hi-- him, he forgets w-- what it-- it means t-- to be an-- an Aniwayan. We-- we have a c-- code… of-- of ethics, I gu-- guess y-- you cou-- could say… We are-- are taught t-- to treat everyone wi-- with re-- respect, and nobody sh-- should be p-- put do-- down by an-- anyone, especially a mem-- member of th-- the Tribe. We do-- do not sp-- speak neg-- negatively, an-- and we always of-- offer help to-- to those in ne-- need. We rec-- receive ever-- everyone wit-- with a lov-- loving he-- heart…”

She glanced at Cody. Her eyes had softened. Her nerves were falling back into place, and that momentary burst of courage fading. She felt her hackles slip down, and she felt her mouth go dry. Sighing, she turned back to the woman, and spoke a final time. She hoped Cody wasn’t the type to hold a grudge. The worry was overwhelming, and the guilt even more-so.

“…So I-- I apologise ag-- again, for-- for both of us…” She smiled weakly. “…Wh-- what can we d-- do to he-- help? Wo-- would you li-- like some fo-- food, a place to-- to stay for th-- the night… so we-- we can ta-- talk you th-- through the rig-- right path? Anything yo-- you need, it’s—it’s yours…”

Template by Hilli
Keep on Aiming.

Dead Topics