We're painting the... wall... colors...

Kalypso

POSTED: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:01 pm

like amateurs in love's charade

Life was so much better now that her puppies were weaned! Taking care of newborns was such an inconvenience. Of course, Moon enjoyed her daughters and all, and she loved them like all mothers should – out of obligation and necessity - and of course she would protect them fiercely… but… there had also been plenty of times during the first two months of their lives when she wondered why she hadn’t eaten all of them, instead of just Snowy. RIP.

Well, the answer to that was quite easy, really – the others weren’t sick and weak. No, Riddle and Harley had been strong, proud wolf cubs from day one. There was also the little fact that ever since the Incident Mads and Keylo rarely gave her any time alone with the babes until they were bigger.

Anyway, thoughts like that… about not wanting to be a mom and everything… they were just a passing fancy caused by stress, that’s all. Moon would never eat her own children…

…tell it to Snowy…

…Moon was feeling quite mad today…

Her cracked mind whirled and twirled while blank, aqua eyes stared out of the small porthole which served as a window to the world from her family’s mound house. They were the first family to ever live here, and it was a place worth bragging about, but still Moon loathed any length of time she spent cooped up indoors. The girls happened to be out with Mads and their older brothers, and Moon was finding her idle time to be… well, less than healthy… so she scooped up her favorite satchel and skipped out the door.

Where else would Moon wander but the neighborhood? There were so many sights and scents to behold in the little hobbit houses of the Court. In fact, there was one home which she particularly longed to see – she peered at that mound from her window quite often, and she knew that Somebody Important lived there. That was another thing brag-worthy about her home; the neighbors. Whenever she talked about it, she could say all the good things about the house itself, and then she could say, ‘And Somebody Important lives next door!’ and the people would be so impressed.

Knocking on Somebody Important’s door would do no good, because sometimes people didn’t want to see Moon Moon, and that didn’t agree with her current mood, so when she got to Kalypso’s house she simply let herself in. She didn’t know if the leader was even home, but if she wasn’t that’s okay, Moon would forgive her for the offense and happily await her arrival – and that’s just what she did.

Padding past the threshold, the white wolf didn’t even announce herself, nor did she check to see if Kalypso was home. Instead, she explored the first room which the front door emptied into, and noted that her house was Better. Better because it was bigger. Why would Somebody so Important have such a small house? It didn’t make sense to Moon.

And why would she have such a dreary house? she muttered to herself, shooting a stern look at one particularly bare wall. This will not do for my leader, she thought to herself, and quickly decided that if she pained the wall for Kalypso, it would impress her and make her want to be Moon’s friend right away! So she got to work. Paint jars were quickly plucked from her satchel, lids strewn carelessly about the floor, and in seconds her brushes were dipped in the pigments and colors streaked the wall… Moon was beginning a mural of several little Luperci-dwarves who were mining a cache of bright, garish crystals.

ooc Obviously feel free to stop her at whatever point! She can either get pretty far into it, or be stopped right away. She can be made to clean it up or finish it! :D | [wc — 600+] template by hilli, art by Pacific Autumn
Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
☠ Nukiira ☠
Luperci 2011, 2012, 2018 SoSuWriMo Champ! Thalia and Melpomene Kiss Me
off the deep end

POSTED: Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Kalypso began her children’s lessons young. She encouraged their play-fighting and ended any heated arguments before they could explode. She knew the importance of unity in a family and she refused to let divisions grow early. Whether or not they were properly kind outside of her supervision was another story, so she merely hoped for the best. She herself had been close to her littermate and managed to sneak into the family her birth shattered with its revelation. Were they not all victims of an adulterous parent?

That day’s lesson had been more about teaching sneaking with a game of hide-and-seek. Childish, though it may have been, it was still a good way to teach them how to sneak, hide, and attempt to deceive. But as all children, they reveled in the fun of it and eventually turned into a game of hide-and-seek-and-tag. Still, close enough. They were still quite young, so it was the best the Queen was going to get.

The children babbled and yipped behind her as she approached her home with the intent of grabbing some toy or something to take to the next victim of her babysitting requests. Instead, the door wasn’t even closed. That was decidedly not the way she had left it. A frown slapped itself on her face as she stopped a couple of feet from the door. One of the pups bumped into the back of her foot and all three stopped in utter silence to look up at their mother.

Stay put, she said quietly, her voice dark and stern, as a ripple the trio flattened their years and seemed to shrink at the tone of her voice.

Kalypso pushed open the door some more, and realized there was no real reason to be ready to strike. But she did feel her blood pressure rise somewhat at the sight of a pale, white wolf spotted in color slapping on paint to her wall.

Her cheeks filled with puffed up air as she stood in the center of her home to a newcomer standing there, completely uninvited without any sort of heads up or warning.

What the actual fuck is going on in here? she said loudly, her eyes sparkling almost dangerously. Her hands were planted very firmly on her hips, projecting that dangerous monarch aura for all that she was worth.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:12 am

like amateurs in love's charade

There was a sound at the threshold, though Moon Moon didn't pay it much attention at first. After all, the only thing it could possibly be was the grateful homeowner, returning home to discover that their artistic and talented pack mate had come to bestow upon them a gift; the gift of an expertly painted mural. Nope, no charge. No tips, please, I insist. It’s okay, I'm happy ta' help a friend. And they would be so happy. And they would be friends forever.

Moon didn't turn to look, though she did regard the first sound with a flick of her ear. Instead of addressing the family, she painted quicker, trying to throw as many flourishes as she could on the wall in the point-three-seconds it would take for them to walk in here and see what was going on...

And then she heard Kalypso's booming voice, and a back-draft whooshed air into the room and brought with it the Alpha's scent. All at once, Moon turned a pair of azure eyes to her queen – lids pinned open so forcefully that the whites showed all around them. And she shrank. Moon's ears pinned to her mane and she took a step back, holding her hands up defensively and knowing with that deep, soul rending kind of knowing that if Alpha was mad, there was nothing she could do about it. If Alpha wanted to attack, she could not defend herself – instead, she would have to take the punishment, for Alpha was supreme, and if she fought back it would be treason.

Moon Moon was unaware of her train of thought, for it was a bullet train which she could not keep up with. But her body was aware of both the anxiety and of the innate desire to appease and calm Alpha. The woman lowered her head first, then bent her knees so her already small body was even shorter, until she was kneeling. I-I-I was just tryin' ta, oh god, she felt funny. Her hands trembled and each time she opened her mouth to talk it felt like her stomach was going to come out. Still, her leader commanded an answer. Tryin' ta... HUURRKKK!! ...pretty for you... HURRGHAAAKK! Moon just leaned over mid-sentence and vomited up her breakfast onto Kalypso's floor, letting the sweet sounds of her heaving fill in the missing parts of her explanation.

A string of saliva linked Moon to the floor when she raised her head, but a quick lap of her tongue rid her of it. She stared at Kalypso, wide-eyed and open-mouthed, in utter shock and humiliation. But she wasn't done there.

What could she say to make this better? There was nothing to say. No words would fix this. She just threw up in front of her great and powerful leader and now it was smelling up her living room – and not only that, but it was a waste of a good breakfast! After a stretch of awkward silence in which Moon just blinked at Kalypso wide-eyed, she bent over again and quickly wolfed it back down for a second time, leaving nothing but a wet spot behind as evidence.

It's okay, it's okay! I cleaned it up! I cleaned up my mess! she cried, wiping her muzzle with the back of her hand and then holding them in the air in a placating gesture. She still knelt on the floor. Apparently the whole vomit incident was enough to make her forget the reason Kalypso was mad at her in the first place, and she was quite proud of herself for literally eating herself out of a bad situation.

Her tongue snaked out and licked her muzzle from end to end again, and when it slipped back in she peered up at Kalypso from beneath her lids, giving her her best puppy-dog eyes and begging for forgiveness with every fiber of her being.

ooc Sorry not sorry! I've been dying for the right time to do this. | [wc — 600+] template by hilli, art by Pacific Autumn
Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
☠ Nukiira ☠
Luperci 2011, 2012, 2018 SoSuWriMo Champ! Thalia and Melpomene Kiss Me
off the deep end

POSTED: Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:34 pm

I'M SORRY FOR HOW LONG THIS TOOK ME but omg how does a person react to this normally??

Well. That was not an answer that the Queen was expecting in any way, shape, or form. She blinked and watched with the most stupidly blank expression on her face as Moon Moon went to her needs and started to visibly gag and then proceed to vomit onto the Queen's floor. Kalypso felt almost disembodied the moment the sound of vomit hitting her floor struck her full in the brain.

Moon Moon. Was throwing up. On her floor. She felt her soul vacating her body temporarily as her mind struggled to piece together what would be the correct response to the situation. Consolation? Condolences? Rage? Confusion? Confusion was definitely the major emotion in her chest, and the Reine was nearly ready to figure out what she needed, or even could, say when Moon Moon began to clean up the mess she had made, sending Kalypso's brain back into overdrive in the territory of "what the hell is happening".

Kalypso just stood there, staring, blinking. She just stared as the woman cleaned herself up and (sort of) apologized. She put her hand on her face, rubbing at the bridge of her nose as though the entire ordeal exhausted her beyond belief. And honestly, the entire ordeal exhausted her beyond belief. Who would have thought she'd return home to find a lower ranked member painting her walls and then throwing up at the sight of the leader returning to said home?

Her day definitely was doing a couple of loop-the-loops. And then she heard the paws of her children rushing in.

Ma, ma, we heard funny noises! they exclaimed with their various lisps and abbreviations. They looked up expectantly at her before they noticed the paint and murals, rushing toward Moon Moon despite the warning growls of their mother. It was too interesting to listen.

Hey! she exclaimed as they put paws on the groveling woman and bounced about her. What that, what that? they chattered, pointing at the paint all over.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

Dead Topics