topographic tryst

Joining

POSTED: Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Although, logically, Colette Delyle knew that the Court was her true goal when she left the Outpost, somehow seeing it after all the time travelling solo was a bit overwhelming. The wolfdog wasn’t often lost for words, but ever since crossing the breathtaking land bridge that a friendly white wolf had assured her was a shortcut to her packlands, a strange tightness had been building around her heart; anticipation, excitement, dread - she didn’t know.

Despite the woman’s mix of emotions, her steps had quickened as she travelled through climes until the border was upon her. She knew she was at the right place as soon as the breeze brought the scent of the border to her. So similar to the Outpost’s own mix of smells that for a moment she wondered if she’d made the correct decision in leaving. The Outpost and those who occupied it were the first place and people she’d felt safe with in a long, long time. It had taken a long while to settle in, and even longer to let herself relax. The wolfdog lost that feeling of security the second she’d lost sight of the Outpost.

The female paused for a moment a few hundred yards from where she estimated the border to be. Head turned downward, her kinked fur flopped into her eyes as they gazed at her wrists, more specifically the two scarred and odd-looking bands adorning them. Even though some fur had grown over the wounds her “owners” had inflicted with their manacles, it was still obvious to anyone who looked that something was inherently wrong about the area. She’d never be able to hide it without clothing of some kind, she had surmised.

The sight of the two permanent reminders of her past, who she fought to escape, steeled her will. Here was a chance to make something of herself after she’d been left with nothing. Colette shifted into her Optime form, stood as tall as she could and strode towards the border with its familiar scents, stopping a distance away. Right hand wrapped around the other wrist, Colette tilted her head back and let out a howl to announce her presence to the pack.
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Rina
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:36 am

OOC: Yay Colette! Hi :D

IC:
Abigail moved with long strides from tree to tree, slicing at the bark of the trunks with a blade borrowed from the hunters’ stores. Every now and then a bubble of sap would bloom from the spot she’d just marked and Abigail would regard it with a half smile, knowing that the appearance of the tree’s life blood would indicate that these claimed lands had been recently patrolled.

Marking the borders was one of those tasks Abigail could undertake while her mind wandered a little. The Archiduchessa daydreamed far less than she once had but still she found on occasion that she could get caught up in fantasy. There were few things left Abi wanted for herself; no, these days her fantasies revolved around the hopes she had for her children. Cicely and Ajax seemed, on the whole, as well adjusted as children who’d been through the traumas they had could be. Abi was certain that having their Father here helped in making them feel grounded and secure and she thanked her stars for Kira’s solid presence.

But her duties had carried her away from her family once again – this time out to the farthest reaches of Cour des Miracles’ territory. There was something wistful in the woman’s eyes despite her knowing that she would soon be returned to her loved ones.

A howl sounded and the wolf’s ears pricked, her head turning away from the most recently scarred tree. She closed her fist around the borrowed dagger, careful not to slice her pads open, and took off at a brisk walk.

Standing on the border was a woman who had brought with her a wonderfully familiar scent. It was home removed from home; it was family. Abigail strolled toward her with a broad smile.

“You’ve come from our Outpost?” There was excitement and warmth in the Archiduchessa’s tone and her tail wagged exuberantly but there was something guarded in her sea green eyes. “Tell me you’re not here with bad news?”

[300+]
AbigailSadira

Let me light up the sky, light it up for you
Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
(Online)
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Sun Oct 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Colette barely had time to recollect herself after making such a noise before the sound of rustling and a flash of movement caught her eye. From in between the wind-whipped trees a canine, knife grasped in her hand, emerged. Although immediately the wolfdog's attention was caught on the blade, it went next to the excited and kind expression on the female's face. The woman held herself with confidence and a big smile,that despite her usual wariness with strangers, Colette couldn't stop herself from mirroring. Well, she thought no one here is completely a stranger, are they?

It seems her own scent was as apparently familiar to the green-eyes female as hers was to Colette, and thankfully is seemed it would save some explaining on her part. "I am indeed from the Outpost!" she replied, removing her hands from where they had been clasped awkwardly around her bare wrists to instead. "I have no news of trouble, don't you worry. I left only a week ago to come to the Court, so my information is up-to-date." she said with a jaunty grin and a dip of her head. "I'm Colette Delyle, ma'am."
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Rina
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:08 pm

OOC: Sorry for the wait! Will get you titled asap (probably after another round) <3

IC:
Autumn sunlight glinted across the blade and Abigail blinked when it bounced bright white into her eyes. Hurriedly, as if she’d forgotten until now, she turned the point of the dagger away from the newcomer; the Archiduchessa could think of nothing worse than a misunderstanding arising from levelling a blade at someone fresh to the Court – and it was typical of her nature, always anxious to impress, that she thought of that possibility at all.

Her smile endured, though, her willingness to be a friendly face somehow overriding her anxiety.

The not-complete-stranger confirmed Abi’s thoughts and immediately question after question sprung into the pale she-wolf’s mind. There were many inhabitants of the Outpost Abigail cared for; she also cared about how their little home away from home was faring, whether they had made any steps in trading within their locale.

She figured she should extend some hospitality before letting out her barrage of questions – but one couldn’t wait.

“Pascal – my brother? He’s well?” There was an affection in the Archiduchessa’s tone which few visitors to the borders had been treated to since Mistral’s invasion. The circumstances and mood in which her half-brother had returned to the Outpost had been less than how Abi would’ve wanted them to part ways.

She shook her head.

“Colette,” the Archiduchessa spoke through a grin, her head tipping forward as she stowed the dagger she’d been marking the trees with. “I’m Abigail Sadira. Welcome to the Court proper!”

Her tail wagged again.

“I was just refreshing the border markings. Come – you can tell me what spurred you to make the move from the Outpost to our home in Nova Scotia.”

She beckoned, eyes agleam with the pleasure of making a new acquaintance.
AbigailSadira

Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
(Online)
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:29 pm

ooc: sorry for the wait, Rat!

Her new acquaintance seemed to remember she was holding a blade and quickly lowered it. Although Colette had deemed it unlikely that the weapon would be turned on her, memories of volatile tempers and quick knives used to punish made it so that the wolfdog would never be completely comfortable around them.

Colette could practically see the female's brain whizzing after she confirmed her origin. Immediately, she asked about Pascal, one of the leaders at the Outpost. The earth-toned male was never seen without a book or some sort of crafting material in his hands, and although Colette hadn't been particularly close with the man she knew him to be a good egg. He'd visited the Court for a short while earlier in the year, she knew.

The female confirmed the wolfdog's inkling of their relation. It was indeed Abigail Sadira meeting her here on the border.

"It's lovely to meet you, Archiduchessa Abigail, and thank you for the welcome." Colette aahed at Abigail's explanation of what she had been doing before Colette interrupted, which explained the now stowed knife she'd been carrying. Nodding with a smile, the wolfdog walked with the Archiduchessa as she resumed her patrol.

"Your brother is fine, as I'm aware. Made it back from his trip here safely. I'm afraid we weren't particularly close, so I don't know much more." Colette's curly-furred ears bent back in apology that she didn't have more news. "It was his trip which prompted my curiosity about the true Court here. I will be forever thankful to your brothers and everyone at the Outpost for taking me in, but I wanted to come and see for myself what the pack here was like, and if I could offer it my services."
Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Rina
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:40 am

Welcome to Cour des Miracles!
MAINTENANCE WIKI RANKS TWITTER CONTACT

Welcome to the Court of Miracles, where the misfits come to play and the nobles rise above the rabble, united beneath the banner of their royal leadership.

As a new member, there are a few things you should check out before getting started! Make sure to check out our website for detailed information on the ranks, professions, and pack game. While you're at it, go ahead and claim a residence.

Need help getting started in on the plotting? Consider joining our pack chat to talk to current members for ideas! If you have questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us for help.

Cour des Miracles
OOC Account
Gen & Rat

POSTED: Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:26 am

OOC: i am a slowness! but you should be all titled now <3

IC:
The news that Pas had made it back to the Outpost without incident soothed Abigail’s racing mind somewhat and her smile from that point on was more easily kept in place. Relief was a powerful thing – and in this instance it was capable of lifting Abigail into a good mood.

“Well, it’s lovely to meet you too, Miss Delyle!” One pale hand waved; Abigail was not disappointed that Colette had no more in-depth news of Pascal to share with her. “No news is good news – particularly after the year we’ve had. But I’m sure you’re aware.”

Tail whisking, she settled into a comfortable pace as Colette moved along beside her. Abigail was used to adjusting her strides so that whoever she was with could keep up – only Silvano had been of a similar height. She moved with care and grace, placing her paws confidently. Abigail had walked these borders a thousand times and while she didn’t expect Colette to move as freely her own eyes were on the wolfdog woman, brimming with curiousity.

Colette’s reasoning for making the trip to the Court itself was sound; it earned her a deep nod from the Archiduchessa.

“It’s good to feel able to give something back, though I can imagine curiousity played a hand in your decision as well.” Her smile widened. “I’d love to hear what those services might entail? We’re quite a varied bunch as you may have gathered from those staying at the Outpost. Our last recruit to make the move was Harrison – and he’s helped us make great strides in our new housing project.” Abi slowed as they came to a tree, her eyes narrowing as she assessed how long its marking had been there. “A very practical man – though we, of course, will appreciate more than just the physical and the practical. We did start life as a band of misfits, after all.”

[300+]
AbigailSadira

Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
(Online)
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

Dead Topics