Wool over my eyes

Skoll | BD: Oct 9th

POSTED: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:47 pm

Optime | CdM Borders | Backdated: October 9th | NPC: Cedar (+307)

Related to this thread.

Kamari’s scent is disguised.

In the time it had taken the Salsolan pair to reach the Court’s borders, Kamari had tried her best to think of how she should go about the situation. She had met one of their number before, a woman who called herself Kalypso, and, that limited the Shadow’s options some. Having her face known meant that infiltrating the Court was not a suitable option, not with how little information O’Riley had been willing to part with about this target of theirs. It was too risky for something that could have been hardly more than a rumor.

No, this mission was to see what they could glean—if there was to be anything at all—and Kamari felt that a mere inquiry might do. With the right story, right guise, and right individual, she and O’Riley might be able to actually get something out of the meeting.

Kamari dismounted from her horse once she’d been able to smell the border markers. She led him forward without holding his lead, knowing the mustang would follow dutifully at her shoulder. The Shadow wore her tattered, green cloak about her shoulders to shield her a bit from the cold. As she had at the bar, she had her usual weaponry on her. Her knife remained hidden, but, she made no attempt with her bow or hip quiver. After all, if the Kalypso person responded to her call, Kamari would not be able to pretend to be someone new.

Pulling her hood back, the Emissary let out a yapping, coyote-like call. Jackals were far and few within the reason, and her identity was easily mistaken for those that knew not what one was. She waited then, holding Cedar’s reins and patting his cheek as if he were to be some form of comfort to her.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Emissary
Songbird
Luperci Sapienza, Vedetta Mate to Krios Royalty of a Fallen Kingdom
IF I WEAR A MASK

POSTED: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:51 am

200+

Leaves drifted down onto Skoll's head, where he flicked them away with an ear. They carpeted the forest around him: the brilliant gold of maples, the pumpkin hue of oaks, the half-turned green that reminded him of eyes. He huffed, lowering his head to nose through the debris, hoping to sniff out a rodent or other morsel to sate him on his patrol. When all he found was a scuttling black beetle, he licked that up. Just because he could afford to be picky didn't mean that he had to be; he was a dog, after all.

The high howl from the borders was as unpleasant as a shriek to his ears, and Skoll was immediately on the defensive. The Secui-formed male rolled his broad shoulders forward and trotted through the trees, whipping away cobwebs with his muzzle and tail. He followed the trail of dominant scent markers -- many his own, and he added one or two more on his way, hobbling on three legs when he couldn't be bothered to stop properly.

Hey nabot, Skoll woofed when he found the stranger -- a small Luperci, and not a coyote like he initially thought. Few in this region could tell the difference, but Skoll frequently searched for signals that others might miss, so deeply-rooted was his prejudice. He lifted his head, the volute of his tail curled over his back dominantly. What do you want?

Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
'Souls Assemblage Luperci Brawler & Venatores heliophagy SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2018 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:22 pm

NPC: Cedar (+612)

It didn’t take long for someone to arrive, likely having been close to the borders at the time of her call. It was a large canine, perhaps even rivaling—if not exceeding—O’Riley in size. A blast of wind carried their scent to her, confirming the muscled beast to be male and of the Court. His fur was a bright, golden hue, his mane curling tendrils that cascaded down from his broad neck and bounced with each powerful stride he took in her direction. On his shoulder, a large tattoo of green marked him like some sort of house sigil. All in all, it would have been an intimidating sight to behold had Kamari not seen and dealt with her fair share of giants within the Kingdom.

Still, she did well to appear meek and submissive, nervous even as he drew closer. Her ears pulled back and she shrunk closer to her horse, causing Cedar to toss his head and rumble at his rider’s apparent anxiousness with the approaching individual. Intelligent eyes watched the large Secui warily.

When he finally came within speaking distance, he let out a greeting, using a word that Kamari did not understand. It sounded similar to something Khael might say, though, how this male knew such a tongue or what it meant alluded Kamari. Whatever the reason, it had become clear that he might have noticed that she wasn’t the coyote that her yapping howl had made her out to be. For, why else would he have used such a word? Perhaps she was overthinking the situation though… Either way, Kamari did well to keep it in mind.

“H-hello, Sir,” she greeted, forcing a scared sort of smile as if to show him that she wasn’t a threat. “I’m sorry if I bothered you, but, I-I was looking for a relative of mine. She’s the daughter of my aunt’s son, and my mother and my aunt were close, but, they’re…not in good shape anymore because of the accident,” she rambled purposely, gripping at the collar of her cloak to complete the look of someone thoroughly intimidated and nervous to be in this male’s presence. The excess of information was meant to confuse, to disarm, to fluster, to distract.

“M-my aunt said that she had made her way out here somewhere. I’ve checked with a few packs n-north of here, but, they said they haven’t seen her. I heard that there were packs further south t-though and I thought maybe she might have come here. This is the first one I’ve checked though, so, she m-might not be here either.” She finally took a breath. “Have you seen her?” Her cornflower blue eyes looked at him timidly, but, with hope.

The name of who she sought was purposely left out, meant to ensure that she played true to someone flustered by his intimidating aura.

This Courtier looked like he had seen a fight or two, as noted by the scar that ran across his large snout and the fact that he was entirely missing one eye. Whether he was a good fighter or merely an unlucky one, Kamari didn’t want to test out. If push came to shove, him missing an eye might give her a chance to escape, and might give O’Riley the advantage should there be a need for the Erilaz to back her up. If they could avoid a fight altogether though, such would be preferred. Kamari was not keen on getting roughed up for a coyote she knew nothing about, after all.

Kamari Kaiser

Salsola
The Emissary
Songbird
Luperci Sapienza, Vedetta Mate to Krios Royalty of a Fallen Kingdom
IF I WEAR A MASK

Cour des Miracles