and she's been living on the highest shelf

AW | Chien Hotel Ballroom

POSTED: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:34 am

A bad cold is going around the pack! Tend to the sick Luperci by fetching them blankets, preparing medicine, or feeding them hot soup. BE SICK.

(000) Ramona's being sick in the ballroom. This can go anywhere :3

Never in her life had she felt so sick. Stuffy, clogged, tingly. All of it. It was not pleasant – not in the least. It made Ramona terribly lazy and unwilling. Her mother had been ordering her around to get chores done, to contribute to the Court’s preparation for winter, but how was she to do that when she felt like this? Ramona left her mother before she was offered any weird remedies and flopped down on the couch in the common room of the Hotel. There she sprawled out over the length of the thing, her arms and legs spanning well over the arms on each side. They draped over the arms awkwardly, gracelessly, as Ramona hung partially off the couch, holding her breath and feeling the pulse pound in her forehead.

Inhale.

She couldn’t hold it anymore. Yet, she soon regretted it though as she fell victim to about a dozen continuous sneezes that left her sweaty with an itchy scalp and even more stuffed by the time they subsided. Calling out in a sort of helpless-baby-dinosaur roar, Ramona threw her hands up and asked why she of all Luperci had to be the one to get sick.

Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
Sammiie

POSTED: Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:24 pm

The weather was changing, so Willow started compiling lists of herbs that would work well for the season of coughs and sniffles. Granted, he sincerely hoped he would not have to need it any time soon, or at all, but he knew that there was a penchant for falling ill at the cold time of the year. He himself was not immune, and he starting dosing himself with "healing" teas. It was disgusting but he was more afraid of being ill than anything else.

He was heading into the Hotel - where there would be fewer pestering questions asked - looking for a pot or something to heat water with. Of course, first he heard a rampant storm of sneezes and felt the skin crawl on his neck. His spine sent shivers and he could feel the hair on his neck and arms rise in horror. Someone was sick or they were dusting. But in all likeliness, they were sick.

Oh, god, he was so torn. He should have just made a beeline for the pot and left in a hurry, but part of him screamed that he had a responsibility if he was going to pursue being an herbalist. He mulled it over, standing like an idiot in the hall, before groaning loudly and swerving into the common room.

"You okay?" he asked hesitantly, looking at the woman laying spread out on an old couch. Willow's ears were flattened back, hands wringing despite the small pouch of questionable herbs in his grip.

-cackles at your prompt-

Willow
Vows are spoken to be broken. Feelings are intense, words are trivial

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki

Gen
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:18 am

(000) Thanks for popping in!

She had been too busy sneezing and groaning to have heard Willow in the hallway. When he had finally come in to the Common Room, she had shifted her position on the couch to swinging one of her legs over the back of it, while her head hung off one of the cushions. He walked in on the ceiling it would seem as she looked at him upside-down. Her tan curly hair hung in a bushy, snarled chunk upwards toward the floor.

”Ugh… Honest to Agwe, do I look ok?” She blinked at him, unmoving, not moving to right herself. There was something about hanging upside-down, letting the pulse pound in her head that made her forget about the itchiness in her nose for a few seconds. However, being in the position seemed to invite the boogers out, and as she looked upon Willow, a surge of snot began making its way to her nostrils like a dam had finally collapsed.

”Please tell me you have something normal for me that’ll make this shit go away.”

Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
Sammiie

POSTED: Tue Dec 19, 2017 9:05 pm

He did not know who Agwe was, but he did not much appreciate her tone in the least. He scowled at her, but figured it was better to bite back the truly nasty comments he could have thrown her way. She did seem sick, after all, and it was not a nice thing to make fun of sick people. Oh, he'd make fun of his siblings if they were sick, but he always would try to help them after he was done bugging the ever living patience out of them. Though, even that, had waned and the male seemed less eager to annoy them.

"You look radiant," he replied sarcastically, drawling out the last word as though it were as golden as it sounded. If it was gold, then the woman looked like she had been tarnishing for four and a half decades and could do with a severe round of polishing.

His lips turned into a smirking smile. "Well, more like a dying daisy, but potato, potato," Willow shrugged, before his smile faltered and fell off his face in a hurry. The green snot coming out of her face sent shivers of disgust down his spine and the man was ready to run somewhere to wash his own face clean of absent boogers.

Somehow, he managed to keep it all together. Not together enough not to shudder, but he didn't flee the scene like a man fainting at his mate's birthing. "I.. I actually.. might? I mean.. I actually might have a few, but I don't know what your definition of normal is," he added with a bit of hesitation, and a raised brow. What wouldn't be normal?

Willow

Gen
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:42 pm

(175) ooc text here

Ugh… my mom’s been trying to feed me these weird-tasting plant concoctions all day… I’ll take a solid herb if you’ve got one or two things that’ll do the trick… but I don’t want no nasty herb cocktail.” Then she sucked in a big, wet snort drawing the green blob of snot that began rolling down over the tip of her nose. It shuddered and receded within… but only for the moment. Ramona rolled over onto her stomach, using her arms to prop her upper body off of the floor while the rest of her body lay awkwardly draped over the couch. Her body was still twisted in an odd way, but as Willow drew nearer, she began to right herself again.

”Right, dying,” she agreed with a nod, finally finding the right position and sitting with her rear on the couch. She patted one of the cushions beside her for him to come sit. She snorted again, sucking in those rushing boogers, hungry to see the daylight again. ”What do ya have for me?”

Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
Sammiie

POSTED: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:59 pm

Willow furrowed his brows with a quickness, especially once the woman started to complain, nasally, about the things her mother was forcing on her. Wasn’t that something that she ought to have listened to then? He had listened to his parents – well, mostly Alder since... Rei really couldn’t do any parenting beyond the grave – and that often worked out for him.

”You.. you really shouldn’t be eating the herbs raw anyway. Drinking them will make it go in better or at least that’s what my dad said.” Said being written in his notebooks, since the dead could not talk, either. He furrowed his brows, thinking to the extensive lists that he had skimmed through, wishing he had better memorization skills than he actually possessed. He thought long and hard, long enough that the silence began to drag on a little and the young man crossed his arms, eyes shut.

She patted the seat next to her and he gave her a momentary look. It was partially asking if she were joking, and the other part asking if she were serious. Basically, it said the same thing no matter which way it was sliced. Still, he gingerly sat down next to her, though he was definitely more toward the furthest end of the couch he could be without appearing to be too rude.

”You can try… honey. And oregano. I might have some but it’ll be dried and better in a tea or something.” Dry was not the same as fresh, just as a dry tea was different from a wet herbal tea. He had no honey on hand and doubted that anyone kept bees in the Court, or was foolhardy enough to risk breaking into a beehive to get at the sticky commodity.

He furrowed his brows again. ”Maybe chamomile or calendula flowers, but they’re out of season, so all I have is dried and ready for tea, not eating.” He didn’t much liked the idea of eating those flowers, though, if he was being truly honest, even if it was to himself.

Willow

Gen
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:24 am

(342) Sorry for the wait!

Her mother had been a healer once upon a time, but Ramona couldn’t recall if she had just tried to pawn off one of the stronger herbs raw or that Rio had lost her wits. She knew the woman worked more with poultices and salves – things used outside of the body. Perhaps Rio was a bit confused. Knowing the way the herbs tasted though, Ramona was sure the teas wouldn’t taste any better.

"Honestly, I think I'm having a change of heart. I'll take anything." If it was warm? Even better.

”Oh, come on, I’m not gonna snot on ya,” Ramona whined, leaning away from the spot she patted to show that she just wanted to speak face-to-face with him. He was a herbalist, right? Surely he had the remedies she needed. How would he help her if he was on the other side of the room? ”Unless you wanna share. HAHA. Just kiddi--” Suddenly, involuntarily almost, she sucked in the air and leaning away from him, she sneezed three times. When she was finished, she snorted more of that daylight-hungry snot back into her face.

”Honey? You were saying,” she recapped, wiping her nose with the back of her hand and then secretly wiping that on the part of the couch underneath her. She tried to hold his gaze so that he didn’t follow the motion of her hand dipping to the couch’s lower side. She listened as he continued, falling silent and pretending to scratch an itch at her ankle.

Oregano, chamomile, calendula… It all sounded fine to her. At this moment, she would take anything - even if it wound up being something bitter, pungent, and nasty all over again. She offered her hand to him. ”Take me under your care,” she breathed dramatically, letting her eyelids close for but a moment. ”Give me anything you think will make me combat this damn ailment.” And with that, she’d follow him to where they needed to go… or she’d wait for him to return with the ingredients he planned to feed her.

Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
Sammiie

POSTED: Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:49 pm

Not going to get any on him, his left butt cheek. Ramona sneezed and he recoiled instantly, visibly. The arm rest dug into his side as he pressed harder against it and let out a clear shudder. He tried so hard not to look at where her hand went after she wiped her face, staring incredibly intently on her face and not her hand. Why were the sick so visibly sick? It was awful, how did actual medics deal with it?

Willow took a slow breath and straightened, though his rear had not moved any closer to the sick woman. ”Spoonful can help. If I have any at home, I’ll bring it.” It seemed fair, since it was supposed to be helpful for colds and things. At least, that’s all he had read. Willow had never really treated anyone before, though he was not going to tell Ramona that. Kind of seemed counter-intuitive to tell a patient they were the healer’s first.

Ramona offered a hand to him and he shook his head very vigorously. ”No, no, you stay here. I’ll go get it.” He scrambled to stand, brushing his hands onto his pants despite not touching her. ”Just.. stay here and relax!” he said with false cheer, waving her hand away. ”I’ll be back,” he added, just in case she did not get the message.

He scurried away, jogging the distance home. After he managed to make it home, Willow scrambled together a remedy of sorts, stealing some hot water someone else was heating. He even found a small jar of honey that he scooped out a dollop for the herbal tea. It was a blend that he hoped was more tasteful than deplorable. He secured the pot of herb brew with cloth ties so that it did not spill. Then, he scurried right back.

Willow was panting when he returned, hoping to find Ramona still on the couch.

Willow

Gen
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:20 am

(000) Wanna wrap this up?

Ramona hadn’t actually noticed he recoiled from her sneezes, but she could feel the anxiety radiating off of him. Some doctor he was! He couldn’t deal with a few boogies? When given the chance, he was eager to get off that couch, and Ramona quickly laid back down in his place, facing the ceiling with her arm over her face. ”I’ll wait and relax,” she confirmed with a nod, even with her arm draped over her eyes.

She listened to him scamper away, his footsteps fall in rhythm down the hall, the door creak as he exited. Snot pooled in her clogged nose again, even as she laid on her back. She wiped them away with the back of her hand, wiping that on the arm rest above her head, leaving behind a clear, wet smear, before replacing that arm back over her face. The pressure in her head was astounding. Even as she lay there doing nothing, she could feel the pulse in her brain. Pound. Pound. Pound.

She held her breath, feeling as though she was able to give her lungs a break while her head pounded against her eardrums, making a new hit song. Perhaps she’d ask someone to play it for her sometime. The beat would be amazing.

Ramona sucked in a snot-wad, swallowing the lump just as Willow returned. She raised her arm, lifting her head for a moment. ”That was fast.” She pushed her body against the arm rest with her feet, forgetting the drying smear, and propped herself up. Seriously, she didn’t want to get up from this couch. How did she even make it here?

Oh, tea,” Ramona sighed lovingly. A hot beverage might hit the spot right now. Double points if it'll put her to sleep for a few hours.

Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
Sammiie

POSTED: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:58 pm

He panted heavily as he settled the pot of hot tea onto the coffee table with a soft thud. It steamed as he undid the cloth knots and lifted the lid. The vapor warmed the air by his hands, but his arms still twitched from the carrying he had done with the heavy pot. Cast iron and heavy, it had been a burden to run without spilling a drop of medicinal brew.

He put up a finger as he caught his breath, then disappeared from the room. His clicking nails on the old wood floor echoed in the empty halls as he rushed to the kitchens to grab a bowl and something ladle-like. Willow returned with both, breathing more even as he sniffed at the pot of tea. It smelled earthy, like the world after a short, clean rain in the summer. That had been the only kind of rain he appreciated.

”I did find honey, so it’s sweet.” He ladled a serving of the tea into the bowl, flicking out a rogue leaf or petal or whatever it was that lingered in the remedy. There was perhaps another bowl or two left in the pot for the woman, which would at least hopefully stay a little warm a while. He also hoped that it did not burn a hole in the table.

Gingerly, Willow handed her the tea, his fingers carefully retracted from hers as soon as she had the bowl in hand. ”It might be a bit.. herby,” he added, struggling to find a good word. He was an herbalist, not a linguist after all. ”I’ll leave the pot to you, but it might help.” He shrugged, taking a handful of steps back. He hoped she’d at least return the pot later. Or his family might kill him.

we can close whenever <3

Willow

Gen
Luperci

Dead Topics