The moose is on the loose

[p. Skoll]

POSTED: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:37 pm

Everything that was happening was not sitting too well with the Stormbringer man. He was not fond of the situation one bit and found himself chaffing at the bit a little, even though he was a lackadasical man with a tendency to be easy-going. This, however, left him feeling entirely the opposite. He wanted to start a fight with anyone willing to take a swing, but had to lower his expectations to being a nuisance considering his niece and father's captivity at the hands of the newly minted Queen.

His father wasn't even dead so how could she claim to have his title? He had been King of the Court since the earthen male was born. It was hard to imagine it ruled by anyone else, especially someone who came in nearly violently. His father was clearly ill, injured, and protecting a pup. Cicely seemed okay but it left him anxious for her. Abigail would be pulling her hair out.

He had spent the day subtly watching the stoic woman, before finally tipping a large bucket of water at her with his feet as she passed by. It was an innocent bucket of water, but the woman recoiled back, drenched in water on a cold day.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," he said slowly, and it was clear from his grin that he meant none of that. Piper turned to his slowly, anger glowing in her eyes but she seemed a little unwilling to react.

"What do you think you're doing?" she shot back at him, scraping water away with the back of her hands, flicking it to the ground and to him as her teeth showed. She was not pleased but she was not about to strike out at him. Alessan was more than prepared for her if she did, but she seemed smarter than some of the others, leaving him tempted to poke the bear.

"It was precariously perched, is all," he countered with a sniff. "You shouldn't walk so heavily by these sorts of things" Her eyes narrowed at the implied insult of heaviness. She was scowling and the earthen male was smirking. It boded ill, though neither one really made any move in one direction or another.

376 - Using Piper Atla c:

ALESSAN STORMBRINGER
And I cannot decipher between the thrill and the fear. I want to stop but I like it too much to let it stop here

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
Gen

voice from the past
from those conflicted nights
such faraway reflections
a Thousand Confessions
The soul yearns for honor

POSTED: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:15 pm

[207] Put Alessan on a patio and proceeded to hardly interact w/ him, so pls tell me if you want changes to make it easier to reply to xDD

“Oh, but you should not leave things so precariously perched, copain.”

Every member of the Court – every proper member, that was – would recognize that arrogant French-peppered drawl anywhere, as well as the heavy steps that accompanied it. Skoll stepped out onto the courtyard patio with a flourish, slamming the door behind him.

“Here, my poor mademoiselle, let’s get you inside. Warm and dry.” Skoll walked up beside the blue-eyed husky and slung his arm around her, as if to pull her into a good-natured embrace.

Predictably, she reacted badly. She stiffened at his touch and bared her teeth, breaking free of his grip and putting her hand on her sword-hilt: an obvious threat, though the whites of her eyes flashed. “Don’t lay a hand on me,” she said, terse and serious, as her fingers tightened around the hilt.

Skoll, to his credit, managed to look surprised. It lasted a second as he raised his hands in peace, but his grin was too broad and toothy to be genuine. Je suis désolé, he said. “I only wished to comfort. We’re all pack mates now, aren’t we?”

He thinned his remaining eye. She stared back.
Last edited by Skoll Haskel on Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
'Souls Assemblage Luperci Brawler & Venatores heliophagy SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2018 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:55 pm

Oh, he was good, thought the earthen male with great appreciation. But it was hard not to appreciate Skoll for the decidedly striking physique he presented. Smooth-talker and firecracker, something that the Stormbringer could definitely understand well, especially after his stint in Sapient where there was an overabundance of the two traits in various members.

However, the woman was having absolutely none of his flattery and cajoling. Her hand went to the hilt on her waist and Alessan felt himself bristling immediately at the sight of it. They were supposed to be packmates, and these idiots refused to play nicely with that concept. It was like something that constantly made them sick so they avoided it. They were overbearing; their presence was slowly beginning to annoy the earthy man, and he was painfully difficult to annoy. Slow to anger, it was always quite bad when it actually spiked.

He leaned over the railing, careful of any failing in the sturdiness of the wood, as he watched for the woman’s reaction, as well as the sun prince’s. Neither one seemed to do anything, so the Stormbringer moved in such a way, making a sound that was very much a noise someone falling would make. It was accompanied by the creaking of wood as it broke beneath his grip (honestly, he had been pushing on it quite a bit).

Alessan fell head first down to the next floor, finding himself tumbling upon the soggy woman. It was hardly a long fall, considering it was perhaps eight, maybe nine, feet off the ground. He was frankly glad that the woman was there to cushion his blow. She wasn’t though.

ALESSAN STORMBRINGER
And I cannot decipher between the thrill and the fear. I want to stop but I like it too much to let it stop here

Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
Gen

voice from the past
such faraway reflections
a Thousand Confessions

POSTED: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:02 pm

[309] when u want to be an ass but ur chivalry is 2 strong

Icy blue eyes met a single emerald. They were wary eyes, and the woman's scarred face was mostly impassive other than her frown. Confident and condescending, Skoll grinned back at her.

Their stand-off was rather short-lived. Something above them creaked, broke.

A good two-hundred pounds of Luperci fell from the railing and dropped down on top of Piper, who fell with a pained yelp and immediately panicked, digging claws into the hard ground if she wasn't flailing to scratch at Alessan. The reaction was immediate, instinctual, and while Skoll had hopped back with a loud "whoa, merde!" when Al dropped, he did not dawdle long.

Immediately the tall wolfdog grabbed for his packmate (his real packmate), wrenching him off the woman and hauling him to his feet. No sooner had Skoll looked Alessan over briefly to make sure he wasn't hurt -- though it had dawned on him that the boy probably did that on purpose -- did he turn to the woman.

He reached down to help her. She bared teeth and waved his hand away, but Skoll was resolute and extended it again, all mirth and arrogance vanished from his rugged face. With obvious hesitance, Piper allowed him to pull her to her feet, but retreated from his touch as soon as she was able and avoided looking him in the face. Instead, she flashed a glare at Alessan.

"Building is gettin' a bit, uh, crumbly," Skoll said lamely.

Piper smoothed her fur with a shaky hand and touched the hilt of her weapon again, this time just to assure herself it was there. "Queen Mistral wanted new housing as one of her projects, you know."

Skoll rolled his eye. "Another pushy broad already came up with that idea, sorry to tell you," he replied, and cast Alessan a look with raised brows.
Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
'Souls Assemblage Luperci Brawler & Venatores heliophagy SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2018 Champion!
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:10 pm

Gravity was a bitch and a half, especially when it meant that the chevalier met the ground with more force than he ever thought possible from such a scant height. The woman that broke his fall was also not remotely as comfortable as falling into a soft pile of snow, leaves, or even mud. He would have taken mud over the bony limbs of a woman with whom he had a dispute, and who was also incredibly damp from the bucket of water that had “accidentally” fallen on her. Alessan would have really, really preferred the mud since mud did not have teeth.

Skoll hoisted him up first, which Alessan liked to think was because he was the more preferred of the two (it probably was). But, he was the one on top of Piper, so it made sense, unless the dog wanted to play a freaky game of Jenga.

Brushing himself off, he watched the silent struggle between Skoll attempting to be polite and Piper refusing to accept his help. It was a quite sort of disagreement between them that was settled with insistence from one, and acceptance from the other. She glared at him, though, and Alessan shook his head incredulously in the focus of her annoyance.

”Yeah, crumbly,” he replied, just as lamely as Skoll had. But he bristled a little at the mention of Mistral, mostly because she was just that much of a pain in his head. Skoll met his gaze and Alessan gave him a shrug as though saying “what do you want me to say” while looking a bit put off.

”He’s right, though, that’s a project someone else is doing already, apologies to Her ‘Majesty’,” he intoned while using two fingers on each hands and bending them as he uttered the title. Piper seemed to puff out a little at the implied insult, glaring most decidedly at Alessan. At least Skoll had helped her up.

”I don’t like your tone,” she said firmly, arms crossing. Alessan grinned at her, as though she did not sound annoyed and as though he had not just fallen from the second floor.

”And I don’t like your doggy Queen, now what?” Piper visibly bristled at him, even as he grinned at her some more.

ALESSAN STORMBRINGER

Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
Gen

voice from the past
such faraway reflections
a Thousand Confessions

POSTED: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:39 pm

[306]

Skoll had been ready to antagonize the mercenary, but seeing Alessan literally fall on her hadn't sat quite right with him. He was glad to roughhouse the brutes who followed Mistral, put them in their place as long as the consequences weren't too grievous, but -- well.

Any sympathy he had for the jumpy woman had vanished when she remarked on Alessan's "tone" about the self-titled queen, glaring at him when he blatantly said that he didn't like the girl.

"She cut the hand off his dad, my friend," Skoll said, advancing a little into her space and baring his teeth down at her. Again, she touched the hilt of her blade, but didn't make a move to draw her weapon -- yet. "You lot don't know any of us. You're all imbeciles for believing her."

Piper retorted coldly. "When you've been through what most of us have, you take any chance you can get at happiness."

"Yeah?"
Skoll asked. He crossed his arms, then frowned and began to wave his hand around at the crumbled railing and Alessan. "You fuckin' happy now? If Mistral was meant to be Queen, you think she'd be pissin' us off this much? You don't think it might be her fault this isn't going smoothly, or are all of us just barbarians to you?"

Piper narrowed her eyes and looked between the two of them, her answer unspoken but very loud and clear, and Skoll deflated just for a moment. "Trust me, madame," he recovered, "if I metcha on the street with your kid I'd've invited you here myself. Open arms. Set up a playdate witih my brat. But you all waltzed in expecting titles you haven't earned because you've got the intuition of a toad."
Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:03 pm

That Skoll spoke rather than attacked outright amused Alessan. The general consensus about their Seneschal was that he was quick to strike, slow to think, and more likely to get into a fight than anything else. Piper clearly seemed uneasy about him advancing on her, speaking his mind. The earthen Stormbringer had no problem letting the golden man do the threatening for him since it came out so much better from him.

Never did Alessan forget he was on the generally small side for a man, shorter than his own sisters. Skoll, meanwhile, let his tirade continue, and the chevalier had to agree with everything that was said. It was the thought among the unhappy, among the discontented. They did not want to live with the Queen and her bullies, and they hated her for it. That hatred would eventually fan itself into a flame if Mistral wasn't careful. And she would not be.

"If you went about it the right way, you would have been warmly welcomed." Alessan's voice was quiet, nearly low, as he shook his head. He wondered how long they would last with the brunt of the anger directed at them. "You would have been like family." He shook his head. "Get out of here, go, before he loses it. He's a bit snappish, don't you know?" He said with a warning grin. Piper glared at him, taking a step back as Alessan stepped forward.

ALESSAN STORMBRINGER

Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
Gen

voice from the past
such faraway reflections
a Thousand Confessions

POSTED: Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:49 pm

Alessan’s voice joined his low growl, supporting his logic. And it was true, all of it: despite his biases when it came to certain types of people (usually big-eared types), Skoll was generally happy for any newcomer joining the Court, especially when fresh blood tended to wander on from the Kingdom. Its old bloodlines remained stubborn in their course through the Court, however, and this was perhaps were so much of the conflict between Mistral and the “false” royal family arose.

They would not budge, not for mercenaries, certainly not for Mistral.

Skoll echoed the Stormbringer’s grin and let his eye widen a little, showing the whites of one bloodshot from stress, and the deep flushed socket of the other. But it was brief, a joke, and he laughed loudly (perhaps too loudly for the little courtyard) and gestured. “Go, before another wolf falls on you,” he said dismissively, and at this Piper glanced to the door. She seemed loath to turn her back on them, but Skoll took another step back of his own to give her distance, and she took the chance.

When the door shut loudly behind her, Skoll exhaled loudly and glanced at Alessan. “That was stupid,” was all he said, pointing up at the balcony.
Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

POSTED: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:23 pm

Piper made her exit, and Alessan lazy smiled at her until the door shut firmly beside her. Skoll was beside him, scoffing at him, and then gestured to the balcony. He looked up at the broken railing and winced. Oh, that was probably why they were all looking to build new homes. Maybe ones that did not have second floors with termite eaten railings. He really hoped there would be no second floors.

It was stupid. ”Who expected the balcony to fall,” he said, purposefully misunderstanding the man. He knew he was being called for bad behavior, but that it was Skoll the Stormbringer seemed more inclined to ignore it. He ought to have been more meek, more apologetic, to the Seneschal, but Alessan’s nearly limitless patience had reach the critical point where his passive behavior turned passive-aggressive instead. He was not quite to the point of aggression. Not yet, at least.

”Piper won’t be lingering near balconies or second floors for a while, I think,” he added with a rub at his belly, wherever his body seemed to ache from an errant limb smacking into him. Alessan threw Skoll a lazy grin, similar to the one that he had given Piper, but with far more innocence than he had to her.

ALESSAN STORMBRINGER

Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
Gen

voice from the past
such faraway reflections
a Thousand Confessions

POSTED: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:42 pm

Skoll scowled at the younger man, thinning his eye. His dominant behavior and stern demeanor devolved into a show of generalized frustration: mouth tense, ears pinned, hackles rising, claws unsheathed as he raked them through his tousled hair. Now that the immediate danger of conflict was over, now that the mercenary woman was gone, he could vent.

I don't wanna explain to your parents that you got killed throwing yourself off buildings at people, he growled at Alessan, but without real malice. I'm more afraid of Shiloh's wrath than theirs anyway. Though that wasn't entirely true, and why Skoll had been more or less behaving in comparison to Alessan's petty antics. What he wanted was to line all the new queen's supporters and bulldoze them like the world's most violent game of dominoes, but he was chained by his worry. If they could maim Silvano and kidnap puppies, what would they do to Galilee?

We need to tell someone about that stupid railing anyway. Mistral and Kalypso will at least get what they want far as housing's concerned.

Cour des Miracles
Sénéchal
Raze
devour the sun
tarnished prince

Dead Topics