But helpless pieces of the game he plays

POSTED: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:35 am

[253]

Everything was all wrong.

Galilee snarled as she thrust the spear at the wooden dummy; it was well abused, and scratched with bloody claw marks in one place that suggested her father had visited earlier and torn something. It frustrated her that he would take his anger out on an inanimate object before lashing out at the root of their problems — but she didn’t really have room to talk, she guessed. Grunting, she ripped the spear-tip back out of the dummy and threw it down to the earth.

She just felt helpless. Why wasn’t anyone doing anything? The entire pack was miserable, and Lee hadn’t even heard of Mistral before.

She forced herself to stretch even though she didn’t intend to stop training anytime soon, taking breaths to calm herself though she fumed. She did remember some of Skoll’s stories about past kings and royal bloodlines — how the first king had abandoned the pack, and the second king (her grandfather) had wasted away. Skoll talked about her aunt with great regret in his voice, but it sounded as if she hadn’t been a proper leader either.

He hadn’t a bad word to say about Silvano — except that he’d been an outsider, and if things were different and Skoll had been a better man maybe he would be King instead. But Skoll respected Silvano, and so Galilee did too.

Regardless… no one deserved the misery the man was in now.

Why wasn’t everyone angry?

Cour des Miracles
Marquise
Raze
Luperci
spear of justice!

POSTED: Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:24 pm

Kalypso watched as the young woman threw her spear with all the frustration that seemed to fill her. The rose gold creature was definitely on the way to being a strong fighter. She was the daughter of Skoll and from their interactions, seemed to be a younger female version of what the man may have been like in his youth. Except, she seemed to be far less brash as compared to him. Kalypso had been reckless when younger, but now she made far more calculated risks than anything else.

What she needed, had always needed, was people that would stand behind her or at least eventually stand behind her. Galilee was young, energetic, and maybe would have liked to see her home undergo a different change of pace. Mistral was setting a bad standard of rule, but Kalypso figured it was only going to benefit herself in the end of it all.

She came with her rapier, but she started carrying it everywhere now in the packlands. With the supposed Queen's goons running around, she did not want to be unprepared for anything that might come. Especially if that was a quiet opportunity alone wither Majesty.

Her lips tightened a moment at the thought. She sincerely hoped that Mistral had the good intentions behind her, and that her abuse of half the pack's parent and it's long-reigning monarch was her only lapse in decorum. She hoped. She hoped so hard, though it would make her life that much easier if she did not.

"Your father trained you well. You seem upset, Galilee." She finally spoke up, moving from the tree she had been leaning on to stride closer to the golden daughter of the sun prince.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:27 pm

[249]

She stretched her arms, throwing one across her chest and working the muscle near her shoulder blade, and made herself take steady breaths as the tension in her body slowly faded. As her ears stopped ringing from the rushing blood, as her heartbeat slowed to a normal pulse, she began to relax and the figurative red faded from the edges of her vision, opening her senses up to the world around her once more. No longer burying her head in the sand of her anger, she spotted Kalypso and frowned faintly. The Lady must’ve been watching.

She wasn’t sure how to feel about that or Kalypso’s comment, so she continued to stretch a moment, linking her fingers and reaching forward with her arms. Knuckles cracked, and she sighed as she let her arms fall back at her sides, though they fidgeted in fists. Her claws scratched her palm pads restlessly.

“Yeah, well, duh,” she responded after a minute, brusque and childish. “Are you here to state the obvious and just—“ She gestured helplessly. “Stand around like the rest of them, or what?”

Grimacing, Galilee stooped to pick her spear up again, and began to move it like Shiloh taught her. It was a dance too pretty for fighting, but it helped her keep aware of her movements: where her hands and the spear were in relation to each other and her body. She moved slowly, mostly paying attention to Kaly, her ears pricked for an answer.

Cour des Miracles
Marquise
Raze
Luperci
spear of justice!

POSTED: Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:55 pm

Kalypso could tell that she was agitated; it was plain as the nose on her face. Galilee was no diplomat’s child, raised to hide emotion and actual meaning. This was the daughter of a soldier, a warrior, someone who had no real need to guard their expressions with other people. It was weakness and strength, just like everything else in life could be. It spoke of an innocence that Kaly envied, but it was clear that it could also be a hindrance in a complicated world.

”Whatever do you mean, Galilee?” she asked, though it was only a little rhetorical in nature. She figured it had to do with the injustices floating around the pack, and Galilee probably did not know what to make of it. Kaly herself had a hard time understanding what it was that had happened to them. But she was forced to move on and make due. Her plans merely shifted, that was all.

The golden girl began to use the spear and dance with it, almost. It was not a skill the island woman possessed so she merely watched for a moment. Spears were certainly popular in that neck of Nova Scotia, she thought absently. Why, she had no idea, though it likely had something to do with the simplicity of the weapon and the ease of manufacture. A sword was more expensive, more uncommon, and far more annoying to maintain well.

”Who taught you?” she asked suddenly, brows furrowing. It was not Skoll, or at least it seemed unlikely. Kaly would not say she knew the man’s repertoire at all, but he seemed more like a tooth, claw, and fist sort of fighter than anything else.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:59 pm

[323]

Kalypso prompted her for an explanation, and Galilee looked at her and snorted bullishly before she spun away again just for a moment. Her expression softened slightly as she did so, to make it clear that she wasn't ignoring her, just taking a moment to calm herself before she said something dumb. She was at least a little more self-aware than her father in that respect.

"Everyone else," she said, passing the spear behind her back, and thrust the butt of it downward toward an imagined leg, "like Skoll, they're angry. No one likes the so-called queen. But no one is fighting." This time she tipped the point of the spear down and thrust it foward, this time at the dummy, this time with force behind the jab and a snarl fixed silent on her face before she stepped back again. "We should've rushed her when she called that meeting. We could've just killed her and her mercenaries right there."

She began to dance again. Part of her knew that such a thought was childish in its simplicity, and that there would have been collatoral damage -- like hostage, crippled Silvano. But it still angered her.

"So, they complain about how it's all horrible, but they don't try to change it."

Galilee did another spin, this one more dancelike than something for battle, not as graceful as her teacher but still something rare in the Haskel child. Her ponytail waved behind her, and came to stop against her shoulder when she paused to look at Kalypso quizzically.

"Oh. Shiloh -- the King's wife. She was an Araedi in Vinatta, a guardian."
Her voice was mostly dull, distracted, but she spoke of the woman with great respect. "Skoll knows the basics of spearfighting but he doesn't like to do it. Shiloh showed me some moves I can add to that, though she fights with a staff."

Cour des Miracles
Marquise
Raze
Luperci
spear of justice!

POSTED: Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:24 pm

Kalypso let the girl vent her frustrations to the world, knowing that there were less than kind ears that would be less willing to hear the complaints. That, and it helped her to see exactly what sort of grievances she was looking at, and it was definitely something she found favorable. As bad as Mistral was, Kaly was annoyed to find their similarities lay in ambition. She was not pleased that they both had the same aspirations. It irked her, but she said nothing to Galilee.

She hummed thoughtfully. Others complained, as she expected, and as she knew. Without those voices rising, though, there was little that could be forcefully pushed through.

Galilee continued to move, her frustration so clear. She was about as expressive as her father was, based on what hearsay Kaly had gleaned, if perhaps a bit more level-headed. Time would tell if there was that same impulsiveness in her that she had heard about, and if it was even true.

And of course. Everyone seemed somehow touched by the King and his family, even in small ways like being trained or babysat or anything. They were all affected. How could Mistral miscalculate that small detail? It was errors such as those that could break anyone’s efforts at ruling.

”Well, if you’re interested, I am going to do something about it.” Her voice was soft but confident. It was also the bluntness in her words she banked on appealing to Galilee, who seemed less than interested in purple prose. Lee wanted action. Kalypso wanted to deliver it. ”Perhaps, you can help me out when the time comes?” She did not say what that time would be.

KALYPSO SAVOY

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:55 am

Wrappin' this up!

She danced and spun to calm herself, but Kalypso's soft, blunt words stopped her mid-movement. She placed both paws solidly on the ground and turned to look at the older redhead with green eyes narrow, searching.

Slowly, a smile broke across her face, though she restrained it the best she could. It helped that her brows furrowed too in suspicion, uncertainty, doubt; what could Kalypso do that the others hadn't? She remembered the woman hadn't been born in the Court, so perhaps a thing as simple as lack of family here would drive her to act where others were stymied with fear. It didn't make sense to her; Skoll was afraid for her sake, or something, but didn't he get she'd rather get hurt in battle than languish under a cruel ruler? People were going to get hurt anyway. They might as well fight.

She considered Kalypso's words longer than one might expect a child of Skoll Haskel to consider anything, but nodded.

I would like that.

Cour des Miracles
Marquise
Raze
Luperci
spear of justice!

POSTED: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:41 pm

Galilee spun and Kalypso expected to hear an answer instantly. It was not quite so. The girl took extraordinarily long to answer her, or at least longer than it felt like it ought to have taken the Haskel girl to answer. She spent perhaps an entire third of a second starting to worry that the answer was going to be no when the expected answer came. Her lips warmed into a smile.

"Good, I'll send word, then, when I can." She slipped her hands around behind her back, linking her fingers together as she slowly began to walk away from the training area. It was the slow walk of someone who knew exactly where they were going, as though they had always been going in that direction with all the intent.

Galilee was not entirely unexpected ally in the fight, mostly because she had the zeal her father had, with all the energy of noble youth and blind optimism. Yes, the girl was definitely a friend to have, though Kalypso was not sure who could actually be called a friend. Who would call her a friend in the end, after all?

KALYPSO SAVOY

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

Dead Topics