Take us seriously at your own peril

[p. Abigail]

POSTED: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:05 pm

For all that the man wanted to avoid his family, he knew that he had to support them. Abigail was burdened with the status as the new female head of the family with their mother’s death. He figured they all looked at her that way, at least, especially since she was Silvano’s first daughter, and Shiloh’s first daughter. He saw her that way, at least. He certainly was no one to look up to. Shiloh’s sons seemed to be more prone to forgoing respectable stances in life. The girls took all the responsibility that should have been spread around.

Abigail would likely be reeling from everything, especially since she had been the closest to their father. She had become his Grand-Duchessa, after all. She was the second-in-command. Had she known what Kalypso had planned? Well, to be fair, how could anyone really not have guessed as much? He may have been a rather go-with-the-flow guy, but he could practically smell the ambition off the girl. He just never felt like he needed to say anything about it.

But what could he offer his sister in her state? It was clear he suffered but in a much softer, quieter way than any of them did. His guilt was a block to the true sadness within; he had squandered time with a petty fight with his mother years prior. It still haunted him despite the fact they made amends.

”Abigail, entertain your brother,” he said when he found her, holding up a side of rabbit, almost warm from a roasting fire. Alessan did not have her flare for cookery, but he knew how to put salt on a piece of meat pretty well.

ALESSAN STORMBRINGER
And I cannot decipher between the thrill and the fear. I want to stop but I like it too much to let it stop here

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
Gen

voice from the past
from those conflicted nights
such faraway reflections
a Thousand Confessions
The soul yearns for honor

POSTED: Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:43 pm

Reeling Abigail was. She seemed to devote most of her days since the induction of their new Reine not to guiding Kalypso’s hand, nor to comforting the other members of the Court as she had always planned, but to simply trying to get her head around it all. Pain was there in an ever-present undercurrent, like background noise, but it was drowned out by confusion. Men – her Father of all men – could profess their undying love for someone whilst hiding the truth from them, from the children they shared with them.

Maybe it had been done to protect them all – to protect them from a man Silvano no longer was, perhaps. To Abigail it all felt like lies of omission perpetrated by the man she had once been devoted to as a daughter and a second in command.

There was one man remaining in the Court who Abigail felt she could trust with her thoughts and he found her as she sat beside a small fire at the very edge of the forest.

She smiled a thin, sad smile when Ale demanded entertainment. Who was she to argue with that – particularly when she hadn’t bothered to cook meat in a week and the rabbit smelled too good to pass up? She gestured for her brother to sit beside her and fished a bottle of something – probably something made by Alessan’s own hand – from beneath her cloak.

“I’ve been sat with this for an hour wondering if I should drink any.” Her tone was wistful. Abigail didn’t often dabble with alcohol, disliking what it did to her. She tilted the bottle and her ears twitched to the tinkling of liquid against glass. “Gods, I’d like it all to go away, just for one evening.” Her eyes slipped closed for a moment and she commanded the tears prickling behind her eyelids to be gone.

“Make a toast,” she urged. “I’ll toast to anything.”

[300+]
AbigailSadira

Let me light up the sky, light it up for you
Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:27 pm

He sat beside her and found something familiar in her hand. It was both comforting and concerning, but he knew better than to worry too long about it. Abigail was the smarter one of the two, with a more sensible head on her shoulders than he. Her words were dangerous, and the man who was not alcoholic knew to be careful. He did not drink often, only when things were truly at their worst. He had done so with Basil, mourning his mother. Now, he mourned all the good things that changed to uncertainty.

”Okay, I will toast to your children, then, because there is nothing bad about the young,” he said after a singular moment of thought, feeling a little rushed as he recognized the tone in the woman’s voice. She was his littermate, after all. They had shared the space in Shiloh’s womb as she carried them to term. They were close, in the end.

The fire was warm against his feet as he sat, and he marveled that life continued on despite the massive sadness around them. It was hard to imagine that it just.. went on. Was it fair? No, but they would all have to move on with it.

”Here, give me that, I want a taste. Is it the good one I gave you or did you find one of my really, really old bad ones?” he joked half-seriously. It was funny, sure, but the drinks really were quite horrendous the older they were. There were not many left as not many had been made when he was learning. His latest bit were maturing lovingly in a dark and dry cellar near his small vineyard. That summer, he’d expand. Maybe he ought to get someone to help him till some fields.

ALESSAN STORMBRINGER
And I cannot decipher between the thrill and the fear. I want to stop but I like it too much to let it stop here

Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
Gen

voice from the past
such faraway reflections
a Thousand Confessions

POSTED: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:08 am

Firelight danced across the bottle’s surface, distorting where the vessel curved and dipped. Abigail, once she’d dispelled the tears from behind her eyelids, watched it carefully. There was a dullness in her gaze which spoke of exhaustion. The Winter of Tarnished Gold had been draining on her sensitive soul, and she had no choice but to continue on – for her family, for herself. No matter how much it all weighed on Abigail she had to go on.

She could still enjoy a night of drowning her sorrows, though – if enjoyment was the word for it.

“To my children, then,” Abigail said. She couldn’t disagree that there was only good in the young. In spite of all they’d been through Ajax and Cicely remained sweet puppies. On the tip of her tongue was a further toast: to forgetting this Winter, or to getting through it without too many scars, but Abi didn’t want to jinx her children’s futures by voicing those thoughts.

She tipped the bottle back and felt the splash of wine against her tongue before handing it over, smirking at her sibling’s jest.

“It’s the good one. I don’t need to be drunk that badly,” she joked. Joking felt inappropriate after everything, but it was also the way in which they’d retain some sense of normality. At the end of it all Alessan had a knack for lifting Abigail’s spirits and for that the Sadira woman was endlessly grateful.

“I just thought it might take the edge off for an evening.”

[252]
AbigailSadira

Let me light up the sky, light it up for you
Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:44 pm

Ale took the bottle from her as she joked, his eyes rolling. He knew he had a very long way to go before he had the most palatable wines, especially since he was working on his own without any help in the matter. He tasted the good drink and found himself wishing for the warmth of spring so he could start tending to the grapes and planting the wheat. Summer would mean berries for cordials, and he was eager to try all that he could.

The conflict with Mistral had shown him just how fragile life was, so he appreciated his time a little bit more. He was still more inclined to enjoy himself, but with a much stronger care to the amount of time he spent uselessly wasting time.

He put the bottle down after a sip, stared at his niece and nephew. They would never want for family, that much was sure. Likely every single one of their aunts and uncles would have doted on them in one shape or another. There was more variety for them to lean toward than anyone else he had ever known. His siblings had the same opportunity in Vinatta, with so many relatives of their mother nearby.

Alessan’s lips tightened as he looked to his sister. ”Have you talked to Kira about what has happened?” he asked bluntly, thrusting forward his bottle. ”He should join the kids.” It was not conceivable for the woman to abandon the Court. Why could not the father join them?

ALESSAN STORMBRINGER

Cour des Miracles
Roturier (NPC)
Gen

voice from the past
such faraway reflections
a Thousand Confessions

Dead Topics