the feelings that broke through that door

POSTED: Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:56 pm

As she considered the changes the Court now underwent, Gaia was most looking forward to getting on with what they had been doing before all this madness came about. She supposed it made sense that Kalypso had spearheaded the project, seeing that she was now the Queen and likely had been seeking this position all along, but the idea was still one what Gaia agreed with. She was particularly tired with living in the Hotel, especially now that she had moved into her own room to be away from her family and was none too pleased with the original choice.

Unfortunately it turned out her craft room was rather drafty and leaked when it rained, and Gaia had been forced to relocate to a drier place. This new room was suitable, faced the sun for most of the day, and would certainly last until they got on with it.

She sorely wanted to have real privacy, hating that everyone else seemed to think it fine to keep secrets when she herself had none. Things were easier when people were truthful! Old people were dumb, thinking it fine and good to carry on like that, but not Gaia.

The princess tossed her bedding into a pile and put her hands on her hips. It was a boring space, this new room, but would hopefully be temporary.

Gaia turned back into the hallway, determined to fetch the last of her things.

Mel
Luperci
A new day, a new way
and new eyes to see the dawn

POSTED: Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:51 am

Kalypso's swift rise to power had little effect on the happy-go-lucky wolfdog, who accepted the secret daughter's royal claim with few qualms. What scruples he did have were in the way in which the woman chose to acquire her new title – a side effect of the blind allegiance that he had initially shown to Queen Mistral upon her usurpation of the throne. But such misgivings were quelled by Thyri, who, either through resignation or from willing acceptance, seemed acquiescent. Compared to the fight that she had shown Mistral, this had soothed Reblin's uncertainties and he was glad to carry on without much more thought to the matter.

Much of what "carrying on" meant to Reblin was hunting, goofing off with Mottle, and, of course, socializing with everyone he saw. So when he returned to the Hotel after a particularly unproductive hunt, seeing Gaia in the hallway cheered him considerably. "Gaia!" he barked, his curled tail wagging. From one side of his smiling maw, his pink tongue lolled. He glanced from the young woman, to her newly claimed room. "Oh! What're you doin'?" He looked back at Gaia again. "Want some I help? I mean, If you got anything heavy, I'm your man!" And he flexed one of his arms with a bright, toothy grin.

Reblin was nothing if not helpful and hard labor never stopped him from being able to talk and work. Still wagging his tail, he waited for Gaia to respond.

OOC: here's an idiot for you! <3

[WC — 250]

Cour des Miracles
Viceroi
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:24 pm

Her elder sister's friend was a young man that Gaia thought terribly friendly, a trait she liked and was glad for. It was how normal people were meant to behave, not the sort of lunatics which had so upset the Court's regular goings-on. It felt different now that the worst had passed, though Kalypso was still...well, too new to truly judge. Gaia didn't know if her half-sister was destined for greatness or tyranny, but next time the people would be far more prepared.

I'm moving, she stated with a sniff. I know we aren't going to be living here forever, but I wanted my own space. I only have a few other things, but that would be nice if you'd like to help. Here, if you want to follow me I'll show you what I have left, the princess turned, and began heading back to the space she had previously shared with her sister and family. The hallways of the hotel were quiet now despite the terrors of the past season beginning to fade.

How have you been? Things have been so crazy, I don't think I've seen you in ages.

Mel
Luperci
A new day, a new way

POSTED: Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:25 pm

Change had always been thought of as exciting and refreshing, so the idea of moving was an agreeable one to Reblin. He bobbed his head with exuberance. As much as he was impressed by Chien Hotel, even with all of its rot and its cracks and its drafty windows, he was not opposed to having something fresh and new. But for now, as Gaia said, they were stuck in the hotel and why shouldn't she have her own space now?

"Sure, lead the way!" he barked, following after the young princess. "You don't think that you'll get lonely?" he asked as they walked, his tail wagging lazily behind him. "I love having a roommate." In a rare moment of solemnity, Reblin dropped his voice. "It gets so lonely otherwise."

With only their toenails against the wooden floorboards of the hallway to add sound to the otherwise quiet hotel, Reblin was glad for the conversation. "Gods, I am so glad that things are settling down again," he sighed loudly. "But I've been good! I'm getting back to training and stuff again." He paused, looking at Gaia. "How about you, Gaia? Are you doing okay after... you know... stuff?"

Losing Shiloh had been a blow to the entire Court and he had seen firsthand what it had done to one of her daughters, but he hadn't had much interaction with the rest of her children. "Hey, if you ever need someone to talk to, I know how to keep my mouth shut sometimes." He laughed lightly. "Especially when it matters."

[WC — 264]

Cour des Miracles
Viceroi
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:38 am

Well Ladybird is going to live with me, obviously, Gaia replied, tossing her curly hair over a shoulder. She still carried herself with grace (or tried to) and was not ignorant as to his comment's intention.

Reblin had come back with her older sister, but he was still someone she did not really know. His presence had been friendly, and constant, and he had been one of those who stood alongside her family when the Winter came.

Gaia ached to leave behind the pain that lingered in her heart, but how could she? The chasm was impossibly great, left sundered in the fall of the unfaltering sun in her world. Darkness was a cold, terrible place to linger.

Fearful of this, Gaia ran – even now, in her subtle need to grow the distance between people who reminded her of this loss.

So his question came like a voice echoing across the days. She wondered how long it had been, and found she could recall the time quite precisely.

Her face smiled, but it was a sad, heavy expression.

I don't know, she admitted, pushing open the door they had arrived at. The things she had wanted to bring with her were piled up by this, as if she had not wanted to disturb the deeper parts of the room without reason. It felt urgent, this need to isolate, and she did not want her family pressing her about her decision. We have to go on, that's all. I'm sad, but I'm also glad things have gone...well, not back to normal, I suppose, she pointed at a crate full of trinkets carefully stuffed with bits of cloth and hide. If you get that I can get this. But talking would be nice, Gaia went on, hoisting her own bundle of goods into her arms. When they were returning to her new room, she glanced over at him curiously. Is my sister okay? She asked quietly.

Mel
Luperci
A new day, a new way

POSTED: Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:16 pm

Reblin thought, his brows creasing the skin between his eyes. "Ladybird?" he asked, oblivious to the way Gaia tossed her curly mane. One by one, he checked off each member of the Court and none of them was named "Ladybird." With a pointed glance, he wolfdog flicked his pale eyes upon the young woman again, a dopey smile allowing his teeth to shine pearly white. "Is that your special friend," he asked, wondering if she was still young enough to have imaginary friends until, with a near-violent shock, he remembered the dang cat.

"Ohhhh, wait... Ladybird. That's your cat, right?" I bet, he added internally as he kicked himself figuratively with some emphasis. "Obviously." This, he mimicked from the young lady herself, though the moment the last syllable faded into the quite hallway he wished that he hadn't. Of all the things that Reblin lacked, discretion was perhaps among the young man's top five. "Sorry!" he interjected quickly, grinning apologetically. "I only meant it for myself, because... you know." Still grinning, he rolled his eyes at himself. "Sometimes, I'm clueless!" And, at this, he laughed.

They carried on down the hallway, their footfalls making soft and hollow sounds. Once the reached Gaia's former room, the young woman pushed the door open with a sad utterance. Reblin's face drooped. There was an expression on Gaia's features that appeared entirely too weighted and deep for someone so young. He gave the room within a cursory glance before returning his pale eyes to Gaia, listening carefully. "I mean," he began, stepping toward her former room. "I guess that's what we have to do, but what about you?" he asked, pausing to looking pointedly at her.

Stepping toward the crate of trinkets, Reblin heaved it into his arms with ease and grinned toothily at Gaia before following her back out into the hallway. He nodded. "She's okay," he replied, then shrugged. "She doesn't really talk to me, I guess. But she's healing okay. I mean, you know... on the outside.

[WC — 348]

Cour des Miracles
Viceroi
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:34 am

Gaia – confused as she was by what he meant by special friend — laughed as he corrected himself. Reblin was a good-natured person even if he sometimes seemed a little goofy.

He was nice, though. He asked about her, and she liked this. People always seemed concerned, but her family was so large and so touched by what had happened that she often felt herself fading into the background. Her voice had not risen as Serena's had, nor had she found the courage to fight. Violence had scarred her in ways she could not comprehend, though she came to loathe it and know that people who thrived upon fear were wicked.

She did not forgive Chaska, despite his reformation. He struck her as someone who had little loyalty to anyone but the victor.

As they walked she thought lightly of all these things, and did her best to hide the conflict which still went on in her heart.

I'll be okay, I suppose, Gaia told him. A lot of things have happened, and are happening, so it's a lot. She thought over this and was quiet a beat longer. Things won't ever be like they were.

Mel
Luperci
A new day, a new way

POSTED: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:16 pm

Laughter was one of his favorite sounds. Like birdsong to poets or battlecries to warriors, laughter was like inspiration to his soul. As Gaia laughed, his heart soared and his ego swelled. He grinned like a doofus at the young woman, the sound of her musical hysterics filling him with encouragement and joy.

Whether or not it was at his own expense, Reblin held the belief that it had offered her a small bit of lightness amidst her present grief and struggles. If it had, he thought with solid resolution, it was well worth it.

That their conversation would turn to darker times was inevitable, but he didn't mind. He listened, still smiling. "You will," he agreed emphatically, his pale eyes turned to her and held there meaningfully. Blinking, Reblin's gaze fell away and he considered her observation with a small, gentle nod.

For Reblin, the Court and its people weren't new, but he hadn't known its policies or its people for as long as Gaia or Thyri or most anyone else who walked within its borders. For him, change was perhaps easier to accept. But he understood that that wasn't the case for everyone. Lifting his pale eyes again, Rebel looked at Gaia. "No, I guess not," he conceded. He shifted his gaze, looking past her. "But, I mean... It's a new beginning, right?" He paused, adjusting the crate in his arms. "Maybe it won't be so bad."

After a moment, Reblin found himself asking, "What do you think of her? Kalypso, I mean."

[WC — 262]

Cour des Miracles
Viceroi
Mandi
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:09 pm

We can probably wrap here or with your next post? I would love a new thread though! ;>

Her, was a complex subject. Which Kalypso was the true one? A schemer who had lied to their faces since her return alongside their father, or the brave woman who had organized the revolt which named her queen? Being that they were both one and the same, and that the layers of a person's heart were as deep as the earth, Gaia could examine her feelings each time she turned over that soul-soil and never find the same answer twice.

I think she needs to do as she promises, Gaia said simply. Her brows drooped to a half-lidded look which belayed her far-flung thoughts. The execution remained with her and she hated that it and Mistral de l'Or had corrupted every thought of her mother by causing her death.

Though her expression was lax, her jaw clenched together without her noticing the force until she spoke once more.

But you're right. This is a new beginning – I don't think we'll ever allow things to get that bad again, hm? She mused, but smiled as she said this. It was hard to think about death and consequence, but the world had moved on.

Mel
Luperci
A new day, a new way

Dead Topics