Classy ladies drank my wine

[p. Abigail]

POSTED: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:10 pm

No one approached her, and she felt a bit left out on her grassy knoll. Chaska had wandered up briefly before returning to mill about people, in the crowd. After Mottle finished her serenade of horror, she sat down with the Queen and chattered for a bit as the royal drank her wine. Second glass of the night, she thought absently as the strange woman bounced away to fetch a third for the demanding Queen.

Third glass in hand and a head swimming, Kalypso rose from her knoll and descended downward to her masses, her subjects, and began to mingle. They may not have appreciated her presence, but the music that tinkled from somewhere was at least a pleasant background noise. The food was plentiful and the drink equally supplied. No one could complain that the event was a true bore as the fire glowed and laughter echoed. Laughter was good, laughter was a prelude to happiness.

One figure stood out and that meant Abigail. Kalypso took a very full mouthful of wine and approached her half-sister, feeling the warm in her veins like a constant reminder of what she was doing, but it was a blissfully weak reminder.

"Sister! Come, entertain your Queen. They are old enough to manage the party, no one will serve them wine," she said with a titter toward her niece and nephew, almost out of character and incredibly boisterous. "Let's get you some wine," added the Savoy woman, handing Abigail her half-full glass of wine and began leading her by the hand toward the wine.

I started for you~

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:14 pm

The celebrations buzzed in Abi’s ears, punctuated every now and then by a deep laugh or a higher-pitched giggle. The Court as a whole was having a good time and that was a relief after the past few months of agony. The fact that Abigail was spending more time keeping an eye on her growing children than she was actually enjoying the party was neither here nor there.

The Archiduchessa had tried making small talk with a handful of people but her heart wasn’t really in it. Callista seemed slightly afraid of her and she always wondered if Iris was really listening or looking for an angle to use to slip some kind of substance into her. Abi would’ve berated herself for that thought a few months ago; now she just acknowledged it and let it settle in the recesses of her mind.

A voice called out and Abi was relieved to be able to extricate herself from Iris’s Southern charms. She offered the herbalist a warm but brief smile before excusing herself.

Making her way over to Kalypso, Abi could smell the sweetness of wine on the air. Throwing one last look over her shoulder to ascertain the whereabouts of her offspring, Abi sighed. She couldn’t remain too blue, though, as her Queen sounded as if she’d already partaken in a glass or two of liquor; the Reine wasn’t yet slurring or swaying but she looked… merry. Perhaps a touch less in control than she normally was.

And maybe Abigail needed to relinquish some control, too. She chuckled as Kaly planted a cup in her hand and began to lead her towards the drinks.

“Ah, go on then.”

Coming face to face with more wine than she had likely consumed over her lifetime, Abigail hesitated for only a second before dipping one finger into the nearest concoction. Bringing that finger to her lips, she grinned.

“Our brother has a talent, no?”

[320]
AbigailSadira

Let me light up the sky, light it up for you
Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:10 pm

Kalypso watched her half-sister with the patience of a saint, though her eyes narrowed as the woman took a tentative taste of a fingertip of a drop. They narrowed further when she did not get herself an actual cup of the beverage and she scowled openly as she scooped up a sloshing bowlful of the liquid and thrust it upon the Archiduchessa.

"Whether he is talented or not, that is not the point, but to enjoy yourself." There was a disgusted hint to her voice, as though she were resenting all the austerity that they were notoriously famous for. Kalypso wanted a change and a demonstration of a ruler with a freely imbibing mood was more than plenty to show. Even if she were not a heavy drinker, she wanted to enjoy the night. She wanted to have some fun. Kalypso was still so young and the world far too bright to leave her in the shadows.

"Just because you're a mother doesn't mean you can't get wild," she added with a waggle of her eyebrows, suggesting quite a lot of things with a singular motion. Kalypso wanted mischief, something to remind herself that she was Queen, but she was a youthful Queen with plenty to give and plenty to take.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:40 pm

Abigail noted the narrowing of Kalypso’s eyes, the scowl which formed on her slender muzzle, and her eyes flicked back when she was encouraged – forcefully – to enjoy herself. It felt wrong, somehow, despite Abigail’s staunch belief that the Court would need to move on from the trials of the past if it was to flourish. The Court as a whole could move on and she would encourage that but she was still plagued with personal guilt over the way Silvano had last seen her.

As a bowl of wine was unceremoniously shoved at her drops of deep red sprang up and dotted the Archiduchessa’s pale fur. Swiftly, she curled a hand around the vessel to prevent further spillage and looked sharply at her half-sister.

“I enjoy tasting my drink as well as consuming it,” Abi retorted, though her ears were still pressed back. She was quickly becoming resigned to the fact that Kalypso was intent on partying. A smirk crept onto her charcoal and rose lips as she lifted the bowl to her maw and took a deep mouthful. “But who am I to defy a Queen?”

It was more than that, of course: Vinátta had held raucous parties, saturated with alcohol stronger than Alessan’s fine wines. To deny herself the chance to let loose was to deny her heritage. Still, Abigail had to work up the courage to defy her own instincts when they told her she should grieve, that she should keep her head about her even as other people let go. Maybe she needed this more than mourning.

If anything, the next look she gave Kalypso as she withdrew her pale muzzle from the bowl was tinged with gratitude.

Abigail took another mouthful and watched the rise and fall of the Reine’s brows. She giggled in spite of the sigh in her head which urged her to remain cautious.

“How do you think I became a Mother?” That was a hair’s breadth from a lie; even with Kira, Abigail had never been truly wild. She shook her head. “Alright, but I was adventurous once.”

[355]
AbigailSadira

Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:58 pm

"That's the spirit!" exclaimed the more inebriated Queen, patting her half-sister on the arm with her clear pleasure at the obedience. Granted, even in her state after a handful of drinks, she knew that her order was hardly a punishment and more of an insistence. Abigail could have very easily ignored her and moved on with her evening, watching her two children instead of enjoying herself. Instead, she agreed, which meant that Kalypso was inclined to be so much more receptive and happy. A good thing, truly.

Still, the Queen gave a loud laugh as she served herself yet another bowl of wine, ignoring the little warning bells in her head that it was well past the time to stop consuming the ambrosial liquid. But it was so sweet, so sour, that she kept letting it pour down her throat without a thought about it. Her mind kept crying out for a ceasefire and her hands ignored the neurons with a vengeance.

"I'm sure you were adventurous when you a child but neither you nor your siblings seem very adventurous to me," she said plainly, swallowing a very full mouthful of wine that dribbled down one corner of her maw. Her hand wiped it up, hardly a glorious gesture, but her eyes glittered with amusement and excitement, much like a girl herself. "Between you, Alessan, and Thyri, I hardly think any of you know what fun is." She slammed her emptied bowl on the table, ignoring the angry glare of Myrtle who went to rescue the wooden thing.

"Drink your bowl! Drink!" she hollered, laughing all the while as others gave her curious glances.

KALYPSO SAVOY

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:32 am

Abigail eyed her half-sister warily. Growing up in Vinátta had taught her enough about alcohol that she knew it could either be a great social lubricant or an excellent recipe for mistakes. She thought she could hold her drink well enough that she wouldn’t make any dire ones herself – but Kalypso seemed already farther gone.

It was true that Abigail had been more adventurous and less solidly dutiful as a youngster. Time and trials had changed her into someone who put family and duty before her own desire to have fun. Of course Kalypso would have no memory of a young Abigail, getting up to mischief in the snow in Jordheim and sneaking sips of mead from her elders at Vináttan parties.

She smiled, a refined expression, when the Queen said she doubted the siblings knew what fun was. Then, realizing that refined wasn’t exactly on the cards for Kalypso at this moment, Abi laughed.

“When I was a child my head was full of fairytales and I thought being a Princess was the best thing ever.”

What would her Kingly Father make of her now, virtually unable to let go and enjoy herself? Abigail chased away that wistful musing with a gulp of wine from her bowl.

“You’re right, though – lately it’s been harder to have fun and that should change.” Lapping at the bowl again, Abigail didn’t utter the fact that she wished for that change mostly so Cicely and Ajax knew how to have fun while they were still young.

[260]
AbigailSadira

Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:39 pm

Kalypso rolled her eyes but felt a pang of sympathy. As a naive child, she had thought about how she was the daughter of a King and that made her a Princess. She had definitely felt that it was part of her blood, part of her heritage, to be the daughter of a ruler and all the fun that came with it. Yet, she lived in the islands and had a Captain for a mother instead. She never resented her mother, for the woman gave her plenty of amusement growing up and let her children grow freely.

Abigail seemed to have fallen into the cliche and lost her spark. Kalypso had come with the desire to be Queen, but refused to let the youthful spark die out. It would never die, not without a fight from the Reine.

"Good, it's time for you to be fun. No more wallowing. Your children need amusement. Understand?" There seemed to be an iron hand that gripped Abigail's arm all of a sudden. Her fingers gripped in a warning. She simply did not want the youth of the Court, the future, stuck in the slow and mellow ways of the past. They needed ambition.

That grip slackened a little, but the Queen began to pull Abigail to the outskirts of the party as she whispered in a very not-a-whispering tone of voice. "Look at Mayne," she said, pointing very obviously at the man who drank his drink and spoke with another Courtier. It seemed he was talking to Callista. "Lets scare 'em," she suggested, grinning conspiratorially.

KALYPSO SAVOY

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:51 am

The alcohol was sweet and sharp at the same time, swirling over the elder half-sister’s tongue and sinking into her veins with ease. This was the double edged sword of seldom being a drinker: Abigail was a cheap date, so to speak. She found her head humming and her lips buzzing after dipping her muzzle to the bowl again, as if every errant insect in the area had wriggled into her skull and started singing out a cheery tune. It was easy to revel in the pleasantness of it all – and it was just what Abigail had needed.

A little time to let loose, to bond with Kalypso, couldn’t hurt. Abigail knew she had shut the Reine out when their Father had passed away; she knew she hadn’t made all the effort she could’ve done. It had always been easy for Abi to make friends but where her fiery half-sister was concerned things felt more difficult. Perhaps, early on, Abigail had tried to force their relationship, greedy as ever for another sibling.

Kalypso knew how to have fun and since that was what Abi’s life had been lacking in the past few months she bobbed her head and pledged inwardly to stick close to the Reine during these celebrations. Just as she had learned from Silvano how a leader worked, Abigail could learn from Kalypso how to have fun again. Cicely and Ajax could take care of themselves; perhaps that was best.

“Yes, I understand,” she agreed, smirking with a gleam of mischief in her eye. She allowed herself to be pulled to the edges of the party and barely noticed when some of the rapidly receding wine in the bowl sloshed over her arm.

When the young Queen gestured toward Mayne and Callista Abigail’s sea green eyes were on the pair like a shot. Her lips turned up in a grin.

“They do seem.. awfully deep in conversation. Would be a shame if someone made them jump out of their skins...” The Archiduchessa waggled her eyebrows in a most un-Abigail way. “Or do you have a better idea?”

[350]
AbigailSadira

Cour des Miracles
Duchesse
Rat
Luperci Mate to Kira
misuse of imagination

POSTED: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:09 pm

--

She gave the least regal cackle anyone could have given, swaying slightly on her feet as she did so. The drink helped her to feel so fluid, like water, that her body insisted on behaving like it, too. She straightened herself, letting her center of gravity balance properly again.

Yes, they sure do. Here, she said, reaching for a passing canine’s drink of water. The bowl’s loss made the woman glare, but Iris backed down with a shrug when Kalypso pointed her own glare right back. A heavy sigh escaped the southern woman, shaking her head and moving back to get yet another serving of water. Kaly shoved the bowl into Abigail hand.

Her finger pointed at Callista. You’re going to come up behind Mayne. I’ll come up behind Callista, she began, waggling that appendage in the air as though demonstrating the plan. You’re going to dump the bowl on him after I grab the girl and make her jump. It was a beautifully simple plan that was also incredibly stupid.

Kalypso did not care how juvenile or petty it was, so she did not wait for Abigail’s response, and slinked off into the shadows. How stealthy she actually was may have been a different thing entirely.

Note: she was not stealthy at all and alcohol was a very powerful deluder.

KALYPSO SAVOY

Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

Dead Topics