Wolf to the slaughter

Alessan

POSTED: Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:04 am

Kira still had a minor amout of trouble actually believing that he had finally made the point of leaving his previous pack and joining that of the court, granted it had been something in which he had set his mind to for some time previous to his acting upon such things but the reality of it all took a little more getting used to. Especially taking into consideration that despite being mostly aware of the general layout of the courtier pack from his previous visits here it would continue to take him a little longer to become completely familliar with all that lay within these lands.

But then again, if nothing else it were certainly something worth doing especially as it could so very easily prove to be otherwise embarressing should he be asked or otherwise requested to meet or take someone to a specific place and in turn he would not be able to do so because he knew not where he were going.

So that was what he planned to do over however long a period were needed for him to gain - if nothing else - a vague mental map of these lands in order for him to feel mildly confident about where he were and such. Though if anyone were to casually observe the Seigneur in passing it might be forgiven for them to think that Kira were either lost or otherwise wandering with no set destination and they would at least be half right. It had been for this reason that found him - albeit with a certain degree of caution - heading away from Chien Hotel and towards Lunenberg, this supposed old fishing town had come as something of a slight interest to Kira enough to at least give him reason to want to take a look around.

Which is just where Kira headed for, careful that he didn't get too badly lost along the way and remembered the route in which he took for the last thing he wanted was to be forced to ask another courtier for help and in turn disturb whatever task they had been up to.
Cour des Miracles
Monsieur
Sam
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:57 pm

In light of all the tragedy around them, Alessan was glad to see that at least Kira had finally made the right decision. He had been waiting for the man to make the transition to the Court, mostly because there was no option of Abigail going to Casa. It was not going ot happen and the man had his children in the Court, so it only made sense that the two of them would join together in one location properly for the sake of the children and any more spawn they might get up to making with one another.

That it took so long was curious but the vintner was not the type to pry too much, even if the situation was an interesting one.

Instead of confronting the man from the get go, he figured he would let him run around a bit and learn the territory better than he had in all of his previous visits. Of course, with their father gone, it was up to Alessan to assert some sort of authority over Kira, for all that the man was the same age as their deceased dad. It was a strange situation but the earthen male was not about to let his sister suffer.

He loped easily from his vineyard toward the Hotel, knowing it was the best starting point as any, but did not stray far from the path. The man's smell came up soon enough and his pace increased, before he nonchalantly settled into pace beside the man, like a wraith from the ether.

"Well, hello, father of my niece and nephew," he greeted with cheer, if somewhat pointedly despite how chipper he seemed. He looked at Kira sidelong through half-lidded eyes, almost lazily.

-

ALESSAN STORMBRINGER
And I cannot decipher between the thrill and the fear. I want to stop but I like it too much to let it stop here

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Duc
Gen

voice from the past
from those conflicted nights
such faraway reflections
a Thousand Confessions
The soul yearns for honor

POSTED: Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:57 pm

Regardless of the fact that Kira had for the most part been mentally preparing himself for this it was going to take some getting used to there were no doubt about that, the literal change of scenary he could deal with as it would not be long before he confidently knew his way around. No it were the differing customs and such that would take a little longer, but then again he would simply have to deal with that wouldn't he? That and of course having to familiarize himself with all the courtier's that resided here especially when naturally many already knew of him; THAT was going to be the tougher part.

It were these thoguhts that plagued the silvery male to the point in which he were not aware of the fact he were being followed up until the point where a fellow courtier quite literally appeared walking next to him and greeted him, momentary surprise and alarm passed across his features before making attempts to calm himself. Only then did he politely dip his head and a small smile in greeting, after all better to do so rather than run the risk of insulting anyone too soon.

"Greetings . . . . umm Sir? I'm sorry I don't think I have had the pleasure of meeting you properly?" Kira spoke politely with a faint hint of nervousness as a flash of apology pased across his features in turn. Well, it were true - aside from assuming he were one of Abi's many siblings andthe uncle of his children too.
Cour des Miracles
Monsieur
Sam
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:50 pm

The man was older than he and yet bowed his head in deference, which confused the vintner a little bit. He did not think that they were so formal as that, but it was clear that Kira had a different standard of morals than some of them. Alessan raised a brow a little at that hesitant reply, as well as the flash of alarm that had passed across his features. Alarm at what, exactly? He was hardly a terrifying person. Of all the siblings born to the same duo of parents, he was likely the least threatening of them. Except for Serena and Gaia. They were far less intimidating than even him.

"Oh, no, no you haven't, you're right. We should have met when my sister delivered Cicely and Ajax," he admitted, grinning widely despite the politeness in the man's voice. Too polite, too formal, thought the winemaker. He wanted the man to loosen up a little; the Court was not quite as daunting as it seemed, for all the airs they all put on now and again.

Without leave, Alessan moved and put an arm on the man's shoulder, marveling at the fact Kira was likely as old or older than their deceased parents. Of course you picked a silver fox, Abi, he thought absently to himself, shaking his head at the fact. Kira, to boot, was only a few inches shorter than he, which meant that Abigail towered over the father of her children. What a world, what a choice.

"Relax, relax, I won't bite. Abigail can do that for me," he soothed, in a very unsoothing sort of way. He laughed as though it was a funny joke and that Kira was not too polite to rise to the bait. "The Court is quite fancy at times but you can relax a little. We're not stuffy, I promise." Or at least, he wasn't. He waved a hand in front of him as though to blow away the stuffy thoughts.

-

ALESSAN STORMBRINGER
And I cannot decipher between the thrill and the fear. I want to stop but I like it too much to let it stop here

Cour des Miracles
Duc
Gen

voice from the past
such faraway reflections
a Thousand Confessions

POSTED: Tue Jul 10, 2018 3:38 pm

Kira was gradually starting to realise now that just maybe he would seriously need to allow himself to relax just a little in regards to the way in which he were behaving towards those other's who resided within the court especially those who knew at least to some degree knew were of a higher rank than he. For as he were starting to understand much like within his previous pack to some degree when not in any sort of formal situation, of course until he felt more comfortable in doing so Kira would probably find himself trying to remember such things.

To hear confirmation however that the pair had not properly met - at least not until now of course - got Kira remaining quiet for a while longer, of course no doubt given how many siblings Abigail had within the court alone and given up until recently he had not been a part of the court it would have been only naturally meant he had not become fully familliar with everyone. The sensation of having an arm around his shoulders tugged him from his thoughts before green eyes turned to observe the other, mildly curious to just what the other male thoguht of him - not that such things ever mattered and thus forced from his mind. "Well we have met now so that make's up for not having met earlier doesn't it? And no doubt plenty of time to get to know each other." Kira spoke in something of a cheery manner, finally daring to allow himself to more fully relax.

The referance in which were made about Abi got a ghost of a smile daring to tug at his lips before a soft chuckle dared to escape him, how true it was even if it would be something in which was safe to admit around the one in question. "I have no doubt she will if there is a need to, unless of course there is a good reason for you to do so too. But only if you say so, not that I would dare doubt your word."
Cour des Miracles
Monsieur
Sam
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:08 pm

Alessan gave a laugh at the suddenly cheery answer. The man had seemed almost hesitantly dreary that he was worried Abigail had lost her mind with the choice made in such a creature. Mercifully, it seemed he was more uncomfortable in a new place rather than being a dullard. Good. The Duc would have hated to see such a fate for his sister, who needed someone cheery enough to keep up with her ambitious happiness.

"I hope she does. And you better hope I never do. But I'm not much fond of stealing partners from siblings. It really doesn't encourage affection between us and I'm sure Abigail wouldn't thank me," he said as he gave the man's chest a pat, arm still looped over his shoulder. There was plenty of warning in his words, even though they were so lightly uttered. He doubted there was anything to fear, but someone had to watch out.

Ale slipped his arm free, though, and grinning at the father of his niblings. He gestured to himself, hands to chest. "Alessan." His tail waved slightly behind him. "Now, tell me what you're all about. We're going to find a place for you amongst us, yet. What do you do?" He could not rightly recall what Abigail had said and he was determined to be useful.

-

ALESSAN STORMBRINGER

Cour des Miracles
Duc
Gen

voice from the past
such faraway reflections
a Thousand Confessions

POSTED: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:54 pm

Any awkwardness or general worry over now that firstly and namely Kira were being somewhat more relaxed within the company of the other male it felt so much better to at least be able to not have the concerns of having to be constantly on his toes - metaphorically speaking - and worry himself to the point about making a fool of himself in some way. The warning - however good natured the other male may have sounded when speaking them - was certainly taken note of, for althoguh Kira would never truly dream of doing anything to cause Abigail any form of distress to know there were others aside from her that would hunt him down to avenge her to some degree would be enough for most to avoid such an outcome from occuring.

So naturally there were no need for Kira to speak further in that respect, rather nodding his understanding and comfirmation of Alessan's warning and display that he had taken it all to heart and would make a point of remembering all this for the duration and remainder of his life with Abigail.

The self introduction that the other male - Alessan - made was received with the smallest of nods and smiles before silently listening to th queries made in regards to the older male was enough to get him pausing momentarily. "When I still lived there I was the herbalist there, I grew any useful herbs and plants for the healers to use or anyone that may need something in particular. Also know a thing or two about healing and such, but can imagine have plenty of each here?" Kira spoke, the faintest hint of curiosity forming upon his features after a time.
Cour des Miracles
Monsieur
Sam
Luperci

Cour des Miracles