hijo de tigre tigrito

Kaly | cNPC joining!

POSTED: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:30 pm

OOC: Halcón joining! He brings a horsey with him ;D

IC:
The Shattered Coast was wild, its salted air and looming rocks thrilling to a young woman who had always dreamed of freedom from a small Balearic island. The seas around Eivissa had been serene: flat and warm and a brighter blue than these dark, battering waves.

Paloma wandered the coast often, seeking out chunks of sea glass, shells or one of the numerous treasures to be found in small tidal pools. Comparing those pools to the ocean often put her in mind of her home island; it was easy to compare its size to this wilder, colder land. Thinking pragmatically Paloma knew that both had their pluses and minuses.

The pluses here were that there were canines of every breed, from every walk of life imaginable. Wolves had been a rarity on Eivissa; here, in the Court, Paloma was surrounded by them. Their scents drenched the borders; tufts of their thick coats were left on the twiggy branches of bushes. Every now and then Paloma would catch the scent of wolf and her heart would shudder to a stop.

Today there was only the scent of sea salt on the breeze and damp sand scattered over the rocks she walked on. Until, of course, there was the scent of someone else.

She could see the dog as she approached the Court’s rocky coastal corner. He was taller and bulkier than Paloma and he had not called for an audience, which put her on edge. Paloma bent her knees and slipped down from a craggy formation onto solid ground. The Seigneur didn’t sound an alarm, for she had wandered to the very edge of the territory and the man hadn’t yet breached the unseen line of the Court’s borders.

She strode closer with narrowed eyes. Something was prodding at the darkest reaches of her mind. This man was familiar though the horse a short distance behind him was not…

Paloma drew a sharp breath in through her teeth and then she broke into a headlong run toward the familiar figure.

“Halcón!” For someone who prided herself on her composure Paloma had no qualms about dissolving into a mass of wagging tail and splayed ears. She flung her arms wide as the distance between them closed and soon she was breathing in a potent scent she had thought gone forever as a firm hand patted her hair.

“Little Paloma – not so little any more. You grew well, mi hermana.”

Paloma stepped back from her brother’s embrace, hawk-sharp eyes looking him over.

“Where did my skinny big brother go?” she wondered. Her flickered and flattened; if her elder brother had found her here then there was always a chance that others would, too. But family was family and questions of a sensitive nature could wait. “You will stay,” she declared, “I will call for our Queen.” The man lifted a brow, eliciting a smirk from his sibling: “Behave yourself.”

Paloma let out a doggish howl requesting the Reine’s presence at the North-Eastern borders. Her eyes fell upon the horse, then – a fine stallion as pale as both Roviras’ base coats – and they filled with covetous admiration.

[500+]
Cour des Miracles
Madame
Rat

POSTED: Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:47 pm

--

She felt irritable and warm, uncomfortable in a way she had never really expected to be uncomfortable. It a warmth that itched all over and made her rub at her belly in sheer distaste. Everything felt still, muggy, and she felt irritated at everything. She avoided nearly everyone, trying not to go out of her way in an obvious sort of way, but it was clear that she was addled for one reason or another. Kalypso felt that she needed to come to terms with reality before she addressed it with anyone else.

Would anyone else even care or would she have no one to help her during a birth? Would her family set aside their distaste of her to help her through a terrifying ordeal?

Or would she be as alone as Mistral was?

She walked despite the soreness to her feet and ankles. A soak, though, in the warm lake sounded like a good plan to her. It would cool her off and sooth her at the same time. There was a dull ache in her lower half, which she attested to the surge of hormones that flooded her body to accommodate the life that was flourishing within.

The thought of an herbal end to the problem never occurred to her, too ingrained to preserve life that the idea of removing it was abhorrent. It was her own fault and she would live with it.

But before she could even make it to the lake and its soothing lapping wind-borne waves, a call came. Were it anyone else but Paloma, she would have let Abigail handle it. But after the talk the woman had with the Reine, she was more careful about who knew what. So, Kalypso turned her sore feet toward the woman at the borders, wondering what was happening. The call, too, had been specifically for her.

She arrived, feeling a little agitated, but she merely tugged down her shirt a little more to hide the slight bulge. Two stood near a rather dashing equine, though Kalypso only gave the beast a cursory glance before she settled on the man. Handsome and she would have appreciated it at any other point.

A friend, Paloma? She settled her tired gaze upon Paloma.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

POSTED: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:38 am

“I see you making eyes at my horse,” Halcón teased, though he made no move to prevent the more slender dog from striding across the sands to lay a dainty hand on the stallion’s neck.

“The poor thing has had you as his master for how long?” Palo shot back, smirking. “He deserves someone who’s good with them. You’re good with pigs. And I -” Her chest puffed out, pale green eyes flashing, “- was always the best with the horses, at home.”

Something else flashed in the dog’s eyes – something wary, something akin to shame.

“Do you want to ask me about home?” Halcón prompted. Paloma squeezed her eyes shut for a heartbeat and shook her head.

Luego,” she muttered as a speck of a figure appeared around the crags that littered the horizon.

Paloma pranced away from the fine grey stallion to curtsy to the Reine of Cour des Miracles. Halcón offered Kalypso a sweeping bow, his tail hanging low and loose. He had always been good at maintaining respect for his elders and betters on Eivissa, Paloma reflected. Even when he’d left, he’d left without a fight for dominance or much fanfare.

“This is my brother, Halcón,” Paloma chirped. “He left Eivissa to explore the world.”

“And somehow I still ended up face to face with my little sister,”
Halcón chuckled. His gaze was slightly averted from the Reine; if either Rovira heeded Kalypso’s swelling belly they did nothing to draw attention to it.

Paloma straightened from her curtsy and her eyes flicked to her brother. There was adoration there, for Halcón had been the first of the Rovira children to step out into the big, wide world alone. Paloma had modelled herself after him, in many ways, until life had dictated otherwise.

“I left our homeland to become a merchant,” the man explained, head still slightly bowed. “A choice our parents were not fond of. When I heard that little Paloma had also left the island I thought it was time for a reunion.”

[349]
Cour des Miracles
Madame
Rat

POSTED: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:33 pm

--

A brother found, siblings reunited. Kalypso repressed a very jealous glare. It was a situation she had kept hoping would happen to her with Leander. But every cycle of the moon proved that it was more and more of a silly expectation. He had his work in the islands, maybe even helping their mother. Why would he come to indulge the whims of his headstrong sister, for all that they were close as children and she could still feel her love for the boy she had grown up with.

Kalypso popped a hip, more out of habit than anything else as they bantered between one another. Obviously, there was plenty of affection between the two of them, which only panged in her heart even more. Would Leander come one day? Would she see her brother again in this life? She tried to keep the sudden sad thoughts at bay, knowing that it was a spike in her hormones demanding her brain shift it’s behavior.

Welcome to the Court, then, she greeted as she forced the tightness out of her lips and plastered a smile upon her maw. How long do you plan to stay with us? And have you brought us any goods since you are so well-traveled a merchant? she asked with her brows raised, eyes widening as they shifted from the man to the stallion, wondering if there was anything of value that could come to the Court.

But she took a moment, gaze shifting back to the man. Or are you here for a more prolonged stay? she said heavily, with meaning, as though it dripped with the suggestion he should not leave. They could always use a merchant.

KALYPSO SAVOY
If I knew you were a sellout. A thief. Use me up - I would have never let you near me.

Player WikiCommissionsCharacter Wiki
Cour des Miracles
Reine
Gen
† ♥ SANG DE LA MER ♥ †
the power that you crave

Cour des Miracles